Low dropping levels but HB found?

Mrs W - I only just saw that part about your gramps funeral. I skim read as Hunter was waking up from his nap :dohh: My only chance to come on here these days. I am very sorry to hear that :hugs: And I hope your family are coping okay. It's awful losing family, my grandad passed when I was little, but he was very special to me and my mum always said I was his favourite out of all us girls :haha: Big hugs to you!

I honestly found temping really confusing. But when I was temping, Hunter would wake multiple times a night, making my morning temps off. Plus his waking time would always vary. It might make more sense now that he STTN. So if I ever started again, hopefully it will be less confusing. I hope that the temping helps for you and the grapefruit juice (I'd never even heard of that) I might try that when we TTC :flower: Lucky Freya was on her nap though so you and hubby could squeeze in a quick session :haha:

Yep, it's Sunday here now, so I am absolutely dreading going back to work tomorrow. Ugh.. When will the lady you work with be returning from maternity leave? Is there any particular reason they don't really like her?

I also used the Medela Swing, how great are they? Pumping is so much quicker with an electric rather than a manual. They are definitely worth the money. I just wish breastfeeding worked out for us so I got more use out of it. Hunter was born with a tongue and a lip tie, had terrible latch. I saw every lactation consultant I could find and no one could help me get him on properly without him cracking my nipples. It didn't help that I have breast implants so when I was engorged, it was harder for him to go on. Though I tried to express first to soften them but still no good :cry: I am determined to make it work next time, even if I have to just express full time. I lost most of my supply when I got mastitis really badly. And after that I was too tired to put in any more effort. And so very depressed about it all. 15 months is really impressive! I would love to BF that long next time!

I hope you enjoyed your bottle of wine, sounds like a lovely idea! OH and I made sweet and sour chicken, which Hunter wasn't overly fond of, so most of his dinner ended up on the floor :dohh: Then we DTD and went to bed, so not an eventful weekend here :haha: :blush:

Hi Lit! I know what you mean. If it weren't for my personal loan, it might be more manageable for me to work less or have another baby. I still have a good 2.5-3 years before it's paid off. OH has a personal loan which still has a few years left on it too. I am thinking I will have to go back fulltime soon, as we really need to move out of this tiny place but OH wouldn't be able to afford it if I am not working fulltime. A good sized house here is at least $400 a week.

Yeah it is a great career and very rewarding in many ways. I realise there will be a lot of shift work, but I am a bit used to being sleep deprived now that it won't matter :haha: I just want to become a midwife and be around babies all the time!

I understand wanting to get the big stuff out of the way. As that is what we did also. Renting is also an option if it really comes down to it. Though I can also understand feeling a bit weirded out by using a used breast pump! :haha: I am sure they are cleaned well beforehand though. It's great though that family will be helping out with getting some things for you. And baby showers are great! We ended up with loads of clothes, especially bigger sizes thankfully because he grew so fast that newborn clothes would have been useless :haha:

Hopefully you have no issues with BFing though, as it will be very convenient and so much cheaper then formula. Up til now, we were spending up to $50 a week on formula. Very expensive :nope: Luckily we are almost completely on cows milk now. We only have a few scoops left in this tin, and majority of his bottle is cows milk with only 1 scoop of formula. He seems to be transitioning well so that will be one less expense thankfully.

I am glad DH is recovering nicely. Hopefully soon he will find something so it can take a bit of stress off the both of you, even if it's just something in the meantime until he finds something more permanent. What a lovely gesture from your church though.

So I take it you haven't been able to find the courage to tell your work yet?? You would be coming close to 17 weeks now hey? I don't think I told my work til about 16 weeks or so, though I told a select few incase I ran off the desk without any notice.

It's great to hear you are finally feeling better apart from the heartburn (BOY do I remember that) That was the one thing that I HATED about pregnancy, I had heartburn reeeeaaalllyyy badly and then as soon as I had him, it went away instantly. There are some safe products for heartburn. Rennies and Tums are great!

If you do want to breast feed my advice would be to expect it to be hard but do preserve as its so worth it. I wanted to bf and I wanted a natural birth. I ended up with an emergency c section and so I was even more determined to bf and when people suggested I give up I point blank refused no matter how hard it was. Freya had a small mouth so she clamped my nipples (omg the pain.....) and we got thrush BUT once she got to 3 months it got easier and by 6 months we were plain sailing and at 4 feeds a day, morning, mid morning, mid afternoon and bed time. I went back to work at 11 months and by then she was on 2 feeds, first thing in the morning and last thing at night so it was easy to maintain once I was working.

At first they want to feed ALL the time to get your supply up. I'd recommend lansinoh which is a lanolin nipple cream, it really helps with dry cracked nipples. When I was pregnant I told the midwife I was going to try and bf if it worked and she said to me ' well you've got boobs and you're going to have a baby so why wouldn't it work?!' Now it was hard but I remembered her words and I thought well if it was just me and Freya in the world with no formula is have to feed her...l. So I kept going!!

The opk wasn't as dark as the control but I rarely get that, I usually get a faint line that gets slowly darker but rarely as dark as control and then goes. I guess I could be gearing up but it's very early. Never had a line this early before.

And don't stress about the House work!! It will all wait. How many weeks are you now? Are you feeling any movement yet? Feeling baby kick and wriggle round my tummy was hands down the best bit of pregnancy for me. A total miracle. Awwwww I can't wait to do it all again <3

Ooh dette we posted at the same time. I'm just going for dinner now but I will rep,y to you too tomorrow. How weird it's Sunday there!! It's Saturday night here!! My hubbys best friend lives in Sydney (we came over for their wedding in 2011) and they had a baby boy this week, Ethan so we went baby shopping today!!

Thanks Dette, yes it has been hard my gramp passing. I know this sounds weird but when my nan died I was on a huge high in life, it was the week of my wedding and so to tumble from such a high to such a low it felt devastating. As sad as I've been to loose my beloved gramp, I was already so low after my mc, it didn't hit quite so hard. But he will be so so missed and never, ever forgotten. His name was Gerald William George so I'm considering George and William as middle names for any future sons as I love both names!

Yeh temping is ok once you know what to do and how it all works. It's pretty easy really. You just take your temp on a special basil body thermometer once every day at the same time, so 6am for me and you get a temperature rise after you ovulate so once you've had a rise lasting 3 days you know you've ovulated. I just want to know for sure I ovulate so I'm hoping this helps! Grapefruit juice gives you extra cm so I just thought I might as well even though I don't think I'm lacking in it.

I always hate Sunday nights (actually, it's Sunday night here so I guess it's Monday there now?!) even tho I love my job. She's not officially due back until July but she said she was coming back in April. They don't like her because she was very unpredictable, one day happy, the next day very moody and she treated them a bit like children, telling them to be quiet. She was also very strict and her reviews and appraisals were quite negative. She even told me when we handed over that she marked low on purpose and was negative so it gave people room to improve. That doesn't work for me, if someone is doing well I will tell them and I believe positivity motivates people. Anyway I hope your Monday goes ok at work.

Gosh sounds like you had a really hard time bf with all those issues and sad but understandable why you weren't able to continue. I did think about giving up but I was so stubborn I kept going. Don't feel bad though, you did what was best as a mum and that's what we all want to do. I hope it works out next time for you but I agree it can be so so hard. I assumed it would be natural and easy but was shocked how hard it was.

Hope you had a nice weekend xxx

William and George are lovely names! So traditional too. They would be perfect if you have a son in the future. :flower:

Yeah I got the whole idea of it, my temps were just everywhere because of the frequent wakings. I never got a good nights sleep while temping so it was hard to pinpoint a lot of the time. Eventually found that the pattern landed O normally around CD17 and I notice now even without temping normal O symptoms around then too.

Yep now Monday night as I type. Another day done and dusted, thankfully tomorrow off, woo hoo! Oh that does sound fairly awful. I believe in praising people as well. I am an Occupational Health Co-ordinator so I have to work above another girl technically but we get along so well she said she doesn't even consider me as a boss because I am fairly laid back :haha: So at least I know no one will b-tch about me on Maternity Leave :haha:

It was very sad. I really felt like I lost something when I gave up breastfeeding. I tried to regain my supply when Hunter was 4 weeks old and stuck it out til 7 weeks and still couldn't get him to latch on and my supply just wasn't coming back to nearly what it used to be. So I just ended up giving up completely. I was very depressed, it was a rough time. I think next time I will be very stubborn and stick it out no matter what as I know how let down I was last time. It definitely isn't as easy as it looks!

It isn't as easy as it looks and sometimes you make a choice to make sure you can be a better mum. There are times I should have given up probably as the stress was making me so down and I couldn't enjoy my baby. I'm glad I persevered but I totally see why so many mums decide it's best for the whole family not to continue. I hope it works out next time for you.

Argghhhh I'm so confused tonight!! So I've been opking and was getting lines and today they are positive. Dark this morning and positive tonight. I normally ov on cd20 but today is only cd13?! Then this afternoon I had cramps and started bleeding. Wtf?!! My cycle and hormones are completely crazy. I just feel so down because now I'm thinking its just going to take me months and months to get pregnant again. I so badly want to be pregnant now. I hoped my cycle would be more recognisable this time but nope :nope:

Anyway sorry to be on a downer. Enjoy your day off tomorrow. You are fast asleep in bed now haha, Monday night in the uk.

Yeah that is exactly how I felt and when I was pumping, I felt like I never got to see him. It was just such a tedious task. I did feel relief when we finally made to switch to formula but still very hurt and upset. They both have their pros and cons.

Oh, wow that is strange! Maybe still use OPKs til your normal ovulation and see if you get another positive? I do know it's possible for some women to ovulate twice in one cycle. That or maybe your just having a wacky cycle post M/C? I hope either way you managed to sneak in a DTD with hubby.

How are you feeling now? Have you any plans for the weekend?

It's early Saturday morning here, have been up since 4:30am with Hunter (this is his new waking time, yaaayyyy). My sister come down last night from Cairns, which is 4 hours away, to visit. So we will be going to gym together in a few hours. So I am very excited for that! Then we might have dinner later tonight with the rest of the family. OH has Sunday off thankfully, so we may actually get to spend some time together, woo hoo!

I hope you girls are travelling well :flower:

Sounds like you've a lovely weekend planned! Hope you've enjoyed time with your sister. We are having a quiet one at home. Had a Chinese tonight with wine :) (friday night here!) next weekend we go home (2 hours north) to spend time with my family, my mum, sister and 2 nieces, can't wait!

Well after my dark opk I had a big temp dip and the next day a big temp rise and today another big temp rise, so I think I did ovulate. 4-5 days early which is odd. And I've been bleeding for 4 days (none today) so I don't know what going on there, raging homonyms I'd imagine!! I'm glad I ovulated, but I don't think I'll get pregnant after that bleeding. This ttc after a loss is hard!!

Can't believe hunter gets up at 4.30am! Bless him, what time does he go to bed? Does he nap in the day much? I guess he just needs less sleep. Freya usually sleeps about 11 hours at night and has a nap in the day 1-2 hours. I love my sleep but I was lucky with Freya, here's me wanting another baby, I bet my next never sleeps and ill be a wreck haha!

How are you Hun? X

Hello, ladies! Sorry I never manage to get on during the week. I only really get online at lunch, and at that point I just have a few minutes and with how chatty you are I don't have time to properly reply until I have the day off! :haha:

Dette - Good to know that you had the medela swing pump too! It sounds like a winner. Your bfing experience sounds really tough. I do hope it works out better for you next time!

That is too bad you may have to go back to FT soon, but I'm sure it would be worth it to have a bigger/ nicer place for the next little one. Does your hubby have any chance of getting a raise or moving up to a higher position eventually?

That's true...you'll definitely be used to sleep deprivation so perhaps shift work wouldn't be so bad! :haha: That would be really neat to become a midwife!

Baby showers really do sound helpful. :winkwink: Did you have a really big baby shower? Multiple? Just one? I am not sure what to do because I have a fairly large circle of people I would like to invite but they wouldn't all fit in one house...but I'm not exactly going to ask if someone will through me two showers! :haha: But who knows...

That is sooo much to spend on formula! That's definitely another reason I really want to BF! I just hope my baby doesn't have latching problems. As Mrs W said, I'll just have to be really determined to do it even if it's really awful at first. :haha: And if I can't do it, then I guess we'll just make do!

Still zero luck on the job front for DH. I am feeling surprisingly calm about it because we're doing okay...but in a few weeks it's going to get a bit worrisome!

I finally told work this week after my dr's appointment! I am 17 weeks and 2 days now, but I was 16 1/2 weeks when I told them. They were all shocked at how far along I am already, but they're all very excited for me.

Yeah, I definitely am using Tums as needed! It really is a good thing that there are safe treatments for heartburn because otherwise it would be soo rough! I was unfortunately sick this week with fever/chills, sore throat, and nasty cold...so that seemed to trigger my MS coming back and I threw up and felt pretty nauseous again, but now that my sickness is going away, the MS is subsiding again too.

How was your week?

Mrs W - That is good to know that by 11 months you were just at a morning and night feeding. That's what I was wondering...but that would definitely be manageable when I go back to work! It sounds like you had a hard go at BFing at first but seems like persevering really paid off! I hope I can be that determined too! I will definitely have to pick up some of that lanolin nipple cream too!

That is so weird about your confusing OPKs and bleeding at the same time. I feel like MCs really mess the body up much worse than doctors say. I hope your body regulates itself very soon and that next cycle is your BFP!

I am 17 weeks now. I have felt a few twitches/flutters for a few weeks now, but they are so few and far between that I'm starting to doubt them. For the past week I've really been overanalyzing so now I can't tell if I'm feeling anything at all. I just hope I feel something more definitive soon.

Did you have a good week besides the confusing OPKs?

Hey literati!

I remember those first times feeling baby move with Freya! At first I would think I felt something, and then later think I had imagined it because I so wanted to feel her. Then soon after I started to definitely feel her and it is so so exciting!! Later on in pregnancy it's just totally amazing when a foot or hand presses out and you clearly know what it is and see them wriggling around. So special! So I bet that it baby you are feeling and it will get strong and me definite over the next few weeks until you know for sure each time you feel a movement <3

A health visitor I know said to me, for the first 6 weeks, don't plan anything and you will be fine. She said expect to be at home, on the sofa or in bed breast feeding or cuddling a sleeping baby. Her advice was if you expect too much, to be off shopping and visiting people then you might find it hard but if you plan to do nothing except look after baby you'll enjoy it and I thought that was good advice. I did go out and do things but never tried to do too much, I had a c section so couldn't drive for 6 weeks anyway and it forced me to chill out!

I'm glad you've told work, were they all excited for you? Does it feel good now they all know rather than trying to hide it?

Well the bleeding I had lasted about 4 days in total which was really stressful, but I did ovulate, I've been temping and have got my cross hairs from ff and am now 4 dpo which is really good news. I think the bleeding might prevent a pregnancy this month, but at least I know I ovulated and I ovulated on cd 15 where I normally ov on cd 19-21 so it was super early!! So I'm now in the tww!! This bit drives me crazy!

I hope you've had a lovely weekend, we've just had a weekend at home, chilling out, so feeling pretty relaxed! Back to work tomorrow.

I hoe you have a good week xx

Hi Mrs W! - Yeah, I'm really excited to get to that point where I knwo for SURE it is movement! When would you say you felt really definitive movement finally? I am looking forward to later on when you can see them kicking from the outside. That sounds soo cool!

That is probably a good idea not to plan to do anything for about 6 weeks. That's probably a warning I need because I am a "planner" and I tend to take disappointment very poorly when my expectations aren't met. I think it will be a little harder to want to do absolutely nothing since I will be having a summer baby so it will be a bit more disappointing to feel cooped up in the house all the time (especially because we don't have A/C and our house gets to 45 C when it's only 25C outside!). However, as you said, this doesn't mean I won't end up doing ANYTHING...but I won't plan too much or stress about it if I don't get out anywhere. I know my mom is taking 2 weeks of holidays at the end of August to help out so that will be nice.

Yes, everyone at work was really excited for me and it does feel good now just to be able talk about it openly and not have to hide it! It's actually pretty fun. I am sort of glad I waited as long as I did, though.

That is weird about the bleeding. Was it just light spotting, or heavier? I have heard of ovulation bleeding and from what I've read, it doesn't mean you're any less fertile...so you could definitely still have a chance! Sometimes the month where you ovulate at a different time than usual ends up being your lucky month!

I hope you've had a lovely weekend, we've just had a weekend at home, chilling out, so feeling pretty relaxed! Back to work tomorrow.

I'm glad you've had a nice relaxing weekend. We mostly just stayed in as well. It was -50 C with the windchill yesterday so we just stayed indoors and watched TV mostly.

Hope you have a good week as well!

Sounds like you've a lovely weekend planned! Hope you've enjoyed time with your sister. We are having a quiet one at home. Had a Chinese tonight with wine :) (friday night here!) next weekend we go home (2 hours north) to spend time with my family, my mum, sister and 2 nieces, can't wait!

Well after my dark opk I had a big temp dip and the next day a big temp rise and today another big temp rise, so I think I did ovulate. 4-5 days early which is odd. And I've been bleeding for 4 days (none today) so I don't know what going on there, raging homonyms I'd imagine!! I'm glad I ovulated, but I don't think I'll get pregnant after that bleeding. This ttc after a loss is hard!!

Can't believe hunter gets up at 4.30am! Bless him, what time does he go to bed? Does he nap in the day much? I guess he just needs less sleep. Freya usually sleeps about 11 hours at night and has a nap in the day 1-2 hours. I love my sleep but I was lucky with Freya, here's me wanting another baby, I bet my next never sleeps and ill be a wreck haha!

How are you Hun? X

We had a nice weekend, my sister and I managed to go to gym both mornings and we had dinner on the Saturday night while her hubby watched Hunter as my OH was at work for the night. So that was really lovely! Chinese and wine sounds perfect!!! It will be super nice for you to be able to go home for a bit next weekend. I bet you are really looking forward to it, any plans while you're there?

I hear you on the strange cycle!! At least you know you definitely ovulated though, as early as it may have been. I have had a slight ovulation bleed however, is it possible it may have been that? My cycle was a lot shorter, only 25 days, the last 2 have been 29 days. I was really surprised to see AF today. 25 worries me a little bit... :nope: Hopefully it's better next time :shrug:

Anywhere from 6-7pm. It honestly depends on when he wakes up from his last nap. Because he only lasts a max of 3-4 hours each time. Last night I put him to bed at 7:30pm and he slept til 5am :dohh: I wonder if I keep him up til 8 if he will sleep to 5:30am :haha: It never used to be this bad. He used to sleep til around 6am. It's only been the last month or two, but it's really driving me bonkers. My eye has had a constant twitch ever since. He sleeps well during the day, has 1 morning nap and 1 afternoon nap, it's just night that is ridiculous. I think everyone has to have at least ONE hard child, it's only fair on us sleep deprived ones :haha: I just have to hope I have a bub that loves sleep next time, because I am not having a third, never ever!! :haha:

Hello, ladies! Sorry I never manage to get on during the week. I only really get online at lunch, and at that point I just have a few minutes and with how chatty you are I don't have time to properly reply until I have the day off! :haha:

Dette - Good to know that you had the medela swing pump too! It sounds like a winner. Your bfing experience sounds really tough. I do hope it works out better for you next time!

That is too bad you may have to go back to FT soon, but I'm sure it would be worth it to have a bigger/ nicer place for the next little one. Does your hubby have any chance of getting a raise or moving up to a higher position eventually?

That's true...you'll definitely be used to sleep deprivation so perhaps shift work wouldn't be so bad! :haha: That would be really neat to become a midwife!

Baby showers really do sound helpful. :winkwink: Did you have a really big baby shower? Multiple? Just one? I am not sure what to do because I have a fairly large circle of people I would like to invite but they wouldn't all fit in one house...but I'm not exactly going to ask if someone will through me two showers! :haha: But who knows...

That is sooo much to spend on formula! That's definitely another reason I really want to BF! I just hope my baby doesn't have latching problems. As Mrs W said, I'll just have to be really determined to do it even if it's really awful at first. :haha: And if I can't do it, then I guess we'll just make do!

Still zero luck on the job front for DH. I am feeling surprisingly calm about it because we're doing okay...but in a few weeks it's going to get a bit worrisome!

I finally told work this week after my dr's appointment! I am 17 weeks and 2 days now, but I was 16 1/2 weeks when I told them. They were all shocked at how far along I am already, but they're all very excited for me.

Yeah, I definitely am using Tums as needed! It really is a good thing that there are safe treatments for heartburn because otherwise it would be soo rough! I was unfortunately sick this week with fever/chills, sore throat, and nasty cold...so that seemed to trigger my MS coming back and I threw up and felt pretty nauseous again, but now that my sickness is going away, the MS is subsiding again too.

How was your week?

Mrs W - That is good to know that by 11 months you were just at a morning and night feeding. That's what I was wondering...but that would definitely be manageable when I go back to work! It sounds like you had a hard go at BFing at first but seems like persevering really paid off! I hope I can be that determined too! I will definitely have to pick up some of that lanolin nipple cream too!

That is so weird about your confusing OPKs and bleeding at the same time. I feel like MCs really mess the body up much worse than doctors say. I hope your body regulates itself very soon and that next cycle is your BFP!

I am 17 weeks now. I have felt a few twitches/flutters for a few weeks now, but they are so few and far between that I'm starting to doubt them. For the past week I've really been overanalyzing so now I can't tell if I'm feeling anything at all. I just hope I feel something more definitive soon.

Did you have a good week besides the confusing OPKs?

Hi Lit - I know what you mean. My only chance to reply is on days off or when Hunter is sleeping. As you can see on my IG, the little tike is learning to walk so he is getting very cheeky and mischevious!

OH is as high as he can go here in our city. He has the opportunity to move and go to a higher position elsewhere, but I would rather study first and get my nursing degree before moving so finding a job is easier. I am really wanting a bigger place though, so it's a matter of sucking it up and doing what's best for our family I guess. Hunter will be moving up to the Toddler group at daycare soon, so it will also depend on whether they have any FT spots available.

I actually had two baby showers, I don't think that's common and I didn't ask for 2 haha! My coworker at my work organised my first baby shower as a surprise, so it was all the ladies from work. And then my sister organised one with all my family and friends. So it was really helpful! Hopefully you might be able to have 2 seperate showers also!

Yeah, formula is ridiculously expensive over here, especially reflux formula. But if you persevere through the early hard days, you will be laughing by the 2-3 month mark. It's meant to get a lot easier by then :flower:

Aw, well I do hope something comes up soon, it has to!! I am so glad to hear you have told work and you got a positive response, that's really exciting and one less thing for you to worry about now! I bet that was a big relief. :hugs:

Sorry to hear about that nasty bug, it seems everyones immune systems are taking a bit lately. I have had a crappy cold for the last week as well. But can't imagine having M/S on top of it. Hope you are feeling better really soon :flower:

I can't say much has been happening this end. I have been pretty quiet! Had some terrible news though. One of my really good friend's nephew went missing last weekend. Hasn't been seen since early Saturday morning. There have been large searches ever since and still nothing. The only leads they had were his best friend, who ended up committing suicide mid last week. They are suspecting his best friend had something to do with his disappearance. It's very close to home and a terrible time for everyone at the moment. Just can't believe it really, things like this don't really happen here and I feel lost for what I can do for her. I just can't imagine what they are going through :nope: Sorry for the downer ladies, just felt the need to tell someone I guess.. I hope you are all well :hugs:

Hi literati! I had to go back and check my pregnancy journal for when I first felt movement. I fist mentioned feeling squirmy sensations at 16 weeks. Then at 20 weeks I said I was regularly feeling poking from inside. I remember going for my 20 week scan and her asking if I was feeling movement and saying a definite yes so I think it was from 16 weeks getting more definite over 17-18 weeks. Magical!

Yeh I'm a planner as well and none of our friends or family live ear us so we had to plan to an extent to have people visiting to meet the baby. But most people, especially those who have had babies turned up with lunch or snacks and as well as holding baby would out the kettle on or hang the washing out or something while I fed her so people were pretty good. Freya was a summer baby too and we still did stuff like walks with the pram, out for lunch but we kept it all relaxed. It was the Olympics during her first 2 weeks so hubby and I watched most of that!! Was wonderful<3 literally cannot wait to do it all again.

Well I'm not really sure what the definition of spotting is. I thought spotting was literally just a few spots and this bleeding was more than that. It was there on wiping and a couple of times I needed a panty liner (sorry ......tmi!) but it wasn't a flow like an af. I was just worried that my uterine lining wouldn't be thick enough for a baby to implant, but I guess it has quite a few days after ovulation to thicken before implantation and I've had no bleeding since ovulstion so maybe it was ovulation bleeding. Who knows. 10 days left to testing now. Absolutely praying for a bfp.

Hey dette! Yeh a few plans for next weekend while I'm home. Seeing my best friend Friday. Sadly not really looking forward to it... Our daughters are the same age and she is pregnant, was 3 weeks behind me, so I really just want to curl up and hide rather than face her. I'm so devastated still. Anyway, Saturday I will see my dad and then off to my mums with my sister and her 2 daughters and Sunday is my gramps (not the one who passed away recently but the other one) 80th bday we have a lunch. Then home, exhausted I expect!

I'm the opposite to you, I'm thinking that as my little girl is such a good sleeper, my next is bound to be awake all night!! I had a few friends who were up literally every hour or more some nights for a long time with bad sleepers and I don't know how they functioned. I lost my patience sometimes as it was and Freya was pretty good!

She's stroppy now though! Omg, if she doesn't get her own way, she can have a real tantrum!! My mum says she reminds her of me..... No idea what she means :rofl:

We made cakes yesterday and she loved it! I had to laugh when after we baked them I laid them out on her high hair tray to decorate, turned around to get the icing and when I turned back she had a cake and the wrapper half in her mouth!! After tea I gave her a cake and she started daintily eating a bit and putting the cake back down while she chewed. After about 3 mouthfuls she clearly thought screw this and rammed the entire cake into her mouth. I had to laugh!! They are so much fun at this age. I'm totally loving it.

Have you ladies any exciting plans this week or this weekend? Xx

Dette - Yes, it looks like Hunter keeps you very busy these days! I enjoy seeing your IGs during the week so I know what's going on even if I can't check in here!

That's too bad your OH can't move up in his job position where you live. I would never want to move from where we live! Would you take nursing in the evenings and such so you could still work? That would be tough but worth it in the end.

That is neat you had 2 baby showers! I think I might have a chance of my co-workers throwing me a separate shower since my friends/family outside of work don't know anyone I work with! So maybe I'll get lucky like you. ;)

Sorry to hear about that nasty bug, it seems everyones immune systems are taking a bit lately. I have had a crappy cold for the last week as well. But can't imagine having M/S on top of it. Hope you are feeling better really soon :flower:

Yeah, my M/S still hasn't let up this week and it actually got so bad that I vomited at work yesterday. :sick: But today I'm feeling better. I still have good days and bad days so hopefully they start to become more 'good' than bad!

That is absolutely awful about your friend's nephew! I'll be praying they find him ASAP!

Mrs W - Cool! Yeah 16-17 weeks seems pretty typical for first movements. This week I have started consistently feeling movements every day, whereas before I felt the odd flutter and then nothing again for days. Being able to feel it whenever I concentrate has been really nice!

Ooh that is so nice that your visitors were so helpful when they came over! I hope ours are helpful as well. ;) That is cool that you had a summer baby too and were able to go for walks and such. I am SOOO looking forward to walks with my baby! I can't wait til you get your next baby either! You deserve this so much!

Sounds like it was borderline spotting. I am unclear on the exact definition of spotting as well but since it wasn't really a 'flow' sounds like it was mostly spotting. I hope you get your BFP too! Good luck!

The news of my week is DH got a part-time, very bad-paying job so he starts tomorrow. It is good news because at least now we will have *some* income coming in as he continues to look for his 'career' job! But this means my weekend is going to be pretty boring as he'll be working evenings and weekends. Friday night I'll be by myself...and will probably just watch a movie. On Saturday I'm having a friend over that I haven't caught up with since I got pregnant! Should be nice.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Hey Mrs W - That sounds like some pretty nice plans! So I hope you enjoyed your weekend :flower: I hope seeing your friend wasn't too hard for you though. :hugs:

Yeah Hunter used to be a lot like that. He is back to waking 1-2 times a night and getting up at 4:30-5am, so it's been rough the last week. :coffee: I sincerely hope he gets better at this sleeping business soon. :wacko: My friends little girl who is only 3 months old is already sleeping 7pm to 7:30am. I actually cried when she told me, it can be so rough and unfair when you're sleep deprived for so long and everyone elses babies seem to sleep so well. Oh well :nope:

Oh tantrums are awful. Hunter is SUCH a toddler already. Everything he sees is his and if you take it away, all hell breaks loose! :haha:

LOL at Freya eating her cake, how adorable is that!! I gave Hunter a gluten free white chocolate and raspberry biscuit today that had a bit of chocolate on the bottom, you should have seen him go to town on that bad boy :haha:

Any news on your end? Have you tried testing yet or is it too early?

Nothing new here except for another cyclone on its way :dohh: Can't wait til this season is over with!!!

Hi Lit - That he does! He is getting a lot faster on his feet now, it's pretty cute actually! He is very determined and forever on the go until he goes to sleep :haha: I have definitely been having withdrawls from BnB.

Yeah it is hard, there is only a manager position above him and they filled it a few months ago. So unless she goes anywhere in the meantime, then he's the highest he can be here. OH works a lot of night shifts, that is one thing that has been stopping me from studying as I am worried about our shifts clashing... Not really sure what I will do in regards to that, as it's really my dream job :shrug:

I do hope you get 2 showers, that will be super helpful! Sorry to hear your M/S hasn't got any better. My sister had M/S right up til the day she gave birth, so I really hope you don't have that issue!

Still nothing, at all. The police have stopped searching for now until they find new evidence, which there has been none of so far. It has been a tough time for them. :nope:

Glad to hear hubby has got a new job for the meantime, that will be a big relief for you guys!! Hopefully you can really start to enjoy this pregnancy now, it is going so fast!

That is so sweet. What an energetic little boy he is! It's probably a good thing you're waiting for a longer gap between your kids because Hunter will probably take up a lot of your energy for quite a while! :haha:

Ah, yes, that could get tricky with your OH working night shifts and such. I do hope you can figure something out so that you can fulfill your dream. :)

Still nothing, at all. The police have stopped searching for now until they find new evidence, which there has been none of so far. It has been a tough time for them. :nope:

Any news on your friend's nephew yet? So sad.

Thanks...it is going by sort of fast but in a way also sooo slow! I don't get my u/s til April 2nd and I feel like that is an eternity away. I am looking forward to getting to the halfway point. I'm 18 weeks + 5 days today so I'm getting there.

How was your week? Anything new to report? I am feeling a bit more movement now, although some days don't feel much at all still.

Mrs W - Hope you're doing well.

Yes, he definitely is! You would think all this walking business would tire him out but nope :nope: OH let me have a sleep in today. I went to bed 9.30pm Friday night and woke up 7.30am the next morning. Most wonderful sleep I've had in ages! I am really glad we have decided to hold off on TTC for now. Although, more and more pregnancy announcements have been flooding my feed lately :cry: Makes me realise I would have been due this month.

Nothing at all. Without any new evidence, they are at a total loss for what may have happened. The only lead they had was his best friend, who committed suicide a few days after his disappearance, leading them to think he may have had something to do with it as they were out hunting the day before he supposedly went missing and he was the last person to see him. Very crazy stuff and quite sad. It's as bizarre as this missing plane!!!

That sucks that your U/S is so far away, but we are pretty much halfway through March already!! April will be here before we know it :winkwink: Have you started to feel more movement?

Nothing new on this end. Job still sucks, have been feeling pretty depressed lately to be honest. I am tired 24/7 and have a really flat mood 90% of the time. Starting to think I need to go back on some anti depressants, not sure if it's mostly my job getting me down or finances... Probably a mix of both I guess :shrug: It's hard because I barely get out of the house between work and Hunter. OH had this weekend off but he has been using it to his advantage and catching up with a friend who he hasn't seen in a while, which is fair enough... I just feel sad because I never get to do anything anymore and I feel like every time my BFF goes out, I never get invited because I am a 'mummy' :shrug: Oh well, that's my sad vent for tonight. I hope everyone is well :flower:

Dette - Ah, yes, I would have been due this month as well. My would-have-bee due date was March 9th. What was yours? I actually got through the day pretty well but I think being pregnant again had a lot to do with it. That is wonderful your OH let you sleep in on Saturday morning. Sounds like a perfect amount of sleep and I hope it refreshed you. I'm sorry the pregnancy announcements have been making you upset. I know how that feels (and I can imagine there would be a lot because I've had a ton of pregnancy announcements on my fb as well) but I am glad you're feeling ok with not TTC yet.

Wow, that is scary and bizarre. How sad. Let me know if there is any news. :S

Yep, I'm feeling a bit more movement. Some days s/he is less active than others but once in a while I'm feeling stronger kicks which are really cool feeling...and other times it's still the little flutters but I can tell it's the baby. :) It sure is fun and comforting feeling the movements, and I can't wait til they get stronger.

I am sorry to hear you're feeling depressed. I am prone to depression as well so I know how that is. I can imagine that being cooped up at home all the time when you're not at work would be getting you down. It sounds like you really need a break. That isn't fair at all that you never get invited out with your BFF because you're a mom. It sounds like you really need a night out. Perhaps you could start saving a bit of money and pay for a sitter one night if your DH isn't available to watch Hunter? I wish I lived there and could offer to watch him one night! I love a good baby fix! :haha:

I do hope you start feeling a bit happier soon. I do think you should talk to your dr about the antidepressants. Even if you decide not to go on them, it would probably be good for her to know that you're feeling depressed. I hope you get the help you need. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->