march lambs 2010 come on ladies

tiger - I love the tattoo you are getting!!!!

ph - glad to hear Zander is a healthy growing boy!!!

Sam has been sleeping good overnight - however he does not want to go to bed at 7pm and gets up at 5.30am (just now that I started work on Monday), all that while sleeping less during the day well. I figure he needs a little time of adjustment as well.

Ph - aw I know they're growing up. It's like I'm starting to think of Flora as a kid not a baby.. weird huh. He is growing well my dear! Flora can't be much more than 18lbs and she is certainly short. I bought some 6-12 months pyjamas today and the bottoms are about 3 inches too long! How on earth a 6 month old would fit them I have no idea.

Julchen - I work for the Royal College of Anaesthetists which is the profesisonal body for Anaesthetists in the UK. Mostly I design their literature and branding material and run the website, but occasionally I'm involved in a project (e.g. writing a clinical or good practice guideline) from start to finish - I don't have any medical background but I do some proofreading and basic editing, and obviously taking notes at really long meetings full of long words!

Computers and medicine are really hand in hand these days. I am sure there would be a tonne of jobs out there! The young doctors coming up in the ranks all have iphones and are on twitter etc and IT is becoming a massive thing in hospitals, the old boys clubs are all going to be retired soon enough. Where are you from originally Jul?

OK off to bed nighty night.

Julchen - I've worked for the NHS since I left uni, mainly doing support roles and I've worked with clinicians and the decision makers, so I know how hard the balance can be between the two. My new job is as an information analyst, so I'll have to pull lots of data from our IT systems, analyse it, write reports etc to show how we are performing and meeting targets, and help the hospital plan what resources are needed and when. A pen-pusher, basically! :haha:

PH - wow he's going to be a big boy!

GL- I've been on that website quite a few times! I used to go on there a lot when I was trying to organise the clinical audit programme for our anaesthetics dept.

Tiger - tattoo is lovely! I like the keyhole detail :flower: Good luck getting it done x

Nice tat design tiger.
cocoa - I post everywhere. I like to surf all the forums :haha:

:cake: Gabriel -- 1 down, 17 to go!

Also, the second tooth still hasn't come through, so he's got exactly 1 tooth on his 1st birthday :rofl:

Awwww!!! Happy Birthday Gabriel!!!! Hope you guys have a great day. :flower:

GL, Cocoa - both of your jobs sound really interesting to me. I am orginially from Germany, now stuck :haha: in damn freezing cold Canada...it is March and still -20 and snowing :cry:

My crazy kid got up at 4.45am! All chatty and happy to play! :dohh: We also caught ourselves a nice computer virus last night...so now I am trying to fix our laptop besides working. Hopefully I can rescue all the data and then probably just wipe it clean and reinstall everything. I hate doing that! :growlmad:

MM - I saw on facebook that you got to meet Lynn and her boys! That is sooo cool! Sounds like you had a great time.

Happy birthday Gabriel!! Did he like the ice cream cake?

M is driving me mental - whinging constantly and mega clingy. I think it might be the top teeth shifting about :-(

Happy Birthday Gabriel! =)

CocoaOne, hope M will settle down soon. Eleanor too is having, presumably, teething problems. She's refused her morning nap for the last few days, but this morning at 10am she started waving 'night night' at everything. Left me more than a little confused. Gave her some snacks, but she wasn't interested. Took her up at 10:15 and she was out of it in seconds, actually slept for an hour and a half.

When she got back up she just wanted cuddles, proper head on chest / shoulder cuddles. Haven't had them since she was a few weeks old. She fell asleep again on me, which never ever happens. We then took a trip to Tesco to buy a thermometer, she's got a slightly raised temp but nothing servere. She was asleep on the way over and on the way back home, but cheerful enough in the trolley.

Had lunch and she started a tiredness cry again + wanted boob. She hasn't had boob during the day in about 2 months, so that's odd. Went upstairs, laid down with her and she fell asleep within 30 seconds, and has been asleep since (just over an hour now).

DH said she nearly fell asleep during her nappy change. She usually fights her nappies, screams, cries, rolls away, crawls away etc. She laid there and nearly fell asleep. Nappy was very full and runny too =/

Hope it's teeth (she's got 5 so far) and she isn't getting ill 2 days before her 1st birthday!

We haven't had any ice cream cake yet. I'm at work, so probably will break it out after dinner tonight and do a quick Skype session with my OH's parents and then a phone call to mine.

Oh I hope Elanor calms down soon, M is like that too - especially wanting BF more than usual. Fingers crossed she'll be right as rain for her birthday! What are you doing? I know you've told us but there are so many birthdays, I keep getting confused!

As I moved country all of my family are in Holland, and DH only has his mum and his brother here who he sees really. I don't care much for his brother, so that leaves just his mum. Didn't really see the point of a 4 people party so we're hoping to go away for her birthday.

Planning Chester Zoo on Sunday, a night in a hotel and the Blue Planet on Monday. Just 2 days of fun family time out. Haven't booked the hotel yet, was going to do so today but with her not being well I don't want to. Will have to see how she's doing tomorrow

Happy Birthday Gabriel!!! I hope you had a fun day. I had some ice=cream cake last night at the pub but it wasn't very nice :nope: I'm sure your will be delicious though.

Cocoa - Urgh I hate our current website now. It was slick a couple of years ago but its suffered from the everyone wanting their really important stuff on the homepage problem. We are currently tendering for a new provider for the next phase of the website. And audit - well I am also currently working on the 3rd edition of the compendium of audit recipes (AKA the audit recipe book :haha:), I did the last one as well. I wonder if you used any of them??

Jul - my sympathies. I am completely over the winter. Every year by the end of winter I just get so fed up of it, and its not Canada its a balmy 3 or so degrees in London. I thought you were from Germany. I gets pretty cold there doesn't it? (ETA I mean I thought I remember you saying you were from Germany. I just re-read it and it sounded like me saying you should be able to handle the cold if you're from Germany!! how rude!) I'm sure Canada will pull out all the stops in Spring and summer.

Erised - I wonder what it is, probably the tooth, but could be a little illness. Flora has a bit of a cold again. Seems to be every other week at the moment. And she is the same nightmare to change its driving me nuts. I can't wait till she can dress herself, that will be fun!

Oh and the second tooth has definitely broken through here. So that explains the wakings in the last couple of nights and the slight clingyness. We are sleeping in her room tonight as friends are staying. She has been coughing and sniffling all evening (all quiet now though), just hope she's not going to make noises all night. We had swimming today and she loved it. Out of 8 babies there were 6 girls all in pink costumes! 4 of whom were with dads, which was nice to see.

Here's a recent pic just for the fun, she's always trying to climb up on me and the dessing gown has convenient ropes!

IMG_2229.jpg

Gabriel loved the ice cream right up until he got freezer brain, but he didn't stop trying to eat it :haha:

Attachments

• cakecloseup_sm.jpg
    cakecloseup_sm.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 5
  • cakeface_sm.jpg
    cakeface_sm.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5
Belated happy birthday Gabriel! I love the pic of him digging into his cake. Roman likes eating frozen fruit and i always wonder if he ever gets brain freeze from it.

We're off home to Oz in 9 days, Ronan is in the midst of a cold and I'm in the beginning of having caught his, so things are fun around here. I'm not getting a whole lot of sleep. :wacko:

Hivechild - where in OZ will u be and for how long ?

Hivechild - where in OZ will u be and for how long ?

The Brisbane area for a month from March 14 through April 18.

If my family still lived where I grew up (near Mackay), I'd be much closer to Townsville!

ill be in brisbane then !! we are going to brisbane from the 17th-23rd for jesses birthday. :D

we should! gosh lynn and andi meeting up and now this !

Evening!

I hope everyones having a good weekend.

Seity-Happy birthday for yesterday Gabriel :hugs: Sorry it's late, I just havnt been on much! That cake looks so yum!

GL-That pic is so cute!
yay for more teeth! Ella's 3rd one is getting bigger now and its so random its just a random side tooth with no front teeth lol.

HC and Tiger- Exciting you girls might get to meet up!!! :dance:

I took Ella to Willowbank on Friday which was fun! Then Lynn from here came round to visit with her boys in the afternoon, then my friend Kimlea came over and we watched a movie. Saturday my mum and sister came over and today me and Ella went out to Kaiapoi to my friends girl's 1st birthday. Then FIL came round after that. I've also been working on Ella's video that I am making for her for her birthday.

It's now come into autumn and I can already feel the cold. I dont like cold :grr:

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->