MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Wow BaniVani I would definitely report her to her supervisor. How ridiculous that she told you when you clearly stated that you did NOT want to know! WTF!!! Not cool :( Congrats on having a boy though :)

Well had my 22 week midwife appointment today -all went well, heard our little bubs heart beat sounded fab <3 . Measuring right for dates, BP and urine perfect, and got my next appointment booked for 28week check and GTT at beginning of December.

OMG 28weeks, next appointment I will be third trimester, down to double figures on my countdown and in the last few weeks of work prior to maternity leave. Yay!!!!

I got my MatB1 today too -for any UK ladies, what date did yours have on it? My midwife forgot to put week of expected confinement. Is it the Sunday preceding your due date, your actual due date or the Sunday after? Looks like it should be the Sunday before, and am wondering if I could lie a bit and put the Sunday after, play dumb lol, means I have to work an extra week but with my baby's coming late maybe would not be a bad thing haha

Was looking forward to leaving on the 5th Jan though, so dunno.

I was so sore at the end of my shift this morning, could hardly lift my legs off the floor Owie!!!!! :nope::nope: So don't know if I will make it to either 5th or 12th January. Feels okay now though after resting, and saw physio today -wasted an hour of my life :wacko: - never done anything and couldn't tell me anything I didn't already know from last pregnancy. But at least I have been now.

Hope everyone else is doing well today xxx

Banivani...im sorry, how unprofessional and unthoughtful of your them! :hugs:

Thanks for all of your kind words :hugs: im still in disbelief I am having a girl...

when did you all start your shopping? I actually bought my first item of clothing today...but I have a question...

I got a little cardigan 3-6months however by the time the baby is that age it will be June/July...should I change it for 0-3 months? As im sure I will need a little cardigan when she is coming home?

Banivani...im sorry, how unprofessional and unthoughtful of your them! :hugs:

Thanks for all of your kind words :hugs: im still in disbelief I am having a girl...

when did you all start your shopping? I actually bought my first item of clothing today...but I have a question...

I got a little cardigan 3-6months however by the time the baby is that age it will be June/July...should I change it for 0-3 months? As im sure I will need a little cardigan when she is coming home?

Where do you live lol? Here is Scotland I will need cardigans all year round I would imagine haha - even in summer it can be very cold lol. But yeah, you could change for a smaller size for bringing baby home. Here, 0-3months tends to be from about 9/10 lbs and up (above 4 kg I think) so maybe get a newborn size for going home xxx

I never really bought anything until after our 20w scan but since then have bought quite a few things -cloth nappies, scratch mitts, hats, newborn vests and sleepsuits and a snowsuit, some 0-3month vests and sleepsuits, a Moses basket (bassinet) baby bath, towels, sheets etc. Want to get a bouncer chair and some little cardigans and then will probably wait until after he/she is here to get more stuff, once we know whether boy or girl xxx:hugs:

Hi wannabubba...hope you are well :hugs: xxx

I am in Yorkshire in the UK...its funny as we don't have much of a summer either...but once I bought it I thought it may be wiser to get things for when she is born rather than for when she is older (for now anyway!)...I honestly don't know where to to start! xx

Hi wannabubba...hope you are well :hugs: xxx

I am in Yorkshire in the UK...its funny as we don't have much of a summer either...but once I bought it I thought it may be wiser to get things for when she is born rather than for when she is older (for now anyway!)...I honestly don't know where to to start! xx

My babies were all big growers lol so were all in 3-6 months much earlier than I would have imagined. My youngest was into 3-6month at only5/6 weeks old (he was my biggest baby though, although still only an average 8lb6) Don't buy too much newborn tiny or 0-3month in my experience, it all looks so cute that small but if you have a bigger baby it will maybe not get worn. And you will get bought tonnes of stuff likely lol - people love buying for babies xx

At the same time my smallest baby was 7lb 4, so not tiny and his newborn outfits drowned him for a few days :haha::haha: xxx it is hard cos we just don't know til they get here - I reckon if I go late again I could have a 9lb-er this time lol, no tiny cute stuff for me haha

My son was 9lb 5oz ! Bt he didn't seem that big to me , he was in 0-3 tho. Lil fatty. I've got my 24 week midwife appointment next thursday :) then ill see her at 28 weeks I think..
Can't believe its my V day next week alredi! :)
So exciting ! I was cleaning up today finally sat down and baby chad gave me a good few kicks as if to say rest now mummy :) x

Hi Girls,

Wow everyone seems so far ahead lol

I was in hospital over the weekend and on monday with suspected kidney stones and a kidney infection. Although they dont think there is anything to worry about atm, just have to make sure i dont get in alot of pain, otherwise I have to go back in for a scan on my kidneys. Only plus side was we got a quick scan to make sure baby is alright. Unfortunatly baby wasnt in a good position to tell the sex, otherwise they would have. Bit of a bummer, but only got 16 more days and its scan day!

Congrats on the team pinks and blues, sorry that your tech was bad and told you Banivani, I would speak to their supervisor!

We went to Disneyland for the last time today until after Aiden is at least 6-7 months old... so about a year from now, I got a bit bumped around by some rude guests and Aiden was quiet all day, even when we got home I barely felt kicks. I know it was silly to get anxious over, I only got a little pushed but any sudden jolts seem to spook me lately. I napped when we got home because I was exhausted and he was still quiet.... He must have been saving all the kicks from today for now, I swear he is trying to hatch through my tummy! it's all kicks and hard thumps lol.

I think when I do a lot of walking it settles him too, he was super quiet when we walked around a lot last week too. my Ob had said something about when you're more active they are quieter, when you relax they go to town kind of thing, especially when you lay down. That would definitely explain him being a night owl!

Wow BaniVani I would definitely report her to her supervisor. How ridiculous that she told you when you clearly stated that you did NOT want to know! WTF!!! Not cool :( Congrats on having a boy though :)

Thank you... I'm having mixed feelings today. I really wanted a surprise but I'm not going to let this spoil the adventure. What's done is done and now I'm just contemplating on telling my husband ...What do you gals think? Would you keep the secret? I feel bad for not telling him that I know and I'd feel bad if I told him--he has been so determined to want a surprise. :shrug::baby:

But what if the sonographer made a silly comment and it doesnt actually mean a boy. Did they confirm it afterwards? X

That would have been nice however, she clearly pointed out his penis even though I honestly wasn't excited at seeing it. I guess I was so hyped on finding out on the day I was in labor. I'll make sure my second pregnancy will be a surprise. Now I just have to decide on telling or not telling the hubby who's in Italy right now :shrug:

Morning girls. I would tell my partner banvani but I'm not good with secrets and I'm sure if he knew I new he wud want to no.

23 weeks today :) and stil a papaya :( lol! Hopefully a new fruit next week.. !

On the plus side 1 week and its my v day! X whoopp x

Banivani - I think my hubby would want to know if I did -and I would be scared that I would let slip to him by accident, or worse still to someone else! I know he would be mad if anyone else we knew, found out before him. But then if he is adamant he wants a surprise at the birth and you can be sure of not telling him or letting it slip to anyone else then maybe that is the best option. I would tell him you know though and let him make up his own mind xxx

Donna -woop week23 boo still a papaya haha -although to be honest, fruits differ in size SO much that really it is a bit of a nonsense haha, last week I ate a banana that was about 12 inches long and today a tiny wee 4 inch one haha

I am excited for w24 too, I want to be viable too lol xxx

Haa I was thinking the same !! Ino its exciting not long at all. I've just put all my shopping away now sat down 4 five mins I've got a splitting headache , my cranberry juice has come so gna drink tha.. I hope I don't get a call 2moz saying my water infections stil there x
I also can't wait to be down to double figures! 20 days and it'll be 99 days to go ! Wow !
Banivani - I think my hubby would want to know if I did -and I would be scared that I would let slip to him by accident, or worse still to someone else! I know he would be mad if anyone else we knew, found out before him. But then if he is adamant he wants a surprise at the birth and you can be sure of not telling him or letting it slip to anyone else then maybe that is the best option. I would tell him you know though and let him make up his own mind xxx

Donna -woop week23 boo still a papaya haha -although to be honest, fruits differ in size SO much that really it is a bit of a nonsense haha, last week I ate a banana that was about 12 inches long and today a tiny wee 4 inch one haha

I am excited for w24 too, I want to be viable too lol xxx

Donna i think Papaya for 2 more weeks still LOL it sucks to get to the weeks where the fruits dont change

I think I have a UTI as well i went to the loo 4 times last night and this morning my wee hurt ...

Im gonna try and go to dr tomorrow as im off but I have been drinking water and cranberry juice today ...

Thank you... I'm having mixed feelings today. I really wanted a surprise but I'm not going to let this spoil the adventure. What's done is done and now I'm just contemplating on telling my husband ...What do you gals think? Would you keep the secret? I feel bad for not telling him that I know and I'd feel bad if I told him--he has been so determined to want a surprise. :shrug::baby:

I personally don't think I'd be able to keep it from my husband.... And I think he'd be kind of annoyed if he found out afterwards that I knew for months and didn't tell him.
What you COULD do is tell him that they accidentally told you at the scan and ask him if he wants to know or not. That way you're not keeping it a secret that you know and he can decide for himself whether he wants to know or not. He can even think about it for a couple of days if he wants to find out.

I would definitely tell your hubby ASAP. We tried to keep our pregnancy a secret and the day we told my stepdaughter, we all went into the room and we were waiting for the Doppler - well the nurse walked in and the first thing she said was "so do you want a little brother or sister?" And she totally told her instead of us telling her....it was the first horrible thing that happened in regards to telling my SD. So I would tell him so that a doctor or nurse doesn't slip up and tell him for you! lol

Thank you so much for your responses! Very helpful. I swear I woke up just now and the first thing I thought of was the little man growing in my stomach! ;) It's 4pm in Italy and I've decided to call the hubby and ask him if he wants to know. Some of you mentioned him finding out from someone else the sex--that would be horrible. So, I'm going to give him the option of knowing or not.

Thanks ladies! Here's to another beautiful day of being pregnant and increasing our fruit sizes :)

PS. J_Lynn : Can't believe it happened to you too in that way!

Yeah I was going to say I'd tell him what happened and the scan and that you know what it is and give him the option.

Had my appointment with the 'Birth Choices' team today. They are 100% keen on me having VBAC and will do everything possible to help that happen. They quoted a 70-80% likelihood of success figure and will go for VBAC even if i need an induction. I also have the option of a water birth which I didn't think was possible, so a very positive appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->