Love,Patience,& Support-Staying tgther until all preggo! 14BFPs! 2 Twins 4 angels

Been working a lot, so not able to be online much.

Great numbers, MrsKA! Mine were:

10dpo: 84
12dpo: 311
17dpo: 3659

Your numbers do NOT look ectopic to me. To diagnose an ectopic we usually look for low numbers that aren't doubling, it's unusual (not impossible, but really unlikely) for ectopic numbers to get very high and when they do it's a slow rise, typically.

I am with the others who said twins would freak them out. I will adjust, of course, but it's terrifying to me. :nope:

Your pictures are adorable, Sal! Sorry you're measuring behind. How many weeks/days were you expecting to be? Sometimes it's just a matter of implantation day and date calculations and ultrasound margin of error. I'm sure it's fine! :hugs:

I have an ultrasound scheduled on Monday morning! I'm so nervous! I just want them to find something in there, at this point I've become worried it's just a big joke. :cry: I'm losing my mind.

Yum, testing at 10dpo, yes? Fx for you!!

Cil - I know you think it's impossible this month, but I still have my fingers crossed for a little miracle bean for you!! Keep your head up!

Sal, the baby looks so cute already! Thank you so much or sharing, hun!

And maybe a stupid question: does everyone really adjusts their tickers to the age of the fetus determined by the sonographer, and not by the actual pregnancy? It's just strange. I think I would still leave the pg ticker according to the ovulation date cause thats how long you've been pg anyway, no matter the current measurements?

Sorry I should have said im worried about another molar not ectopic ! my brain is frazzled ! BBA your numbers are way higher then mine were !!! Mine were 63 at 12 DPO, 200 at 14DPO and 1600 at 18DPO !! Maybe you have two in there !!! hahaha is it possible that you released two eggs with the clomid ??

Sal I would be inclined to believe your own dates, baby might just be a bit smaller is all and scans aren't always accurate. Did you say that if their calculations were you correct that you would have got your BFP way to early for it to be possible ?

Sal, the baby looks so cute already! Thank you so much or sharing, hun!

And maybe a stupid question: does everyone really adjusts their tickers to the age of the fetus determined by the sonographer, and not by the actual pregnancy? It's just strange. I think I would still leave the pg ticker according to the ovulation date cause thats how long you've been pg anyway, no matter the current measurements?

I think people change them based on measurements bc a lot of people don't track ovulation. If you know for sure when you ovulated then that's the most accurate, however...if you don't know for sure when you ovulated a 10-12 weeks ultrasound is really accurate.

Sorry I should have said im worried about another molar not ectopic ! my brain is frazzled ! BBA your numbers are way higher then mine were !!! Mine were 63 at 12 DPO, 200 at 14DPO and 1600 at 18DPO !! Maybe you have two in there !!! hahaha is it possible that you released two eggs with the clomid ??

Sal I would be inclined to believe your own dates, baby might just be a bit smaller is all and scans aren't always accurate. Did you say that if their calculations were you correct that you would have got your BFP way to early for it to be possible ?

Clomid definitely increases the risk of multiples, so it's definitely possible. I'm hoping it's just one really healthy little guy or gal in there though. I can't say for sure, obviously, but I don't think your numbers are even close to molar range. My doctor told me mine weren't high enough for molar, so I would suspect the same for yours.

Sal, sorry to cause this confusion, but I have seen some other girls change their tickers to their newly obtained baby age after a scan they had. But my logic was like this: let's say your 7 yo son is much shorter than his 7 yo classmates, would that make him younger than them? Lol :) plus, tons of healthy full term babies ate born anywhere from 6lb to 10lb! How could they all measure exactly the same? Plus, what if you wouldbe given measurements that put you a week ahead? Does it mean that you will carry this child or one week less? I doubt that. So that's the logic I have, which is of course just coming from a regular person. I will ask tomorrow at my appointment about that as I am also curious and kinda feel for you that they put you back one week :( but I am glad to hear the bubba is doing great!

Interested to see what bump says on this. Since I'm not sure for myself i personally planned on setting my ticker to whatever my first scan shows and leave it at that as I have heard there can be a lot of fluctuation and that the u/s aren't exact.
I have seen a lot of ladies change them at every scan which would just be confusing to me, once I get a due date I stick with that. Worked the first time around as my ds was born the day before his due date.

Yeah, I Got my due date with ds right from the start, at about 6 weeks, and it never crossed my mind to adjust my dates to the measurements I got from scans. My ds was born a whole two weeks before due date, but it somehow didn't seem odd to me at that time. I think Laura's case is a perfect example why she would change her dates according to measurements, but still only the first time. Anyway, sorry to go onand on about this.

Cilly, babe, how are you doing? How is your mood?

Cil - how are you hun?

Kat - how are you feeling??

As for me - I started having very stretchy eggwhite CM today...took another OPK but came out negative, BDed just in case! Who knows, maybe I didn't O yet. I dont know.

Yum, I am doing good, not much different, just very tired all the time.
Wow, weird, hope your cycle will turn out like Laura's - weird but with bfp at the end :)

Sal I have always been told that the earlier the scan the more accurate and the further along you get the more of a discrepancy there can be. At how many DPO did you get your BFP ?

Yep,I agree, it's pretty straight forward. You did a great job charting that cycle!

Sal - I would go with what you know that you got your bfp on 10dpo. Most doctors just guestimate to day of conception. You're probably further along than they say.

As for me - Temp went back up. I'm still thinking it could have been implantation, but all that CM i got yesterday...did anyone else get a lot of CM the day of their implantation if they knew they got one??

bump, asking ur professional opinion, in my situation (knowing exactly when i ovulagted) against the 12w scan which would U go with?

(asking from what u ve maybe seen or heard from work...do people vary...could i hit a growth and move back ahead? or should i really go with o date)

Kat, right now i have both but i m soooo confused i dont know which one im SUPPOSED to use..:S

Personally I would go with when I ovulated, because I know that's the exact day. The reason they use a 12w dating scan is because most just don't have a clue when they got pregnant. Did they schedule you for another scan? At this point, especially with you knowing exactly when ovulation occurred, I would expect them to want to repeat the scan to make sure baby is growing as expected. That's what we would do here, anyway.

Sal, sorry to cause this confusion, but I have seen some other girls change their tickers to their newly obtained baby age after a scan they had. But my logic was like this: let's say your 7 yo son is much shorter than his 7 yo classmates, would that make him younger than them? Lol :) plus, tons of healthy full term babies ate born anywhere from 6lb to 10lb! How could they all measure exactly the same? Plus, what if you wouldbe given measurements that put you a week ahead? Does it mean that you will carry this child or one week less? I doubt that. So that's the logic I have, which is of course just coming from a regular person. I will ask tomorrow at my appointment about that as I am also curious and kinda feel for you that they put you back one week :( but I am glad to hear the bubba is doing great!

The issue is that growth disparities are much wider at 7 years than at 12 weeks gestational age. Babies should be generally the same size at this point in gestation, which is what makes early dating scans so accurate. There are several reasons a baby may measure small, including that the baby is just small, it was laying at an odd angle, the ultrasound tech wasn't extremely experienced, etc.

The point of 12 week dating scans, though, is more for people who DON'T know when they ovulated. If you are sure of ovulation day, like Sal is, that is much more accurate.

Interested to see what bump says on this. Since I'm not sure for myself i personally planned on setting my ticker to whatever my first scan shows and leave it at that as I have heard there can be a lot of fluctuation and that the u/s aren't exact.
I have seen a lot of ladies change them at every scan which would just be confusing to me, once I get a due date I stick with that. Worked the first time around as my ds was born the day before his due date.

In your case, like Kat said, you have a great reason to change your due date based on dating scan and this is exactly why we use dating scans - to figure out approximate gestational age for those who aren't 100% sure when ovulation/conception occurred. There can be fluctuation in ultrasound measurements as you get along and, as a general rule, the earlier the scan the more accurate the dating. So, your best bet is to go with your first scan's date! :) Speaking of...WHEN is your first scan?

Yeah, I Got my due date with ds right from the start, at about 6 weeks, and it never crossed my mind to adjust my dates to the measurements I got from scans. My ds was born a whole two weeks before due date, but it somehow didn't seem odd to me at that time. I think Laura's case is a perfect example why she would change her dates according to measurements, but still only the first time. Anyway, sorry to go onand on about this.

Cilly, babe, how are you doing? How is your mood?

That's great logic - we never adjust dates based on later scans! And you're very right about Laura, that's why dating scans exist! Being in the #ttc world is completely different from being in the real world, where a large majority of pregnancies are either unplanned or semi-surprises.

Sal - I would go with what you know that you got your bfp on 10dpo. Most doctors just guestimate to day of conception. You're probably further along than they say.

As for me - Temp went back up. I'm still thinking it could have been implantation, but all that CM i got yesterday...did anyone else get a lot of CM the day of their implantation if they knew they got one??

I don't remember having extra CM on implantation day, but I've heard of people having extra CM about a week after ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->