LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Care - he is so perfect! What a dramatic birth story but with a great ending. Why didn't they know the cord was wrapped around his neck before? Sounds strange but i've heard it from a few people.

Sarah - love the pics & good luck sharing lo a few more weeks.

Klein - GL tomorrow! Finally! I don't think feeling the head means anything is happening, they said that to me last week and i have nothing going on laborwise.

Sienna - congrats on being term! It must be a huge relief.

AFM - i am term today! 36-38 weeks is term for twins. My dd is in a few weeks nov 21. So far it's looking like a c-section as 1 baby is still transverse. I think they must both be over 5 lbs by now but i will find out for sure at my next sonogram on monday. My last day of work was friday so now i can do things around the house and relax.

Who is left now? Me, Sienna & Klein?

klein, it's Wednesday :dance:
hope all goes well today, very soon you will be getting baby snuggles :hugs:

Care, you are a mummy! I think even amongst us LTTTCers you have been waiting for this moment a very long time. 12 years is such a hard road, but you got there - you now have your own baby in your arms that no one can take away

I'm sorry you ended up with an emergency section, but at the end of the day safe and in your arms is the only really important thing - everything else is second place.

Sarah - have you thought about putting a sign on your front door 'New baby not sleeping well, do not knock before 3pm' or 'catching up on sleep, please do not knock today' to carve yourself out a bit of time without visitors?

Marie & Sienna - sending you some super stay-positive vibes, your turn next!

Congrats Care - he is so perfect!

I have been MIA adjusting to mommy-hood which is the best thing in the world! Baby recognizes me and its so adorable how he'll cry when he sees me if someone else is holding him, and all he needs is me to pick him up and cuddle him for a few minutes and he'll be fine with visitors again.

I love his cuddles, he is so funny. No matter how I'm holding him he will scoot himself up to get his head on my shoulder, and when he's hungry he'll scoot even higher to nibble my cheek.

Bfing is really exhausting, baby is eating every 2 hours, and feeds last an hour, so I get 1 hour breaks. With that and the constant visitors its really draining. My in laws come every evening after work (getting here by 7pm). They think they're helping because they bring dinner, but they leave my kitchen a mess so I have to clean up and deal with the extra dishes of 2 more people having dinner at my house, and they don't leave until 11pm. I had 1 night where they didn't come, and it was so nice to have alone time with my little family. Its really draining having them here all the time!

I know we're all thinking of Klein. Hope all is going well with her!

Marie, congrats on getting to term with twins. It's great that you're done working.

Dis, so happy for you and the other new mommies. This sounds so stupid, but still can't believe I'm carrying a real baby that will be out soon.

Dis - glad you're enjoying mummyhood, I'm loving it too <3
can you not say something tactful to the inlaws? I love having visitors, but daily ones would piss me off ... and no one is allowed to stay past 8pm

klein cant wait to hear your news :kiss:

dis omg I would die if my inlaws came every night, I find it hard enough every week :dohh: only because MIL annoys the s**t out of me!! love that you are living being a mommy :cloud9: Urchin makes a good point but its hard when they are trying to help and want to see their grandson. You mentioned your brother was like your son right, how does he like being an uncle?

sienna I couldnt believe it all pregnancy, and I still say to my husband 'I cant believe I made him'. He gets annoyed like he didnt have a part, but I say yes you were an important ingredient but I cooked him! its just unbelievable to me that all his perfect skin, eyes, bones etc grew inside of me.

Ive had such a hard time with csection pain, breast feeding pain, gallstone pain, but Im still googling when I can get pregnant again after a c section :haha: seeing as Im 40 with 7 frosties I dont want to wait too long, will be asking the dr on my 6 week visit :thumbup: apparantly if I have an elective csection it will be allowed sooner than a vbac. im hoping to start some transfers next spring.

anyone else thinking about the next or am I crazy??!!

Sarah, I we could afford it then I would be doing exactly the same - but I know there is no way we'll get the money together for another round of IVF ...so it's all academic for us :(

Dis I hear you on the breastfeeding. I have lots of milk and Declan is always hungry 10-30 mins late after i feed him. I have tried everything. They say because he is a big baby he is demanding more. We had to supplement at the hospital before my milk came in and that is something I didn't want to do. Lately I started pumping and giving him what he wants and it is about 3.5 oz and sometimes more!

Marie, woohoo for full term! I am not sure why they didn't know but I know it happens a lot. We had a ultrasound on monday but I guess they don't notice that or look for that???

Thinking of you Klein!

Hi ladies,

Marie, how did your appt go yesterday? Any changes?

Sarah, I don't want to think about a second pregnancy anytime soon but for practical reasons we'll have to consider going for a frozen transfer about a year from now. Wow, you're hoping to have them back-to-back!

I had my 38w appt today and everything's fine. Cervix is completely closed, so she said it's not likely I'll go early. I've gained my 30 lbs overall, which is good I guess since it's in the normal range. Still, I told my husband that after get my body back I'lll go on a shopping spree and buy only outfits that have belts to emphasize the waist. I used to wear a size 2 and am determined to get back to that! I know there are more important things in life, just indulging in being a bit shallow.

Any updates from Klein???

Yes, i got amazing news at my appt yesterday. Angela is 6lbs 10oz & Cassidy is 6lbs 3oz at my 37 week mark. They think by my c-section next week they will both be over 7lbs which is great. That means they each gained 2lbs in the last 3-1/2 weeks. I have no signs of going into labor early but you never know. I'm up 32 lbs now, i gained 5 lbs this week. My hunger has really kicked in lately & now i see why. I am so uncomfortable but i just have to hang in there another week.
GL Sienna, it's just us now!

blummin eck Marie - I was HYOWJ with one 7 pounder in there, can't imagine two!

Marie, what an amazing thing you've been able to do, carrying two healthy babies. Next week you'll have your two little girls!!! Do you have any plans for this final pre-baby weekend?

Hope everyone else is doing great.

Hi Ladies!!!
So sorry it has taken me so long to update. I forgot how exhausting being a mom to a newborn is lol. Not to mention, DH is working 14 hour days 6 days a week. It's really a tough time...me trying to manage on my own. Enough with that... My lovely DAUGHTER is here!!! I still can't believe she's a SHE! We had a rough delivery. I'm in the process trying to type out our birth story :) Sorry it's taking so long. Currently I'm typing and arguing with my 7 yo about a stain in her favorite outfit lol. Wow....there isnt enough hours in the day lol.
:cloud9:Journee Merci Lyla Klein
November 7th 2012 8:19pm
8lbs 5oz 21" long:cloud9:
We simply adore her. Big sis is OBSESSED with changing her diaper everytime she pee's in it, I swear she hovers over her waiting for her to wet her diaper lol. Big bro enjoys looking at her and holding her when she's in a good mood. Dad gets to see her for about an hour or two so after work. He's still getting used to her crying lol. He thinks everytime she cries she's hungry :)
I can't wait to post pics. Just got to find the time to get them on the computer and resize them!

Anyone having any success with any type of schedule for your LO's? Anyone not using a paci? We aren't using a pacifier and OMG it's so hard!!!

Marie-I'm so excited for you! Those are awesome weights. I know your thrilled!!!

Klein, so happy that you, little Journee, and your entire family are doing well! Can't wait to check out the birth story and see pictures.

huge congratulations klein, journee is such a pretty name too xxx

looking forward to seeing the pics :hugs:

Congrats Klein! I can't wait to hear more and see pics of little Journee. :)

We weren't using a pacifier, but for the past week Declan has been screaming for hours and we broke down and gave one to him. I only give it to him when he is having a hard time, but I found out last night my DH has been just giving it to him every time he wants him to sleep (grrrr...).

We aren't sure what is causing this colic like reaction. Declan has a lot of gas and reflux. He spits up sometimes what seems half his feedings after he eats. I took him in for craniosacral therapy and she thought he was fine and maybe has a food sensitivity. I have been so careful with what I am eating, but then I realized I was still eating butter. We are taking him in to get allergy testing by a naturopath as soon as I can get an appointment.

I still have open gaps in my incision that aren't healing. I have to go back to the OB who did my CS Friday to see what is going on.

Is anybody else having issues with milk supply if BFing? I have tons at times and almost nothing at other times. It is so incredibly frustrating. I am taking 4 fenugreek 3 x aday to try to increase my supply, and Declan always wants to feed. Sometimes he just cries because I don't think he is getting enough. I am pumping too so he always has backup. I have seen 4 lactation consultants and have another coming on Wednesday (my homeopath is coming and she is also a lactation consultant so I will be getting her help as well). One of the lactation consultants, who is very well known and respected in our area and was recommended by my midwives and the hospital, told me that occasionally when you have assisted reproduction there can be milk supply issues and not to be too hard on myself if it doesn't work out. That really freaked me out and I have been trying even harder since I heard that.

Checking in quickly from the hospital. Babies arrived yesterday. Angela Reese is 5lb 11oz 18 inches born @ 5:44pm & Cassidy Quinn is 5 lb 13oz 18-1/4 inches born @ 5:45pm. Babies are thriving (no nicu) but i had hellp syndrome & high blood pressure. Hopefully they will get it under control. I will post pics of my beautiful little girls soon.
Klein- congrats!
Sienna- you are next!

Marie, congratulations!!!! I remember going through the February/March IVF cycle group with you and just can't believe it's finally our turn to be mothers.
So happy that your girls don't need the NICU, take care of yourself and I hope your health issues resolve quickly.

Is anybody else having issues with milk supply if BFing? I have tons at times and almost nothing at other times. It is so incredibly frustrating. I am taking 4 fenugreek 3 x aday to try to increase my supply, and Declan always wants to feed. Sometimes he just cries because I don't think he is getting enough. I am pumping too so he always has backup. I have seen 4 lactation consultants and have another coming on Wednesday (my homeopath is coming and she is also a lactation consultant so I will be getting her help as well). One of the lactation consultants, who is very well known and respected in our area and was recommended by my midwives and the hospital, told me that occasionally when you have assisted reproduction there can be milk supply issues and not to be too hard on myself if it doesn't work out. That really freaked me out and I have been trying even harder since I heard that.

me :(
I'm now on domperidone to try and keep my supply going after a couple of dips and one total crash at the beginning of the week.

Checking in quickly from the hospital. Babies arrived yesterday. Angela Reese is 5lb 11oz 18 inches born @ 5:44pm & Cassidy Quinn is 5 lb 13oz 18-1/4 inches born @ 5:45pm. Babies are thriving (no nicu) but i had hellp syndrome & high blood pressure. Hopefully they will get it under control. I will post pics of my beautiful little girls soon.
Klein- congrats!
Sienna- you are next!

congratublumminlations marie :dance:
glad to hear your little girlies are here and doing just fine - looking forward to pics xxx

Congrats Marie!!! Great weights and I can't wait to see pics! No NICU, how awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->