Lovely Ladies TTC

Sorry to hear that AngelNoelle :hugs: Hopefully AF will stay away, but it she doesn't - :dust: :dust: :dust: for your next cycle!

My preseed arrived today :happydance: If I ever get to have another cycle :)growlmad:), I am ready to also start temping again and trying preseed. I don't really have any other suggestions unfortunately....

Sorry for you too Kittykat! :hugs:
I'm not sure but have read that most women test in the afternoon, or even twice/day - once am and once pm, so they won't miss the surge. I only used one OPK in this cycle, tested in the afternoon and got a clear positive (and then tested again a few days later just to see how a negative one would look like, lol)

Thank you :) Ill just keep testing and hopefully will get a positive reading xx

Ill hang around here even tho my AF hasnt started yet and Ive not retested. Ill keep an eye on you girls regardless! :)

I have somehow managed not to test yet... I still have 5 more days until AF is due. So hopefully I can hold out a little longer! Ahh I hate this TWW!!! Love the idea of this group especially because I didn't know you aren't able to see/participate in the same forums once status changes. :) id love to keep all this support!

Ill hang around here even tho my AF hasnt started yet and Ive not retested. Ill keep an eye on you girls regardless! :)

With the move to the groups page you can hang around as long as you like!! :happydance:

Well, 'ello, 'ello, 'ello, fancy seeing you guys here!

How are we all doing? I'm not having an awesome month to be honest. About a million bfn's and to top it off, af is late now, so I can't even crack on with the next cycle. This is about the first time I've been late in over 18 months, but if I was pg, it'd show positive by now :-(

We only had 2 bfp's off the old thread, so here's to hopefully getting lots on this one x

Actually I have done a lot of reading on preconception care for my studies .. I am a registered nurse midwife .. And number one on the list is to take folic acid from atleast one month before TTC .. It will prevent a lot of neural tube defects in the baby ..

:thumbup::thumbup: I always wince when ladies say they just started prenatals when they got their BFP. It's so important to have that folic acid in the system for a while beforehand.
I'm glad you tell ladies that! :)

:growlmad:

I may be out this month. I've been having little crampies late morning/ early afternoon, horrible grouchies, and now spotting.

With my last pg I had implantation bleeding, but the first day or 2 of AF I also get spotting. Just going with my gut feeling so I think AF is approaching my front door.

Instead of :cry: about it (which I may still do) I'm going to plan for the next cycle. I'm going to get on FF to start charting, buy a BT, some OPK strips and Preseed. I will also have DH start taking vitamins.

Any suggestions ladies? Any suppliments I should be looking at getting?

I think the charting will help you a lot, and show you a lot about your cycle. And so will both you and him taking prenatals/vitamins, good move there. :thumbup:

My spouse is on multis, fish oil, calcium, vit D, and B50 complex. I'm taking chromium, multi, fish oil, vit D, B50, vitex and, depending on symptoms, acidophilus and cranberry.
The B50 is to stop my pre-AF spotting, and the chromium is to help with insulin levels.
I really wouldn't recommend you use vitex if you have regular cycles, it will mess you up; and depending on why you spot pre-AF, B50 might not be a good idea for you.

Hi Ladies- So a little on what I've learn the past 2 months... with opk you want to test in the afternoon/evening since your LH levels rise awhile after waking. It's tough though b/c you shouldn't take in a lot of fluid before testing yet you want to stay hydrated so that your cm stayed fluid. I learned that last month when I found I wasn't peeing like I should have and was dehydrating myself. I did the cough syrup thing last month too but MAKE SURE it only has the Guaifenesin as the main ingredient, antihistamines will dry you out and you don't want that for EWCM. Cervix position is another key thing to watch for when trying to determine ovulation but that's a personal choice. Took me awhile to figure that one out :huh:

For temping make sure it's specifically a basal body thermometer and you need to take it upon first waking up within about 30 mins each day. I totally recommend the Nexcare one b/c it has a light (Amazon). Since you doing it first thing in the morning, it'll most likely be dark. Most of them have a memory recall so you can always look at it later if you don't have one. Don't get up, move around or anything. Once you wake pop it in your mouth and wait. I also keep it under my pillow since our bedroom is cool and it can affect your temp if the thermometer is cold to start off with. Every woman's temp is different. You'll develop you're own pattern so don't worry about what everyone else is.

I think we all worry and wonder way too much and it causes undo stress. I've read that stress can totally delay AF if you have a lot going on. I also read "What to Expect Before Your Expecting" and it really, really helped me out a ton on understanding my body and what's going on. It's been a long time since I was in 5th grade :winkwink:

Also, I'm on Metformin for my PCOS and I also take a prenatal, D3 (calcium), Fish Oil w/DHA. I check w/my physician and she's ok'd all 3 supplements.

Thanks Angel for starting this thread and good luck to all the lovey ladies ttc!!
:dust::dust::dust:

What should I do to increase my chances next month if my AF does come? Would appreciate it as I am a novice at this. Thanks for the heads up about the new forum :)

Sorry, I wish I could help. I am not an expert with this since I have only been TTC for a few months. Every woman is different though. I think stress is a huge factor for BFNs. Try not to stress!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Here you all are!!!! :D

Thanks for the invite, unfortunatly my AF has come and gone, starting again now, first time using ovulation sticks, any tips on when the best time of day to test?

xxxx

Most kits say the afternoon. I used mine at night because I have such a weird work schedule. FMU is usually not recommended.

This group was a great idea Angel! I hope you ladies don't mind me tagging along in this group. This group is by far the best I have been involved with! I still want to stalk you all!! Haha!

Just an update with me. Still no spotting. Small cramps here and there, but I have had those since before my BFP. I called the doctor and they said I can just walk in so I am going tomorrow. Hopefully I get good results. I started feeling nauseous last night, hard major sore boobs when I woke up. My eyes have also started to bother me. I wear contacts, but had to rely on glasses today because they are bothering me so much right now. I am hoping these are all good signs. I don't feel like anything is wrong which is making me so hopeful!

Id just like to say I am very conscious of having a healthy baby and would do anything to help that. Myself and my partner were not actively trying so therefore that is why I was not already taking folic acid or any other prenatal vitamins. Now that I believe I could be I am investing in everything I can to help my baby be healthy.

That said I need advice. . .

A pulling and stretching feeling in my groin is that normal or should I be worried?

A pulling and stretching feeling in my groin is that normal or should I be worried?

how many DPO are you? if u are around 6 to 12 DPO it might even mean that the baby is snuggling in u .. cant say for sure .. if it is not too painful, try to ignore it .. do u get cramps before AF arrives?

since yesterday my BBS feel weird .. kind of spongy .. did it happen to any of you girls? i dont remember it happening during my last pregnancy .. and i am also feeling some pricking sort of feeling down there .. feels as if AF is gonna start anytime!!

Just tested with IC .. BFN :( I am 14 DPO today .. AF, hurry up if u r on the way!!!!

Id just like to say I am very conscious of having a healthy baby and would do anything to help that. Myself and my partner were not actively trying so therefore that is why I was not already taking folic acid or any other prenatal vitamins. Now that I believe I could be I am investing in everything I can to help my baby be healthy.

That said I need advice. . .

Babymumma I hope you don't feel like people were being judgy or anything!! It's def preferable to get yourself in shape before pregnancy but life doesn't always happen like that. My sister's first was a surprise, so she wasn't taking anything but of course began as soon as she got a bfp. Her daughter is a totally healthy, noisy toddler now :)

I wouldn't worry about pulling and stretching - it could be AF on the way in which case it's normal. But if you are preggo it is also normal! Everything starts stretching, your body produces hormones to relax your muscles down there etc etc.

Just tested with IC .. BFN :( I am 14 DPO today .. AF, hurry up if u r on the way!!!!

:hugs: Nadhoo, sorry to hear that. Should AF be here today?

PurpleIvy and AngelNoelle - I should really know more than I do about supplements since DH used to run a health store! I think he taught me so much it all began to fall out of my brain...I have a terrible memory. I think a general prenatal vit like Pregnacare Preconception should have everything in it that you need. I agree with Minuet tho you need to be careful about vitex as if you're regular they can actually muck you up.

I'm starting round #2 of clomid today. Considering everything I just said I'm in 2 minds about whether to buy prenatals. I have no idea how they'll affect the clomid, if at all :wacko: Sometimes I research stuff so much I end up not doing anything as there's so much conflicting information :wacko:

Hi everyone - this new thread is a fabulous idea :) Thanks for organizing AngelNoelle!

AF got me this morning, so I am moving on to Clomid round #2 - I got my crys out this weekend (LOL) when I felt AF coming, so now I am just looking forward to the next cycle!

Smiler - I see you're going on to Clomid #2 as well! :) What is your dosage this month? I O'd late last month (around CD20), so docor has me up to 100mg this month D2-6. Hope it does the trick!!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Here you all are!!!! :D

Thanks for the invite, unfortunatly my AF has come and gone, starting again now, first time using ovulation sticks, any tips on when the best time of day to test?

xxxx

Glad you found us!!! :flower:

Despite the negative blood test and bfn hpts I took few days back, I have a gut feeling that I am pregnant .. Trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground in case AF gets me .. I usually don't have any PMS . Last time I was preg I tested just to make sure whether I should renew my gym subscription cos I was TTC then .. It was my 2nd month TTC .. This time this is my 12th month TTC .. I was scanning to confirm the follicle size and ovulation and was covering my fertile days .. After repeated BFNs I requested my Obs for a HSG this cycle .. My tubes appeared clear .. 14DPO today .. Will wait 2 more days to see whether AF wud arrive and test .. I have run out of tests .. Hehe

Fingers crossed for you hun!!

I have somehow managed not to test yet... I still have 5 more days until AF is due. So hopefully I can hold out a little longer! Ahh I hate this TWW!!! Love the idea of this group especially because I didn't know you aren't able to see/participate in the same forums once status changes. :) id love to keep all this support!

Glad you came to the new thread :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"