LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Hi ladies,
Not much to report, it's too early (5w2d).
How long did it take your husband to accept the pregnancy was real? Was it from the very start? Mine is so cautious, he's clearly uncomfortable discussing anything baby-related. He works as an emergency room physician and the only time he treats pregnant women is when they're having miscarriages or ectopics. In spite of him I'm trying to have enough PMA for both of us.

sienna-Mine is the opposite but I am like your husband lol. DH explained to me Monday that he was no longer going to be excited about the pregnancy, that I had it in my mind that it was going to fail so I wouldn't be pleased until it did. Harsh words coming from him but it put it into perspective. I told him I would try to get more excited about it instead of being a nervous wreck. My attitude was bringing him down. Maybe you can explain the other end of it to your husband and maybe he can get excited. I'm sure it's hard when all he see's is the bad side of pregnancies. I'm sure he'll come around to the idea. It's still early. He'll come on board in a few weeks!

Ours was IVF so I guess Mr Urch has felt it was real for the same amount of time as I have.
He is also a bit more optimistic than I am - it took me til the 12 week scan to truly believe that I'm not just pregnant but that we are going to have a a baby; Mr Urch got this from the first sign of BFP!

My husband was more confident than me at first too. I think I was scared for the same reasons as your husband. Only for me it is/was because I am part of a large community of women that have gone through ivf and heard so many heartbreaking stories. I think once you get past 8 weeks and have your U/S he will be OK. When do you have your first U/S? Did you go through ivf or iui?

sienna - I can't say for sure when my DH felt it was real. I was so sick from the OHSS that things were mainly focused on that. I would say most likely it was around the 6 week mark or so when I had bleeding (ended up being from losing the 3rd embryo that we already knew had stopped developing). He didn't talk about it at the time but later on it came out just how much that had affected and scared him. I think after that he understood both how real it was and how fragile 1st tri can be.

Since then we have had some ultrasounds where they look like babies and have been moving around and I think it is real in a much happier way now.

Im 13 weeks today so finally put up the ticker. I put up the whats forming one rather than the size, but Im a peach!

I dont feel pregnant at all so to think theres teeth forming is so surreal. Do you other 12/13 week ladies not feel pregnant too? I look forward to a bump!

My husband was more confident than me at first too. I think I was scared for the same reasons as your husband. Only for me it is/was because I am part of a large community of women that have gone through ivf and heard so many heartbreaking stories. I think once you get past 8 weeks and have your U/S he will be OK. When do you have your first U/S? Did you go through ivf or iui?

We got our first ever BFP using ivf. He had a male factor issue that we thought would be resolved with a varicocele repair, but it didn't seem to be enough. We had icsi and ended up with 26 embryos. We have our first scan a week from today, which will be 6w3d. He thinks it'll be too early, but maybe at the 8w scan he'll get more comfortable.

Sarah - I don't feel pregnant yet. It seems more real now that we are telling people but still not feeling pregnant. I have a bump but it is left from the ohss. I guess it will just merge into my real bump in another month or two. :shrug: I agree it is weird to think of what is growing inside us these days...

Sienna - at that stage you might see a heartbeat flicker but it may still just be a yolk sack and fetal pole. So be prepared for either so you aren't disappointed if they can't see the heartbeat yet. I think once you see a heartbeat and then it starts looking like a person he will feel it is real.

I think the very early scans are such a mixed blessing ... very useful for making sure there's not an ectopic, but so many women end up really worried because there really isn't anything to see

Like Mrs Bear says Sienna, don't get stressed if it's too early to see a heartbeat - at 8 weeks you will, but at 6 it is just good luck if you do xxx

8 week scan tomorrow. DH is going with me. Nervous about it, as ususal. Hope everything goes smoothly and the progesterone numbers are going up!!! I feel really yucky today. Almost a different kind of nausea feeling. I think I should of rethought that 'extra' sauce on the pizza. Even though it tasted soo soo good at the time... Now I feel blah. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

good luck kleinfor3 :hugs:

how is everyone? I actually went to a maternity shop today and purchased some tops. I could wear them not pregnant but theres room to grow. saw some nice comfy pants so will go back in the next month to look at those. I have no bump but im starting to feel like I want to undo my pants when sitting down!

we will be pregnant in the summer so most of the time I will wear my capri yoga pants and a lot of currents tops will probably fit. I work from home and apart from a wedding wont have much to dress up for.

one top was a grey valour thats so comfy and lots of bump room I was thinking perhaps to go to the hospital in! as oct will be a bit cooler. soooo weird to think about that.

I feel its too early to buy much else, dont want to jinx anything. how do you all feel about that?

I will be thinking of you Klein, good luck!

Sarah you are lucky. I bloated so much during ivf and after I couldn't fit into my jeans and most of my pants anymore. I didn't have OHSS, but my ovaries went crazy and I put 5 inches on my waist. I work from home to and don't go far with this MS, so I mostly live in my track pants and bra tanks lol.

I look like might have a tiny bump, but it is just bloat I think. I take pictures every week and the bloating seems to go up and down, but it is always there.

I will be thinking of you Klein, good luck!

Sarah you are lucky. I bloated so much during ivf and after I couldn't fit into my jeans and most of my pants anymore. I didn't have OHSS, but my ovaries went crazy and I put 5 inches on my waist. I work from home to and don't go far with this MS, so I mostly live in my track pants and bra tanks lol.

I look like might have a tiny bump, but it is just bloat I think. I take pictures every week and the bloating seems to go up and down, but it is always there.

I havent taken any photos as I will just look blah! should start though. I felt a bit bloated during my treatments, but I could fit into my clothes. Then I lost 10 lbs from the nausea (plus with my finger injury didnt have an appetite) so that helped the clothes still fitting Im sure. The medication makes me able to work and drive and do things, without it I couldnt do anything. cant wait till we can start showing our bumps!

My bloating is awful and it has been the entire time (the whole 8 weeks lol) It sorta upsets me b/c it makes me feel huge and miserable. It comes and goes, I can do a profile glance in the mirror one minute and I look huge, then look again a few hours later and it's gone. Pants are already fitting tight. I think I will live in dresses for as long as I can. I'm sure I MIGHT have another 4 weeks then it will be off to maternity shop's to do some shopping. I need to get one of those things that expands your pants a few inches. That would probably help for the time being!

its my boobs that seem to be showing my pregnancy the most :haha: my family tends to gain weight in upper body (recently realized as Im getting older my body is turning into my older sisters and mums!!). Ive gained about 50 lbs the last 10 years and my boobs have been getting larger. and they've swollen even more since getting my BFP. In some of the tops I looked like a frumpy fat boobed woman, it was awful!! I will have to try and get some good lifting bras, I tend to wear sports bras or tanks as they are the most comfortable.

the pants in the maternity store looked sooooo comfy....love the idea of those large stretchy panels holding the stomach!

Hi ladies,

I feel like a bit of a voyeur, as I've read through this entire thread. I'd love to join your group!

My TTC journey began in November 2010, and after 5 rounds of IVF, I've had one MMC, and am now 7+2 and hopeful!

I'm doing this on my own, with the help of a donor, and can't wait to be a mum.

Had my 6 week scan a week ago and saw the HB, which really put my mind at ease, but as you all say, the anxiety quickly returns. I have a follow-up scan on Wednesday, before my IVF doctor turns me over to the Ob/gyn.

I'm tossing up whether to invite my mum along to this scan - partly because I haven't really involved her in the process much, other than having her pick me up from the hospital after the egg retrieval, and partly because I'm still petrified. Then another part of my brain is saying that I should go alone......
:shrug::shrug:

Like many of us, I don't really have strong symptoms, but have a sneaking suspicion that MS is sneaking up. I'm feeling dizzy and slightly sick, but not to the point of wanting to throw up.

Anyway, hope this didn't sound like a rant. It's just nice to find a thread where people are getting to know each other and talking. Hope I can join!

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Hi ladies,

I feel like a bit of a voyeur, as I've read through this entire thread. I'd love to join your group!

My TTC journey began in November 2010, and after 5 rounds of IVF, I've had one MMC, and am now 7+2 and hopeful!

I'm doing this on my own, with the help of a donor, and can't wait to be a mum.

Had my 6 week scan a week ago and saw the HB, which really put my mind at ease, but as you all say, the anxiety quickly returns. I have a follow-up scan on Wednesday, before my IVF doctor turns me over to the Ob/gyn.

I'm tossing up whether to invite my mum along to this scan - partly because I haven't really involved her in the process much, other than having her pick me up from the hospital after the egg retrieval, and partly because I'm still petrified. Then another part of my brain is saying that I should go alone......
:shrug::shrug:

Like many of us, I don't really have strong symptoms, but have a sneaking suspicion that MS is sneaking up. I'm feeling dizzy and slightly sick, but not to the point of wanting to throw up.

Anyway, hope this didn't sound like a rant. It's just nice to find a thread where people are getting to know each other and talking. Hope I can join!

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

welcome! wow 5 ivfs, you have been through a lot. may I ask how old you are? and good for you for doing this on your own.
I see you are in australia, whereabouts? I went there Feb 2010, loved it! in fact thats where hubby and I first :sex: with no protection. Didnt realize it would take 2 years to get a bfp :dohh:

Hi all!

Good luck on scan today Klein!

sarah - I went shopping this weekend too. I have been wanting to for a while as only my looser clothing has been fitting since IVF, so I felt like I was wearing the same things to work every week. I just had no energy to go shopping...so I had a coffee and a couple hours later was good to go. It was my first coffee in a while and it made me so hyper! I crashed after but it gave me a much needed energy boost. I bought lots of dresses as I plan on living in dresses and tights, didn't go to a maternity store (didn't have the guts as I don't wanna jinx anything) so just bought dresses that had a lot of stretch.

In terms of bumps, I have lost weight in first tri as well, but I think some weight has redistrubted or something as I have a bit of a high bump - may be bloat or not being able to suck my gut in any longer - but its high up, right under my boobs. Boobs have significantly grown as well... I was already big up there, now they're huge. I can't fit in my bras and I noticed stretch marks yesterday on the side of my boobs already!!!

I just spoke to my clinic and a little concerned

I wanted to find out when I stop progesterone suppositories, oral prometrium, oral estrace, metformin and baby aspirin. I assumed it was all at 12 weeks, but thought maybe I continue aspirin and metformin.

The nurse said I was supposed to have stopped everything at 10 weeks, except the metformin which I should have stopped at 7 weeks. I'm really concerned, have I caused any harm? Specifically with the metformin??

I just spoke to my clinic and a little concerned

I wanted to find out when I stop progesterone suppositories, oral prometrium, oral estrace, metformin and baby aspirin. I assumed it was all at 12 weeks, but thought maybe I continue aspirin and metformin.

The nurse said I was supposed to have stopped everything at 10 weeks, except the metformin which I should have stopped at 7 weeks. I'm really concerned, have I caused any harm? Specifically with the metformin??

best you ask them, what is metformin?
the other things Im sure wouldnt have caused harm. I stopped progesterone, estrace and baby aspirin at 10 weeks but Ive heard others going to 12 weeks so I cant see it doing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->