Lovely Ladies TTC

Hi all, no good news to report. Bfn this morning at 13 dpo and got af type cramps. On the other hand, I've still not had any spotting, which normally starts at 10 or 11 dpo for me. Also, my boobs are still killing me. My 6 year old ran to me for a hug yesterday and accidentally punched my boob - I nearly punched her back lol!
So I'm in no man's land really.
If I was pregnant, it would be unusual not to have had a bfn by now wouldn't it? Seeings I know for sure when I ovulated.

Awh sorry Minnie :( The no spotting is a good sign though!! I really LOL'd at the 'nearly punched her back' bit hahaha :/ I wish you all the luck in the world though!! :)

a little girl :pink: !! I'm so happy we were able to find out. She looked great and was moving around like crazy. Then again I did drink lemonade, OJ and ate a lollipop beforehand just to make sure :wacko: I was hoping for a boy but now that I know it's a girl I'm getting more excited! In the 2nd pic if you look right above her forehead you'll see the faint shadow of her foot. She's really bent in there, lol.

Minnie- how are you doing with testing?

Attachments

• 20 week US 1.jpg
    20 week US 1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20 week US 2.jpg
    20 week US 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1
Aww congrats PurpleIvy :) Brilliant photos.

That is a great idea re lemonade etc before scan, I will have to remember that!

Awww huge congratulations PurpleIvy!! Gorgeous scan piccies :) xx

Congratulations Purple! She looks lovely!
You're lucky you got to find out. We 'um'ed and 'ah'ed for ages and finally agreed that yes we'd find out if it was a boy or girl, and once we'd decided, we couldn't wait to know.
And then, she was in the wrong position and they couldn't tell. They also couldn't check the cord so they asked us to come back the week after.
When I got home, I found out that my grandmother had passed away that morning, so finding out if it was a boy or girl seemed less important to me then.
Still, a week later, they still couldn't tell properly. They said they're 70% sure it's a girl, which wasn't very good as it's only 20% more than what I knew - I already knew there was a 50% chance!

Anyways, I'm 99% sure I'm out this cycle. AF was due yesterday and today the usual pre AF spotting finally started. Still tested just in case - BFN.
So to sum up, Mother Nature thought it would be funny to not only not let me get pregnant this month, but to give me a little extra hope by making AF late, then cruelly snatching it away :-(
Ah well, onto next month. Thinking of temping this month, but don't really know how. Can anyone fill me in?

Awh sorry Minnie :(

As for temping, I used fertility friend. I bought a cheap thermometer from ebay and temped as soon as I woke up in the morning (before getting out of bed). You chart it on fertility friend and it gives you an idea of when you ovulate by adding crosshairs.

I think it took 2 cycles for me to be able to understand my data...but that cycle I conceived anyway, but it was clear when I ovulated :)

oh so sorry minnie it can all feel too cruel at times xx

Would def recommend temping. Find a basal body thermometer and,sign up to Fertility Friend. FF has loads of info and lessons to get you started. Basically tho, you take your temp as soon as you wake up. Enter it into FF and it'll draw a chart for you. Hopefu lly you should see a temp rise, which indicates you ovulated. Do you have regular cycles? It won't help ypu know in advance, but with a few cycles under yoyr belt you shd see a pattern and know when your fertile window is x

Generally, yes, very regular, this month excluded!
I get positive opk's pretty much always on cd14. Textbook ovulation I guess. Just not textbook conception :-(
I think I had it in my head that temping would somehow help me see if I'd conceived sooner than a pregnancy test. I'm kidding myself aren't I, lol.

It's helpful to do OPKs and temping together, because the OPKs predict ov and temping confirms it. Sometimes people get caught out because they get a +OPK, think that's it and stop testing. But actually sometimes you can have a false surge followed by another one a couple of days later, by which time you've stopped BDing, and so miss your true ovulation day. Temping should avoid that!

Temping can't really tell you earlier than an HPT. Often people look out for an 'implantation dip' in the middle of the 2WW, but actually you can have a dip and not be pregnant, or you can be pregnant and not have a dip. FF advises to wait until 18 dpo before testing, whereas some people test much earlier than that and get a bfp. However if you get to understand your own pattern, sometimes a chart that looks different to your normal can be a bit of clue, but nothing is definite until you see those two lines :)

Sorry to hear your out Minnie. I agree with the other ladies. BBT, OPK's and FF are very helpful. In my case I had to use them b/c of the PCOS I never knew when I was going to ovulate. I found temping to be stressful at times b/c I was so afraid to see the temp go down but was lucky to only do it two months. I have two beautiful nieces and my SIL had a hard time with the third. She was trying for almost a year before getting pregnant. I don't know why it's harder on some later on but it does happen :)

Hi ladies!
How are you all?
Have we got anyone nearing their due date yet?

I'm still trying. I have a sneaky feeling that this might be my month. I haven't done anything differently and haven't got any symptoms, it's just that after working part time since I came back off maternity leave in summer 2007, I've finally agreed to go back full time. So it would be sod's law that I fall pregnant now and make work look like I planned it like this!!

Hey Minnie :) Good to hear from you!! I really hope you're right and this is it for you xx

All's great here thank you :) We are working on little man's nursery and getting things organised....sooo excited!!

Wont be long til you're doing the same I'm sure ;)

Hope all the other ladies are OK too? xx

Hey ladies, yeah Minnie that would be typical lol, found out last week were having a boy I'm made up, gotta go back this week for another scan they cudnt get all the measurements they needed but they've said not to worry and I get to c my little boy again and get some more pics lol xx

Hey ladies boy-tastic on this thread we're also team blue! Nice to hear from everyone :) FX for you minnie :)

Hi ladies, glad to hear everyone is doing well. I was getting worried b/c I haven't seen any updates. Congrats to all the baby boys out there, my baby girl is going to have her hands full. :wacko: Everyone I know is having a boy, my brother & SIL found out their having a boy too!

Good luck Minnie, I'll be sending you positive vibes!! I've got 13 weeks to go until EDD and it sure is going by fast.

I go for my 28 week appointment next Friday and will have another ultrasound as they found a choroid plexus cyst at my 20 weeks scan. I'm not worried though, it's a single soft marker and has most likely resolved itself. Then I'm looking forward to my baby shower on 5/18 :happydance:

Take care! :hugs:

Nice to hear from you too Purple xx

Congrats again on team pink!! :D Good luck with the next scan too...hope the cyst has shrunk - or better still, completely disappeared xx

Lovvve checking on the updates..glad all is good!!! Hope everyone is feeling good. I am fine here ntnp..but have a weird feeling this month..only time will tell...:))) Keep you all posted!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->