Making Miracles in March || Testing Thread

Whoops pic didn't attach. Here we go. I should add the following day I had the most achey, what I can assume Uterus.

View attachment 1114649 View attachment 1114650

I only have short surges,normally less than 12 hours, the only time it's being 24+ is with my last pregnancy which started as a twin so I assumed I ovulated from both sides possibly or a very strong ovulation.
Good luck x

@HalfricanMa and @Pink.Rose good luck ladies

@WantingababyF thats definetly a positive opk. I think some ladies can have quick surges as some can miss it if they’re not testing enough. Did you have any other signs to match up for reassurance? Like ewcm? And was it around the time you usually ovulate? Sorry if you’ve already said. If you’re nervous maybe continue testing for a few more days but that test was lovely and dark. Good luck hun

11 dpo BFN x4 stark on everything.
Not going to test again. Just wait for AF.
I think I knew this cycle post COVID that I would likely not ovulate. I am sad, but I kind of expected it.
After last cycle's chemical with good lines, I just feel defeated. I think I am going to do myself a favor next cycle and stay away from the forum, and ditch opks.
PXL_20230308_190458981~2.jpg No amount of planning and tracking seems to be doing anything anyway.

Sorry to everyone with bfns

Good luck to everyone waiting to test and waiting to ovulate. Laura I conceived my baby I lost at 14 weeks from an oops 5 or 6 days before I ovulated - BDing every day in the lead up to o but missing o day itself is not going to harm your chances.

Babydreaming9 I'm sorry to hear you fell down the stairs. Glad you had a reassurance scan. I hope the sch they found won't pose a problem.

Sorry I haven't been participating in this thread. I've been wrecked by some pretty devastating news the other day and my head is still reeling. I don't even know whether I should be TTC any more at this point as a result.
I don't want to elaborate too much here, and will be keeping it mostly to my parenting journal, but in brief I found out I am homozygous for both BRCA1 and BRCA2 which guarantees all my children to have both genes as well since I don't have any good genes to pass on. I feel like a ticking time bomb now with an 85% (or greater) chance of getting breast cancer and 45% chance of ovarian cancer. With those kind of odds how can I choose to have another child?

@NDH, gosh I had to do some googling to find out what that was about, sounds scary! How did you find out that you have those gene mutations? I'm thinking that your children could also the normal gene from oh so giving them a 50/50 chance of having the mutated form? How worrying for you :hugs: I might follow your journal if you don't mind x
@littlewitch sorry for the bfns, I think I will be out too but we both have a few days left before counting ourselves out I reckon. Id hate you to leave I like having a cycle buddy! X

Reactions: NDH
@NDH or does it mean that's the dominant gene so would show over oh's? And how did you discover about this problem? X

Last edited:
I took the test from 23andme to confirm my mthfr status, and to find out if another health issue I have could be genetic.

Being BRCA positive isn't like a recessive gene that only gets expressed if there isn't a good gene to mask it - having a copy of even a single gene at all increases the chance of breast or ovarian cancer by a lot. My kids for sure have a copy of the positive genes from me, so it doesn't matter whether OH gave them a good copy of the genes or not because they still have a 45-85% lifetime chance of cancer just from the genes I gave them.

@NDH thanks I understand. I did wonder where you were will be thinking of you :hugs:

Sorry to everyone with bfns

Good luck to everyone waiting to test and waiting to ovulate. Laura I conceived my baby I lost at 14 weeks from an oops 5 or 6 days before I ovulated - BDing every day in the lead up to o but missing o day itself is not going to harm your chances.

Babydreaming9 I'm sorry to hear you fell down the stairs. Glad you had a reassurance scan. I hope the sch they found won't pose a problem.

Sorry I haven't been participating in this thread. I've been wrecked by some pretty devastating news the other day and my head is still reeling. I don't even know whether I should be TTC any more at this point as a result.
I don't want to elaborate too much here, and will be keeping it mostly to my parenting journal, but in brief I found out I am homozygous for both BRCA1 and BRCA2 which guarantees all my children to have both genes as well since I don't have any good genes to pass on. I feel like a ticking time bomb now with an 85% (or greater) chance of getting breast cancer and 45% chance of ovarian cancer. With those kind of odds how can I choose to have another child?

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine the guilt and worry you must be feeling right now. I wish you good health and maybe if you decide to consider alternative options, we'll see you back here some day.

11 dpo BFN x4 stark on everything.
Not going to test again. Just wait for AF.
I think I knew this cycle post COVID that I would likely not ovulate. I am sad, but I kind of expected it.
After last cycle's chemical with good lines, I just feel defeated. I think I am going to do myself a favor next cycle and stay away from the forum, and ditch opks.
View attachment 1114654 No amount of planning and tracking seems to be doing anything anyway.

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to be doing everything seemingly right and having no control over the outcome just to be devastated time after time. I hope your rainbow comes soon! Take care of yourself!

Hey ladies, I’ve just woke up and have red bleeding and passed a clot. Waiting for my doctor to ring me back. I’m terrified

@HalfricanMa and @Pink.Rose good luck ladies

@WantingababyF thats definetly a positive opk. I think some ladies can have quick surges as some can miss it if they’re not testing enough. Did you have any other signs to match up for reassurance? Like ewcm? And was it around the time you usually ovulate? Sorry if you’ve already said. If you’re nervous maybe continue testing for a few more days but that test was lovely and dark. Good luck hun
Thank you for your advice. I could have peaked earlier as it was the one day I didn't test in the morning. I didn't notice EWCM but I wasn't sure if the miscarriage could have affected that, however the next day I had the worst ache around mu uterus. Which I do remember when I conceived my first son I had a very similar ache the day I ovulated so I guess that is a sign.
My boobs have also been tingly since then too.
I guess I'll never know if I did ovulate or not unless we get a BFP[-o<
I am still OPK testing until my AF just to get an idea of what my cycle is doing.
Fingers crossed we both get our rainbow soon!

@littlewitch sending hugs hun x

@NDH I'm so sorry x

@Hevalouaddict hopefully you can get seen and scanned asap. I've had bleeding with clots with dd2 and ds2 and all was fine, extremely scary at athe time, I hope everything is ok x

11dpo faint line/evap from 3 mins on blue strip can't see much on the other one, though if I get a bfp after 10dpo it normally indicates a loss for me so not holding on to anything now, will be trying for a December baby now x

20230309_100433.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->