Lovely Ladies TTC

Hey everyone :hi:

Minnie I am really sorry about the sperm count. If memory serves they like it to be around 20 million or something? They never said the exact number (and DH didn't ask) but he was told at one point in our ttc journey he had a low sperm count but would retest him after 3 months. In that time he ate better, took WellMan vitamins and the 2nd test his results were much better. I don't know if any of that info helps :shrug: but you have conceived before so hopefully is not a situation where they think you have zero chance?

Yeah, it should be at least 20 million and his was 8 million. So we're not flogging a dead horse, so to speak, there's still a possibility but they think our best shot will be IVF.
I'm 33 now so whilst I'm not getting any younger, I should have a few good years left!
He's taking vitamins now and has minimised his alcohol intake but the problem is that he works in a hot environment which isn't good for his boys!

So nice to hear from you ladies. I go to the Dr. Tuesday for my annual exam so I'll have them do a test there and ask for a scan. I don't know if they'll give me one that day but I should get one soon.

Minnie you have plenty of time. I'm 38 now and was 36 when I had Megan. Healthcare is much better now so even though I'm a higher risk I should still have a good pregnancy.

I wanted to wait until summer to ttc so we would have a spring baby and Megan would be closer to 3 but I'm happy it happened now. I was worried that it would take awhile too and I don't have that much time.

Good luck Carly I hope the new donor works out!

Thanks Smiler :hugs:
I haven't posted in here for ages just kept checking on a few ladies.

Our son is about to turn 7 months now. I am thinking he must be about one year younger than yours?

That is so sweet of you to check up on other people :)

Oh bless him, that is such a sweet age. Yep, mine is 19 months old today. The changes in the last 6 months are unbelievable. Everyone says enjoy the baby stage because it doesn't last for long, is SO true! xx

It went good. I had my usual annual exam and then she did a few more things that they would be doing at my first prenatal exam. I'm scheduled for a dating ultrasound on 4/8 then my prenatal exam will follow that. She went off my last AF and that would put me at about 7 weeks but I think I'm actually 6 since I ovulate at 3 weeks not the normal 2. She said my uterus was enlarged but couldn't really feel anything so it really is too soon. I'll be about 8-9 weeks at the ultrasound appt so I should be able to see my little bean really good and see the heartbeat. I would have thought the next screening ultrasound is at 12 weeks but she said they would talk to me about that at my next appt. so I don't know what's changed. I'm considered "high risk" due to my age anyways so maybe I'll be screened more often..who knows. Thanks for asking! I'll keep ya posted. :happydance:

Ah brill on the check up and good luck at the scan! Wish you all the best and a h&h 9 :) x

I got my appointment move up to tomorrow! :happydance: I'll let ya know how it goes tomorrow.

Here's my little bean! :cloud9: The ultrasound went great and I was able to see the baby's heartbeat. She dated me 3 days later so I'm 7 weeks on Sat. She said the corpus luteum looked nice and round and that all is well so far. A great thing, b/c I'm over 35, is that I can have the Harmony prenatal blood test at 10 weeks to test for Downs (trisomy 21) and Edwards syndrome (trisommy 18) & Patau syndrome (trisomy 13) along w/the sex of the baby!! So NO Amniocentesis and I'll know the sex about 8 weeks sooner. EDD is 11/14 but I hope the baby comes 11/11, I just like the date.

Attachments

• 7 wks 3.26.15.jpg
    7 wks 3.26.15.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0
Here's my little bean! :cloud9: The ultrasound went great and I was able to see the baby's heartbeat. She dated me 3 days later so I'm 7 weeks on Sat. She said the corpus luteum looked nice and round and that all is well so far. A great thing, b/c I'm over 35, is that I can have the Harmony prenatal blood test at 10 weeks to test for Downs (trisomy 21) and Edwards syndrome (trisommy 18) & Patau syndrome (trisomy 13) along w/the sex of the baby!! So NO Amniocentesis and I'll know the sex about 8 weeks sooner. EDD is 11/14 but I hope the baby comes 11/11, I just like the date.

Ahhhh wonderful news!! :) Great to hear!! Go for 11/12 as that's my birthday!! Haha ;) Very happy for you hun x

Ahhhh wonderful news!! :) Great to hear!! Go for 11/12 as that's my birthday!! Haha ;) Very happy for you hun x

Thank you! I would but that's my brother-in-law & nephews birthday! I'm 11/22 so Nov is very busy for us!

Ah that's great, Purple! So exciting. You got any sickness or anything? I remember all too clearly how crappy I felt for the first 4 months, am dreading going through that again but with a toddler to look after! Hope you're feeling okay x

Thanks! I feel good just like last pregnancy. Some nausea here and there and I get tired around 9:30 but other than that I wouldn't know I was pregnant. That's why it was nice seeing the bubba today because everything was going through my mind.

Hi Ladies, how are you all doing?
Purple, how are you feeling? Not long to go!! Exciting!

I'm unfortunately still just TTC. Got a HyCoSy test tomorrow, so quite nervous about that. Until now, ive just been nervous about the procedure, it didnt occur to me to be nervous about the results!! Have any of you had one of these before, or a HSG?

Keep your fingers crossed for me xx

Also, hubby had his second test results and it was all good.
So, even though we still aren't pregnant and still dont have answers, hopefully we will soon, if just through the process of elimination.
I had bloods done and although everything came back as normal, my prpgesterone was on the low side of normal, so ive started taking chasteberry pills, which will hopefully improve it.

We started this group over three years ago! Never thought then, that I'd still be trying now :-(

Hey :hi:

Minnie so sorry to hear you are still TTC. How did your test go? I don't know what a HyCo Sy test is but I did have the HSG. They told me what they saw whilst they were doing the test so no waiting around for results. Is it the same with a HyCoSy? I really hope you get some answers very soon.

We have had a tough year, FIL passed away from cancer in the summer so the run up to it and of course ever since, has been really hard. DH not in a great place so we are not ttc at the moment. I did stop taking the pill back in January but there just hasn't really been a good time to think about ttc. Now we are thinking maybe after Christmas to start trying again. The good news is that despite having PCOS since coming off the pill my cycles have remained 35-45 days long so fingers crossed it stays that way!!

Hope everyone else is well :) x

I've had pretty much every test under the sun, so feel free to ask me anything. I hope it went well. I'm also sorry to hear that you're still TTC. It can be a long tough road.

Smiler - sorry to hear about your FIL. Great news about your cycle!

AFM, I'm miraculously pregnant. We were going to adopt again but had 2 frozen embryos left that we transferred back in May. After 3 fresh IVF cycles and one frozen cycle I'm now 28 weeks pregnant with a boy. I'm still having a hard time believing it. The pregnancy was hard on me mentally and physically until we hit the 20-week mark. Doing OK now, just very tired :) Due date is mid January.

OMG!! AuCa this is amazing!! I am SO happy for you :hugs: Can totally appreciate the mixed feelings you must have had in the early days considering everything you have been through. Hope you are now managing to enjoy being pregnant x

Hi Ladies,
So nice to hear from you.

Minnie how did your test go? I wish you the best of luck, your other test results are very promising.

Smiler- Sorry to hear about your FIL. I found that after DD my cycles also pretty much stayed on track each month with a 33 day-ish cycle. I had gone off the pill and was trying to track my fertility with symptoms but I obviously didn't track it very well in Feb. Good luck when you do TTC.

AuCu- That's great news, congratulations! Glad your feeling better!

This pregnancy was different from my first but I think a lot has to do with having a toddler running around. I'm due in about 2 weeks!! It's exciting and scary at the same time. I'll be happy to have her here but then I'll have 2 and that is somewhat scary to think about. My DD is doing great and such a great helper so I don't think she's going to give me too much trouble, or so I hope.

Have a great Halloween everyone!!

Oh really, that is very interesting to know re your cycles getting better too PurpleIvy. I've heard it can happen so nice to hear it from a real person :) Wow only 2 weeks to go!! Good luck, I hope it all goes well - let us know! The idea of 2 scares and excites me too and I'm not even pregnant ;) I'm sure in time you'll find your stride and you won't be able to imagine life any other way x

Congrats AuCa, that's fab news.

My HyCoSy (like a HSG) but with ultrasound not xray, showed that my tubes were clear but also showed that I have a polycystic ovary. Doc thinks I am probably ovulating 6 months a year. Progesterone test was 27, so I might have ovulated, I might not have, it's borderline.

He's made it clear that IVF would be my best shot, but is willing to try me on Clomid for 6 months first. So, we'll start that next cycle, unless by some miracle I've caught this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->