*March & April 2021*

It’s the same concept yeah. From what I saw it’s easier to get a false boy result than false girl result because of contamination. But I’m a single mom with a girl and even a female dog lol. So the risk of contamination with male dna was super slim. You can’t contaminate with female dna as it looks for the Y chromosome.

I’ve felt it was a girl from the get-go. Felt same with DD too.

I haven’t told DD. She’s very sensitive and emotional. I wanna wait a while longer. Plus it’s her birthday Thursday then her party Sunday so want it to be about her for a while longer.

I would trust the sneak peak. Isn't it pretty much the same thought as how an nipt works with gender? As long as it doesn't get contaminated. I haven't used one, I'm just assuming that's the same method used from blood. I've done several nipt tests and they are never wrong for me.

We have already told our kids haha. My kids are always so excited they're really the only ones truly happy about it. I can't hide my exhaustion and sickness anyways. We usually tell them between 4 and 5 weeks. They know before anyone else does.

that’s what I figured, but then I read a toooon of comments where people were incorrectly told

We found out via ultrasound for both of ours- every single scan I had, I had them double check bc I had a friend who was told wrong (I d a lot With both bc I had pre-e and an anterior placenta, so I couldn’t feel them move or do any sort of kick count... lots of NSTs and BPPs)

I’m realllllly hoping I don’t end up 3/3 with anterior placentas

I’m realllllly hoping I don’t end up 3/3 with anterior placentas

Sorry to say but my last 3 were anterior and no doubt this one will be aswell I'm praying for both of us it's not xx

Well I’ve ordered a sneak peek kit, me being in the uk it’ll probably take at least a week before I get the results (it states 3-4 business days) I’m so excited!!

Ive got my fingers crossed for no anterior placentas for you girls!

Well I’ve ordered a sneak peek kit, me being in the uk it’ll probably take at least a week before I get the results (it states 3-4 business days) I’m so excited!!

I had SUCH a problem pricking myself lol. It took like half an hour to build up the courage to do it and I had to stick 2 fingers to get enough lol. I’m such a weenie. Would rather have a full blood draw.

No point me doing it my house is full of boys :rofl: altho be easy for me to do as I have to prick my finger anyway to do my bloods :( I did look at doing it tbh good luck how exciting for you xx

Hmm I don't know if I'll venture to do one or not. I never even heard about it until this pregnancy and now I see it everywhere. I didn't know there was a lot of false results! We will have an nipt at our next appt anyways, maybe I'll just wait for that?? I have 6 guys in the house, maybe it's not such a good one for me lol!

We had anterior placenta with one of ours and drove me crazy!!!! I feel for you ladies! I did not feel him move at all until 26 weeks. Horrible.

We had our sonogram today! Baby is healthy! After 8 mc's in a row I'm over the moon with excitement! 20200728_150921.jpg
By lmp I would be 8+1, by o date I'm 8+6. Baby was measuring 9+1 and 9+3 so my dr is going with o date. So my due date will stay the same as what I've been going by. Heartbeat was 184 bpm. I'm on lovenox for a clotting disorder so I'll be induced about a week early since all that has to be planned around shots. Will definitely be a Feb baby, but I hope I can stay in here!

We had anterior placenta with one of ours and drove me crazy!!!! I feel for you ladies! I did not feel him move at all until 26 weeks. Horrible.

We had our sonogram today! Baby is healthy! After 8 mc's in a row I'm over the moon with excitement! View attachment 1085414
By lmp I would be 8+1, by o date I'm 8+6. Baby was measuring 9+1 and 9+3 so my dr is going with o date. So my due date will stay the same as what I've been going by. Heartbeat was 184 bpm. I'm on lovenox for a clotting disorder so I'll be induced about a week early since all that has to be planned around shots. Will definitely be a Feb baby, but I hope I can stay in here!

Awww hello baby :) I'd be a Feb one aswell I get induced 3 weeks early due to diabetes I'm also hoping to stay here like you :) xx

Sorry to say but my last 3 were anterior and no doubt this one will be aswell I'm praying for both of us it's not xx

My two were both anteriors as well! This will be my last pregnancy and I really just wanna experience one without an anterior placenta!

Well, 5w1 and the nausea came out of nowhere and hit me this evening- getting progressively worse. I wasn’t expecting it until at least 6 weeks... I only actually threw up once or twice with my other pregnancies, but felt miserably dizzy/motion sick from just over 6w until around 23w with them...

this has me feeling like I need to hold my breath so I’m not actually sick- more nausea than dizzy - I don’t know which is worse

is this just a taste of what it’s going to be like to be pregnant in my 30s instead of 20s??

My two were both anteriors as well! This will be my last pregnancy and I really just wanna experience one without an anterior placenta!

My first 2 were not anteriors but I'd like to have another without as I'd forgot what it like :haha: xx

Sc- I've had lots of pregnancies with dizziness and lighthededness. Was your blood pressure really low during those pregnancies? Mine always was! My last couple pregnancies it was strange to me that I didn't have it, but my blood pressure was also normal so I was thinking that was the reason?? Sorry about the sickness :( mine usually starts before 6 weeks and lasts well over half the pregnancy. With my 4th baby I was sick the entire time. I threw up the morning of the day my water broke and even after having him I threw up again. I was nauseous for a week after I had him. By the time I started getting worried that it wasn't going away it finally did. Ugh. Horrible. I still remind him of that and he thinks it's hilarious. He is 10 now lol.

Sc- I've had lots of pregnancies with dizziness and lighthededness. Was your blood pressure really low during those pregnancies? Mine always was! My last couple pregnancies it was strange to me that I didn't have it, but my blood pressure was also normal so I was thinking that was the reason?? Sorry about the sickness :( mine usually starts before 6 weeks and lasts well over half the pregnancy. With my 4th baby I was sick the entire time. I threw up the morning of the day my water broke and even after having him I threw up again. I was nauseous for a week after I had him. By the time I started getting worried that it wasn't going away it finally did. Ugh. Horrible. I still remind him of that and he thinks it's hilarious. He is 10 now lol.

Interesting, but nope- bp was totally fine until high in 2nd tri on. It was morning sickness that felt gross like motion sickness.

Interesting, but nope- bp was totally fine until high in 2nd tri on. It was morning sickness that felt gross like motion sickness.
Crazy how different they are! My BP wasn't like worrisome low. But it was always around 110ish/70ish. They always said it looked good. Mine would go to a more normal level in third tri and all my dizzies went away. I have noticed my last few pregnancies I haven't been dizzy and my BP has been 120ish/80ish. It does still go up a little in third tri still and after my last two babies I got post partum pre-e. I didn't even know you could get it after having a baby until it happened the first time! My BP was normal at my dr appt yesterday so I expect it to go the same. A little high at the end and then post partum pre-e again.

So I started considering doing a sneak peek. It's on sale right now. I almost ordered it and then thought I'd look on amazon and see if it was cheaper. I looked through the reviews and not very excited anymore lol. I was going to do the fast track one. I did see that someone was saying if you've been pregnant with a boy in the last 9 mos you could have boy dna in your blood still??? We had our last big miscarriage in december and two chemicals since, without knowing gender of any of course. So I guess mine could have a high chance of being incorrect? Boo.

So I started considering doing a sneak peek. It's on sale right now. I almost ordered it and then thought I'd look on amazon and see if it was cheaper. I looked through the reviews and not very excited anymore lol. I was going to do the fast track one. I did see that someone was saying if you've been pregnant with a boy in the last 9 mos you could have boy dna in your blood still??? We had our last big miscarriage in december and two chemicals since, without knowing gender of any of course. So I guess mine could have a high chance of being incorrect? Boo.
I don’t think the chemicals will affect it as you have to be 8weeks before you can do it, depending on how far along you were when you miscarried that could possibly but if it was before 8 weeks then I think you should be fine.

I’m still waiting for an email to say my test has been dispatched, 1-2 days shipping and tomorrow is day 2 so I really should have had an email by now, my order email said the dispatch email will be with me shortly and that was over 24hrs ago ](*,)

Sorry ladies I’m around. Just sooooo exhausted it’s isn’t even funny! And DDs 5th birthday is tomorrow :cry: So lot going on.

Hope everyone is doing well (aside from general pregnancy yuckiness).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->