*March & April 2021*

I only have to go once a week week now, every Thursday. So that's something.

I've been having very mild period pain type twinges for most of the afternoon evening. I dont think it's anything real, she's just letting me know that she's getting ready

How is everyone doing? Yay Its April! Now if I can just make it past April 1st lol

Due date tomorrow, I've been feeling all sorts of intense braxton hicks nearly constantly during this week. Getting lots of pain at the bottom of my bump too, I'm not sure if it could be pre-labour? I don't remember having anything like this with my other 2 so maybe its just her position hitting a nerve or something.
I have an appointment today and doctor had offered a cervix check and I presume a sweep too but I'm not sure if I want either really, I kind of just want to see if baby will come on her own time.

Happy April, it's our birth month... finally.

I'm suffering with horrible sciatica and pains low on my belly, they are more like light period pains though. I've had no braxton hicks as yet.

Currently sat in the car park waiting for my MW appt, fully expecting to be sent upnthe hospital again today. At least it's at a more decent time today. Also had a really upset tummy last night.

Yay @sunnydee due date tomorrow. How exciting. We should have have our baby here in 3 weeks.

Ah brilliant that's great you didn't need to go to the hospital!
Had my last appointment today, she tried to do a cervix check and could barely even reach it was so far back and closed! So no hope of a sweep anyway. I guess its time to start trying all the tricks to get baby moving!

Yes it’s April! Though my money is still on a May baby for me...

@Nixnax you look great! So sorry about the back pain. Hope it eases soon!

@sunnydee aah so close! When did your other babies come?

I am way bigger than I was in any other pregnancy. I’m self-conscious in public!!

A4D00FAB-DDD4-4F1B-B74A-CCE6F301C968.jpeg

@MrsKatie my bump is the same I feel so self conscious I don't even want to go out for a walk I'm waddling so bad now, better wait till it gets dark lol
My 1st came at 40+6 and 2nd came at 40+1 so I'm really hoping to avoid induction. The doctor has scheduled one for 41weeks

Hi all! @Nixnax so glad to hear you didn’t need another hospital appointment!

sorry everyone is starting to feel the UGH feelings of the last few weeks, but hopefully it won’t be too much longer for you all!

I have 17 days until my section. Think we are going to get the baby stuff down from the attic today so I can get the clothes washed and sorted etc, which will make it all very real.

I’ve been suffering so horribly with my sickness this week, I’m absolutely miserable most days

Just popping in to wish all you ladies well :) I hope babies don't have you waiting too long. My first two were both 42 weekers but hope that isn't the case for your guys! :flow:

Ugh I’m so bummed, I tested positive for GBS :(

this risks me out of a water birth and they recommend antibiotics during labor, which makes me profoundly uncomfortable. But not taking the Antibiotics makes me profoundly uncomfortable too!

it also means I can’t have a water birth :(

@Deethehippy awww thank you lovely

@MrsKatie I know how you feel. I can't have a water birth either now. That's what I wanted. I have to go to the main hospital delivery suite because of the induction and they don't have pools. It sucks giant balls. What is GBS? Not sure I've heard of that.

@doggylover blimey, you are only just doing it. I did it all months ago, I'm just sat waiting now.

I spent all of last night thinking I might go into labour. My dog has stepped a gear with being wierd. She will not leave my side and sits beside me trembling.... most odd. She must sense something

@doggylover ah sorry you aren't feeling great this week, exciting getting all the baby stuff ready though, fair play waiting this long to get them washed!

@MrsKatie ahh that's too bad about GBS, they don't routinely test for it here but I think they do when admitted during labour which sounds a bit late to me. Maybe you could get another test closer to 40 weeks and see if it's changed?

Still no labour here! I thought tonight might be it, timed regular contractions for an hour and then it stopped, they weren't very strong but I could feel them in my back so a bit different from my regular braxton hicks. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow in full labour! I'm so ready!!

@MrsKatie oh I’m so sorry to hear about your GBS. I agree about getting another test closer to labour, because I have heard that it can change quite quickly. Hopefully whatever happens you can come to an arrangement you feel happy with when you go in to labour.

@Nixnax they do say dogs have special senses! I honestly wouldn’t have even done the baby stuff this weekend, but it’s my daughter’s birthday next weekend so I didn’t want to have to do it then. Remember this is my 4th, and I’ve never gone in to labour early, so I have no reason to be prepared early! :haha:

@sunnydee ohhhhh sounds like something might be starting!!!! So exciting for you! I hope it does progress for you during the night, will be thinking of you x

So I forgot how small newborns are. All the baby clothes are tiny! I thought it was all my nephew’s premature stuff but nope. It’s all the regular newborn stuff. I also forgot until yesterday what a buggar newborns are to get dressed :haha: trying to shove their wee arms in to vests and sleeves is always a tricky moment!

@doggylover haha this is true. You are more well practiced at this than I am. I love the tiny clothes. A pain to hang out tondry though, takes ages.

37 weeks today yay!!! Baby is fully baked. Should have my induction date by the 16th. Getting excited now. OH is getting excited now as well which is nice to see. He was like a rabbit in the headlights until recently

@doggylover haha this is true. You are more well practiced at this than I am. I love the tiny clothes. A pain to hang out tondry though, takes ages.

37 weeks today yay!!! Baby is fully baked. Should have my induction date by the 16th. Getting excited now. OH is getting excited now as well which is nice to see. He was like a rabbit in the headlights until recently

It’s funny because you do a load of baby laundry and it doesn’t seem like loads but because everything is so small it’s actually a billion little bits to hang!

For some reason I thought your induction date was 19th, I dunno where I got that! So glad to hear your husband is gearing up for everything now, it won’t be long! I am definitely starting to get excited now about a teeny newborn (and also terrified about it, because I still don’t feel grown up enough to be allowed to look after babies :haha:)

It’s funny because you do a load of baby laundry and it doesn’t seem like loads but because everything is so small it’s actually a billion little bits to hang!

For some reason I thought your induction date was 19th, I dunno where I got that! So glad to hear your husband is gearing up for everything now, it won’t be long! I am definitely starting to get excited now about a teeny newborn (and also terrified about it, because I still don’t feel grown up enough to be allowed to look after babies :haha:)

Ah I know what you mean. I did a wash the other day, was only half a load and ran out of space to hang it haha.

I will be induced the week of the 19th. I will be 39 weeks on the 19th, so I'm hoping it's that date. Depends on beds available I guess.

Looool hubby said that..... I can't believe they just send you home with a baby... thats very trusting of them :rofl: oh I did laugh. I'm ready now, im getting lots of little upper belly pain today, I think its just gas.... well I hope it is

Ah I know what you mean. I did a wash the other day, was only half a load and ran out of space to hang it haha.

I will be induced the week of the 19th. I will be 39 weeks on the 19th, so I'm hoping it's that date. Depends on beds available I guess.

Looool hubby said that..... I can't believe they just send you home with a baby... thats very trusting of them :rofl: oh I did laugh. I'm ready now, im getting lots of little upper belly pain today, I think its just gas.... well I hope it is

I’m with your husband on that! I still remember leaving hospital with our first and honestly thinking they’d stop us on the way out because how in earth could we possibly look after a baby?! :haha:

I have definitely had enough now. I am finding this last slog really hard.

Well. I'm Still pregnant! 4 days over now and feeling completely fed up. I'm exhausted and don't want to get out of bed, every evening I have about 2 hours of regular contractions that just stop, so frustrating! I should have just expected to go past due date from the start lol

Well. I'm Still pregnant! 4 days over now and feeling completely fed up. I'm exhausted and don't want to get out of bed, every evening I have about 2 hours of regular contractions that just stop, so frustrating! I should have just expected to go past due date from the start lol

Oh that must be incredibly frustrating every evening. Have your HCP got a plan for if you get much further over?

Yes I'm booked for an induction on the 9th! So only 2 days left but I was really hoping to go into labour myself. Either way baby will be here by this weekend so I'm excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->