LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

LOL....I do hope we can have some good make up sex to :haha:. I think I was just feeling a bit taken for granted. Maybe after a good dose of Robert Downey Junior gorgeousness (seeing Iron Man 2 with my girlfriends after work this evening) I'll feel better :winkwink:

Next to my DH, my Mom is my biggest supporter in this ttc struggle, because she knows just where I'm at right now. 2 of my closest friends also had ttc problems....one of them recently had a baby :). The other one tragically lost twins at 32 weeks last year. I had a looooong talk with the one who lost the twins on Sunday, and it was so refreshing speaking with someone who knows exactly what I'm going through. She is such a wondeful woman, and I am sooo praying for God to bless her again. I'm looking forward to seeing them later in the year, God willing (they both live in the States).

Thanks Jaimie :hugs: ....and sending a shout-out to the other ladies. Titi, Whit, Reba...where are you???

:hug:

:wave:
I'm also lucky to have been able to tell my mom. All this time TTC and I just now told her last month! :haha:
How are you this morning?

Hi Girls-sorry for M.I.A.......this week is brutal with work.......13 hour days......and most of it at a computer so my carpel tunnel is acting up.

Nothing much new with me, cd 8 with ewcm, two consecutive "possibly fertiles" on the fertility monitor but holding out I think for cd 12 (when I think I will OV). I am trying something BRAND new this cycle and just on a whim, going for quality vs. quanity MORNING sex. Hope that the morning will put DH's little ones at their best (he is usually way too tired for this normally) and hoping "quality" is what was lacking as BD for us has become a bit of a chore lately.

Whit-This may not be the healthiest but I put some chocolate ice cream, milk and maca powder in the blender last week and it was delicious....

otherwise I usually use either chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder, a little soymilk, maca and maybe a banana and some ice.

Both of those sound awesome.. Cant really do the ice cream though I'm on a calorie budget lol
I think next week when I go grocery shopping I will have to pick up some of that Jillian Micheals protein mix.. its pretty good.

I hope your plan works! I have heard it is better. FXed! :)

Well we will see how this plan works. It cant hurt its not like our regular BD-Athon is getting us anywhere.

It's REALLY hard waiting tho-for fear of missing eggy. I'm on cd 9 and on my third day of EWCM & "possible" on fertility monitor-normally we start as soon as the EWCM shows up.

Funny thing is-so far it is my best batch of it ever (sorry TMI) but now I bet that all that sex must kind of dry up the cm. I hope I can build it up-lol. Plus the longer I go without sex the better it is when we have it. Normally we take a break around cd1-7 and then our most exciting bd is cd8ish and then I'm wore out by the time peak fertility rolls around........I really hope "saving" the good sex & cm will be the magic trick. I guess b/c there is only a 20%ish chance of getting pregnant each cycle might have to try this one 4 months in a row to see if it works or not.

BTW-how long does it take those spermies to get into the tube & wait for the eggy? If I only gave it one go is it best to DTD on ov day or day before?

Gosh, I wish I could say something really wise, but all I can do is wish you luck, Titi. Your plan does sound good and I pray it's the charm for you :hugs:

Lol @ calorie budget, Whit. Don't I just know the feeling :).

As for me, things still off with DH and me. That girls night out yesterday just made everything worse. Ah well, this cycle's gone for sure.

sorry things aren't roses with DH right now Isi! : (

Hi girls

Titi, Im with you on the quality v quantity - i dont know what day would be best. Ive been thinking the same thing. I think Ov day would be only cos the egg can live for 12-36hrs after Ov anyway so Im gonna try Ov day and day after and thats it - the other bedding sessions will be just for fun... and i will leave it for 3 days before Ov also - too build up DH's reserve!!!

Im CD 5 at the mo - just finishing off with AF - prob another day of spotting and then Im ready..... DH is sexually starved these days cos I started spotting very early this period (CD24 for 7 days then period for 6 days so 13 days total - poor DH is gasping).... :haha:

So im not goona think too much about the :sex: and just go with the flow for a few days. I was reading a website and they said the best position for conception is basically standing on your head so your vaginal canal is straight - doggy, missionary and on top are all no no's - so I need to figure out a plan on how Im gonna manage a handstand during sex!!!! Any ideas?

Titi on Sizing up Sperm they said it takes about 14 hours for :spermy: to get to tubes.

Titi, I just heard it's much better to BD about 2 days before o, because if you leave it too close, by the time the :spermy: get there, the egg would be gone. But there are so many theories to this thing. Whatever the case, I just wish you loads of luck babes!

Good luck to you too, Reba!

As for me, I guess I'm out this cycle. I could literally feel my egg rolling down my tube late last night/early this morning.....but alas, my DH and I are still in a rough spot, so there has been no BD. Ah well, roll on next cycle :shrug:

Hey Whit...are you testing tomorrow?

Hey girlies!! Hope you are all well! Ive had a stressful couple of days. Was cramping yesterday. But nothing today! If af doesnt show in the morning I will use my FRER!

Hi all!
Thanks for the bd tips! I will plan than the day before ov-if possible.

Handstand? Oh no_I already did the post bd handstand and then read that was bad b/c the spermies can overshoot the cervix. geez all this conflicting stuff!

Well I have to keep this short-miss you all but have had the roughest longest workweek ever and dh and I still have a 8-10 hour shift tomorrow.

Isi-sorry about this cycle hun. I love your new avatar tho!!!!

Thanks Titi :hugs:. And OMG, your avatar is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!!!! Makes me crave a beach wedding all the more!! Totally beautiful!

Well, my good news is that my DH and I made up on Friday and were able to get a lot of nice make-up BD over the weekend :winkwink:. Not sure if we were in time to catch the eggy, but I'm just so happy things are back to normal. So....I guess I'm back in the 2ww. I will try not to symptom spot this time :haha:

You o very soon, right Titi? How's the plan coming along?

awwww thanks Isi-you could renew your vows at the beach! Are you mainland or near the coast? So happy you made up. Maybe that will do the trick, make up sex is way better than BD sex, right!

Well, not to get too longwinded in this post-but not really sure about OV. Based on chart it appears I OV'd yesterday-however my brand new fertility monitor is pinpointing OV for cd15. Based on the fact that my bb's are sore, my ewcm has turned to creamy, my temp has gone up, and I had a +opk on cd11 I am assuming that I have unfortunately wasted a great deal of money on the ovacue.

But, as I mentioned in my Ovacue thread, I have been assuming I ov on cd12 for 18 unsuccessful cycles so maybe there is something VERY strange about my cycle that goes completely against nature making me miss my ov!

At any rate looks like we will be in the 2ww together!

I hope you do catch that eggy this time, Titi! It's such a task trying to identify when exactly we o! I don't even know for sure.....I started having twinges from last Thursday....and can you believe it, I'm still having them....so who knows when the little egg chose to drop. I pray 18th time is the charm for us both :hugs:

I'm coastal....I live in Lagos. I definitely am considering a vow renewal ceremony on the beach for sure!!!

Good luck hun :hugs:

Hey girls,
Reba, everything I've heard/read tells me that missionary, flat on your front and doggy are the best way to go - if you have a high, soft and open cervix, as you do around ov, it's the easiest way to have it delivered straight into the uterus. I def agree with you that woman on top would be not ideal - but sex position has never been the way to avoid pregnancy and if you think about it the one thing our bodies are designed to do easily is procreate. I'm sticking with missionary and doggy - there's a lovely mental picture for you all!

As for quantity/quality I'm hoping the quality wins out this cycle. I'm on cd17 and I've had ewcm for a few days; after having cystitis on tues/wed and not wanting to try the first couple of days of ewcm we tried on fri night - wasn't working for OH - and he was too tired sat night - so I just kept my fingers crossed my temp wouldn't rise and we tried last night (doggy, Reba) and will be going for it again tonight. Ov will be today or tomorrow, so maybe 3 nights in a row will be our lot.

Titi, you're right - it sounds like your ovacue's a dud - I'd trust the temps/ewcm/cp etc.

Abi x

I agree with abi on the sexual positions. Although maybe telling dh we get to try it my standing on my head would help get another round of bd in!

Hi Ladies!

I missed you all while I was away in Salt Lake City – had a great time though and my friend’s wedding was really sweet.

Titi – I love your new plan of BD attack : ) On Sizing up Sperm they said the quality of BD is very important, and I’ve read that sperm is higher quality first thing in the morning. The day before ov is best, most definitely. Take it easy on your wrists – carpel tunnel sucks! Your new pic is AMAZING. I’ll bet you and Isi have modeling agency employees stopping you on the streets! I’m bummed you feel like your ovacue let you down. Looks like you ov’d on CD12 to me. You got some BD in so I think you are covered! I am convinced you have a good grasp on when you ov every cycle, because I am also convinced that I know when I ov every cycle ; ) For some reason we just haven’t hit the jackpot yet, but it isn’t for lack of good BD timing!

Aw Isi – I lol’d when you said you could feel your egg rolling down your tube! I really love your avatar too – what a gorgeous pic! Yea for make up BDing!!

Abster – hilarious comment on the mental picture! Glad you also wrote (doggy) for Reba, just to be clear. Definitely roflmao!

If I tried to tell my DH we had to DTD while I was standing on my head he would put me in an institution. I’m sure of it!

WhitBit! I don’t like what your countdown ticker says - but I love futterwacken – whatever that is! Aw, I just checked your chart :hugs:. Let us know how you are feeling whenever you are up for it, ok?

I had a big temp drop this morning and it seriously bummed me out. I was getting a little psyched too because I had what might be an implantation dip on DPO 7 – but with the travelling my temps might just be wacky. That ID made me think of you Titi because you said you got a few of those when you were temping that just got your hopes up. So I am trying not to get too silly about mine. The temp drop this morning definitely didn’t help…

Overall I’ve been much more laid back this cycle and it is definitely thanks to you ladies! I appreciate all the LTTTC support, it rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->