MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Thosevibes, the FB group is pretty welcoming. I think a lot were just overly concerned for you :hugs: .

Aiden had his first proper playdate today with our neighbors gorgeous niece, I really need to find a mum and baby group within walking distance and get over my social awkwardness. He loved staring at the little sweetheart, I think he's in love LOL

Aiden pulled at his belly button a two weeks ago so much that he made it bleed, it wasn't until then that we discovered he had a granuloma (felt like the worst for not noticing it sooner but his ped didn't catch it at his 2 week apt and said if his belly button was still weeping at his 2 month apt she'd cauterize it) anyway new ped (his is off on medical leave now) took care of it the next working day and cauterized it. no more weeping and the granuloma fell off and he has the cutest little belly button now. We were finally able to give him a bath so we pulled out the blooming bath he was gifted, kiddo loved it! my little poser!

Attachments

• 10343012_10152875684173102_5373303598686532275_n.jpg
    10343012_10152875684173102_5373303598686532275_n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P1050942 - Copy.jpg
    P1050942 - Copy.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P1050932.jpg
    P1050932.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
Hope ur all well .chads 14 weeks tomoz .. mad to think thia time last year we were conceiving our babies x

yeah going way too fast!! Logan is 12 weeks now, he'll be getting his 2nd lot of jabs on wednesday and he'll be 3 months on father's day!! Can't believe it!
And I was thinking the other day, once he gets through this next wonder week (ww19) he'll be so grown up! They'll all be rolling over and starting to sit up by themselves and before we know it they'll be on the move!!!

On other news from me, we got an appointment on thursday with a health visitor for a review about Lucas, as we think he may have some form of autism! :(
Not looking forward to it, though maybe it's nothing and he's just one of those kids with lots of quirks or he'll grow out of them or something! Some things are just really weird - I'll give you 1 quick example...... We were gonna give him a bath the other night and decided to bath him and Logan together.... and for some reason, really have NO idea why, he didn't want to sit down.... And he was covering his ears (he does that a lot when something is loud, even if it doesn't seem very loud to me!), so at first we thought maybe it was cause Logan was in the bath with him.... but then when we gave him a bath on his own again the next time, the same thing happened! It was really odd!! There are other things that make us think he might be autistic, and my mum works with autistic kids so she knows a lot about it and agreed that he has some 'signals'.... We shall see I guess!!

(I typed all this last night, but then the battery on my laptop ran out and I was just about to go to sleep so I was like: yeah, I'll do it in the morning!:winkwink:)

Aww bless him sure its not hun is coveron ears a sign of autism cj does it al the time x

It can be... they can be more sensitive to noise (or other things), but that's not the only sign he's got, he doesn't like change - to the point where he SCREAMED and it took 2 of us to get him in his new coat when we got him one in the winter....He always hides in the same spot when he plays hide and seek, he doesn't understand the question 'why?' (like why did you do that? he just looks at you), he doesn't tend to look you in the eyes when you try to tell him something or explain something. He likes repetitive things, likes spinning wheels on cars. He doesn't really play with other kids. Ofcourse they could be just normal quirks and he could just be shy, but you never know....
He even covered his ears when we went to a playgroup the other day and they were singing...he said it was loud! It really wasn't!

Hi ladies

I have been so busy it has been easier to just catch up on fbook
Apologies, especially to you Donna, as I know you aren't on there xxx

Hope all goes well with HV Ella, I often worry about my 3yo too because he has strange tendencies but then speak to other mums with like children and tend to not worry so much. Better to find out though if you have concerns. My son is 4 next month, and is improving but used to be very OCD with hand washing and used to cover his ears a lot too. He can be so embarrassing too when he growls at people who try to engage him in conversation.

how are you Chad and CJ Donna? xxx

Aww big boy :) nearly 4
Aww I think about u often donna hope u and lil ones are ok and abi :)
Were good thanks hun chads 14 weeks alredi and getting so big ..
Hes such a smiler melts my heart .. cjs good hes coming along so much hes a bit slow with his speech but is learning more and more every day .. sleeps not to bad either dropped his afternoon nap.most days now as well . Chad is such a cat napper doesmt nap long in day but goes to bed at 7 and wakes once most night's and up around half 7 /8 x

We'd so love to see some of you ladies in the fbook group, I love tomorrow... video Fridays!
I miss so much not keeping up with here! I'm bad I know :(

We just booked our Christmas trip home to the UK, 3 weeks over Christmas and New Years in Essex! We're so excited for hos first Christmas to be in my home place (it'll always be home no matter how much I get teased with my muddled british/american accent lol). We um in a zombie state applied for his birth certificate without filling in the back page so have to wait another 2-3 weeks for it to come in the mail then we'll apply for his passport :D We're so excited! Did I say we're excited? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLIlKIgH8c&list=UU_http://youtu.be/GFLIlKIgH8c-C7dng&feature=share

Aiden has become really giggly now, he loves to hear the differences between hubby's and my accent and he is such a daddy's giggly boy... all hubby has to do is say "Daddy loves Aiden" and he gets the cutest laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTziS8rbpuw&list=UU_http://youtu.be/jTziS8rbpuw-C7dng&feature=share

He's so cute Gemma! :)
We're thinking about going to Holland for xmas, to spend it with my family again this year! Lucas spent his first xmas in Holland - he learnt to walk there (at 10 months) Logan will be 9 months so maybe with him being the 2nd and his legs being so strong already he'll start walking there aswell! :haha:

I am glad hubby and his family here are not too miffed about us not being here for Christmas, in all fairness they had Easter, will have 4th of july, halloween, thanksgiving and his first birthday (ok we don't celebrate 4th of july or thanksgiving back home in the uk, but still). My dad has already said they can't be here for his first birthday as his business is super hectic :( (it's why they couldn't come over until he was 11 days old) I'm still tempted to talk over flying my mum over here for his birthday though.

I hope you get to go visit home Ella! Hey I know with nieces and nephews in our family, those who have older siblings seemed to pick up crawling, walking, etc up quicker doing copy cat moves. not sure if that is something that is steadfast or not (youngest niece was pulling herself to stand at 7 months old, walking aided a few months later)

We just had a friend visiting for my birthday week and holy moley, she spoilt Aiden rotten! I knew he needed 6 month clothes and she must have talked to hubby before coming down because she bought a load and some in bigger sizes too. He and hubby have more clothes than me! Actually hubby has more t-shirts than he has time to wear them, needs to be sorted because he has the wardrobe in Aiden's room full to bursting point with t-shirts and his work clothes and everything else is in the living room closet. Aiden has clothes in mine as I have that little amount now after donating a ton a few months into being pregnant with him.

Hi girls how are you all ??
Babies ok
Chads 16 weeks on tuesday.. where is time goin?
He sleepa thru most nights woke twice last night tbo think its the heat
He normally goes 6 30 -5/6 n dozes bk of til we gt up x

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-01-21-12-22~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-01-21-12-22~2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3
  • 20140620_131331~2~2.jpg
    20140620_131331~2~2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
I am glad hubby and his family here are not too miffed about us not being here for Christmas, in all fairness they had Easter, will have 4th of july, halloween, thanksgiving and his first birthday (ok we don't celebrate 4th of july or thanksgiving back home in the uk, but still). My dad has already said they can't be here for his first birthday as his business is super hectic :( (it's why they couldn't come over until he was 11 days old) I'm still tempted to talk over flying my mum over here for his birthday though.

I hope you get to go visit home Ella! Hey I know with nieces and nephews in our family, those who have older siblings seemed to pick up crawling, walking, etc up quicker doing copy cat moves. not sure if that is something that is steadfast or not (youngest niece was pulling herself to stand at 7 months old, walking aided a few months later)

We just had a friend visiting for my birthday week and holy moley, she spoilt Aiden rotten! I knew he needed 6 month clothes and she must have talked to hubby before coming down because she bought a load and some in bigger sizes too. He and hubby have more clothes than me! Actually hubby has more t-shirts than he has time to wear them, needs to be sorted because he has the wardrobe in Aiden's room full to bursting point with t-shirts and his work clothes and everything else is in the living room closet. Aiden has clothes in mine as I have that little amount now after donating a ton a few months into being pregnant with him.

haha Lucas was walking aided (holding our hands) by 5.5 months and also pulling himself up to stand about as soon as he was crawling around 7 months! (that was crawling properly I think, cause before that he was pulling himself across the room on his belly haha) Logan has already beaten him with the rolling :winkwink: I looked back at my fb about Lucas rolling, posted that he rolled from back to tummy for the first time (whilst not in his bed, cause I used to find him on his tummy in the middle of the night at times) on the 27th of June and Logan did it for the first time yesterday and he was born in March, wheres Lucas was born in Feb. So he's like a month ahead of Lucas! :haha: It's funny comparing them, though I try not to get too hung up on when Lucas did things cause all babies are different, but it's fun comparing them after Logan has learnt something new.... just like comparing their weights is fun too :) haha Logan is bigger & heavier than Lucas which is funny cause he was born smaller and shorter, though he was born about a week earlier than Lucas was.....

I think it's perfectly fair for you to spend thanksgiving over there and then have xmas at home! I'm sure you won't spend every xmas in the UK, so they can't complain!! :) You can't always keep everyone happy and sometimes someone's gotta lose out..... We've never spent any of Lucas' birthdays in Holland and only 1 xmas since me and hubby have been together (7 years this year) so his family can't complain! :haha:

I always feel guilty that my parents wont see Aiden as much, afterall it was my decision to move to another country. They love him so much too so we try to skype a fair amount so that he gets to recognise them as he gets older (at the moment he does oggle them quite bit lol). They come over about once a year normally give or take, they were here last Christmas so they saw me pretty big bump wise lol and they came over when he was 11 days old and stayed for three weeks. just sucks we can't fly home as easily, or as cheaply as it used to be... those taxes are a killer! We found flights for $2100 for the three of us and thats the same as it was last time we flew home (just before christmas time in 2012). Not bad seeing as Aiden will have to sit on my lap/cot seat but he also gets the same amount of checked luggage as us, plus the stroller and car seat :)

I can't imagine having to pay so much to go home, I'd never go home haha! It doesn't cost too much to go to Holland, only about £200-£300 for the 4 of us, but that's still a lot to us!

It works out as around £1235 ish for the three of us, not looking forward to when he turns 2 and needs his own seat... I'm thinking thats when we need to book a flight right before his second birthday for a trip in advance, as long as it's booked before their second birthday you don't have to pay to upgrade to a seat LOL. Sigh sad that it would come to that to be able to fly home more and not be gouged on prices.

Yeah, I haven't been to Holland since Lucas turned 2 haha! So I've always only had to pay £20 for him, to sit on my lap! Then again, we haven't had the easiest year before Logan was born.... so weren't able to go anyway!
Really hope we can manage to go for xmas, should be able to! :happydance:

Hope ur al ok girls. Chads teething oh god it's been hell and I think hes hit a sleep regression x
4 months old alredi x hope ur all well how do I join the fb group ? I can reactivate my fb x

if you add me on fb, ella rudwick-niewold -- picture of Lucas and Logan, I'll invite you to the group, cause it's a secret group you have to be invited... Would be nice to see you in there as most people don't spend much time here anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->