Low hCG Success Stories? 14dpo and hCG is only 21.

Bunny- I don't want to give you false hope, but on mine the one dark spot ended up being a baby. I didn't see it for awhile, but it was there. The other dark spot ended up being a subchronic hemorrhage. They occur when implantation occurs, and was told 50 percent of women get them. They also are notorious in causing bleeding (the leading reason women get spotting). If there's no fluid, no cysts in the tube, and there's a few black spots. That's a really really good sign! I'm a premed student. I don't know everything, but I've worked in a lot of hospitals. Doctors are wrong and jump the gun ALL the time. Even if your last pregnany showed at 800 HCG, does not mean this one will. I can tell you, the good OBs won't even do an ultrasound until at least 2000 HCG, because it worries the mother for no reason. Now, I could be completely wrong, but I hope this could give you a little faith. It is teeny tiny in there. A tilted uterus could be the cause. The doctor getting caught in a weird spot. I mean anything. I would assume those spots are gonna be at least one baby, and maybe a hemmorage, and the machine is just not good enough to see it. Have faith honey :)

Marla- Thank you so much for saying that. <3 :hugs: I'm trying to stay hopeful. As long as hCG is continuing to climb correctly, I don't know if I want to stop my meds. My RE wants me to stop them if she doesn't see anything tomorrow since DH and I are heading back to the US on Sunday, but if my hCG is still rising the right way, I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. I think I might tell my RE I want to see what might develop and schedule an OB appt in the US for around 8 weeks. I'm not sure. I guess I'll have more information at my disposal tomorrow.

mirandala- How did things go with requestatest? I may need to have my hCG checked when I get back to the US and I'm not going to be able to get into the OB/Gyn immediately since DH and I are moving to another state as soon as we get back. Would you recommend using requestatest?

Bunny- I think that's totally reasonable. The only thing that would be scary is a chance of ectopic pregnancy. Even though it's a good sign when nothing is seen in the tube on ultrasound. It also I rare to see anything, even if there was something. The caveat to that is that if there was bleeding, and it was ectopic, then there should be an indication of free fluid somewhere. So. I would give that a little thought, but honestly I wouldn't weigh my decision entirely on that. Especially without pain. The bleeding with increase in HCG is such a good sign. I just know it's most likely gonna be okay!!!!!! I'm sending positive thoughts your way :)

I like your plan to see what happens and get a us at 8w in the US. If it were to be ectopic I think you would have much more bleeding and pain. If that were to happen obviously go straight to the ER. I have had spotting bleeding a few times through out with mild cramping and baby is fine. I think it was from progesterone suppositories irritating things.

I'm still praying all is well for you!

Marla- Yeah, no pain or anything. Feeling totally fine- a little nausea, sore bb's, fatigue, and constipation (not fun!), but that's about it. No pain in my uterus or ovaries. Hopefully we'll just see something tomorrow and the worry will be over. I wouldn't think the chance of ectopic is very high. We had an ultrasound guided transfer and I could see on the ultrasound exactly where the doctor put the embryos- though I guess the embryos can migrate elsewhere 1% of the time? Do you know if ectopic has much in the way of symptoms? Doctor doesn't seem worried about ectopic, she thinks the embryo is intrauterine but probably isn't growing correctly.

I've had spotting since Friday, and had some light cramps then, but no cramps at all in a couple days. Just spotting pink/red when I wipe. Same happened last pregnancy. I had spotting from about 20dpo until I miscarried at 9-10 weeks, but in that pregnancy, we'd seen something on the u/s by now, even though hCG was lower. (I don't think the miscarriage was due to the spotting though. I'm guessing maybe I'm just a bleeder when I'm pregnant. (???) )

Buny- requestatest was GREAT! I completely recommend it. I ordered it online and within an hour was at the lab having my beta drawn, and less than 24 hours later I had an email saying my results were ready. I went into the website and downloaded them and it was just that easy! It was super cheap and just really great. It was actually through the same lab my doctor's office uses so I knew there would be consistency there too. It was only $39 too which is so much cheaper than directly through my doc's office.
Keep us updated on how it goes tomorrow buny. <3 fx'd for you.

Bunny- You can have a chance of ectopic pregnancy with IVF, but I don't think it's very high. It's one of those things that CAN happen. My facts may be a little off but in like 60 percent of women, if not more, hcg doesn't double. So, most times it presents weird in BETA testing, but not always. A lot of women get shoulder pain, or one sided pain. I've had it, and had nothing but spotting. Spotting is a sign, but usually after spotting the tube is expanded, and you could see fluid. So you SHOULD be able to see it. Mmmm also it just wouldn't really make sense that they're not considering ectopic, but not finding an intrauterine pregnancy. The sac just doesn't not show up. There could be no yolk sac, or fetal pole, no embryo. But not just no empty sac whatsoever. They can grow with or without an embryo. What I'm trying to say is, I think the doctor is worrying you for nothing, I really do. Of there's no sac whatsoever I would talk to her about that, because unless it's ectopic I'm almost positive there should at least be an empty sac. Which means you would just be too early to see anything. Or it could be twins.

Marla- So since I had spotting since Friday, it should have been visible on ultrasound on Monday if it was in my tubes, yeah? Maybe that's why she isn't worried? I could see my tubes on the u/s and they're definitely still all small and narrow. Spotting also started this pregnancy exactly the same time is started last pregnancy, though it is heavier this time.

I think DH and I are hoping that it's twins that implanted late. I had a Decapeptyl trigger, which is known to cause lining issues, so I guess that could lead to late implantation? That would explain not seeing anything when hCG = 1811. From the information I've found, 80% of pregnancies can be seen on ultrasound when the hCG per gestation >1500, and 91% can be seen when hCG per gestation is >2000. If we have two in there, 1800 would only be around 900 each on Monday, but should be up to 1500 each tomorrow, and surely over 2500 each by Saturday.

I just hope we see something tomorrow so I can stop going over all the possible scenarios in my head!

Thanks, mirandala! That is such an easy way to do things. I am bookmarking them now. How did you find requestatest?

Bunny: HCG really can only be looked at in terms of its ratio every two days to prove a viable pregnancy. Everyone's HCG is very different. The reason they say that at 1500+ HCG you should see the sac is because most women are around 4 1/2 to 5 weeks in that range during that range, Not every woman is the same. I couldn't see mine until after 4,000 and it turned out I just implanted and ovulated late, and had high HCG. So if it's twins, that would make a lot of sense! I bet what the doctor is thinking is when the bleeding started you miscarried, and she's waiting for the numbers to drop. Because if there's no proof of intrauterine pregnancy, but numbers are doubling it means only one of two things. It's two early, or it's ectopic. Unless there's something rare I haven't learned about, but I don't think so haha. So she's just off base. Idk why, but it irritates me that she kinda scared you like that! I mean. There should be an empty sac if it's not ectopic. I just know it lol. I've actually been researching it today, because I'm really curious as to why she told you that!!

Oh! And in regards to what you should see on the ultrasound. That's hard to say. I would think with that many days of bleeding it would of had to rupture. That's not for sure, but like anything else in medicine. It's UNLIKELY to bleed for 4-5 days and your tube not have ruptured!

I bet you'll see something. If you don't. Ask about ectopic, check HCG, and wait a week. If it's not ectopic. At least wait until an empty sac is visible!! Friggin doctors. So rushy.

Thanks, lady. I really appreciate it.

She told me that sometimes the placenta starts to grow, but nothing else does and that's when hCG rises but you never find anything on ultrasound. At least, that seemed to be what she was saying? She did say there is still a chance that there could be a normal pregnancy, so I think that is why I'm still on meds right now. There's a little bit of a language barrier sometimes. I had bleeding all through my last pregnancy, so she said she thinks that's just how my body responds to pregnancy hormones. :shrug: It's all kinds of confusing, and I can never get a straight answer out of her about anything. Luckily, if this cycle doesn't work, DH just got a new job in NYC that provides $30,000 (lifetime) of IVF insurance, so we'll be able to stay local for the next round.

Hello ladies my bhcg last Friday were 351 up from 150 Wednesday. Today went to my OBGyn and he did an ultrasound only saw a black spot and the corpus lutetium cyst my hug today if doubling correctly should be around 1400 but my Dr didn't give me much hope just to return in 2 weeks. Im hoping for the best and very afraid if the worst happens. :-(

Bunny- I really think this is a language barrier, because from what I know she is telling you things that are not exactly accurate. It may just be a bad understanding of it. I guess you will see tomorrow, and it will be better to have some resolution. Seeing a doctor in the states will be a good idea!!! Haha

Liz- how long in-between tests?

Bunny- I really think this is a language barrier, because from what I know she is telling you things that are not exactly accurate. It may just be a bad understanding of it. I guess you will see tomorrow, and it will be better to have some resolution. Seeing a doctor in the states will be a good idea!!! Haha

Liz- how long in-between tests?

48 hours!

Marla- I think what she was saying is that the progesterone I'm taking is making it so my lining can't shed, so it the pregnancy isn't developing right, it can still remain there producing hCG because my body literally cannot get rid of it. I'm not sure how it all works, but I think that usually if hCG is too low for where it is supposed to be that the body naturally has a chemical pregnancy since the corpus luteum dies and stops producing progesterone. Since I'm supplementing with 900mg a day of progesterone, my body can't eject the pregnancy even if it is supposed to. I think that's what she meant by sometimes hCG rises (in IVF pregnancies) without a gestational sac ever forming. I don't think that it can happen in non-IVF pregnancies. At least, that seems to be the gist of it. (???) And, yes, I am so happy we're going to be able to see a doctor in the US. We never would have done IVF overseas had we been able to afford US IVF- and now we can!

Liz- 1400 Really can be WAY to early to see anything. There's so many barriers. On the up sign. A corpus luteum cyst is SUCH a good sign!!! Seriously. It's the thing that produces the progesterone during the pregnancy. I really think that it's okay. Just too early to see anything. I would call back, and try to get an appointment in a week! A week is long enough. Just explain that you're scared :) Hope that helps!

Liz- 1400 Really can be WAY to early to see anything. There's so many barriers. On the up sign. A corpus luteum cyst is SUCH a good sign!!! Seriously. It's the thing that produces the progesterone during the pregnancy. I really think that it's okay. Just too early to see anything. I would call back, and try to get an appointment in a week! A week is long enough. Just explain that you're scared :) Hope that helps!

Thank you uh so much hopefulMarla!! Made me feel better God bless you! I'll be praying for all of us!,,

I just had my yesterday levels back!

15 dpo 4/20 = 16
17 dpo 4/23 = 26
18 dpo 4/24 = 36
19 dpo 4/25 = 67
22 dpo 4/28 = 384
(this was a weekend so they tested fri and mon, hence the 3 day gap)

So that's a very healthy rise- with a double in 28 hrs. I don't really know what to think- the numbers are still very low, but have gone from doubling every 68 or so hrs to every 28 hrs. Maybe I was just slow to start? They will do the ultrasound at 1500, which at this rate could be early next week.
I haven't heard of numbers starting so low and slowly and then speeding up so quickly- has anyone else? Often people say if the numbers are rising like that it could be multiples, but they are still so low and that seems unlikely. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->