Lucky thread

They are only cheap so I think I might just get one, thanks :)

I see that you have been selling baby stuff, are you not going to need it for the next one?

Yeah well we don't like the walker and the travel cot has just become a dumping ground coz Emilia hates being in it as a playpen and it's never used as a travel cot coz she's always at home with me lol! As for the car seat we have 2 and also have an extra one like Emilia's new one for 9 months plus coz my SIL gave me the twins old ones.

There'll be things you find you or baby don't ever like or use, but it's so different for everyone.

It's not as bad as you think mrs d, I had a spinal with Zach and you hardly feel a thing. Having said that I had no time to think about it or worry beforehand!

Don't forget Dunelm for your giant pillow and yes Asda pads and disposable pants!

It's all starting to feel much more real and not far away now aaaargh!

Thanks cupcake, it's on my list ;) god knows where hubby will sleep with that in our bed too haha

Bailey that makes sense :)

Well if it makes you feel any better mrs d I'm excited about labour, so it can't be all that bad as my labour wasn't exactly the best lol! It's still the most amazing experience ever.

Yeah labour isn't that bad Hun, remember I was induced and didn't have an epi, and Zach was back to back which us possibly the worst conditions to labour in and I managed it and I'm a woos! It's not unbearably painful, it's intense. Get a tens machine as that was the best pain relief I had, would have needed an epi without it!

I am a woos lol coz i was screaming for the epi an hour after being put on the drip haha! But I couldn't have my tens machine coz of all the monitoring stuff they had on me. I need to get myself a tens machine but I'm gonna wait longer in case there's a reason I have to have an ELCS.

But even after all that mrs d I'm still looking forward to it lol!

I remember you saying your contractions were like constant with no break, mine wasn't like that I was getting them every 2 mins so had a break, if it had been like yours if have needed an epi to!!

I don't know whether I want a vbac next time or not? I guess cos I progressed until 8cm my body can do it , it's just whether I go into labour in my own next time, which I didn't this time!m

My friend told me that you can't be induced once you've had a csec?

Yeah but your waters broke didn't they so hopefully that wouldn't happen a second time if you did want to vbac. Coz you were early weren't you?
Well the consultant wrote on my notes that I don't want to be induced and that I want c section at 41+6 not induction but he didn't say I couldn't be induced, I'm just refusing anyway. I told him it's coz I know it can increase the risk of rupture and he didn't disagree and said that's fine so I'm guessing it depends on whether the woman wants to or not.

I think if I knew I definately wasn't having anymore kids I might be tempted for ELCS but coz I might want another I'd like to try vbac. Plus I think it will be my only chance coz I don't think many UK hospitals will allow vba2c without you putting up a big fight lol!

Yeah they went 9 days early. Who knows what will happen next time. My mum was early with me so maybe it follows a similar pattern. Need to say to my sister that she might want to finish earlier than 38 weeks! Mind you she's so teeny her bump at 30 weeks is like mine was at 20!

She's finishing at 38 weeks! Yikes! I plan to go at 36 weeks this time, maybe 35 depending how I feel.

Well my mum went into labour naturally with me 4 days early whereas I was induced at due date for other reasons so I don't follow my mums. Although my mum did say that she had raised BP at the end of both pregnancies too like me but they just didn't induce her coz of it. So now I'm worried my BP will rise at the end of this pregnancy too and I'll end up with a ELCS anyway lol.

I worked out that it's my birthday when I'm exactly 34 weeks so I've said I'll be happy if I make it at least that far. Plus after having Emilia and knowing that I went back to work early I'm not as bothered about saving my maternity for after baby is born. Sounds harsh that doesn't it?? But I don't even know if I'm going back anyway and if I do it will most likely only be 16 hours so it won't matter if I have to go back when new baby is only about 7 months. I'll be off Christmas again either way lol woohoo!

Me and df have actually discussed the idea of me looking for a better paid full time job and him working part time on my days/evenings off. Because his job makes it so hard for me to work, and he will never get to come to parents evenings or school plays and hardly see the kids if he continues being a chef. But I don't think he knows what he would do otherwise.

Whoo hoo for being off for Christmas :) your decisions are probably easier this time around as you know how you felt being off with emilia, I know I'm going to be the same, I reckon cabin fever will kick in quickly for me, but I might be surprised.

Your dfs boss is a bit of a nightmare with his days off so a change of job is probably a good idea :)

OMG I can't take another night of this again. Emilia has been crying since 6.30. I had a bath and she slept for 20 mins before she started coughing and woke herself up, and now nothing I do is helping. The only thing that stops her crying is if we bring her downstairs as if it's daytime, and then she's happy as Larry, but as soon as we put her down again she starts crying and will not stop. I'm even doing controlled crying but when I go in it seems to make her cry even worse!!! I tried rocking her and she screamed louder and hit me and scratched me. I feel terrible and I'm so glad df is here so we can share dealing with it coz I think I'd be crying my eyes out too if I were alone!!

Df is just up with her and I can hear her giggling through the monitor now!!! Sometimes I swear it's just me she hates!!

Aw bailey sounds like you had a night from hell last night :( I hope tonight is much better xx

Did either of you get back your morning sickness in the 3rd tri? I was sick all last night and have felt sick all today whilst in the car, I feel just the same as I did in the first tri :(

I didn't get morning sickness last time Hun so can't help you there, I did feel more bloated an nauseas at times in 3rd tri mainly because my stomach was being crushed lol but I wasn't physically sick at all. Are you sure you've not got a bug? They are going round at the mo.

Could be :( I didn't sleep from 1.30am onwards then had to get up at 5am, I thought it was the motion of the boat combined with my acid reflux but I had to take sick bags in the car with me coz I was feeling so ill. I haven't been sick since leaving the boat but I still feel sick now :(

Lucky you, I hate being sick :(

Hopefully I'll feel better after a good sleep tonight :)

How is emilia tonight?

Just been to a huge asda and picked up lots in their baby event :) onwards to west quay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->