March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Can I join you all? I was originally in an April due date group but my edd change to march 31st at my 12 week scan I just haven't got round to changing group yet.

We went for a walk in the woods and opened up our card today-

Please change me to Team Pink! :pink:

Yay Fezzle, I'd been wondering when you'd get to find out over the weekend! Congrats on your little girl!

Congrats and welcome to team :pink: Fezzle! :happydance:

If anyone wants to use one of the March Monkeys 2016 team banners the codes for them are in a post I made on page 258. :flower:

Our Halloween was great. I spent the early part of the day shopping around for baby clothes and nursery things with my MIL and we brainstormed some great and inexpensive ways to turn our extra bedroom into a luxurious nursery fit for a princess. I can't wait to start on all of the projects and finally get to see the finished product. :cloud9: <3
In the evening we took DS out for his first time Trick 'r Treating and while he seemed pretty confused he had fun going out and getting dressed up. He went as Batman. After that we came home and passed out candy to Trick 'r Treaters while we watched a scary movie. :D

These past few weeks have been no fun. I have this horrible itching rash everywhere! The dermatologist biopsied it and I have a rare condition known as pemphigoid gestationis. 1/50,000 pregnancies and a 35% chance of complications such as SGA and preterm delivery. I'm nervous and counting down to viability and each scan (I will be having lots).

Had to look it up I had never heard of it before ! Sounds dreadful and very uncomfortable . Have they got you on any medication ? Is it helping . From what I have read it can get better near the end of your pg and breastfeeding really helps move it on ! Also from what I've read preterm is more likley in the third tri near the end . Try it worry but I know its so hard .

I see the MFM on tuesday for his final say on the plan of care. Most ladies have scans every week or every other week and NSTs etc. I am hopeful, LO is active and was 10 oz at 19+3, I just keep telling her to grow.

As for the meds, I take five MG of prednisone for my RA, but that's peanuts for this condition and the OB prescribed a steroid cream that works for about an hour and and half. :nope: She hasn't seen me, I doubt she'll give me the dose I need until she sees me, she probably thinks I am whining. I'm not, I can't sleep because I wake up itching, I am covered in red itching plaques. I see her in a little over a week, she'll change her mind.

Thanks! I'm excited about meeting our little girl now!

Welcome, youngmam!

Azure, you're in my thoughts! So sorry you're dealing with this condition! :(

Fezzle, CONGRATS on your little girl!!!! Little girls are just SO amazing - There's nothing like that mother-daughter bond! I'm so happy for you!

AFM, I have my 20 week scan on Wednesday! Looking forward to seeing my little man! :)

Fezzle, congrats on your pink bundle!! :D Also, I had the same type of top for Halloween! I got it with DD1 after we found out she was a girl so it has a wee bow on the skeleton's head, had to explain to people we don't actually know if this one is a girl or a boy lol!
Welcome youngmamttc :flower: I'm actually a Feb due date but both my previous children were late so i'm pretty sure this one will be too!
Keely, looking forward to seeing pics of your little girl's nursery i'm sure it will look beautiful :)
azure, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis :( Sounds really uncomfortable, hope you're able to get something better prescribed to ease the itching.

Failed my 3 hr...4 months of finger sticks lay ahead :cry: I know I should have already been eating better but this sucks! I love carbs!

bombshell: cute name! :) I'm thinking of a J name if we have girl number 3. Juliet or Judith are my favourites but no idea on middle names!
Fezzle: lovely scan pic and can't wait to find out whether you're blue or pink, are you going to do anything special for when you find out? :)
bigbelly, hope things settle down for you soon! Sounds like your upcoming holiday could be just what you need :hugs:
Sarah, I have PCOS but it doesn't seem to have affected me fertility-wise, I just get the superficial symptoms (hair, skin etc!) and irregular cycles.
AMP, hope your 3 hour test went OK? I know what you mean about fasting, I love my breakfast so it's like torture not to have it during pregnancy :wacko:
Curly, in my last pregnancy I used one of those curved pillows which was OK but I didn't find it any better or worse than just a normal bed pillow. I didn't have a massive amount of discomfort at night though, I get all my pregnancy symptoms in the day instead lol!
NDH, so neat you're seeing movements already! I don't think I did with my previous 2 til past 30 weeks, but I do have a fair bit of extra padding :winkwink: Bet the girls are loving the chicks, my oldest's nursery had eggs in an incubator (they get returned to the farm when they hatch) and the kids all loved it, Nancy is always asking me if we can get chickens for the garden now :flower:
stuck that mobile is awesome! Love that you've chosen dinosaurs for your girly aswell :thumbup:

Welcome youngmamttc! :wave: :flower:

Azuregirl I hope that you can get some medicine that helps soon, I'm sorry that you've been so itchy and uncomfortable! :hugs:

Angela I'm sorry about the 3 hour test, that really sucks. :( :hugs:

Azure, your itching sounds horrendous, I really hope they can get you some decent meds and that your little one continues to grow well and stays put!

AMP, yuck to GD, I am dreading this, keep stabbing my finger with OHs test kit just to check. I am not eating particularly well, and we have diabetes in the family so I know I'll need to be tested at some point. Cannot wait :|

I have another midwife appointment tomorrow, to keep an eye on my mental health. Hoping it won't be too hard, as the last one was awful. Looking forward to hearing babbers heartbeat again though, only good thing!

Hi ladies,
azure and AMP, sorry for your different discomforts. Must be horrible.
What are the implications of failing the test AMP? Change diet? Medication? I have my test for it in 2 weeks.

I've been feeling pretty good, apart from the rash on my chest but I have been applying cream and seems to be getting better.

Fezzle, congrats on your girl! Lovely news.

We announced on fb this weekend:
https://s567.photobucket.com/user/L..._1933899817255470443_n2_zpsn6hlqfvc.jpg.html]https://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss112/Leila_Willis/12118664_10156212107820352_1933899817255470443_n2_zpsn6hlqfvc.jpg[/URL]

Sounds like most of you had a fun Halloween! Awesome! OH and I went to see beats Antique and danced for the first time in (and last time for) a long while.

Azure, sorry about your rash! Itching is so uncomfortable :( Does it help to use ice packs or any Cortizone (if that is safe for pregnant women).

Congrats on your DD Fezzle! :flower:

Also not sure if I have announced my due date for this group, just sort of popped in here. I am due 2 March 2016 and I'm team :yellow:

Going by my experience with dd - a change of diet to limit carbs and if that doesn't work medication (pills) worst case scenario they put you on insulin shots if the pills dont work (I dont remember what pill they put me on with dd but I didnt end up having to do insulin shots thank God) They also induced me a week early because I sucked at keeping my sugar levels in check. Trying to do better this time around.

Hi ladies,
azure and AMP, sorry for your different discomforts. Must be horrible.
What are the implications of failing the test AMP? Change diet? Medication? I have my test for it in 2 weeks.

I've been feeling pretty good, apart from the rash on my chest but I have been applying cream and seems to be getting better.

Fezzle, congrats on your girl! Lovely news.

We announced on fb this weekend:
https://s567.photobucket.com/user/L..._1933899817255470443_n2_zpsn6hlqfvc.jpg.html]https://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss112/Leila_Willis/12118664_10156212107820352_1933899817255470443_n2_zpsn6hlqfvc.jpg[/URL]

Word to the wise, pricking the side of your finger sucks a lot less than pricking the finger tip. I can barely feel it there. Also the glucometer I use (free style) only needs a tiny drop of blood to work so thats helpful for not having to lace a large amount (the lance I use has 4 puncture settings and luckily I can use the lowest one)

Azure, your itching sounds horrendous, I really hope they can get you some decent meds and that your little one continues to grow well and stays put!

AMP, yuck to GD, I am dreading this, keep stabbing my finger with OHs test kit just to check. I am not eating particularly well, and we have diabetes in the family so I know I'll need to be tested at some point. Cannot wait :|

I have another midwife appointment tomorrow, to keep an eye on my mental health. Hoping it won't be too hard, as the last one was awful. Looking forward to hearing babbers heartbeat again though, only good thing!

Also pricking the side of your finger leads to less nerve damage if you're a proper diabetic :p it's amazing how many health care people don't know this though. I do blood sugar tests at work and people are always surprised I do the side of the finger. I'm a diabetes dork, what with OH being a weird type 1. I would imagine you went on metformin last time btw AMP, or potentially gliclazide, but it's usually metformin.

Hi everyone :) lots of wiggling here tonight :) ilovefeeling it :) scan on Friday :) so will know team pink or blue :) I don't really mind .. All I want is team healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->