LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Ahh Care yay!! So glad you got a second look!

I really wanted a second confirmation yesterday, as the first time she wasn't too sure. Baby was being really stubborn though, so after 20 minutes she said she couldn't tell. I almost started crying so she said okay, wait in the waiting room for 10 minutes and I'll try again. I went to the bathroom and started jumping up and down to get him to move around. When I went back in he had his legs in the perfect position to clearly see it was a boy!

Care - omg! glad she got a second look or you would be in for a big surprise at delivery :haha:

Dis - I have a hilarious mental image of you jumping up and down in the bathroom :rofl: I don't think I could jump if I had to at this point so props to you. Amazing what a little motivation will do :thumbup: Glad the tech was understanding and gave you another try.

omg care!!! thats crazy! at least its time to get used to him instead of her. Im so glad Im going for another scan at the end of the month so I can confirm boy parts. when will they let you know about the heart thing? did they say anything at the scan about it just being a routine check?

so last night we went on my first hypnobirthing class, it was good! at first I was wondering if hubby was uncomfortable as it was very intimate (4 couples and 2 teachers), and everyone was lovely and very 'earthy' types. but he tends to adapt to any situation and enjoyed it. he had a hard time on the visualizing exercises, (which is ok as its me that has to master it), and I think its probably as he felt a bit uptight and if we do at home he will get better. he is very much into natural things and not taking drugs in general, so he liked the whole concept.

For me I am fine with drugs as Im not very good in medical situations and fear the pain, but at the same time want some tools to try and make it as natural and calm as possible. All the other couples know they want completely natural home births, where I was honest and said Im scared to say that I want natural as what if I cant handle it, but Im going into it with an open mind and hope. The general idea is to not tense up when faced with pain, as it makes it worse. Its amazing to think that if you dont tense up and get into the right mindframe that the body can actually release endorphins which are just as powerful as pain medication. Im not going to tell anyone that we are going to try for a natural birth (her suggestion, as she said so many people are negative and love to tell their painful stories) and not get fixated on it for myself (incase I cant do it), but look at it as a way to decrease stress in labour. Is anyone else on this thread thinking of going natural or less meds? I cant remember if we've talked about it.

I purchased a couple of cute things on etsy, will attach pics. I got the name Cieran on the one as I think thats the name ive settled on.

Attachments

• il_570xN.319067154.jpg
    il_570xN.319067154.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 4
  • il_570xN.323939162.jpg
    il_570xN.323939162.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
Sarah where did you get the tie onesie!?!?!?!?! I NEEED IT!

Nevermind, just saw you said Etsy, soooo adorable! LOVE!

cute ay! heres thr shop on etsy for the tie
https://www.etsy.com/shop/shopantsypants?ref=seller_info

Cute stuff Sarah! :thumbup:

I've been doing WAY too much shopping pre-shower but I don't care - Ordered a baby swing today! :happydance:

Plus it doesn't even count as shopping since American Express has 20% off on redeeming reward points so it was FREE :wohoo:

Really excited because it was one of the few things I really wanted to get as a baby indulgence since so much that we will be using is hand me downs. I have another picked out for the girl in pink but figured this one was more neutral in case we only get one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Starlight-Papasan-Periwinkle/5430278

Happy shopper today :happydance:

mrs bear thats the one I was looking at online! looks so cute. Im hoping they have it at babies r us buffalo when we go over the border

Dis, I jumped around in my US room while the tech left to get my mom! And we shook my belly to try and get him to move.

Great swing Mrs.B! I like the ones with the lights for night time.

OMG, Sarah, those are too stinking cute! I would call to see if they have the swing you want because the last time I went to a TRU in NY they only had more expensive models. If you can, I would order it at Walmart.com and have it shipped to the store where you will be going (shipping site-to-store is free). Then you just have to show your ID when picking it up. I think it will save you $. When are you going down? I am going to visit my family (Orchard Park, just 30mins past the Buffalo border) for the weekend tomorrow.

Ummmm, there is no chance that that is still a girl right? Your comment about your guy has me wondering. Didn't yours look pretty positive?

We didn't hear anything about the heart or spine. I guess no news is good news. The tech would say nothing at all. Not even the size of the baby.

Care - I hate it when the techs won't talk :growlmad:

Sarah - definitely order it shipped to store from walmart. Everything from BRU is almost always more expensive. They didn't have this one at my local BRU store anymore, though I think they used to. Now they have a purple girl version and I want to say it is around $30-40 more than this one is at Walmart

care so funny you should say that, as I just ordered it online! when I tried last time it wouldnt let a canadian credit card be entered as it was all US provinces on the drop down. but then I saw paypal so I paid with that! I got the swing and a breathable baby bumper. It will be there by the 18-28th so we will go down one monday.

I think thats a boy :haha: I know they can say girls can be swollen but Im sure thats only a small amount and the wrong guess happens when they are smaller. on my ultrasound report the tech wrote 'male external genitalia' so Im sure they dont write that unless positive and that it measures correctly, so perhaps you can ask about your report. Ive always thought getting it wrong that its a girl would be much more common if things are tucked away. when I got my peepee shots we can compare!!

how do you feel about having a boy? I know you didnt want to feel like you were replacing your other boys but hopefully you feel this is so different

That's the one I saw there Mrs.B. I think it is because the other has been out for a couple (or three) years and they are getting rid of them.

Yes, we need to compare! I think Dis and mines U/S seems pretty conclusive! I would die if it was wrong again! I feel ok. I was a bit excited to buy the girls clothes because whenever I shopped for the boys I saw the cutest girl stuff, but that's ok. I do hope I don't compare though. I think it will be hard. Like when a pet dies and you call your new one by the last ones name. I already called this baby Keenan to my DH. I was like "Oh crap!". I felt bad for the little guy.

awww dont feel bad, my mum is always calling us by our wrong name growing up. those boys were your babies and no-one would expect you to forget their names, and your boy will understand. did you have any boys names picked out at all?
Im always attracted to little boys clothes, not sure why but they are just so damn cute!!

Care-Wow, she is nuts. Do you have an alarm system on your house or anything? If not that may give you some peace of mind, you may want to check into it. I would def continue to talk to the police about it and make sure they know everything. IF or WHEN she comes around again...they'll take care of it, and the time after that. Maybe she will eventually get the idea??!!
OMG care you so have a son!!! Wow, so glad you got a good shot of that lol! Good thinking on holding off on the paint!

Dis-Beautiful pic! Nice and detailed parts lol. No denying he's a he now!!! So glad everything went well with the scan! So funny about the jumping in the bathroom! I would so be doing the same thing lol!

Mrs B-Thanks and hang in there, your approaching July really soon!

Sarah-So glad the class went well and I love the cute baby boy clothes.

So, I picked up our nursery set today from Walmart and guess what...it's still in the back of the van lol. It's nice to know I have it though! I've decided on this travel system

I'm narrowing down my other baby item selections. I think we have decided to do all the big purchases ourselves and register for the smaller items.
DH's b'day is tomorrow and fathers day is the following day. So we got him a grill, 6 Florida State Shirts and a baby Florida State Sleeper. I hope he will LOVE them! He's known about the grill for awhile now and I think he's thinking he's not getting anything else. I'm going to save the baby sleeper for last, I have a feeling it will be his fav :winkwink:

I'm trying to decide if I want to do birthing classes for DH and I. Obviousally, I don't need them. Although it's been 7 years since I've gave birth, there are just some things you DON'T forget :haha: I just want him to feel involved and informed on what's going on. I often forget he's not done this before :dohh:
What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• stroller.jpg
    stroller.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1
Klein, I would do the birthing classes if you think he would be interested. My DH really wants to do them. We don't have ours until Sept though. It is a private all day (8hrs) class where the doula comes to our house instead of the 5 week class (she says you fit the same info in, just not the group setting which takes up a lot of time). I really like the idea of it being private.

I love the colours of the travel system!

About our stalker, I didn't have time to go to the courthouse with my appointments yesterday. And since I had my U/S and midwife appt spread out, it kind of messed my time up. I my DH and I worked all day today (I am actually not even done yet, just taking my third break) so no time. I guess we will go next week to find out about a restraining order.

Sarah, when I was looking at girl clothes I did find myself drawn to the boys section. My mom was not even glancing at them and dragged me away. We did not have any boys names picked out at all. I had a list but my DH didn't like any of them. And his were too average. So we went over thousands of names yesterday. He still didn't like my favs (Kieran and Declan), or any of my others. So last night he went through over 2000 boy names alone. He made a list for me and starred his three favs. Turns out we had a few of the same names, but he didn't like them when I said them. Declan was starred! What a nutter. But he really likes Jaxon and it was one I mentioned, but I am not sure because Jackson is more popular and I am trying to stay away from popular names. So:

Declan
or
Jaxon
:confused:

Care-our Dh's sound the same. I told him I liked the name Xander YEARS ago and he hated it. (One of my Bff's named her cat Xander and I loved it lol.) Then he magically came up Xander ALL ON HIS OWN. I was like OMG you didn't!!! They are so funny lol. How is Declan pronounced?

So much catching up to do here! I don't know where to begin. Inluv all of the new us pics and I love all of the baby products. I have been buying some boy things even though we don't know what we are having. I have a whole girl waredrobe so I figure if it's a he he will need some things to start out!

Care, just FYI, here in NJ Declan is recently very popular. I know of 4 babies in the past month or two named Declan! Not sure where the trends start but if it's headed your way just be warned! I don't mind popular names myself, I always feel like if I like the name enough that will be my only baby with that name is its ok!

AFM.... A small bit of excitement tonight. All day I had a weird feeling down below. Only way I could think to describe it is like I had a tampon in wrong. Then I peed and there was blood when I wiped :dohh: called ob and they said to come to hospital. Of course it happened at 7pm on Friday night! So I went in, they did an internal exam (which was so painful) urine sample, put me on the monitor, did ultrasound, and found nothing thank God. No contractions, cervix closed, no signs of any more blood, urine clean. So no answers what's going on, which is a little unsettling but I guess is better than a bad answer. The baby looks great and was moving like crazy so that's what's important. They joked that I just wanted to see the baby again! :haha: I had a little more spotting when I got home but they said I may from the exam. Hopefully no more excitement!

Wow Teta, how scary! I am glad everything turned out ok.

Are you serious about it being popular? I have never met or heard of anybody with the name. I have heard it in a book or on tv or somewhere, but not with anybody real. Crap. I wonder if it will be popular around here... Probably not.

Klein, Declan is DECK-LAN or DECK-LEN. Yep sounds like my DH.

Yes It is so weird I've only ever heard of 1 or 2 but recently there's a huge Declan boom around here. I do luv the name, but my cousin just named her baby Declan so it's not an option. And DH best friend too. a little too close for us to steal it!

Had a big long post and I lost it!

Ugh, let me try to remember what it said...

Teta-sorry you had a scare, so glad everything is ok. I guess it's just one of those unexplained pregnancy related bleeding things. Hope you have an uneventful rest of the ride!

Care-I haven't heard of that name before, I'm in Alabama so it hasn't made it to the south yet.

Mrs B-I had decided on that swing in the newer model, only bc I didn't know there was another model out there cheaper!

Anyone want to share your choices on baby gear and shopping you've done for your LO's, I'm open to suggestions lol.

I have noticed I am the queen on run on sentences. I swear I add two sentences together followed with commas as I feel they are needed all the time! What's up with that??? Oh well, sorry girls. Periods are so overrated in my mind I suppose!

Happy Saturday :)

Teta - glad all looks ok, definitely scary :hugs:

Care - I've never heard that name around here but we are in the midwest so everything gets here a few years later :haha:

Klein - there are several versions of the swing still out there. Search google shopping for starlight swing and they should come up. There are definitely 3: the one I just got, the purple one at BRU right now and there is a pink one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->