March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Lily - Cute announcement pic! :)

AMP - So sorry to hear about GD. Good luck with controlling it :hugs:

Lily, LOVE that announcement...what an original idea!

AMP, sorry about the GD lady, I'm a carb-whore too but have realized that I really need to reign it in before the doctor tells me that I HAVE to :/

Azure, so sorry about your itching! I have brachioradial pruritus and the itching is so intense that my forarms are usually covered in scabs because I just can't control the itch by normal means...ice packs sometimes help but it's a temporary fix. I've been using Eucerin eczema relief, it's steroid free so safe for pregnancy and really seems to help with the itching when I use it. It may be worth a shot....I know that pregnancy has really exacerbated my condition because of the weight gain so I was willing to try anything at all to make the itching stop.

Lilly that is such a cute announcement!

Azure that sucks about your rash. Doctors can be so insensitive. I hope they can get it managed for you soon.

Fezzle congrats on team pink! What's the count now?

We have our anatomy scan Thursday. I hope it goes smoother than the one we had with Sam.

Sounds like most of you had a fun Halloween! Awesome! OH and I went to see beats Antique and danced for the first time in (and last time for) a long while.

Azure, sorry about your rash! Itching is so uncomfortable :( Does it help to use ice packs or any Cortizone (if that is safe for pregnant women).

Congrats on your DD Fezzle! :flower:

Also not sure if I have announced my due date for this group, just sort of popped in here. I am due 2 March 2016 and I'm team :yellow:

Hydrocortisone is safe, but not as strong as the clabetasol cream I was given.

I have bruises and petechiae from all of the scratching I do, I can't stop. I wake at night and just scratch.

Love the announcement pic mama fox.

Hope everyone is well. Just had my scan. 90% sure its a boy, though baby lay awkwardly. Everything else ok. Baby measuring a week ahead xxxx

I'm exactly half way through my pregnancy today. 20 weeks :flower:

I definitely felt the baby move for the first time last night im sure of it, feels like someone kicking from the inside like a popping sensation. Scan tomorrow afternoon :cloud9:

Azure, oh goodness. That just does not sound fun. Duct tape mittens to your hand or something when you sleep! Or maybe try slapping the itch--that works for tattoos anyway

Dawn, yay for healthy baby! Are you going to try to see for sure if it's a boy later on?

Sarah, congrats on 20 weeks! GL at your scan and enjoy the movements while they are still cute~

Daisydreamer, we have growth scans booked for 30 weeks and 34 weeks so hopefully at one of those it will get confirmed.

I am so pleased baby is healthy and that my son will have a brother but a tiny part of me is sad I won't ever have a daughter as this is our last. But still so happy all looks well.
The boys can share a room when they get bigger meaning the smaller third bedroom can become a den area for them so they will have quite a lot of space.

Oooh, lots of gender announcements on here and still lots of scans to come.

Has anyone in the UK signed up for an NCT group? I'm starting in Dec to get my head around a few things and meet some mums in my area.

Thought about it last time but it seemed so expensive at the time. we just did the classes at the hospital which were really informative. I met lots of new mums at a tiny tots group after Isaac was born. I have however heard really good things about the NCT groups.

Oooh, lots of gender announcements on here and still lots of scans to come.

Has anyone in the UK signed up for an NCT group? I'm starting in Dec to get my head around a few things and meet some mums in my area.

Aww AMP sorry about the 3 hour, hope the GD is a bit easier to manage this time around :hugs:
Curly, hope your appointment went OK? I have another one with the mental health midwife in December but it involves a hospital trip so i'm considering skipping it and seeing if she could just chat with me over the phone. Will see how i'm doing nearer the time I guess.
Lily that announcement pic is so cute! I haven't done the NCT thing with any of my pregnancies but my friend who is due any day now has done and has found it useful so far. She said the group is fairly 'middle class' and I know that puts some people off but I don't think it matters really if you get a nice group of friends with similar aged babies out of it :thumbup:
Welcome DaisyDreamer and congrats :flower:
Left, good luck with your scan and finding out :D By the way what is your due date? I don't seem to have it on the first post.
jbell hope your scan goes well, will be lovely to see your little man again :)
Dawn, congrats on team blue. I bet your son will love having a little brother to share all his toys with (eventually!) :) This is our last baby too and I think if it's another girl i'll feel similar that i'll never get to experience having a son, especially as there are so many girls in our family already (last boy born in either family was my OH lol, we have our 2 girls, I have 1 sister and he has 3 sisters plus a niece!) but i'll come around and embrace whatever family dynamic we're meant to have :flower:

It's my baby girl's final cast change tomorrow! She should have this one on for 6 weeks or thereabouts so maybe off for good in time for Christmas, really hope so! Also (in pregnancy related news!) i've booked a 3D scan for when i'm 28 weeks. I got a good deal on Groupon for a fairly new place locally which has encouraging reviews so far, really looking forward to seeing this little one's face :happydance:

Also, just updated the first post with teams so will do a count for the thread title in a minute :) Anyone who hasn't found out yet or hasn't mentioned it elsewhere on BnB i've put as team yellow but will of course change when needed :thumbup:

Thanks Buttercup, great job on the front page! Wow, 24 boys! Lots of yellow bumps too though so may even out.

Dawn, always good to find the silver lining! And who knows, there's always that 10% it's pink :~)

Hi :) I'm hoping to find out on Friday :) I'm 21 weeks today and either due the 9th or 16 th of march . That too will be confirmed on Friday :) I'm getting very excited now ! Think ill do the baking soda test to see what that says today and then on Friday see if its right !!! Eeeek will I be team pink or blue !!!!

Thanks for the update, Buttercup! I'm excited for everyone still finding out!

:) I have come round to idea of boy now lol. I had my moment yesterday where I was a bit sad but I can't wait to get all Isaacs old things out, he had some gorgeous outfits and to see another one in them.
We have been looking at names (i say we, lol, hubby just humours me). Anyway our shortlist so far is
: Gabriel
: Elijah
: Malachi
: lucas
all would have James as a middle name.
I used to love the name Noah but for some reason I have gone off that.

Dawn, always good to find the silver lining! And who knows, there's always that 10% it's pink :~)

Congrats on team :blue: Dawn!

Left, GL on Friday!

Buttercup, you must be so excited! I never had a 3D but DH would never go for it :nope:

AFM, scan this afternoon! So excited to see my little man again :cloud9:

Dawn, great names! I really like Elijah James.

Is anyone thinking that they will end up delivering in Feb? According to my mom who never went full term she thinks I will end up delivering around Feb 24. What a strange lady!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->