Lucky thread

Hi ladies! Well, you were all right! I got my +OPK today! (I think! My first time using OPKx has made me a bit crazy :wacko:)

Question though, I don't have EWCM?!?!? I had it last time with my BFP, loads of it in fact, and I don't have much as far as cm going on at all! Should I be worried about our chances of conceiving this cycle? Have any of you gotten your BFP without EWCM during O? Also, does a +OPK mean for sure you will O?AHHH I'm worried!

https://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a455/tatrask/IMG_0049.jpg?t=1335121822

Sorry Tawn I really don't know. I think iv had the most ewcm iv ever had before during this cycle. Before my miscarriage I never used to get much.

Yay for positive opk. Try googling your question :)

Hi ladies! Well, you were all right! I got my +OPK today! (I think! My first time using OPKx has made me a bit crazy :wacko:)

Question though, I don't have EWCM?!?!? I had it last time with my BFP, loads of it in fact, and I don't have much as far as cm going on at all! Should I be worried about our chances of conceiving this cycle? Have any of you gotten your BFP without EWCM during O? Also, does a +OPK mean for sure you will O?AHHH I'm worried!

https://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a455/tatrask/IMG_0049.jpg?t=1335121822

Well that's definitely a BFP for O! Yay you! Only problem is the CM you're saying you're not really having. Unfortunately that's one of the most important factors, if not THE most important one. I don't fully understand it either but Toni Weschler's book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" says this "In order for conception to occur, though, there must be three factors present: the egg, the sperm, and a medium in which the sperm can travel to reach fallopian tubes. The medium is the fertile-quality cervical fluid. Because the sperm can live up to five days in fertile-quality cervical fluid, it is actually possible to have intercourse on Monday and get pregnant from that act on Friday. So, without wanting to burst anyone's bubble, you could enjoy a deliciously romantic, snowy evening making love in front of the fire, but not actually conceive until five days later, while you're jogging, and your sweetheart has already flown off to a meeting in Kalamazoo." Another quote from same book that might be more comforting "It is still possible to get pregnant without slippery cervical fluid, assuming you produce some wetness capable of sustaining sperm."
I'm praying for a :bfp: for you!

Yay for Positive opk tawn! I've got EWCM today :happydance: did an opk but had to leave home right away so I don't know what the result is as I am still out. Think it won't be pos for at least a couple of days though!

Well we tried to bd today but hubby couldn't really get into it. Bless him, he said afterwards he felt ill but really wants a baby. We had to give up though (sorry for tmi). I just hope we've done enough to catch egg.

Yay for ewcm shellie. Can't wait for u to join me in the TWW!

Hey Tawn, I'm no expert but let me take a stab at your questions...

First of all, most cycles I don't have EWCM (I do have more and wetter CM but not quite EW quality usually) and in fact I didn't have any the cycle we conceived. (I had tons the cycle before, naturally. :dohh:) HOWEVER, I did use PreSeed because I knew that my CM isn't always the absolute best and I wanted to prolong the lifespan of the sperm in there.
I'll never know whether the PreSeed is what did it or whether we could have gotten pregnant otherwise, but I do know of other cases where people get pregnant with no EWCM (you can search for them on FF and find a bunch).

Also, a +OPK does not mean for sure you will O, because sometimes your body produces the LH surge (which is what the OPK picks up) but doesn't get all the way to releasing an egg. In that case if you were to keep testing with OPKs you would get another surge (i.e. positive or as dark as they get for you) before you did ovulate. In other words, a LH surge and +OPK is a necessary but not sufficient condition for ovulation.

You mentioned that you had EWCM the cycle you conceived last time, but do you know if you usually have it? Because if you do, then that might mean that you probably haven't ovulated yet if you haven't had EWCM yet this cycle. But if you're like me and rarely get EWCM at all, then it probably doesn't mean anything about ovulation.

Yes fawn I agree with sea weed bc I never noticed ewcm when I got pregnant in fact I dnt think I normally produce to much of it..that is why this cycle I bought preseed and used that I don't know if it will help but we r giving it a whirl. My opk is neg today and we will go through one last sex session just to be sure since my ovaries are still a tender feeling. Had a pretty good garrote card reading today fx good luck and baby dust to all.

Btw shellie hope u join us soon!!:hugs:

Just wanted let you gals know I didn't have ewcm this time when i got pregnant either. The first time i hhad loads of it. I think it is different every cycle.

My cm has gone back to creamy:nope: I had EWCM yesterday in the morning, which was tinged creamy, and it was really very stretchy (which makes me think it couldn't have been semen from several hours earlier, before going to bed), but it was only creamy again by the afternoon, and its only creamy again today... and my ovulation scope has much less ferns then yesterday, I almost called it full ferning but decided to call it partial and see how much more I had today. It would almost seem like I ovulated, but I really don't think so as my temps don't show it. Mind you the the last two days I kind of screwed up on the temps so it might look like O, but the temperatures had other reasons for being what they were, like two days ago it was really low, but our bedroom was FREEZING COLD!!! And the next day it was fairly high, but I didn't take it right when i woke up because I turned, spoke to DB for a minute, turned again realizing I didn't take it yet and took it, and you're not supposed to talk or anything before taking it! Plus I had alcohol the night before:shy:. Today's temp matches my other temps, so I really don't think I could have O'd already, as I am pretty sure it would have been much higher. I realllly hope I didn't O already, cuz then yesterday mornings early BD was the ONLY time we BD'd when it would have mattered, and even then it might have been tooo late :wacko: ... I'm thinking maybe my body attempted to O early, but really couldn't, so it better gear up again for O, or I will cry :cry::cry::cry: Oh yes, and my OPK was negative yesterday. But I hadn't done any yet prior to that. I really hope I didn't miss it already!

Shellie it sounds to me like your still yet to ovulate. Fingers crossed!!!

I feel empty not doing any sort of poas testing today. I don't need to test with my opk's any more and I have at least a week to wait until pregbancy testing. How can I keep myself busy this week?

Shellie, i agree with Poppy. i think that maybe you had one of those patches of fertile cm that the ff tutorial talks about. :) i think that you are yet to ov. soon!!

Poppy, the tww is the worst! i made the mistake of testing on 8 dpo and now i am stuck testing every day :dohh: it is just making me feel worse and worse. i'm having a hard day today. i think i see a teeny, tiny, faint hint of a evap on my test from today. so, i did an opk... there is a line. who knows. haha! the stress of it all might just push me over the end!

Too scared- I'm terrible at waiting. There's no point me saying I will wait two weeks Cos I know I will start testing by the end of this week.

I know how u feel- I went thru the same thing last month. I would spend ages looking at my tests convincing myself I could see a line. U r not out until the witch shows though. What dpo r u on now?
I think I'm either 1 or 2 dpo. My cm went back to creamy yest

Thank you ladies so much for replying to my questions! I feel so lucky to have this forum, and this thread! I took another OPK today and it is fainter that yesterday, but still pretty dark (just not +), and I have to remind myself that I did have EWCM spots last week, and lots of O pain on Friday night so I am really hoping this is a real O for me!

Seaweed Eater, I am not sure about my CM usually, which is frustrating! I had been on BCP for 5 years, then got off in mid-Feb this year and got my BFP that first cycle (before AF). So I really only have that cycle to go by, and I had loads of EWCM that time. So who knows! Here's hoping we get another BFP before AF this time too!

Can't wait to hear if that line gets darker TooScared!!!!!

thanks ladies :hugs:

i am 11 dpo today. i might (meaning i will...) do another test in a bit when i have held my pee a little longer. last time i got my bfp i got it at 13 dpo but i didn't test after 8 dpo when i got a bfn.

i keep comparing that cycle to this cycle and feeling upset that i don't have the same symptoms. but, really, do i want the same symptoms if the pg was unsuccessful? i don't know. i am grasping at straws here to try to make myself more positive.

sounds like you have ov'd and you are in your tww Tawn! you and Poppy together! can't wait to hear about your bfp's ladies!

Ooo can't wait to hear results of your test. But remember if it is BFN it is still really early!

bfn :( i could only hold it for about 2 1/2 hours. hopefully tomorrow!

Awww :hugs: tooscared! Like Poppy said, it is still super early ESPECIALLY for 2 1/2 hour wee in the evening! Hopefully that BFP is just around the corner!

thank you, Tawn. trying really hard to be positive for tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->