MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Had my appointment with the 'Birth Choices' team today. They are 100% keen on me having VBAC and will do everything possible to help that happen. They quoted a 70-80% likelihood of success figure and will go for VBAC even if i need an induction. I also have the option of a water birth which I didn't think was possible, so a very positive appointment.

Brill news -sounds like a great team you have there -xx :hugs: PMA you will get your VBAC xxx

Hi ladies I finally have uploaded a scan photo of our lil guy :)
0.jpeg

Bani Vani that is terrible that she did that and it is great that you will give your husband the option to know or not.

Congrats on being team :blue:

Hope ur ok ladies.
Chad has had a quiet , he hasn't moved that much.. I've just come to bed , lay here and he's moving away , I can see him moving under my skin he actully made it stick out :) x

I've just fell down the stairs :( really hurt my foot , I didn't hit my belly bt I'm scared :(

I've just fell down the stairs :( really hurt my foot , I didn't hit my belly bt I'm scared :(

If you are worried hun, phone your midwife -should be fine if you never hit your belly, baby is quite well protected in there but if you are concerned then best to get checked out xxxx

Avas mum gorgeous scan pic - he is so cute

Azuregirl -not long until the 20th xxx

Thanks hun he's been moving . But I mite go to be checked anyway, I think I've gotta go a n e for my foot its so sore :( bruised and swolen x

I'd ring your gp and see if you can get an appointment for today, rather than going to a&e. It always takes forever at a&e! That way you can also bring up both points (of your foot and your fall)

Ugh I had a scan today (waiting on the results now) and baby is footling breech. NOT COOL, BABY!

LisK: breech presentation=:( . Isn't it too early to be concerned about position in utero? Or do the babies make their decision to be head first or feet first this early and stay that way?!

Wouldn't worry LisK -there is loads of time and room yet, baby can still do somersaults and will be head up, head down and transverse many times before there is not enough room to manoeuvre xx

Yeah I wouldn't worry about baby's position yet either.... At my 20 week scan he was breech at first but then later on he flipped and was transverse.... and also face up and then face down... so there's definitely still plenty of room to move around and turn the right way up (or down :winkwink:)
Apparently there are even babies that turn around just before you go into labour or like a couple of days before!

More news out of the scan ... pressure is on the high end of normal in one part of the baby's heart, so I have to go back at 30 weeks for another echo. They told me not to worry, but that's kind of a silly thing to say to a pregnant chick.

More news out of the scan ... pressure is on the high end of normal in one part of the baby's heart, so I have to go back at 30 weeks for another echo. They told me not to worry, but that's kind of a silly thing to say to a pregnant chick.

...and just hearing those words ' don't worry' makes us worry more xx:hugs:

but honestly try not to worry lol :blush:

thinking of you and bubs take it easy xx

Pregnancy paranoia much? My hubby works at LAX in Tom Bradley International Terminal, this morning I woke up to kicks from Aiden then a slew of text messages praying for us at this time, complete panic set in and I turned the tv on to see there were shootings in the terminal next door to hubby's. I knew in my mind that he was safe and just on lockdown where they have no phone signal.

I had posted in here before that he's been suffering with a relapse of bells palsy (facial nerves get pinched either from high stress raising his blood pressure or by the chickenpox/cold sore virus, where his eye and lips droop on the right side of his face). Anyway he was supposed to turn in FMLA paperwork today for that just to protect himself in case he needed to take time off work, so part of my brain had panic from knowing that he might have been walking across to where their admin is located.

Hubby called about half an hour ago finally to let me know he was ok, just no signal, on lockdown and rushed off their feet with the work phone ringing off the hook. Just bugged me that my rational brain was taken over by such panic, If I had thought about it, their admin is open way earlier and he would have gone over towards the beginning of his shift at 4.45am. Hubby knew he was safe where he was and was more worried about me worrying and affecting baby... he's happily kicking away at my elbow as it rests next to bump as I type!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the officer fatally shot and those injured as well as their families. Such a scary close to home day, I can't imagine what they are going through

Oh that would have been so scary Disney even if rationally you knew he was ok. Good to hear he is fine :flower:

Im sure everything will be fine with bubs Donna, but worth getting checked.

I have my midwife appointment on Tuesday to go over details of my anatomy scan. We were told at scan everything looked good, so I am feeling reasonably relaxed so far. I have just changed midwife also which was a bit awkward, my old midwife was quite rude towards me as I am not stick thin. Our lil one was barely talked about and I felt like I was constantly at a Jenny Craig meeting even though I still have not gained any weight from my pre preg weight. I would not class myself as obese or anything just a curvy lady :haha: But relieved I have changed as now I am feeling much more excited and positive about this pregnancy :winkwink:

I tripped and stubbed toes, hit my knees etc several times and each time it's been right before a scan and baby has been fine so I am sure your's is safe and sound too donna :) I hope your foot is ok though, having had years of foot pain and it getting worse whilst being pregnant (hello added weight), I know that it's not fun.

My thoughts are with you LisaK, Do they not know pregnancy makes us worry all the more over things they think are not that big of a worry. I do hope your 30wk scan has some positive results!

^I meant to put that earlier but my brain was so not in the right frame of mind. Hubby has been calling me from the terminal private line off and on, they are stuck there for a good while yet, hubby is usually home by now and it's going to be a few more hours at least till he can leave the airport, let alone navigate through the closed streets

Oh that would have been so scary Disney even if rationally you knew he was ok. Good to hear he is fine :flower:

Im sure everything will be fine with bubs Donna, but worth getting checked.

I have my midwife appointment on Tuesday to go over details of my anatomy scan. We were told at scan everything looked good, so I am feeling reasonably relaxed so far. I have just changed midwife also which was a bit awkward, my old midwife was quite rude towards me as I am not stick thin. Our lil one was barely talked about and I felt like I was constantly at a Jenny Craig meeting even though I still have not gained any weight from my pre preg weight. I would not class myself as obese or anything just a curvy lady :haha: But relieved I have changed as now I am feeling much more excited and positive about this pregnancy :winkwink:

haha my midwife made me laugh... as she runs a group for weight management during pregnancy and told me I could come too cause my bmi is 30.... thought it was kind of ironic seeing she was a LOT bigger than me!!
She doesn't seem like the nicest person, kinda wish I hadn't moved so I could maybe have my old midwives, they were great! (though the one that booked me in there wasn't too nice either, she was the one who delivered my son and when - in labour - I said I couldn't do it she said to me: well, who's gonna do it then?! You have to do it!!! :growlmad: And it came out really snarky.... didn't think that was very nice considering I was in labour and ofcourse I knew I had to do it!)

Disneylovers, sorry to hear you had such a worry!! If I was in your situation I would've been worried too!! Even if you could think rationally I'd probably still be freaking out!!
Good to hear he's ok though!!! :hugs:

Morning girls hope ur all ok. Chad was moving about as usual all day yday, so I was just monitoring him. I couldn't get no1 to have my son to go in to get him checked bt I didn't hurt my belly and no bleeding and he's moving so that's good yeh ? Apart of me stil wants to get him checked out bt that's just to tell me what I already no and he's fine ..
My foots stil sore and bruised but ill live lol. Can't believe I slipped I don't even no how I did it ?
Ella my midwife was so lovely when I was pregnant with my son I had the same one all the way thru barr one appointment when she was away. I was sad the ay she discharged me , :(

When I was in labour tho one midwife said to me stop being so dramatic ! Oh I was fuming ! I bet she didn't have kids. I was a mess in labour tho its hurt me. Was horrendous ha!

This time I've seen 2 midwifes I think there not as nice or helpful. When I ring them just basically try fob me of to triage x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->