March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

LittleLily, I haven't packed mine yet... feeling like I really probably should though... but I feel like there's a lot of stuff I should be doing and haven't yet! Still need to pick up a few things for little man & do some baby laundry... heck, he doesn't even have a room ready yet. Still waiting for DH to get a move on & finish up DD's big girl room so we can move her out of the nursery & start getting it ready for him!

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet either and don't plan to until 36 weeks. Right now our main focus is getting the nursery finished and having everything we need ready for Thea. At 35 weeks I'll preregister with my new hospital and take a tour of the maternity ward. I'm also planning to call the hospital today to see about the free childbirth classes they offer.

I haven't packed mine either......though I need to wash baby clothes first, but even before that I need buy something to put his clothing into. Once that is done I will look into packing my bag.

I haven't packed mine either......though I need to wash baby clothes first, but even before that I need buy something to put his clothing into. Once that is done I will look into packing my bag.

I have the perfect bags for me and Thea already but I also need to wash clothes and pack them. The ILs just finished the dresser this weekend so once we can get it over here and into the nursery I can finally start washing and putting away the clothes we have for her although I'm planning to shop for a lot more clothes after my baby shower as we don't have nearly enough.

I have the perfect bags for me and Thea already but I also need to wash clothes and pack them. The ILs just finished the dresser this weekend so once we can get it over here and into the nursery I can finally start washing and putting away the clothes we have for her although I'm planning to shop for a lot more clothes after my baby shower as we don't have nearly enough.

Hopefully you will get loads at the shower so you don't have to spend too much. :winkwink: You will have the rest of her life to buy clothes :haha:

Very true, Allforthegirl! Keely, since you probably already have most things left over from DS, I'm sure people will focus on buying you gender-specific clothing for your little girl! You'll probably get a lot! :flower: Good call on waiting until AFTER the shower to fill in where you need to!

I have packed, un-packed, and re-packed mine. DD helped back her baby brother's bag and I let her pick out the blanket I will cover him with bringing him back from the hospital. Every time she sees his bag she says "and thats the blanket I picked out for baby Michael!"

So yesterday while playing at my Mom's (I'm laying on the couch trying to breathe) DD puts her finger to her head like she is deep in thought and says "25th" "Baby Michael" I was like huh? Then I said, "do you mean baby Michael is coming the 25th?" and she said "yeah." Interestingly enough, I have had a feeling he would be coming during week 38. On the 25th of February I will be 38 weeks 5 days.:haha: Lets see if her prediction pans out!

I have packed, un-packed, and re-packed mine. DD helped back her baby brother's bag and I let her pick out the blanket I will cover him with bringing him back from the hospital. Every time she sees his bag she says "and thats the blanket I picked out for baby Michael!"

So yesterday while playing at my Mom's (I'm laying on the couch trying to breathe) DD puts her finger to her head like she is deep in thought and says "25th" "Baby Michael" I was like huh? Then I said, "do you mean baby Michael is coming the 25th?" and she said "yeah." Interestingly enough, I have had a feeling he would be coming during week 38. On the 25th of February I will be 38 weeks 5 days.:haha: Lets see if her prediction pans out!

Wow! That would be great! I really believe kids have an intuition about these things - I believe mine knew that I was pregnant (as she was talking about the baby in my belly 5 days before my positive pregnancy test at 10 DPO) & that our LO would be a boy, as she was insistent right from the start that it was baby Jacob in there! So cute with her picking out his blanket too! I might take a page from your book & let my DD pick out a blanket or outfit... or maybe both :haha:

I've gathered my hospital things (for both me and baby) but in one big suitcase, so in addition to still needing to wash the baby things, I want to transfer them into several smaller bags. We went on a hospital tour yesterday. DH is almost finished painting the nursery and the furniture will be delivered on Thursday. We're still waiting on the carpet too though. Our main issue though is that we still need a new car, and then a car seat- hopefully we'll get at least the car next week!

I think I have a UTI. I don't have any pain when I pee, but occasionally get that sort of pain randomly or with kicks? I have to pee more often and sometimes there's not much but it's hard so say what's just because of pregnancy. I have my 34 week appointment tomorrow which includes a urine test, so I guess I'll find out then.

Fezzle, make sure they test you for a UTI when they take your urine... with me, I expressed concerns about a possible UTI a while back, & they told me they always check for proteins, but not for a UTI unless you specify. Hopefully you don't have one!

Good luck with the car & carseat shopping!

I need to get my DD's old carseat out of my attic & change the crotch buckle, which was recalled (after DD outgrew it). Better make sure that's done soon.... I know there's 7 weeks left for me, but I'm really feeling like it's crunch time! Also started losing bits of my plug yesterday (even though I know it regenerates.... but I never lost bits with DD!)

Ooh AMP we may end up being induced the same day! How do you feel about it being on leap day? I don't mind personally as I think it would be quite a cool birthday but I know opinion was divided on here last time it came up :winkwink:
Dawn, did you decide about the CBT? I was offered this too but declined it in the end, I felt similar to you sort of overwhelmed with potential appointments. I'm keeping an eye on my mood though and know who to contact if I feel I want to pursue some further support once baby arrives. Hope you're doing OK :hugs:
Congrats to wwchix on the birth of baby Noah, glad to hear he's doing so well and breathing on his own :thumbup:
Really sad news about beankeeper's baby boy though, my thoughts are absolutely with her at this awful time :(
hopeful, gosh that must have been really frightening for you! Hope the bedrest helps and your baby boy can stay cooking a little while longer :hugs:

Afm, I have what should be my final growth scan tomorrow so hopefully baby won't give their gender away this late in the game :winkwink: As far as my hospital bag goes I have a list done and have most of it together but I need to wash all the baby's clothes first. I have loads to do around the house though, it feels so messy at the moment and the girls are being very demanding at the moment (think they know change is afoot!!) so I feel like I barely get chance to do anything then when they're both asleep i'm just exhausted myself :sleep: I'm sure it will all work out fine in the end though :flower:

Funny thing about child prediction, my eldest said he dreamt that baby would be born Feb 20th and he is very confident in it too. So we will see when Declan will make his appearance.

Feezle What you are describing sounds very normal for the last few weeks but definitely get it checked out. Kicks to the bladder or head on it isn't a good feeling at all

I really dont care one way or another if its a Leap Year or not. Im putting more stock in DD prediction for the 25th...she has been eerily accurate with things in the past...we joke that she is psychic lol

Beankeeper's angel boy has a name now, it's Caius Jonah. :angel:

I have absolutely no instincts on what day this baby will be born but I'm hoping for the 20th of March. DH thinks it will be the 16th of March.

I hope that everyone having complications is doing okay. :hugs:

My thoughts are with bean keeper and her little boy, I've been unable to stop thinking about them both since the news made it to the thread :( I can't imagine how she must be feeling.

I feel like my babber might be early, but only because it is so low and uncomfortable I can't (and almost don't want to) imagine it getting much bigger or sitting there too much longer!

I, too, feel like I might go early this time around... although I hope I'm wrong! While my body is tired, I'm still just not ready to have this kiddo yet! Too much to do! :dohh:

That being said... I really don't want to be late either. Right on time would be nice (just like with DD, who arrived on her due date!)

Oh wow, bit of an unexpected discovery at my scan today: baby is transverse! I can't believe it after they were head down for so long :( I'm worried now as I've been told I'm at an increased risk of cord prolapse if my waters go so if that does happen I'm to call an ambulance straight away... There was talk of admitting me to hospital today but the doctor was happy for me to get home and they'll review the situation next Wednesday at my consultant appointment. If baby hasn't turned I may be admitted then. They'd also attempt an ecv if I'm willing, haven't decided whether to go for that or not. Lots to think about!

Oh wow, didnt think they would have enough room to still be able to turn that much! Any chance they can turn back to head down?

Oh wow, bit of an unexpected discovery at my scan today: baby is transverse! I can't believe it after they were head down for so long :( I'm worried now as I've been told I'm at an increased risk of cord prolapse if my waters go so if that does happen I'm to call an ambulance straight away... There was talk of admitting me to hospital today but the doctor was happy for me to get home and they'll review the situation next Wednesday at my consultant appointment. If baby hasn't turned I may be admitted then. They'd also attempt an ecv if I'm willing, haven't decided whether to go for that or not. Lots to think about!

My friends baby was transverse at 37 weeks and moved to head down between 37-38 weeks . Boy do they wiggle !!

Oh no, Buttercup! Hoping baby will turn for you. Maybe try spinning babies?

Feeling silly asking, but what is ecv?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->