MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Just remembered I wanted to check if they had my blood test results yet, but I'm not so sure I want to know now!! :blush: It might just make me worry again!! But then at the same time they might be great! Or they might just confirm that it is going well so far... It's only my first one, so I guess it doesn't tell you as much as it would when you do 2 in a space of 2 or 3 days but if it's in the normal range for 5 weeks I'd be VERY happy!!!
I rang the doctor's anyway, but the receptionist said they were in but the doctor hadn't looked at them yet and I have to ring back at 4pm to speak to the main doctor who will be able to explain the results...

I would say it's probably a good sign they haven't rang me to tell me it's bad news, but if he hasn't looked at them yet... then that doesn't really mean anything! :dohh:

I never had any MS with my son, but it was a perfect pregnancy! I really can't complain about anything that time!! It was so easy! Ofcourse there were some things that made me uncomfortable (like aching hips when trying to sleep) but compared to what some of the ladies on here go through I'd say mine was a walk in the park!! :haha: Very lucky!! Hopefully it'll be the same this time!

I guess I should just be thankful I don't have any MS then. But since its the universal pregnancy symptom it's just weird not having it!

I think it's a good thing the dr hasn't called you right away - I'm always afraid of getting the call and my dr always calls right at 8am with good or bad news so I hate that he does that. If he'd call later in the afternoon I would happier lol

I would call them - but I'm sure it's just fine :) You'd know something by your body telling you if there was something wrong I'm sure :)

You will prob get the ms just because ur saying u dont have it now lol jk... But thats what i said and within a few weeks i couldnt get my head out of the toilet snd i took nausea pills to help me because nothing was wprking... They wanted to put me in the hospital but i refused!

Well, I would've taken him not calling as a good sign, but the receptionist said he hadn't looked at it yet, so I guess he wouldn't know yet if it's good or bad. But then again, if it wasn't right wouldn't they put a note on it that it's urgent?? Oh, I don't know! I'll still call!

If he recognises my name he's gonna say: see, I told you you'd fall pregnant soon!! :haha: We thought there might be something wrong with hubbies sperm cause of the type of anti-depressants hubby is on, cause I read things on dr google :dohh: so he let us have a SA, even though it was only our 5th month properly ttc. But I guess we were spoiled because we fell pregnant straight away with Lucas. He said there wouldn't be anything wrong with hubby's sperm, it would just be stress... guess he was right cause hubby's SA came back all good and that same cycle I found out I was pregnant :haha:

Anyway, hopefully my numbers will be ok! I'll update once I know them!!

Good luck eltjuh! I'm sure everything will be fine though I know it's so hard to wait for lab results!

I haven't got ms yet either got it at 6 -16 weeks with my son,
Everything wil be fine hun,
My doctor hadn't looked at my results when I rung 1st time and all was ok, but the receptionist stil told me my hcg level then got a doctor to ring me x

Good luck with your results Eltjuh xx

And no MS here either but like other ladies have said, I think its only cos it is too early -thin I was about 7 weeks last time

xx

I am getting hungry then having food aversions in the middle of eating today. I ate half a bowl of oatmeal then felt really sick..then got hungry again at 8:30 and ate half a bowl of cereal and I feel awful right now...interesting lol. Off to work I go!

ugh im really nauseous.. i dont know if im just nervous today though! ugh...

so i know this sounds really freaking crazy but I have a skype interview at 2pm today with a company in los angeles about a show on A & E! Its a forensics show, and that happens to be what i went to school for.. I currently am just a college professor teaching anatomy and other science and criminal justice courses, but ugh... my stomach is in KNOTS!

Nikki how ridiculously exciting!!!!!!! We could have a celebrity in our mommy group!hahaha.....You'll do great! Deep breath and be yourself......

No ms for me either...but mine didn't kick in until 8 weeks last time......

Ahhhh forensics! I originally went to college to be a forensic anthropologist :) I ended up being a very rebellious and stupid 19 year old and spent all my time drinking and thinking I was grown since I was 1000 miles from home (from Minnesota, went to University of Tennessee) and flunked out about as soon as I started. So I ended up going back and going for criminal justice. Now I work in the mortgage default industry so I'm not using my schooling at all lol

I am going back to school either this fall or next spring (well at least i wanted to before i got pregnant - now we shall see if i can manage it!!) and getting a new degree in a useful field. Not sure what yet. Ill be 30 in November so I hope it's not too late to start a new idea haha

Good luck with your interview - that is beyond fantastic :) :)

Thanks so much ladies!

OMGGG J-Lynn! The BODY FARM! I was going to try to get in there, but I never had the drive to get up and do it! Silly me.. Anyways, the field really doesn't have much going for it, i will be honest, it is very hard to get jobs ANYWHERE, which is why I teach... but yea, still interesting!

Just got my results, had the bloodtest done on tuesday, which was 4+4 for me from LMP, and only 14dpo (1 day late for AF) and it was 89.... Not sure whether that's good or not!

Can anyone give me some thoughts??? (I've seen a couple of you have numbers much higher than that at 4+4!!)

Just got my results, had the bloodtest done on tuesday, which was 4+4 for me from LMP, and only 14dpo (1 day late for AF) and it was 89.... Not sure whether that's good or not!

Can anyone give me some thoughts??? (I've seen a couple of you have numbers much higher than that at 4+4!!)

LMP is irrelevant! The egg doesn't know when you had your period! Doctors love to assume everyone has a 28 day cycle with a 14 day luteal phase and that's what they use when calculating pregnancies. But it's not right.

The DPO is what counts. Not the length of your cycle at all.

Mine was 99 at 14DPO so that sounds good too! 14DPO is 4 weeks pregnant - the real "LMP" you should use is your ovulation date + 2 weeks! Doesn't mean baby will come on your due date, who knows! But it's scientifically more accurate.

If someone had a 50 day cycle randomly, ovulating on day 36, and got pg, it doesn't mean they would already be 6 weeks pg when they're only 14DPO. The embryo takes the same time to implant from after ovulation no matter when your period was. :)

I didn't get online yesterday due to being the 4th of July so I haven't really caught up but thought I'd pop in. I called my doctor today but she's on vacation so I talked to her nurse. When she found out it was me, she was really excited and said "Well that didn't take you very long!" because I had my chemical last month. My progesterone levels from Monday aren't in yet. I have my first appointment when I'll be 7 weeks on July 25th so these next 3 weeks are going to drag on by.

My symptoms are pretty calm though, so far. Just really bloated, gassy & boobs hurt. Last pregnancy my symptoms hit more full-force around 5-6 weeks so we'll see. My tests are still getting darker which they didn't last month so I'm taking that as a good sign.

I also saw you ladies were sharing past belly progressions so I made one for my last pregnancy as well. I'm hoping to start showing even earlier this time since it's my 3rd but we'll see!!

https://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff422/sailinghomelj/1_zps06e743f2.jpg

https://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff422/sailinghomelj/12_zps512bc81b.jpg

https://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff422/sailinghomelj/Untitled-3_zpsaa53cfdf.jpg

True, but doctors etc go by LMP, which is why I mentioned it. I also go by it, because I did with my son and he measured exactly the same at my first scan. That's why I'm going with my LMP again because it seemed accurate with him.

True, but doctors etc go by LMP, which is why I mentioned it. I also go by it, because I did with my son and he measured exactly the same at my first scan. That's why I'm going with my LMP again because it seemed accurate with him.

Some babies just implant earlier or later than others & some women are just slow to produce the hormones at first whereas others have a fast duplicating time. The only thing my doctors ever said was the # doesn't matter, what matters is that it doubles within 48 hours.

When I had my chemical last month, my first HCG level as a 3. Just a 3. I knew it was bad news but the doctor said that doesn't mean anything and that we could check in a couple days and it could be over 1,000.

3 isn't even classed as positive though is it?? I thought it was over 5??
Anyway, still not nice you did end up having a chemical!! :(

I know, I wish my nurse would've given me another test! I asked her for an extra bloodtest, because I thought she was gonna do 1 anyway... but she wasn't going to until I asked her for one. So I think she misunderstood and just gave me that 1...
I'm just gonna keep everything crossed that it's gonna be ok!!

3 isn't even classed as positive though is it?? I thought it was over 5??
Anyway, still not nice you did end up having a chemical!! :(

Every doctor is different but generally 5-10 is considered positive. But I had a positive HPT so they said I was pregnant and wanted to see what my levels were going to do. I knew I couldn't have gotten a positive FRER with levels that low so I knew they were going down but the doctor probably just couldn't say that without proof from a repeated blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->