Mamas or soon to be mamas who are morbidly obese, lets be buddies!

Sorry about the accident! Do you still suffer from pain as a result? :hugs:

Thanks and yes. I broke my pelvis in four places, had three broken ribs, a lacerated kidney, and I now have a rod with four screws in my left hand. I deal with soreness in my hand, ribs, and pelvis constantly but I'm alive and here.. I was told I may never walk again and it took me a full 18 months of rehab to do it but you'd never know looking at me today that I had an issue...

Gagrl - wow you've been through a lot. Glad you are ok now and blessed with a beautiful baby girl.

So when did you start gaining weight? I am hoping not to gain anything before 20 weeks.

Oh my goodness, that sounds horrifying :shock: I am so glad you are okay now, besides the continued pain but it definitely sounds like you're lucky to be alive.

Kitty I gained 5lbs my first trimester and 5lbs since... I'm hoping to keep it under 10 more for the remainder of my pregnancy...

Eve very much so.. here is a picture of the car I was driving...

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 6
:shock: That's unreal! You must have had someone watching over you that day to survive that! :hugs:

That picture is scary. I agree with Eve, someone must have watched over you.

Soo...was able to update my ticker today. Down to 213.6 at 12wk2d. Hopefully I will see 210 soon. Only less than 4 lbs away.

This isn't really an apply more of a question. I hope that's okay. I am 5w 3d today and i went to my first appointment/ultrasound (originally doc thought I was further along which is why I had and ultrasound so early) But im 27, this is my first pregnancy and I weighed in at 296lbs today, which im upset about to begin with because ive lost over 100 lbs and no ive gained 50 back but my appointment went horrible, i felt like my doctor was basically prepping me for a miscarriage if i don't lose weight. Of course i understand that being overweight puts my health and the babies health at risk. any suggestions on how to lose some pounds so i don't lose my baby? I went from excited to terrified in one appointment..

This isn't really an apply more of a question. I hope that's okay. I am 5w 3d today and i went to my first appointment/ultrasound (originally doc thought I was further along which is why I had and ultrasound so early) But im 27, this is my first pregnancy and I weighed in at 296lbs today, which im upset about to begin with because ive lost over 100 lbs and no ive gained 50 back but my appointment went horrible, i felt like my doctor was basically prepping me for a miscarriage if i don't lose weight. Of course i understand that being overweight puts my health and the babies health at risk. any suggestions on how to lose some pounds so i don't lose my baby? I went from excited to terrified in one appointment..

Wow thats horrible for your doctor to say that! I've never heard of women miscarrying because they are overweight, although the risk of GD and premature birth goes up.

As far as weight loss goes, I am experiencing morning sickness so that contributes to the weight loss. I am also eating low carb most of the time because my blood sugars are slightly elevated. Its under control now, but i'd like to keep it that way. I went into my 12 week appointment today and have lost a couple pounds at each appointment. Doctor wasnt pleased. He said he wants me to stay the same but not lose weight, so I dont know why your doc would push that. I weigh 213 today though, so maybe your case is a little different?

Ugh that's horrible. I was 269 when I got pregnant.. honestly I've just been watching everything I put in my mouth, trying to drink more water, and try and exercise as much as I can.. even if it's just a ten minute walk.

I can't believe your doctor said that :( Wow.. that's horrible!

Hi ladies, I've not posted for a while, just floated about a bit.

Congratulations to you all on losing the weight so well :) I'm really pleased for you.

I've failed. Miserably. I've decided to carry on as I am for now til after we get back from the seaside, and then buckle down and get it shifted. I don't want to be a failure anymore

Hi I too not posted on here in a good while but I'm back to taking small steps to losing weight. I'm going to break it down this time and not go in all guns blazing and hopefully doing this will help me finally succeed. I've started today and I'm just going to not eat takeaways and treats for now which we had all the time and my first goal is to lose 21 pounds and break it down to smaller goals.

Welcome back Heather. Sounds like a nice plan! My goal is to maintain my weight at 210, and only put on 10 lbs for the rest of the pregnancy, so that I can hopefully weight less than 220 after delivery. Morning sickness is still horrible and I dont even feel like eating, so I wouldnt be surprised if I keep dropping, which wouldnt be my fault. Everyone's starting to give me a hard time because my weight keeps dropping, including my doctor. They have unrealistic expectations of me, and wont just let my body react naturally. Doc wants me to eliminate carbs (to control my blood sugar) and exercise for 30 min each day, yet when I lose weight naturally from it, I get the lecture. Pretty sure he will bring it up again next time, but I will just tell him its beyond my control.

so back to weight loss - I weigh 212.2 today.

Thanks Lily :)

A lot of women lose in the beginning of pregnancy because of sickness even when they start out in the normal weight range so I don't see how your doctor can have a go at you about it because he must see loads of women that lose. It is out of your control like you said and as long as baby is showing as healthy that's all that matters.

I am eating healthy and exercising more this pregnancy and cutting out as much carbs as I can, so even when the ms eases, it shouldnt be a surprise if I continued losing weight due to the habit changes and starting out obese. If you looked up low carb lifestyle, almost everyone who cuts out carbs loses a significant amount of weight. I dont want to lose a significant amount, but I cant control what my body wants to do. The only way for me to weigh the same is by eating carbs again. Its frustrating because I dont know what to do. I will just let it be, my bump is definitely growing and if he makes a comment (which I am sure he will) I will just tell him its not my fault.

Your doctor sounds very contradictive, telling you to cut out carbs and expects you not to lose. Have you had the same doctor for all 3 pregnancies?

Yupe, but with Zachary I lost 6 lbs first tri, then mostly maintained until 3rd tri.Afterwards I gained them back. With jayden I had no ms so I didnt lose anything but gained a total of 11 lbs by delivery.

With this baby, I down nearly 10 lbs already, so he's afraid baby's not getting proper nutrients or something. Its weird because I know some doctors who would push their patients to lose some weight if the mom started out big. Anyway, not stopping me from trying to reach 210.

I dont feel like I look smaller or anything, my pants still feel right in the hips and thighs so not losing weight in those areas, but I know its coming off somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->