March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

My nausea left about week 11 and heartburn set in, been on ranitidine since week 14, which really helps, lots of gaviscon too. Diet has had to alter and recently I can't eat as much, which is frustrating as I'm a greedy pig!

Did you get ranitidene from Dr's? I know you can buy it but not sure if dr prescribes higher strength. My dr prescribed it in my last pregnancy but it didn't help. Omeprazole did the trick for me but I was much later in pregnancy then. I drank literally bottles of gaviscon. I think I need to change eating habits, eating little but often.
I was convinced Isaac would have loads of hair based on the old wives take re heartburn...... He didn't lol.

My nausea left about week 11 and heartburn set in, been on ranitidine since week 14, which really helps, lots of gaviscon too. Diet has had to alter and recently I can't eat as much, which is frustrating as I'm a greedy pig!

From a quick search it looks like my prescribed ranitidine is twice the strength of the shop floor stuff. Omeprazole is meant to be more effective, but slightly higher risks to babber, and as I was still in first tri I wanted lower risks. I'd happily go in to omeprazole if needed now though.

Thanks Mama Duck. I may make a Dr appointment over it. Gaviscon isn't really helping so I may need the better stuff now x x

Ranitidine is just Zantac, so you were able to get a stronger prescription than 150's???

I had really bad heart burn too but for some reason it isn't as bad as before.....I haven't taken any zantac for week now....I will take it as it comes.....as I know I usually get it near the end again.

I'm finally getting the nursery together!

#budgetbaby cost so far!

Quinny travel system with carseat and bassinet $300
Crib $90
Glider $130
Dresser $60 [sanded it and refinished it this weekend]
Carpet $15
All decorations $4 [thrift store sheets!]

https://i59.tinypic.com/xogqi8.jpg

https://i59.tinypic.com/14abg9i.jpg

And I stopped by the fabric store and bought a ton of fabric for receiving blankets, and some muslin which I've been hand stamping all day!

https://i57.tinypic.com/23sf960.jpg

How's everyone else's nursery coming along?

I got 150s, my quick search said our zantac was only 75? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong mind? More importantly in the UK, we get free prescriptions when pregnant, so for stuff that you're going to end up paying a lot for, it's better to get it prescribed. I buy my own brand gaviscon because I get it so cheap, but get anything more expensive prescribed.

Stuck - gorgeous nursery! Ours is so far not coming along at all, but I've contacted some companies to get the floor fixed, so that's a start!

Thanks curly. I've gotten into a crazy nesting phase! I just want to get it all done and out of the way! Ha ha ha

Shame about your floors :/ we had to redo our entire house when we bought it. Thankfully the rental we are in is all carpet!

Nursery looks great stuck!

AMP, oh no! Don't give up hope - I've heard of plenty of people not passing the one hour but passing the 3 hour. FX for you!!!

I got 150s, my quick search said our zantac was only 75? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong mind? More importantly in the UK, we get free prescriptions when pregnant, so for stuff that you're going to end up paying a lot for, it's better to get it prescribed. I buy my own brand gaviscon because I get it so cheap, but get anything more expensive prescribed.

Oh well that may be for you guys. Free sounds good to me ;)

Great looking nursery Stuck!!:thumbup:

AMP I failed my 1 hr with my last baby but passed the 3hr.

My heartburn is always bad- from long before I was pregnant. It actually got better when I got pregnant for awhile because I wasn't drinking coffee or alcohol which are triggers for it. Lately it's been a bit worse though, so I might go to the GP and get something.

AMP- sorry about the 1 hour test! I hope you pass the next one. I'm a tiny bit excited that people in this group are already at the point of GD testing- sorry!

Here's the state of our nursery :haha: We're going to wait until Jan when we have some time off to move the current things in there to the other spare room or the loft, and then do some decorating (new carpet, paint the walls). So I don't think we'll be buying any furniture for a few more months.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 5
Haven't even thought about the nursery yet..... its very dependant on if we have a boy or girl really. If we have a boy Isaacs room is already done beautifully for a boy and eventually they would share, but initially baby would go in spare room which is tiny but we would likely keep it simple, reuse canvas prints and bedding that Isaac had as a baby. If it's a girl I plan to do the spare room a nice subtle pink, with some bunting and nice girlie prints. I try not to peg the nursery too young as I like it to do 2 years or so........ If its a girl we will be getting a sliding door as the door opening into the room takes up a massive space in a very small room and if it's a girl she would be in there for the forseable future as we wouldn't put Isaac and a girl together, just our personal preference I guess and definitely no plans to move anytime soon.
We find out next Tuesday what we are having.

I have been blessed with a lie in this morning whilst hubby took Isaac to nursery so I took the opportunity just to lie still and focus on baby and I felt some great movement. This reassures me greatly. I'm so pleased.

Stuck, nursery looks great. We haven't started yet but our guest room, which will be nursery is already a nice blue and want to get some wall stickers and curtains. Just bought a changing table on eBay for £10, need to buy cot soon too.

Having a wonderful time in Spain. Went to watch the Althetico Madrid game and a spa yesterday. 2 more days here. Bliss.

Hope you are all keeping well. Sorry about your test AMP, have mine in a few wks. We don't have a 1 hour here. Think I'm straight in on a 3 hour.

Hi ladies :hi:

I'm exactly 19 weeks pregnant today :happydance: However not really felt any movements from LO yet :( When I listen to baby's heart on the Doppler I swear I can hear the movements too :shrug:

My nursery I have ideas but cant start it until we move house!

On the plus side me and my OH been together exactly 3 years today!! Were going go out for a meal tonight :cloud9:

Happy anniversary Sarah!

I still haven't felt movement yet either, 20 weeks tomorrow but I can hear it on the Doppler :)

Enjoy your dinner out!

Thank you :flower:

Im the same with my LO can only hear the movements on the Doppler.

bigbelly, sorry to hear little man has been giving you a scare with the episodes of bleeding. Fc for no more! :hugs: My bump feels a bit tender sometimes too, especially in the mornings.
Stuck, your nursery is coming on lovely :) I really like the muslins. I must say the big muslins I had with DD2 was such a useful baby item. I used them to swaddle her early on then as a sunshade, light blanket, surface for her to lie on etc :thumbup:
AMP, sorry to hear that! Like Lily said it's straight to the 3 hour here so fingers crossed you pass that one. Did you had GD with your daughter?
Happy anniversary Sarah, hope you enjoyed your meal out :flower:

Don't worry sarahlou, you will feel movement in no time!

Bigbelly aw hopefully you can rest easy soon and the bleeding scares stop!!! Hugs to you!

We finally agreed on a name for this little girl! Ayla Makenzie, pronounced eye-luh! Hopefully we don't change our minds like we did with our first lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->