*March & April 2021*

HR 164bpm measuring 8w1d!

Congrats! Great pics :) 3.5 more weeks until we *hopefully* see the same...

General question- have any of you started telling people? will you?

We were pretty open about our early losses, so when we had a good ultrasound at both 6 and 8w with our son, we shared at 8w. I think my daughter was closer to 10 or 11 weeks just because that's when it felt right. No clue what we'll do with this one, or if we will. My husband, boss, and 2 very close friends currently know...

My mother and some friends know. That’s it. She may blab to other family now, but generally I don’t like announcing until closer to 16 weeks.

I have no idea when we will tell anyone. Probably not for a very long time for us. DH's mom and dad are both coming to visit and stay with us in September. If I can keep it a secret and just look fat then I probably will.

congrats kyla!!!

I don’t get my first ultrasound until September 3rd. I’ll be 11 weeks. I asked for an earlier one because of my miscarriage in October (I was 5 week and about 5 days..) but they said they don’t do them early unless I’ve had multiple miscarriages because having one doesn’t mess with my risk factor and also insurances typically only cover 1 ultrasound per trimester so I would have to pay like 300-500$ out of pocket. So damn. But My local pregnancy resource center does FREE ultrasounds in 1st and 2nd trimester and I have a video conference set up for this Thursday and after that I will hopefully be able to set up an ultrasound with them for sooner than this September BS!!

Just my husband and mom know. We live with my grandma too and I wanted to wait until I know everything is okay through an ultrasound before we told anyone else.

We haven't told anyone yet and I'm not really sure when we will. My first pregnancy was a miscarriage at around 10 weeks and we hadn't told anyone, so that was really to go through - having to say, well, we were pregnant but now weren't not :-( With my boys we told our parents after the first scan at around 8 weeks, so we may do the same this time. Our city is on lockdown until Aug 19 at the earliest, so maybe we will just wait until we are actually allowed to see people again!

Oh and our first ultrasound is Aug 7th!

Last edited:
I used to have a ton of long vivid dreams- they’ve dramatically decreased to basically none over the last few years. However, they are back almost every night since being pregnant. Which for the most part has been entertaining.

Except for a super real feeling dream I had that this pregnancy was ectopic (except in the dream he was calling it a different version of ectopic called endotopic ‍♀️) and wasn’t in a huge hurry to do anything about it. Be used some sort of heat camera that was uncomfortable and I thought would fry my insides but the image looked like a 3D scan. Just said that it’s not viable and we should probably take care of it. My husband was trying to schedule the next visit for me but kept choosing dates in the past or almost a year away... but it was still alive/fine and the dream ended before anything was done. so it was ridiculous but real enough to shake me up and now I can’t sleep haha.

Ah, pregnancy dreams.

Do your dreams increase with pregnancy?

I also took my last FRER today, 5 weeks seems like a good stopping point (the one that says 27). Still have some regular wondfos left I’ll prob use for a bit... (15 is around 3w3d to 27 5w0d today)
)54C427CD-CEF9-4811-BDA6-D0DA65FAF6AE.jpeg2106680E-AC2D-4EE6-BDA1-49C8E830F4FB.jpeg6FF8F04F-EBE5-468F-9241-0BF5B5E1D9D1.jpeg

I always have vivid dreams while pregnant. The one that stands out mostly to me this time was one where I dreamed I was having triplets. They told me it was 3 boys and I was delivering them on my own in a hospital. So I kept pulling each baby out and the last one was a girl. I freaked that they were wrong about the gender because I'd have to pick a new name lol. And then I kept forgetting where I had put one of the babies and I'd find that one only to lose another somewhere.

Of course I've had tons others. All crazy and very realistic haha.

I've been having crazy vivid dreams too. I get night terrors ( full on sitting up screaming things) every now and then anyway . Unfortunately for my husband I've had 3 in the last week. Must scare the living daylights out of him. All the women in my family get them.

Sorry I’ve been mia lately, 9 weeks yesterday and nausea seems to have settled right down, I’ll have the odd day where I feel a little rough but for most days I feel great. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow but it’ll just be a phone call and then I should get a scan date within a fortnight, my local hospital have just lifted the restrictions and your partner is now allowed to come :happydance: I already have a gender scan booked for mid September and I already have a lot of little things bought too, babygrows, vests, knitted cardigans and hats, nappies, blankets. We haven’t told the kids yet so I’m eager to get my scan so that we can tell them it’s a killer keeping it a secret

Sorry I’ve been mia lately, 9 weeks yesterday and nausea seems to have settled right down, I’ll have the odd day where I feel a little rough but for most days I feel great. I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow but it’ll just be a phone call and then I should get a scan date within a fortnight, my local hospital have just lifted the restrictions and your partner is now allowed to come :happydance: I already have a gender scan booked for mid September and I already have a lot of little things bought too, babygrows, vests, knitted cardigans and hats, nappies, blankets. We haven’t told the kids yet so I’m eager to get my scan so that we can tell them it’s a killer keeping it a secret

That's great news about partner been able to go to scans now :) I'm only 6 weeks and wanting to tell kids but don't want to just yet it is definitely a killer :rofl: xx

That's great news about partner been able to go to scans now :) I'm only 6 weeks and wanting to tell kids but don't want to just yet it is definitely a killer :rofl: xx

I come so so close to telling them at about 6 weeks but somehow resisted. I know they’re both going to be so excited so I can’t wait to finally share the news, plus I want to look at all my baby things without having to do it at 11pm sneakily while they’re asleep haha!!

I come so so close to telling them at about 6 weeks but somehow resisted. I know they’re both going to be so excited so I can’t wait to finally share the news, plus I want to look at all my baby things without having to do it at 11pm sneakily while they’re asleep haha!!

I no what you mean it really is hard keeping it to yourself :( I've been so sick lately and they arw like what's up mam :blush: xx

For those not on FB (if you want to be and aren’t yet, message me and I’ll send you the info. I prefer not to put that info on a public forum here for anyone to see) but I got my SneakPeek results back.

ITS A :pink:

They claim 99.1% accuracy. I’m not going out shopping yet, but pretty excited!!

For those not on FB (if you want to be and aren’t yet, message me and I’ll send you the info. I prefer not to put that info on a public forum here for anyone to see) but I got my SneakPeek results back.

ITS A :pink:

They claim 99.1% accuracy. I’m not going out shopping yet, but pretty excited!!
I’ve been dying to do get one of those but for £70 I wouldn’t totally trust it enough to go out shopping for stuff so I’m on the fence, oh is more than happy to go for it, was think I might discuss it with him tonight

Oh yeah I don’t. I didn’t even trust the blood test from my OB with DD lol. Waited until I saw the bits! Haha

I would trust the sneak peak. Isn't it pretty much the same thought as how an nipt works with gender? As long as it doesn't get contaminated. I haven't used one, I'm just assuming that's the same method used from blood. I've done several nipt tests and they are never wrong for me.

We have already told our kids haha. My kids are always so excited they're really the only ones truly happy about it. I can't hide my exhaustion and sickness anyways. We usually tell them between 4 and 5 weeks. They know before anyone else does.

I’m sure a girl result is very accurate it’s the boy result that is more inaccurate due to cross contamination with any male in the household.

I probably would have told them by now blessed but I had a chemical the cycle before I fell pregnant this time which was my first loss plus they can’t keep anything to themselves :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->