Ltttc graduates!

Peace, I read that you will need an average of 10 to 12 diapers a day for new born. I did the math for my boys and I've come up with 660 diapers (more or less) for the first month but I am getting like 450 - 500 diapers (I think the large package holds 480 diapers) and I think that would last me around 2 weeks... then I'm going to see how they like that kind of diapers and also adjust the size accordingly. (I don't know how big they'll be at birth and how fast they'll grow, etc)
You will probably need around 300 diapers the first month. ;)
Hope it helps!

Aww you're beautiful:cloud9: Your bump suits you perfectly. Gosh you're so close to 30wks :happydance: where did the time go! Soon they're going to be in your arms:cloud9:

Yes I read 10-12 nappies too. Today I ordered a large pack of the newborn size and 2 packs of the next size. Thats about 340 nappies. I got the organic cotton type so hopefully it works well, they were on special. Should I got more do you think? Huggies are quitting the UK market. I prefer the look of their packaging so for no other reason I'm irrationally expecting these to be the right fit:haha:

thanks peace :hugs: you are too sweet.

How many diapers come in the large pack of new born size? I'm thinking you should have plenty. How long does it take to re-order?
I'm going to start with Pampers and see how those work. I kind of did a survey among my friends and Pampers won against the other brands, so I'm going to try those first.

Speaking of diapers, what diaper cream would you use?

:haha: Peace that is so funny, you using everything to get the itching away! :flower::hugs:

About nappies... same as the newborn clothes, depends on the size of your baby and how fast it grows. I did not buy many as everyone said Lia was going to be a big baby as Greg and I are both tall, but she was average size and did not grow very fast on the first month, so we had to buy extra newborn nappies and clothes. However she started growing really fast after that, she is only 2.5 months old and she is now wearing the 3-6 months clothes. :wacko: she is very long. So whilst I did not have enough newborn clothes I had too many 0-3 months old clothes some of them I had to send to my cousin unused for their baby.

So my advice is buy enough to cover you for a week or two and take it from there really!

Wana´s bump :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: Beautiful1

Nappy cream I use Sudocrem, again depend on your baby skin. I found that just by using water to clean her and the nappies was ok, and only use cream if I see the first signs of nappy rash... It has only happened ones because I used the Asda Little angels nappies. Someone bought them for me and as a nappy they are really good as they hold everything in, but crap for their skin!
I generally used Pampers and they are very good on Lia´s skin so I am happy, I have used Huggies as well, but as Peace said they are going to stop them in the Uk!

I have not seen any nice breastfeeding covers at all, that is why Idont have any :haha:

How excited ladies, first Wana and then Peace, come on babies! :happydance:Can´t wait to see them!

Has anyone heard from Jen?

:hi:

Wana b there are 95 nappies in the 1st newborn pack. After reading yours & Sus posts I added another pack to my order. So we have 340 nappies that should see us through the first few weeks at least.

The Sudocream Sus mentioned is by far the most popular nappy cream here. Not sure if you have it there? But i also got a gentle, chemical-free one with essential oils & calendula from the health store, its the Weleda brand.

Sus, ASDA are having a baby event and the Pampers are on special so check it out. How did Lia's photoshoot go?

Wana B your pic makes me smile, you look so happy & content :cloud9:

Jen, hoping you're ok if you're reading this :hugs::hugs:

Spoke to my midwife and she agreed i need to get the itching checked out and have my liver tests monitored. I'm meant to go the hospital's day assessment unit but with the snow haven't made it out there, hopefully tomorrow. I've also booked a hypnobirthing course for next month. I think it will help DH get his head around what his role will be on the day. Looking forward to it.

:hugs: everyone

Peace,did you manage to go to the day asssessment unit? to have the itching checked? If so let us kow how it went.

How is the snow where you are? We are covered in it! we have not been able to go out for days and I have to take Lia to the doctor to review her meds today!

Lia´s photoshoot went great she was really funny smiling and posing all the time:haha: the photos come back sometime next week, will post some.

Thanks for tellingme aobut Asda´s baby event, I will be there getting nappies and other essentials :thumbup:

Peace this video is for you, Lia is trying to grab her blankie with her mouth while listening to Will I am and Britney :dohh::haha:https://s1239.beta.photobucket.com/user/esusanal/media/VIDEO0059_zpsc8302ce2.mp4.html

hi Sus

Photobucket won't let me see it :nope: can you try posting it again pls?

Yes i went in yesterday and got the test done...i'm glad i did because i got one of the seniors working at the unit and she told me that my gp was wrong to say its rare. She said they check everyone was has the itchy skin and in fact there were 2 ladies there who did have issues and are now being monitored. She also checked everything else so it was worth the trip. I get the results on Friday.

We had lots of snow over the weekend but its now turned to ice, making the pavements treacherous! I'm paranoid about slipping on the ice. I think i'll get those ice grips.

Can't wait to see Lia's pics :winkwink:

Oh look at the new designer pee-pots at the hospital

When i got there i thought the midwife was handing out muffins :haha:
My verdict:
Pros: its massive! no missing the mark with this whopper
cons: its noisy! sounds like cats pee-ing on a tin roof :haha:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 6
Let´s see if this one works

https://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff510/esusanal/th_VIDEO0059_zpsc8302ce2.jpg

My child has not worked out that to grab one toy she needs to drop one first :haha: so she was trying with her mouth! the poor blankie is in the wash as it is full of dribble :dohh:

:rofl: I have to laugh at the "pee pots" they are very trendy aren´t they :winkwink: I am too used to using them at the hospital :wacko:

You be careful Peace! don´t go out if you don´t need to, you don´t want to fall on the ice! :hugs::hugs: I fell on my tummy when I was 37 weeks pregnant remember? and I had to be checked at the hospital as it triggered contractions... at that point I was ready to have the baby and they were not going to stop them but they stopped themselves :growlmad::haha:

I am no´t going to say what I think about GPs as this post will end up being a big rant! but just I have no faith! thank God you are being checked at the hospital, now you will have the best care :thumbup::hugs::hugs:

Awww bless she is getting more adorable by the day..she seems to like the chorus :cloud9::cloud9:

I remember your fall Sus, scary stuff. I saw a lady wearing Uggs slip on the ice while pushing a stoller, luckily someone was next to her to keep the stroller from tipping over. I'm so done with the cold, can't wait for Spring/Summer.

Yeah i was glad to see that the day assessment unit are pretty good.

Wana B how are you doing?

Girls any thoughts on breast pumps? I've looked at the Medela & Avent (electric)..both have good reviews but most people say they stop working after a while.

Then theres the all the new baby baths :shrug:
https://pujbaby.com/products-page/bath/puj-tub/
and this
https://www.booninc.com/products/Naked/614

Peace you don't need all these baths ,just put baby in the bath with you and then you both get bathed at the sane time :haha:That's what I did :thumbup::hugs:

Peace

I bought loads of baby baths and bath accessories such as chairs and things like that and I have to say they were totally useless!

She was happy in a small dish washing plastic bowl (new for her) and now she is in the big bath, sometimes with me, sometimes alone!

Hi Ladies just saying a quick hello, I hope to catch up later...
Ended up getting pneumonia and being sicker than I've been in my life:cry:
but starting to feel better now:thumbup:
hope everyone is doing great:hugs::hugs::hugs:

hello ladies! :hi: sorry I haven't been here for a while, It's been busy around here, but I'm ok ;)

Jen, sorry you were so sick! :( are you feeling better now? poor you!! :(

Sus, the video is adorable!! Lia is so cute, I wanted to reach over and give her kisses <3

Peace, I am going to try the medela breast pump becasue my friends have said great things about them and becasue my insurance pays for it :thumbup: I've also heard the little storage bottles are good and very practical.

Oh Jen poor thing, hope it clears up soon and that you & baby are ok...with the :cold::cold: temperatures there it must be tough on the body. Take care, hope you're able to get time off work.

Wana B, i do like the medela too so i think i'll go for it. I had a dream the other night about milk spurting out from my boobies :haha: so I woke up and ordered breast pads! Ooooh you're 30 wks :happydance::happydance: not long before your boys are watermelons!!

Afm, got my results today and thank God it's all good:thumbup: Interestingly my blood clotting screen came back just about in the low end of normal & that is with me still taking Clexane & aspirin...it means i was right to stay on the Clexane rather than stop it at 16wks as the NHS consultant insisted on. I am so glad I followed my instinct on that and now at least I have some proof that I need to continue with it. We also got to see our girl and she's all good :happydance:

Happy weekend everyone :hugs::hugs::hugs:

oh Peace that is wonderful! Did you get a new picture? can we see her too? :D

Sorry no pic LL. I'll probably get another scan later though.

Yeah their printer was buggered and I wasn't too bothered since I know i'm down for another one later so i'll insist on pics then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->