LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Dis - congrats on a boy! So funny they mixed it up at first!

I thought you ladies with bad MS might appreciate what i just read in my book. It says there are fewer mc & perinatal deaths with pregnancies involving MS. Studies show MS stimulates early placental growth. Doesn't help me as i have had no MS but i thought it was interesting.

Yaaay Dis! Congratulations on your little boy! :blue: I will add him to the front page :D
Good job your sonographer got that second look

Klein - I think you're right with the plain bedding - under sea themes are lovely. We did one for my niece when she was little - we did mainly sea but some sky for the top 1/4 (kinda like you were looking through a slice of sea/sky) ... so we could do some birds too.

Marie - I hope you're right; there needs to be some evolutionary benefit of hurling your guts up :rofl:

AFM not much going on - 21 weeks and it is feeling so fast now ... can't believe how much I have still to do on the house!

Dis - Congrats on team blue! :blue:

Klein - a friend did plain bedding and a sea theme for her nursery last year and it was really cute. She loved not being tied down by any specific bedding and being able to add little touches here and there.

Urch - definitely going fast, its already banana week!

Care - you might look into compression stockings. They aren't the most glamorous but should help circulation and the swelling. I had some with the ohss and it helped so I put them on if I'm seeing swelling.

Hi ladies!! I was hoping there was a thread for LTTTCers! I am having a hard time relating to other ladies who got their BFP after just a couple months of trying or less! I was hoping to find some familiar faces from LTTTC, and here you are!

I'm pregnant with my first, we tried for 21 months before our BFP, i know thats not too long in the grand scheme of things, but it was rollercoaster ride thats for sure!

I'm trying to appreciate every second, even the ms, but i can't help worry all the time!

Mrs. Bear, your due on my birthday :)

Hope everyone is doing well, and I'm excited to get to know everyone!

Welcome Janers! :hi: Congrats on your bfp and a Christmas baby :xmas9:!

I doubt I will make it to your birthday with twins but I think Urchin's is the same day so you may have a shot of her getting there :flower:

Hi Janers, welcome! Congrats to you on you bfp!

Mrs.B, thanks for the tip. We don't even have maternity stores here so I am not sure where to find those. Not sure if I could handle wearing them in 90-95 weather these days though! Are they light?

Care, compression stockings won't be at a maternity store. Also just a quick tip if you're far from maternity stores in canada, motherhood maternity does ship. They had a buy one get one free sale that just ended yesterday, and I got 8 dresses for $130!!!

You'd be able to get compression stockings from a chiropractor/ physiotherapist probably.... you can even get a prescription for them and use your benefits to cover the cost. I think shoppers drug mart (the med supply ones) also have cheaper versions...

hi everyone!!

dis yay for team blue!! :happydance::happydance: and lovely name :cloud9: and which coach bag did you get, can I see a pic? im trying to persuade hubby to get me a gucci diaper bag as a push present :rofl: its completely selfish and terrible overspending, but I want it :growlmad::growlmad::haha: I earn more money than him, so he knows if I want it I will get it but trying to make it seem like a present!

marie I hope thats true too, i had terrible nausea and only medication would help. definitely not true that its girls give you MS. even though I felt terrible it did get me through the first tri, as I read the worse the mum feels the more the bub is thriving!

welcome janers and congrats! 21 months is an eternity! I was about 24 months with failed IUIs and IVFs. how far along are you? (sorry cant see your ticket when I hit reply).

Ive been spending a lot recently, but got some cute things, Im just loving it. hubby painted the room for bub, 2 walls brown and 2 green, it looks cute. the green is shocking to me as I like neutrals, but I keep thinking I have to go wilder for a baby. and I want to keep neutral as we will use that room if theres a #2, and will move bub into his own room. over the next 2 weeks want to get the decals on the wall and furniture and toys in there so it will really feel real!

Mrs.B, thanks for the tip. We don't even have maternity stores here so I am not sure where to find those. Not sure if I could handle wearing them in 90-95 weather these days though! Are they light?

Like Dis said, you don't need to go to a maternity store. I don't know that they would even have them. You should be able to find them at a medical supply store and even most pharmacies, as well as online. The stockings are different than the socks. The stockings are thinner, more like a thin trouser sock or a thicker knee high. They can be tough to get on yourself til you get used to them so DH might need to help you. What they do is help get the blood circulation back out from your feet, so they help with swelling. I won't lie and say they are always super comfortable if you wear them all the time, but they do the trick. These days I mainly wear them at night so I'm not wearing them all day or have to wear jeans all summer to hide them. I also wear a maternity support band to help with back pain, so you might look into that too if you are getting back pain. I got mine from Babies r Us.

Janers - welcome! I've been ttc for 30 months with 3 failed iuis and finally a bfp with ivf. It seems so surreal. I can't believe it sometimes (& i have twins too which is a double blessing).

Well, i started experiencing heartburn for the 1st time in my life over the last 4 days. I guess this will be going on for the duration as i understand. I had chest pains for a few minutes this afternoon (so scary) and took a tums and they disappeared. I read it is common in pregnancy but if it happens again, i will confirm with my dr. I guess i was due for some pg symptoms...i've had an easy ride so far.

Sarah, I actually bought two bags - DH convinced me I would use both since I couldn't decide between one!

The white one is much larger, so will be good for trips to grandmas, or long days out when I need to pack lots of stuff. The black one is a much better everyday bag. The best part was the price at the Niagara outlet. The white was on sale for $249, the black for $179, and you got an extra $50 off for every $250 spent, so I threw in a wallet for myself and was able to get an extra $100 off. I was so pleased as I saw the same bags on amazon for $400ish!

I say get the bag you want Sarah! Its important to be in love with your bag :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Sarahincanada: I am 10 weeks 1 day! Still in the early stages, but couldn't be more excited :)

Urch - definitely going fast, its already banana week!

wouldn't it be fab if that's what our preggo notes said
doctor: so, how far along are you urchin?
urchin: banana week!

Hi ladies!! I was hoping there was a thread for LTTTCers! I am having a hard time relating to other ladies who got their BFP after just a couple months of trying or less! I was hoping to find some familiar faces from LTTTC, and here you are!

I'm pregnant with my first, we tried for 21 months before our BFP, i know thats not too long in the grand scheme of things, but it was rollercoaster ride thats for sure!

Hello and welcome Janers :hi:
I know exactly what you mean - I find it harder to relate to those who got pregnant right on schedule ... it took me 4 years and IVF to get here, and that just seems like a very different journey from 'legs up the wall following sex for 2 cycles'

I'm due on your birthday too - but I have to have a c-section, so I'm also unlikely to make it that far!

hi everyone!!

dis yay for team blue!! :happydance::happydance: and lovely name :cloud9: and which coach bag did you get, can I see a pic? im trying to persuade hubby to get me a gucci diaper bag as a push present :rofl: its completely selfish and terrible overspending, but I want it :growlmad::growlmad::haha: I earn more money than him, so he knows if I want it I will get it but trying to make it seem like a present!

marie I hope thats true too, i had terrible nausea and only medication would help. definitely not true that its girls give you MS. even though I felt terrible it did get me through the first tri, as I read the worse the mum feels the more the bub is thriving!

Not sure what a coach bag is sarah - but, my rule looks like this:
I'm pregnant. I want it. I shall have it!
I'm still on my anti-sickenss meds, and if I don't take them I throw up everything I've eaten :(( My mum was like this all the way through with me, so I'm not holding out much hope for it to go away.

AFM - not much news really ... went to aquanatal last night, which Mr Urch has renamed Hippo Club. Too funny for me to get cross with him lol
and that's about it!
Oh, and I'm feeling little tiny kicks each day now - which I love :D

oh no urch I didnt realize you were still on the meds, so you must be one of those all through pregnancy people, so sorry! and yeah banana week is bizarrre. the whole thing is bizarre as Im never sure the size of most of them anyway!! but it will be nice to see the ticker move to over half way!

dis thats a great deal!! they look nice, are they specifically a diaper bag or are you going to use as that. I saw a bag in bebe (dont shop there but saw the bag in the window) for $100 that I thought might work too. the gucci one has a waterproof mat and things inside and is the right size for a stroller so I assume other diaper bags are the same.

Sarah, its a diaper bag, comes with a changing mat and lots of pockets etc... but I can totally see myself using the bag for work later too....

No kicks or anything for me yet, but still on my nausea meds. I think I will try to wean myself off of them after my vacation next week.

Someone told me they can't believe I'm 20 weeks, that I'm hardly showing - I want a big baby belly!!!

Dis - Cute bags! I looked at a Coach outlet over the weekend and they didn't have anything that cute so I'm still on the hunt

Urch - now I am picturing you like the dancing hippos from Fantasia :rofl:; the app on my phone says that this week they are carrots. A 'man' version says they are beer bottles :haha:

Dis I went for dinner with some friends last night that hadnt seen me pregnant yet and they were like 'you dont look pregnant' :growlmad: but really I should take it as a compliment, my bump is little and hard and cute :haha:

I just booked a hypnobirthing class for June, 5 weeks, 3 hours a week. Anyone else considering it? a couple of friends on here have done that and given birth naturally. I will take any meds if I need them, but wanted to give myself another option and people say its a good technique that you can carry into your life in other ways. I think the idea is when you are in pain you tense up, but you should do the opposite and relax, and then your body can actually cope with whats happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->