LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Urch that is great you have the day off! It is so beautiful here too.

Dis, I am sorry you are sick. I get that way sometimes still and it sucks. I am so jealous you are going to Mexico! I know I just left in February, but I miss it. I love Niagara Falls too, lucky you!

Teta, awwwwww, that pic is so sweet! Your daughter is beautiful and so are you. I posted our scan pic on FB, but I have it so only my family can see. Others don't know yet.

So, guess what? I bought a stroller! I was going to wait, but it was a great deal so I jumped on it. I have had quite a few strollers, new and used (from my sister). and the one I really wanted is a older model. So I have been looking on kijiji to see about the model I wanted and I found a mint one. My Friend has the same stroller but two years older and it is heavier than mine. I am in love with it! It is the Peg Perego Skate and it came with a rain cover, foot muff, and food tray, plus the car seat adapters. I really like the new Skates, but in 2010 they started making the bassinet and toddler seat separate and I really wanted one that turned into either or. Plus if I wanted to I could get the jump seat later so it could be used for two.

Kijiji has so much baby stuff. Not too much around me. I had to look in Toronto since there isn't anywhere around here to get Peg products. But TO is flooded with nice strollers. Mine is in almost perfect condition. I know all my strollers and car seats were always in excellent condition, so I knew there were other people like me out there.

Attachments

• 2012-04-19 07.21.44.jpg
    2012-04-19 07.21.44.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2012-04-19 07.28.40.jpg
    2012-04-19 07.28.40.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2012-04-19 07.32.55.jpg
    2012-04-19 07.32.55.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3
From what my doctor says, you can be sure you're feeling baby #1 by 22 weeks, and baby #2 is 15 weeks - a huge difference!

ooooh I hope thats true, one more week for me! although with an anterior placenta it might be longer according to my book.
Im sooo jealous you are going to a beach...Id love to but we are so broke. Im hoping to travel a bit in 2013 and I hope I have a bub that co-operates!!

care thats a great buy :thumbup: was it a good price? and I love the name Aria, its original and fresh.

Dis, I hope you feel better soon. A weekend away should make you feel better for sure! We live an hour from the beach, but my parents live at the beach so we will be spending the weekend there (and every weekend til september!!) This is by far my most favorite weekend of the year, I love summer and the beach!! Sooooo, to celebrate I made my pregnancy "Facebook official" :haha: Which means its REALLY real now!! I wanted to share the pic I posted, b/c I love it so much and wanted you all to see. You are going to get to see me and DD too! Which is kinda funny since we are all just names without faces on here!! Here we are!!

omg so cute! love the collage! and your bump looks amazing!

I put my news on fb last week, it was so nice to read all the messages, some people I havent talked to in years. I like FB for those people you are not close to, but want to keep in touch with.

Sarah, it was a steal at $200! I literally just happened to see it posted (total fluke) the minute it came up. They have a really nice blue Uppababy Vista for $475 and some less. And some Bugaboos too at a great price. i don't have the app for my phone, but after seeing that deal I might get it so I can be informed asap. Although I don't know what else I need since I want to buy the car seat new. So I will have paid under $550 for the travel system after I get the car seat.

Teta! Great pics! DD is adorable and I love your bump! Looks a lot like mine at this point!!

Care - great stroller! The skate is the one I want too, and brand new its $800 plus tax so you really got a great deal!!!!

Care - congrats on a girl & the new stroller is adorable!

Teta - love the pics! It's so exciting when it starts to look like a real baby. Mine are still in the "teddybear stage" as the OB put it since the head & body are the same size & there are tiny little arms and legs sticking out. I saw them moving their little legs during the scan last week. It is so funny to watch.

Mrs.bear - lol at the babies liking the basement apt, you may have some celler dwellers on your hands. Mine i guess are right on the 1st floor. Has your dr talked to you about where you should be on your weight gain? I know it's so important with twins to gain early. I guess if they are measuring good, that is what's most important. I'm up 5 lbs right now about to enter tri 2 so my dr said that is fine but i should be picking up the pace soon.

Sarah - glad bub is a little ahead of schedule, must be a relief.

Urch - if i count my ivf meds, i'm up 9 lbs but they won't let me count that as my starting point but i secretly am. I mean the eggs were growing then so why shouldn't it count? :growlmad:

Dis - feel better :)

:hi: ladies, So sorry I've been too busy to post but I have been reading all of yours! There is alot going on here! I just got done doing outdoor pictures, the high here today was 97!!! I sweated bucket fulls :( but managed to stay hydrated. I'm feeling LO move around several times a day. Nothing like huge kicks but little flutters and movements. It's lovely :) That's all that's new with me!

Teta-So exciting you posted on FB! I LOVE your collage pics. Your DD is too sweet in her t-shirt! Love the baby bump and DD pic!

Care-Awesome stroller deal! Can't believe you got so lucky! YAY for team pink! I agree and love the name Aria :)

Dis-Sorry your feeling bad. I'm still sick. It stinks but I'm just trying to deal with it and go on about my business. It is what it is I suppose. I do envy all of those women who say they 'love' being pregnant and it was the best time of their life. I'm glad I'm pregnant, don't get me wrong, but I am ONE SICK PREGNANT LADY. Hope we all feel better and move on to happier days!

Hey Klein good to see you :hugs:
I have also spent most of the last 21 weeks being sick as a dog ... still wouldn't trade places with non-preggo me though!

News from today is our dog Stig won UK Working Whippet Champion 2012! There's a pic in my journal if anyone wants to gaze upon his delightful form! :rofl:

Congrats Urch on your new Champion!

Today has been a good day, not too sick today. That's a plus. Hubby is starting to work on my son's new room. I'm super excited about that since the nursery will be in his old room. Wow, a nursery...makes it sound so real :)

Have you all started on your nursery? When did you start purchasing items/baby gear? Just wondering if I'm ahead or behind!

Yay for Stig! I know a lady that breeds whippets and does a lot with them. My friend has a few as pets. Lovely dogs. One of her females does not like my dog Jazmine, so I have to keep her away from her when we go there.

I agree about wanting to be pregnant more than anything, but being jealous of those who have easy pregnancies. My youngest sister has had 4 beautiful babies and she says she loves being pregnant. She doesn't get sick or have a hard time while pregnant.

Klein, my nursery is painted, but not finished. We were waiting to find out the gender first. We have some stripes to do around the room, then the painting will be done. I bought some decorations yesterday. I think most will be wall art. I bought 3 big 10"-12" flowers. They look like bright pink gerbera daisies. I am taking the stems off and putting them on the wall. Then I bought these beautiful butterflies (2 are about 3.5" and 4 are 2") and I plan to put one on one of the flowers and have the others look like they are flying away. I have an idea in my head but I am not sure how it will turn out.

I haven't bought much else besides the stroller. I have bedding and other things on my registry, so what I don't get then I will buy after.

Care - great deal on the stroller :thumbup:

Marie - my OB hasn't said anything to me about weight. I lost a lot first tri and from the bottom weight am now up 12-15 pounds. I didn't start gaining til around 14-15 weeks or so I think. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You will start to pack it on. I think I am gaining almost 2 a week right now so they are making up for lost time I guess.

Urch - congrats on your champion!

Klein - hope you feel better soon. We haven't done anything on the nursery because it is the room I tend to store random stuff in. So still have to get it cleared out before we can redo it. Need to get started on that though so we can get things done over the summer. I didn't really start buying stuff til around 18 weeks or so. We went to an outlet mall today and I got a bunch of great deals at gymboree, osh kosh and carters. Haven't gotten the bigger items though. I'm kind of waiting til July in my head I think because that is where if the babies come early they still have a chance in NICU. I can't bring myself to get the big stuff til after that.

Klein - So far we have bought most things for Eenie (except clothes because we are going to be given most of those) Just need a base for the car seat and a baby bouncer chair.

The nursery has been cleared and we're getting ready to paint - Mr Urch has some paint scraping to do, then we can paint the walls and the woodwork and put everything together :cloud9:

Whippets are wonderful dogs Care - very silly and great fun, but dreadful thieves - unattended food is never safe, even if your back was turned for less than 5 seconds!

Morning MrsB! 21 weeks today for me and tomorrow for you - not long now til V-day! :thumbup:

I did some gardening today. Not much as I couldn't squat down very long. But after I was so done. My feet and back are killing me. I am also cleaning out our spare room downstairs because my dad is coming to visit for a couple days. I can't wait to get finished so I can relax. I just sat with my feet up for a few minutes because they are so swollen. What am I going to do when I am 7-9 months pregnant? I have a hard time moving around now as it is. :shrug: I feel like such a complainer.

I seem to be swelling too Care - my socks all feel tight around the ankles, and I had to take my ring off today as it is getting frighteningly tight towards the end of the afternoon :(

Hi all!

I haven't done much shopping yet either! Only thing I've bought was my Coach Diaper Bag this weekend which I'm in love with! I don't plan on starting to do shopping until after my baby shower... and I like the colour of baby's room already, will just be adding some wall art.

Swelling has started for me too! I feel bad complaining about it but my feet kill me all the time. I've already had to buy size 10 shoes (Im a size 9 normally) as my feet are so swollen all the time my old shoes just dont fit anymore!

Had my ultrasound today! We were in the room for an hour and 20 minutes because baby just wouldn't cooperate! She needs us to come back in 2 weeks because she couldn't get good pictures of the heart, and she's sure the doctor will be unhappy with the pics. So I go back June 13th after my vacation. She said not to worry though and we are measuring exact for our dates - 19w5days. We said we wanted to know gender, and so right away she said its a girl.... we were very happy about that, we kissed and said her name out loud... but about 20 minutes later she said, oh wait, no I was wrong.... its a boy! She spent some more time to make sure, and then said, yea its a boy! We were again very happy! We really were fine with either, but I'm very excited to be having a he :) Yay team blue - I think our group is all tied up now?

Yay, Dis is team :blue:!!! :dance: That is so awesome. So do you have a boy name too?

Yep, I think we are three :blue: and three :pink:! :thumbup:

I really don't know why this website gets stuck for me sometimes when posting. Then it double posts.

Dis- YAY for blue team!!! That's so exciting. I love the name Zakariya. Very lovely choice :)

Care-Your not a complainer, your just pregnant lol. Making a baby is a great and rewarding job to have, although it is trying for most of us at times. For now, we'll keep our eye on the prize :) and hope to reach the finish line in due time!

No swelling for me yet, it's prob a little early though.
DD is working on building DS's new room so then I can start on the nursery for LO. I am thinking I'm going to be doing an under the sea theme with painted fish, and ocean life all around the room. I think a solid color crib bedding set will compliment the busy walls...do you ladies agree?
Walmart in the US has a sale on Graco complete nursery solution set if anyone is interested. It's a crib with a trundle, a glider and a 3 drawer dresser that is the proper height to put a changing pad on it, all for only $299.00 where I am. It's on sale, usually $349.00. The white and expresso color is sold out, with no info on when it will be back in stock but the cherry color is still available. I think it's a steal of a price and we will be purchasing that set! (it has good reviews too)

Ah, I just rechecked the site and the white is available now at the sale price still!!! YAY! I got it ordered and I'm so happy :) Whoo Hoo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->