Making a Baby

:hugs: lyo, DH was so adamant that he was happy with just DS for a few months before we ntnp, then on the fence "if it happens, ok" then ttc full on he had second thoughts, I ended up writing out a long note to him, explaining that innate desire we have for more babies, he put a box of opks from the store on my desk the next morning before DS and I woke up with a note saying something like well, you'll need these. Now he's 100% invested even with our struggles so far ttc this time around. Sometimes they just need a swift nudge up the behind to see both sides ;)

Aww thats cute Disneylovers!! Hes putting himself 100% out there for you! He really wants another baby. Ive always wanted 3 but after my son i had some complications with him during delivery which made DH question if another one was fine or not since he saw the struggles..but i know he does because even since baby 1 hes said 3 is what he wanted so hopefully this is our take home baby.

Hubby didn't even know if he wanted kids before we got together, his ex gf had railroaded him into thinking that kids were a no-go and that he wouldn't have any with her so give up on that one (the things he put up with are way worse from her than just that). When I said kids are a deal breaker he thought I was going to say none too, his face when I explained they're a must to me was so endearing, he wants to adopt too as he was adopted, give back so to say. So maybe we will look at fostering/adoption later down the road, for now we both want one more biological baby, DS is the only bio family that hubby knows (he knows he has younger half siblings and that's all he knows about his birth family)

DS has blocked bd :( of course he'd have an upset tummy the night I get a pos opk and want mummy cuddles all day, he's snuggled up in bed with dh and hopefully we can move him back to his bed to bd in the morning before he wakes up, I say we, but dh is snoring loud enough to wake the dead and is solidly asleep so I'll be doing ninja stealthy moving of DS on my own haha! DS has the Kura bed from ikea up the daybed way... with a bedrail it's a feat getting him up to his pillow without 1. Dropping/tossing him in there and most importantly 2. Waking him and getting caught being made to stay with him, cutting down on bd time lol

So bd 2 days before positive opk, is doable for timing if DS blocks bd tomorrow right? I would Haye to miss a chance this cycle after how stupid it's been with going wonky. We were aiming for 2 days before o but I sometimes o less than 12hrs after a positive opk

Remember swimmers last up to 4-5 days hopefully you catch it! I had BD only once before O day and then i bd during O day and after too..i hope this is it!

Also remember Disney, the positive OPK is usually 24-48 hours BEFORE your actual O too, so bd tomorrow will be fine too I'm sure!!

Holy mackerel, so much EWCM! Sheesh. I hope it's a sign of a great O coming, cos I hate to wear a liner but this is nuts, lol.

That's true, lately I've had o pains almost 24hrs after but temp rise has been the following morning (roughly 12-14 hrs after a positive opk), with ttc'ing DS it was a clear 48hrs after for o pains and my usual o symptoms. I'm wondering if my lh surge just wasn't picked up early enough on the other opks I had (the last ACCUmed that I had left today showed negative where the wondfos are blazing positives now).

Thank you all so much
This group is amazing for support it really is.

So he has said again that he is happy to try that he felt upset and pressure when he found out it hadnt worked again. Before we started trying he was convinced it would happen the first month or two and i had told him at my age it could take a bit longer. He didnt believe me and I think that just hit him. We have 2 winter babies and 1 sep baby so we both had hoped for summer baby. Purely as its such a pain to keep house warm lighting fires etc with a new baby in winter. Anyway he sais nothing has changed he still would be happy to stay at 3 if I would but he knows that he would be happy if I was pregnant and the worries would go.

Flying duster. Exactly what you said in your post. All it takes is a few crazy days sith the kids and doubts about having another surface and like you I can see long term but he can only see the craziness of right now.

Basically if we are ttc we are doing it for me but he is happy to go along with it. Im not overly comfortable with that but maybe thats as good as it gets. Not sure what to do.

https://i67.tinypic.com/2qcm0jp.jpg

I took i think Flyingdusters advice on separating FMU and SMU..and this is my SMU...im feeling really hopeful this time around stick baby stick!

Lyo at least he confessed how he really felt. I know guys think its easy for pregnancy to turn around and expect the first try to catch the eggy. But sometimes i know its hard. I was also like you after the mc i just had dh want fully invested in trying again after the 3 month wait and i told him that i didnt want to try if he didnt want to either. If he wanted to its because he wanted too and not to just do it for me you know what i mean. It is hard but hopefully if you do get a bfp that he will be as happy as you...:hugs:

We forget sometimes how hard it is for guys to perform under pressure, don't know about your other halfs, but mine has finances, apartment space, job security and so much more going through his head when we talk about how things could change with a second baby, I add in that we kept almost everything of DS's baby gear, his car seat was barely used and still has 4 years left till it expires, all we really need is diapers and clothes if we have a girl. Realising that we have most of everything for a second already eased worries, eased pressure on him... our no bfp seems to be that we missed my fertile window first cycle, was a race against the eggy last cycle, hopefully we have it covered this cycle, even with the weird opks, we'll probably keep bd'ing every other or every 3 days till I get a temp rise either way. At this point he's as determined as I am lol

Thanks all.

So another long chat and we are back on. He assures me he is happy to proceed just anxious about another child to mind. It has been quite a hectic 5 years for us. We had 3 under 3 at one point and its hard. But rewarding. He is also anxious something might happen me. But i think I inadvertantly put that worry in his head by talking about my own worries. Feelbetter about it now. Still not sre why its taking so long though 😢

Dismey hope that you catch that egg. Definitely seems like you cant miss it the way ye are going anyway ye should be totally covered!

Jalanis, that progression is lovely!!!

Lyo, I'm glad he's all on board again, and I hope now it takes no time at all. Xxx

Disney, yeah my DH struggles to perform under pressure too.

FTale, how are you doing!??

Taylor, Eegor, anyone else?? How are you?

Afm.... We missed it!!! I'm GUTTED. I normally O on cd19, like every single other chart I've ever done even before conceiving my first baby, I Od on cd19 or maybe 18. So I had copious EWCM on cd15, which IS usually my sign I'm about to O but I wondered if just the early mc affected it. We tried to bd but a damn child (lol!) woke up and then we were just too zonked to go back to it, thinking we had days yet. And boom, the next day my cm dries up and today my temp rises more (I don't get a big temp shift, it climbs over a few days) and we miiiiiissssed it!!! Im gutted.

On the one hand I'm sorta almost happy to have a shorter cycle, cos O on cd15 is lovely. But!!! I wasn't prepared!!! Sigh.

I'm out next month before it's even begun. :(

:hug: Flyingduster, I'm sorry, sounds like my luck last cycle :( The o'ing early last cycle messed up this is all I can think (my temp is dropping more and more and I have no idea what to think anymore regards to even getting to O)

it's disheartening when think you know what's your norm and then your cycle plays tricks on you

Ahh starting to feel.worried now! My line from today seems the same like yesterdays and then i did a follow up of maybe less than 2hr hold and looks a tad lighter not sure if because my urine wasnt on hold for much or idk...this has me nerve wracking already :nope:

Happy thanksgiving Ladies!!

20161124_155046.jpg

This is the pic of the tests im talking about...the second one in the bottom is the smu and the last one was like a 1:30hr hold..i hope they were just wonky tests! Might do the frer tomorrow or if to wait a little more...ive read on google.and some say that its just the tests but i had a bad experience with previous loss so im scared for that to happen again.

Happy Thanksgiving

I've been up cooking and sick on my feet like no body's business. I'm so happy to be crawling into the bed now. The food was supposedly good but I have a sinus infection from all the dusting/vaccuming prep I did for today :blush:

Jalanis: Wondfos are known for their dye issues. I hope its just them being wonky as usual. Praying your bean sticks sticks sticks.

Disney: Your temp is dropping like crazy. How low does it need to go..my goodness. You might be up for a big O. I like your bd plan too!!

Flyingduster: What?? So not fair like you got robbbed. O is not being very cooperative this cycle. I mean, it did its job but rather sneaky. FX your hubby managed an escapee from precum. Hey, we can hope right :winkwink: But seriously, so bummed with ya. :hugs:

Lyo: I'm happy you two had a good heart to heart. And I'm praying your next cycle is the one that brings your new lil one along. :hugs:

Well, I'm :sick: and just trying to get better. Should be ovulating on Wednesday. Not sure about these early ovulations. Wonder if the eggs need more time to mature. I did toss caution to the wind and take Soy again but if it hurts anything like it did last time...lol..then I dont need to take it or Clomid anytime soon. I should O from the left ovary this time. Wish me luck. Ok, my head is falling, goodnight :sleep:

Hey all. Just checking in. Happy Thanksgiving. AFM pregnancy seems to be going ok. We go back for our 12 weeks scan Dec 14th so excited for that. I have not been able to find baby with my doppler yet but hoping to soon. How is everyone else doing?

Jalanis I hope that it's just dodgy tests!
FTale, get better soon! Bugs are going around lately, DH didn't eat Thanksgiving dinner with the family because he feels sick, everyone is suffering with sinus issues from the weather changes (it was low 60'sf this morning, almost 80f this afternoon), everyone is sneezing!

I don't know if the cold mornings are affecting my temps? It's been 53f most mornings other than this morning, maybe this cycle is anovulatory? if it is af would be due soon I'd imagine :( I had one 26 days cycle earlier this year but I had bad food poisoning during that cycle... not a thing wrong this cycle humph!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->