LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Ah! A mango...how lovely :cloud9: Not sure I know what one looks like in person lol. :blush: Oh well!

teta that is scary, it seems bleeding a bit in pregnancy is more normal than we thought....i know so many people on here who have had bleeding and everything is ok.

care declan is known in England where I grew up, theres a few celebs with that name. ive not heard it here in canada so I think its pretty rare in north america and so Id go for it (weird that teta knows a lot, perhaps that happens in spurts in different places, that an unusual name thats nice and people hear about it and name their child). My husband is not sure about Cieran but I wanted it since I was 16 yrs old. He thinks it sounds a bit girly, like Kiera or Karen. But he will get over it!! He prefers Ethan but i dont want bub having a class with 10 Ethans as I had loads of Sarahs in my class... but may chose that if we had another boy. My chiro named her boy Nolan which I thought was quite nice, and my reflexologist has a Connor which I like. I also like Lucas but it doesnt go with our last name. And I like Christian, but I dont like that it sounds religious. Girls I like Chloe, Meaghan and Madelaine.

klein my hubby hates how long my sentances are with no periods :haha: I also couldnt be bothered with caps when typing on here but sometimes decide to add them :dohh:

Thanks ladies, even though they told me i dont have any restrictions, i do have my mom here today to take care of DD and I while i lay on the couch. Just to be extra careful. I still have that strange feeling like something down there, but the ob triage dr said nothing is there, and trust me, she looked thouroughly! I felt like her hand was going to come out my throat!

I have the my little lamb swing, which looks similar to that one, and is gender neutral. It's very cute and comfy, DD spend hours in it, sometimes it was the only place she would actually sleep!

I do think the name trends start here on the east coast. When the lists of most popular names come out for the year, they are like 5 years behind what the popular names were here. Like right now all of the Sophia's, Isabella's, Ava's, etc are 5-8 years old! Boys names are different though. The most popular names on all of those lists are always the traditional names like michael, Joseph, Nicholas. DD name is Sophia, and even though it's popular according to the lists, she is the only one we have ever met that is her age! Which she loves because a lot of the "big girls" have her name!

We are at a loss for names either way. I find something wrong with every name, so I am always open to suggestions. Keep them coming!!

Hi ladies - wow what a lot to catch up on!

Care - a boy! Now there's a surprise. Plenty of time to get your head round it before he's born :thumbup:
I wouldn't worry too much about him 'replacing' your boys - while he is inside you, he's just a 'generic' boy baby ... but as soon as you meet him, he will become an individual, and nothing like any other boys who have ever existed. :hugs:

Teta - that sounds like quite a scare ... I know we are always being told that some bleeding is not at all uncommon in pregnancy - but it's always the dread isn't it? Even at 23 weeks I still do knicker checks, and inspect the loo roll after I wipe for any traces of pink :wacko:

AFM, I'm just back from a 2 day spa break at Centre Parcs, where I have been engaged in some hardcore relaxation ... it was fantastic!

Now I'm busy painting the nursery - I picked out some paint this morning and have got the first coat on.
One wall is silver (and was already) so isn't being painted
2 walls are now a pretty soft blue
1 wall and the ceiling are a gentle limey green

Just waiting for 4 o'clock when I can start the second coat

I'm hoping to get the walls finished today so that I can do the primer on the woodwork tomorrow and hopefully get the woodwork all finished during the week... then next weekend we get to put all of Eenie's things in place and then look at them :cloud9:

I suspect that I will be doing a lot of that - and Mr Urch a lot less!

Other news is that today is official v-day :dance:
My ticker (and my head) still have Monday as v-date, but seeing as the hospital moved us 2 days ahead at the dating scan, I figure v-day has also moved forward ... so from here on in, should Eenie decide to make an appearance, they will do everything they can to help her :dance:

We are still tossing around boy names, DH vetoes everything I suggest. There is one he is leaning toward but it is a family name my mom has pushed for years so we aren't breathing a word to her that we are considering it else she will push extra hard if we change our mind...

Teta - my friend has the lamb version and her favorite part was that it swings two directions and her DD only liked one of them - so if she hadn't had that she'd have been in trouble. I also like that they can work on batteries or be plugged in so you don't have to worry about batteries going out at a critical time :thumbup: I thought about doing that one but decided to go for the one I got because of the lights.

Urch - yay for V-day! I still check for signs of bleeding every time too :blush:. My target date in my head is July. If we get to July safely then they will be almost 26 weeks and have a good fighting chance :thumbup: Only two more weeks and then I will relax more and let myself order cribs :cloud9:

Yay for vday Urch! Almost 2 weeks for me, can't wait. Yes, I know he will be different. I just want new things for him so I don't have so many triggers.

Sarah, my DHs family is Irish and I have always loved the names. Declan is Irish and means full of goodness. My DHs name is Patrick and we want to use it as a middle name and to me Declan Patrick goes well together, where Jaxon Patrick I'm not so sure of. But my DH really likes it and he hasn't shown this much interest in a name yet. My DH also vetoed Kieran (spelled different) saying he thought it was girly. But he thought that about Tristan and he ended up liking it so work on your DH. :)

Declan Patrick goes very well together - As you know Mr Urch is also Irish, so it's Irish names for Eenie too :D
I think getting new things for him is a very good plan - you is a wise woman Mrs Care xxx

Klein & teta - sounds like you both had a scare but glad it all turned out ok.

Dis - Your boy is so cute!

Care - sounds like you've had a very stressful time lately. I hope you can find some peace. So crazy she is a he. I guess that happens more than we think.

Urch - glad you had a nice spa break!

AFM - just got a kitten on thursday & she is sooo cute but taking up all of our time. I guess it's good to get used to bc this is a preview of what's to come...no time to do anything!

Awww, a kitten! Cute.

I am visiting my family but it was last minute and they are all at a dance recital. I tried to shop for some shoes that fit my swollen feet, but wow, no way. My whole body is swollen but my ankles and feet are the worst. My legs look like i was hit with golf balls hard and they left big dents in my legs! WTF is that!? So I am laying with my feet up. :)

Awh Marie, kittens are so cute and funny :D

Care, that sounds horrid - defo feet up today, and a leg massage to help move the fluid maybe?

AFM I'm going to finish painting the nursery walls shortly, and put the primer on the woodwork. Then I have a BBQ leaving party to go to for a lovely colleague who is about to emigrate to Americaland.
When I get back I might even put a top coat on the wood.

Can't wait til I can set the nursery up and look at all of Eenie's lovely things :cloud9:

Urch-You sound so productive!!! So glad your getting so much done.

Care-Yes, feet up. I usually don't swell very much this early on so my thoughts are with you. It's horrible, I know!

My DD & DS and DH have felt the baby move. Yay. I told the kids a few days ago to enjoy their vacation this year. We will be going to the beach for 2 weeks in August. My son asked me why did I say to enjoy it. He was thinking I was implying we wouldn't be going next year. I told him I was planning on going next year but there would be a baby involved! He said, oh yea! I know what he's thinking...there goes my peaceful vaca lol.
It amazes me to think about it...around Halloween we will be having a baby! A baby for Thanksgiving and for Christmas this year! WOW. That sorta makes it so real :)

Running late this morning, so just popping in while my bath is running to say:

HAPPY V-DAY TO ME! :wohoo:

Woot Woot, vday for Urch! :happydance: :headspin::wohoo:

Klein, I know. I think of having the baby for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it is so surreal. That's great that they all felt baby move! My DH has once so far. I have to be on my side to feel it because of the placenta though, so when I am in bed on my side it is the best.

DH told me he is warming up to the name Declan. Probably because his dad likes it which I assume is because it's a good Irish name. My family here in NY state hasn't heard of anybody they know with the name. Just that it is on the TV show Revenge. But like my sister pointed out, she named her daughter Kayleigh when we didn't hear of any and her son Liam was the same, now they are popular. So who knows.

I haven't felt baby move very much and I was getting used to it regularly. It worries me. Have any of you had baby slow down at all? Maybe the heat is effecting him?

My swelling has gone down a ton. We'll see what happens today. I tried compression stockings, but I was so swollen I could hardly get them on and they were cutting off my circulation bad. So I took them off. I had a bigger size too.

Klein - the idea of babies for the holidays is a bit surreal for me too. I guess after all this time the reality of it still seems so 'unreal' :xmas9:

Urch - happy v day! :happydance:

Care - compression stockings are very uncomfortable for sure. Maybe go another size up? They will look like they are cutting into your leg but they definitely help keep circulation going. As far as movements, I definitely have days I feel more movement and then there will be times I don't feel much of anything for days. I figure it all depends on which way they are turned on a given day as to how much we can feel. It is hard, but try not to worry too much. Later on is when they will be concerned if you stop feeling movement.

Hi all!

What a busy weekend with a wedding and family for father's day! My feet are also very swollen from all the activity and heels-wearing!

I've been feeling kicks daily since 20 weeks, but they're just little pops. DH can't feel from the outside yet, I have a posterior placenta so that's not preventing him. Maybe its because I was overweight to begin with? Hope that won't stop him from being able to feel, he gets realyl sad everytime he tries but can't feel it.

Love that swing Mrs. Bear! I have the same one on my registry.

I have a very busy week coming up. Alongside my fulltime job, I'm also a parttime cake decorator - this week I have DH's graduation cake for his residency class Thursday (he's graduating from residency and will be a full-fledged doc now!) and my baby shower cake for Sunday. I had to fight my family but I'm being allowed to do my shower cake :)

I'm also making the thank you favours, chocolate mustache lollipops :) So basically, everyday after work will be prep stuff.

I feel weird about having my baby shower so early, but my sister is moving to the Caribbean for med school soon, so have no choice. One this weekend (family), and one on July 15th (friends) :)

Care - Eenie has wriggly days and quiet days too ... I try not to worry about it, but I prefer it when she's kicking like a good un!

Me too Mrs B! it is quite surreal that in a few short weeks they are going to let me leave the hospital with an actual baby!

that does sound like a busy week Dis! Happy baking :cake:

AFM I'm feeling very big - is quite scary to think how much bigger I'm going to get!

yay urch happy v day. I think in 4 weeks our bubs have 90% chance of survival so we are getting there.

care I dont feel much, I get days that I feel him for a good 5-10mins, and then other days its just a pop here and there. I worry a bit too but my MW says by 26 weeks I will feel him regularly everyday and it will get more and more. I guess my placenta must be thick and large covering the front :dohh: but on some of the good days I have felt him from the outside and hubby has too :cloud9:

Ok - baby girl definitely had a major shift yesterday. I think she flipped over completely. I happened to be looking at the bump and the whole thing shifted to the left for a second then shifted back toward the right. Like a baby earthquake :haha:

Mrs.bear - so cool you witnessed that! I guess they told you which side each was on. Mine can still move around & switch places i'm told. Not sure when they settle in.

I definitely have days when my bump is all to the left or all to the right ... I've never seen her actually swap sides though!

sarah - I know :D
It's great isn't it to think how we are nearly there after all this time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"