LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Hi ladies,
Sorry I'm last to add the DD. Mine is Nov. 27th (the same as you Berki).

I've been having so much bloating, I wonder how much of that is due to progesterone? My first scan is at the end of next week.

Glad to hear everyone's scans are going well.

Klein that's fantastic news .... hurrah for mini-klein :D

Sienna - I've added you on, but you're not the last - don't think I have an actual DD for yellowbell!
I stopped my progesterone on Sunday - and am sooooo glad. I absolutley hated the smell it gave me around the nether regions! and how cruel to have that odd smell at the same time as having heightened senses :sick:

Ladies!!!
Hubby and I saw our baby's heartbeat today and we're so happy!!! :yipee:
I want to hug EVERYONE! :hugs:
We saw everything - fetal pole, yolk sac and heartbeat. It turned out that last week I was only 5 weeks that's why we only saw a sac. So now that there's a measurement of our baby, we know now that I am only 6wks+3.
And now I can say our EDD: 17 Nov 2012 which is also exactly my birthday! How cool is that! :winkwink:

fantastic news yellowbell!! proves that no symptoms is normal! and what an amazing DD! mine is 6 days after my 40th bday, but I wonder if I will be early.

So happy for all the good ultasounds yesterday and today! I can't wait until mine - April 9th seems soo farrrr!!!

Speaking of special due dates - my little brother is 11 years younger than me. My mom had a surprise pregnancy when she was 38 (she was 19 when she had my oldest brother). So he really is a miracle baby, and the light of my life. He's more like a son to me than a brother and it was very special for me that I got my positive beta result on his birthday, with a due date of my mom's birthday :)

Sarah, it's possible that your baby would decide to have the same birthday as yours! :)

Dis, just a few more days til your next scan. Then you'd be almost done with 1st tri by then, right? It's sweet that your little brother's birthday was your positive beta day, now that date is doubly special for you ;)

sarah - sorry to hear about the incident with the dogs and glad things weren't much worse and baby is ok

urch - I got to stop progesterone after sunday too! :happydance: I was still on the shots so my bum is very very happy. Now I just need to get them to let me stop the abdominal shot for the ohss :growlmad:

dis - I was told not to bd due to the ohss but I've had no real urge to anyway. I'm hoping to try once we get cleared and into the 2nd tri. I'm high risk though so I don't know when/if I will ever bd again... the horror! :argh:

Great to hear so many positive scan results and that there are so many cool due dates. My mom had my brother on her birthday. The only way mine will get here on a cool date would be if they were really early and I definitely don't want to wish for that so I'm resigned to a new day to celebrate. Maybe they will come on either side of midnight and have their own days?? Not likely but would be cool :cake:

AFM - Yesterday's 12 week scan went well and I 'graduated' from the RE. I only teared up a little bit when my RE and I were saying our goodbyes. DH said the RE did too :cry:

Both babies were very active and measuring on track with heart rates of 171 and 176 respectively. They couldn't get a good pic of them together so there are some separate pics in my journal.

I gave my mom and aunt permission to tell now. It's been killing them though I am proud they were able to keep the secret so long. Especially since another aunt called to announce my cousin's wife being pregnant and due in October last week. I'm going to announce to friends starting this week but won't make it public for a few more weeks I think. I may not mention it is twins to some yet since I will see some of them at a party in early May. I have a 'coming soon' tshirt with two sets of footprints on it that I think I might wear to announce it to them that way. :baby::baby:

So happy to hear so much good news!!! :happydance: I have another week to go, next Tuesday is my 12 week scan. All of this waiting is a full time job!

Sarah, it's possible that your baby would decide to have the same birthday as yours! :)

Dis, just a few more days til your next scan. Then you'd be almost done with 1st tri by then, right? It's sweet that your little brother's birthday was your positive beta day, now that date is doubly special for you ;)

I'll be 12w5days at my scan, so I will consider myself out of first tri and announce then.... fingers crossed everything goes as planned. Still so nervous.

Im taking 2nd tri as 13.3 weeks, which is next monday for me! thats 40 weeks divided by 3. I havent told many people at all, I will slowly tell friends as I see them. probably wont announce on FB until I have my 20 week scan photo. I guess Im still so cautious and dont believe its actually happened!

Dis3tnd arent those dates so special!

My dad died 10 years ago and I was a real daddies girl. Hubby and I got married 3 years later on his birthday, Jan 3. Well when I got my BFP in January I went online to check DD, and it asked for 1st day of last period....well mine was Jan 3, 2012. I couldnt believe it was his birthday/our anniversary when my successful cycle started! I hadnt realized it on the day, but we didnt go out for anniv. dinner as I had a period migraine. I also had heard his funeral song a few days before my cycle started, hadnt heard it in years. I love wierd things like that!

Aww your story gave me goosebumps Sarah! Love when things happen like that!

My transfer got pushed from fresh to frozen cause of OHSS. Then when it came time for the FET, the date that my RE gave us for the transfer was while we'd be away for my birthday, so I asked them if we could shift everything a few days, and so that's how I ended up with a BFP on my baby brothers birthday, without actually thinking of it.

Hey girls,
So sorry I haven't had a chance today to read and catch up on everyone. I have a small prob.
Nurse called and progesterone dropped again...I've been doing the suppositories 3x per day. It went from 33 then the next week a 28 then the next week a 21 now this week 18. I have to start the hip injections tomorrow to do along WITH the 3x supp. daily. Has anyone ever heard of the injections not working??? I havent even had time to google it and I'm sort of spazing out as usual! They said they want my levels at around a 30, since I have had 2 losses. UGH, If anyone knows TIA!!!

Klein, I am on 3 suppositories and injections too. That worked great for me. I am now only taking them every 3 days instead of every day. The injections are supposed to work much better than the suppositories or pills. They can be a pain, but well worth it. : )

I am laying in bed right now typing on my phone. I don't feel as sick right now. Sometimes I think not eating can help and sometimes I get worse when I don't eat, lol. Oh well. I would rather be so sick I can't move than not be pregnant.

Klein, I am on 3 suppositories and injections too. That worked great for me. I am now only taking them every 3 days instead of every day. The injections are supposed to work much better than the suppositories or pills. They can be a pain, but well worth it. : )

I am laying in bed right now typing on my phone. I don't feel as sick right now. Sometimes I think not eating can help and sometimes I get worse when I don't eat, lol. Oh well. I would rather be so sick I can't move than not be pregnant.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Did you start out doing them all daily?
I'm in bed on my phone as well lol!!! Feeling a bit green, but like you said, glad to be feeling that way :)

I may not be on as much in the next few days. Short beach trip is underway. I'll be reading up on you girls though!!

Fantastic news Yellowbell! That must be such a relief :hugs:
Those very early scans are nothing but trouble (though I know you didn't know it was quite so early!) But at 5 weeks there really is nothing to see and all it does is worry people.
Now you've seen a heartbeat everything is so much more positive - do you have your next scan date booked in?

My DD is 5 days before my 43rd birthday - which sounds ancient ... wouldn't be surprised if the National Trust didn't come and slap a preservation order on me!

Dis - I'm loving your special date story :D

Mrs Bear - it is soooo good not to have to take those things any more isn't it? I just hated the smell of them - used to make me gag. I never had to have the injections though ... which is lucky for me.
Still, all worth it to keep Eenie securely in place til I could make enough hormones of my own :thumbup:

Klein - I only had pessaries, but if they think the injections will get your levels up, go for it - nothing to lose (unless you count a sore arse!) and everything to gain!
When do you start and when will they retest you?

Teta - you do get used to an awful lot of waiting in the this game! Having said that, now I have had my 12 week scan I have finally settled down a bit. For the first time I can feel myself just enjoying the pregnancy and not wishing it away.

I have officially declared myself 2nd tri too - I'm happy enough to scoop the extra week or so into the middle stage ANYTHING to leave first tri behind!

AFM - I'm up at stupid o'clock again - really this insomnia is ridiculous :(
Got a full day of interviews at work today, so no chance to find a simple job to occupy myself with, it's gonna be full-on all day.

Good news is I got a message from my s-i-l about booking a mums-to-be spa break for us and my mum ... doesn't that sound lovely? Obviously no sauna for me - but they have warm rooms as well as hot ones and they do a load of yummy treatments that are suitable for preggos :D
can't wait!

wow, klein, a beach trip, fabulous! Been longing for one myself but apparently I don't think I'd get any soon.

Congratulations to those in the 2nd trimester now. That's a great milestone!

Urch, yeah, it's such a great relief to finally see our little one and his/her flickering heartbeat indeed. I agree, too early scans can be really quite a worry although it does at least remove the worry of an ectopic and it does at least make you believe more that you are pregnant.
Yesterday they've booked me (to my surprise) with all my appointments for the first trimester: appt at my 9th week, my 15th week and even for down syndrome testing.
Has anyone of you done the down syndrome testing?

sooo much to catch up on!! Will have to read back later today!! :)

Thanks so much for letting me know. Did you start out doing them all daily?
I'm in bed on my phone as well lol!!! Feeling a bit green, but like you said, glad to be feeling that way :)

I may not be on as much in the next few days. Short beach trip is underway. I'll be reading up on you girls though!!

Yes, I took them every day since ER. I am weaning down until 12 weeks then I stop. Have fun at the beach!

Urch, that sounds fantastic! I had a full body prenatal massage the day before ET and it was bliss!

Yellowbell, no screening for me. There are lots of false positives and I didn't want to worry for nothing. Plus, I would never do a amnio, so I figured why bother. Lots of women do the screening though. I just wish I had the scan from it.

ETA: Is anybody else obsessed with looking at the bump pics? LOL. I am. I can't wait to see what my bump will look like and I look at pics wondering if mine will look like this bump or that one. I am way too chicken to post my own pics.

Sarah - great story, I got goosebumps too!

Klein - I think the shots are supposed to be better. I certainly didn't enjoy them but if that is what it takes it is worth the bit of pain. Make sure to warm it in your hand a bit first and then massage it into the muscle after to help avoid getting knots from it.

Urch - they would have let me switch to vaginal but I tried it a couple days and felt like it was making me cramp so I switched back. Better safe than sorry.

Yellow - I haven't tested any yet. I guess I'll let them do the blood screens but I'm not risking amnio, no matter how low they say the risk of miscarriage is. I start with Ob/G next week and I'm sure they will want me to but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->