*March & April 2021*

Yes I'm booked for an induction on the 9th! So only 2 days left but I was really hoping to go into labour myself. Either way baby will be here by this weekend so I'm excited!

Ah my first baby was induced on 9th April and born on 10th! She’s 8 on Saturday, so maybe she’ll get a little birthday buddy!!

@sunnydee oh bless you. That's no fun, teasing you with contractions that just stop.

@doggylover I think I'll feel the same. Will have to run out the hospital with her before they stop me.

So... im up the hospital.... yet again. Been here 2 hours and not been seen yet. The MW told me to pack a bag as they could change the plan at any moment now. So that's my story today. I'm ready.... get out baby

I was upbthe hospital for 5 hours the doctor said I didn't really need to be there as my levels were low. Didn't get home until 11pm. Fed up with it all now. Im not going next week unless my levels are high. I have a final growth scan and consultant appt on weds next week, think I'll be telling them off for creating such a pointless plan. Nearly at the end.....

I was upbthe hospital for 5 hours the doctor said I didn't really need to be there as my levels were low. Didn't get home until 11pm. Fed up with it all now. Im not going next week unless my levels are high. I have a final growth scan and consultant appt on weds next week, think I'll be telling them off for creating such a pointless plan. Nearly at the end.....

That’s ridiculous, you must be so frustrated with all the back and forth they have you doing.

Yes @sunnydee can’t wait for an update!

how is everyone feeling?

I am 38 weeks today and feel SO overwhelmed with everything that has to get done before baby gets here. I am so excited to meet this baby but don’t feel “ready” to have a newborn in the mix at all!

I'm doing ok thanks. Getting many aches and pains now. This time next week I should know my induction date. It'll be my last weekend as a couple.

I spent yesterday getting the crib set up in the bedroom and moving the pram downstairs. Everything is in its place now. We just need a baby.

I cant believe I'm gonna be a mum in just over a week. I dont feel grown up enough

@Nixnax I still feel not grown up enough! And my eldest is 8 today. But I always feel like I am somehow not as grown up as other mums, like I haven’t earned my "mum stripes" so to speak (just for reference I am 34, so not a young mum or anything!) I just always feel like I’m too immature, it’s hard to explain. I always feel that other mums know more than me, and that they have all the answers while I’m always struggling to work out what is best, and failing half the time! I’m not sure if other people feel like this, or I’m just really shit at the job :haha:

@MrsKatie what all do you need to get done before baby arrives? Hopefully they don’t make an early appearance and surprise you!

I am doing ok, just feeling enormous (also looking enormous, because I’m enormous!) and knackered. It’s my eldest 's birthday today and with lockdown restrictions etc we had two parties to make sure she saw people but not too many at a time, so it was non stop all day and now I am exhausted. 10 days until my section date, so the countdown is well and truly on.

@doggylover Happy belated birthday to your eldest. Hope you all had a lovely day. Haha I'm sure I'll muddle through. I'm 37 and this being my first feels a little odd. I wanted all babies done by 28, but im glad I waited. I would have had them with the complete wrong person. Eeeek not long at all. Our babies will probably share birthdays, that's so cool.

@MrsKatie do you feel like they'll make an early appearance? You normally go over don't you?

@sunnydee how are you doing? Hope baby arrived safely. Looking forward to pics

@doggylover Happy belated birthday to your eldest. Hope you all had a lovely day. Haha I'm sure I'll muddle through. I'm 37 and this being my first feels a little odd. I wanted all babies done by 28, but im glad I waited. I would have had them with the complete wrong person. Eeeek not long at all. Our babies will probably share birthdays, that's so cool.

@MrsKatie do you feel like they'll make an early appearance? You normally go over don't you?

@sunnydee how are you doing? Hope baby arrived safely. Looking forward to pics

My sister was 37 when she had her first, my friend was 39 and my aunt was 40 (and she had her 3rd at 46!) so I think that’s actually a relatively normal age for first babies these days. Although I imagine when they refer to you as geriatric it possibly stings a bit :haha: Here we are geriatric if over 35, which I will be in July, so I’m just getting in there!!

Ugh I am so tired today. I find I try and cram so much housework in to the weekend mornings, and I’m soooooo slow at it now that I just end up exhausted! Bright side - only one weekend left until my husband takes the reins for a few weeks. Down side.... he’s not up to my standard when he cleans :rofl:

Haha I was so offended when the said geriatric. I still feel 18, how dare you call me geriatric :rofl:. As I'm one of the last of my friends to have a baby, I've not had to buy much. I've been given enough clothes to see her through the first year. I'm ordering the car seat today. I'm thinking Joie 360 Spin, looks like it'll last a good long while.

Ugh I'm dealing with a poorly OH today. He had his 2nd covid jab yesterday and he's all shivery and moany. I'll get my own back when I'm in labour.

What's the rules where you regarding partners and labour? Here he won't be allowed in until I'm 4cm.... I really hope the induction doesn't take long. He's then allowed to stay 2 hours after baby has arrived, then a 2 hour visit per day after. Hopefully we'll home before that point. I guess with your section he'll be in for that, how long is he allowed to stay after? I was hoping after 12th April the rules would be relaxed, but that doesn't look like its going to be the case in England :shrug:

@Nixnax that is absurd, if he’s going to be allowed in he should be able to just stay with you! Coming and going makes for way more exposure than just being with you. I swear everyone has lost their common sense when it comes to Covid. I just learned I actually CAN have a water birth with a GBS positive result... but if I test positive for Covid I can’t. And no one can tell me why. Cause it makes no sense! I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

@doggylover I hear you, everywhere I look there’s a new project I want to do or declutter or reorganize before baby gets here and it’s totally exhausting and overwhelming. My toddler threw 2 bowls of oatmeal all over the rug/floor today and I nearly cried— it’s so hard to clean up the floor (my oldest helped me, she’s amazing) because of my size and I also feel like I can’t do the bigger things when I’m so crammed with work just with the day-to-day demands and can’t keep up!

Oh and I don’t think I’ll have an early baby, no. My guess is early May at 41+ weeks

Hi everyone! Baby arrived safely early Saturday morning, she is perfect. We are all so in love with her, got home from the hospital yesterday and settling in, the kids are so besotted. Induction went well and delivery was very fast and intense but still perfect and I'm delighted with how everything went considering it was my last one!

Congratulations @sunnydee!! Delighted to hear it all went so well for you. Hope you are feeling well?

@Nixnax yes my husband should be allowed up with me while we wait for my section slot. We had a room last time so should be ok in there. No idea how long he can stay afterwards, tbh. Will ask at my pre op on Friday. And he’s allowed a one hour visit once a day after that. Hopefully it won’t be too long that I’m in! We have the joie 360 and it’s great. My toddler uses it atm, but we have a baby car seat for when wee one arrives. My son used it as well from he was about 9months until he was almost 4. It’s a great seat!

@MrsKatie I feel you. A lot of things that fall in our house are just left at the minute as I just can’t get down that far!

Ugh so my whole pregnancy has been accompanied by extreme nausea, non stop from 4 weeks on the dot (now 38 weeks)

but today I actually threw up for the first time since my first pregnancy. I can not wait for next Tuesday.

So after weeks of being told baby is huge, having to go for a GTT because of large gestational size, and generally being told I’m having a monster baby at every appointment....
Today the midwife measures me and says I’m measuring far too small. I’ve to go for a growth scan on Thursday (she wanted it tomorrow but they couldn’t fit me in) and said if baby is “too small” it’ll have to come out this weekend. I’m not worried at all, I dunno how they can swap between it being enormous and it not being big enough so quickly.

But it did make me go and get the things for my hospital bag on the way home, just in case :haha:

Well my hospital updated their rules on Monday... yay!!! My partner is allowed in for the induction. I'm so relieved. Him... not so much, he thought he had a get out of jail free card :rofl:

Screenshot_20210413-191137_Chrome.jpg

Got my final growth scan today, taking a bag to the hospital as a just in case as I haven't had much good luck recently. Getting close ladies

@Nixnax that’s great news that he’ll be allowed with you the whole time, what a very timely change they made! Hope your scan goes well today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->