March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Buttercup, have you heard of spinning babies? There might be some techniques in there that may be useful to you getting baby to move in there. Don't lose hope!

AFM having awful AF like cramps, posted on the third tri page last night and it's continued into today. My low back aches, my pelvis hurts and I'm getting hard irregular contractions. Seems a bit early maybe I can push it one more week

Hi Ladies,

not been on for a few days, hope everyone is as well as they can be.

I packed the baby bag tonight. Hubby is limiting me on bag size this time as i literally took far too much last time. he has ordered a new, smaller bag, when that comes i will pack my bag too.

The nursery is done now, and Isaac has reverted back to baby stage lol, he climbed into the cot, wound the mobile up and pretended to cry for me..... the mind boggles.

In terms of practical stuff, we are done i think. I need to test the steraliser from when we had isaac and i need to steralise the breast pump etc, but that cant really be done till baby arrives.
In terms of my mood / feelings about things, well, i am still up and down. The other night i had a terrible thought about how i may die in childbirth, ok i know that is largely very unrealistic, but in my head i was thinking i needed to leave letters for Isaac, Hubby and baby, just in case!. fortunatly it was a fleeting thought, but concerns me nonetheless that i thought it, pesky anxiety for you.
I decided not to refer for cbt as i feel that i dont really know what it would achieve, this baby is coming whether i like it or not (of course i want him here, he was planned etc, id just rather not go through the fear of how the birth will pan out, but hey hum!), the likelihood of seeing someone pre-baby is slim anyway, and i guess i can access it after baby.... but i 100% feel my anxiety is all about him arriving.

physically, i am uncomfy, pelvic pain bad and very tired. i saw the clock every two hours last night as i couldnt settle.

xxxx

Dawn your so organised !!! I've still to sort out babies room and pack bags l I've all the stuff I need for baby just need to pack it . Its a job I like :)

I too have been having some weird thoughts about what if I died , leaving Sean behind and how oh would cope , also fleeting thoughts of Sean dying and how I would cope.... Not nice and pushed them away !!!!!!!!! Think its all par too where we are at in pregnancy , feeling vulnerable and the uncertainty of it all ...

Going to see the film " room " did not help it was a very emotional film . Hospital apt in the am and should get my dates for c section between 38-39 weeks. Maybe baby will plan on coming before then ;) getting some powerful BH the last few days .... And pressure .....

Bella, an ECV is a procedure a doctor does to try and manually turn a transverse or breech baby. They inject a muscle relaxant and literally use their hands to try and turn baby but the success rate is very variable and there are some risks to it, not least that it could end in an emergency caesarian. I could refuse it and opt for a planned caesarian if I wanted to, just weighing up the pros and cons at the moment.
I was recommended spinning babies with my last pregnancy as she was transverse and breech until past 37 weeks (for longer than this one has been) but she ended up turning on her own thankfully. I'm going to give some of the inversions a try, but I won't be standing on my head in a warm swimming pool which is one of the suggestions :haha:
Ooh Daisy, wonder if it might be you with the next birth announcement! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Zodi waits a little longer though :flower:
Dawn, sounds like you're doing really well with being organised and I hope your anxiety starts to ease soon. These pregnancy hormones don't half wreak havoc :hugs:
Really need to get my bag finished, goodness knows what I would have ended up with if i'd been admitted today and I relied on OH to bring stuff in for me :dohh: I'm packing a bag for the girls aswell, just in case they need to stay with my parents if I do end up having to go into hospital at short notice.

Buttercup- hope the baby will turn for you!

I had my 34 week appointment today but she didn't check the position- she said she'll check next appointment which is the end of next week. She did test my urine for a UTI though and that was negative- she said it sounded like the weight of the baby was just pushing down on a nerve occasionally which is normal. She said she remembers that pain more than the pain of labour!

We went out for a meal with some of our NCT group tonight. All the other women are going on maternity leave this week or next it seems! I still have 3 weeks to go after this week. Some of them are due before me, but they also seemed to think I was working 'late' going until 38 weeks. I'm still open to the idea of stopping earlier it gets less comfortable though.

Buttercup my boy decided to turn on me once again. So he has been moving from transverse to breech and back. His hiccups are always above my belly button.

I too have been having those unpleasant thoughts about dying during childbirth. I have horrible anxiety to begin with and just the thought of bleeding to death or for some reason my organs falling out after I push baby out just freaks me out. I know that isn't realistic though :haha:
I am also uncomfy and getting pains and irregular "contraction" like feelings as well as cramping.

Anyone care to share what they're putting in theirs/baby's hospital bags? I've got some ideas but I was not as ready with my first and ended up not even bringing my hospital bags. This time I want it to be different! I've got a list going in my head as well.

bombshell I have put 2 plastic massagers, extra change of clothes (we will only be there 4 hrs max PP), snacks, pads, diapers, booties, hat, onesies, receiving blankets and I think that's it? It's tucked away in the car already but I'm sure I will gather more things as I am actually in labor :haha:
I've been getting those cramps too, along with some painful contractions that have a peak. They only happen in the morning, guess it's just false labor?

Buttercup, I sure hope they can get baby to flip for you!

I have all the bags packed and ready by the door. My recent hospital visit really lit a fire under my butt!

Bombshell
I have 2 hospital gowns, a pair of pjs, comfy socks, a comfy outfit to wear home, nursing bra, coconut oil, toiletries, pads, a massage tool, air freshener, snacks, that's at least the bulk of it.

Baby has 2 gowns, 2 sleepers, 2 outfits, diapers, wipes, hat, socks, mittens, receiving blankets, swaddle blanket & hat (for his name reveal), 2 burp cloths, Vaseline, brush, & I think that's about it. I got lists from my hospital & just checked each item off as I added it :)

Poor dd has an ear infection:nope: At least I am grateful that it happened now rather than while I am in labor/having baby or right after I get home with baby so I can still "baby" her while she is sick. She just had her 3yr well visit on Friday and was fine! Then past 2 days she came down with a fever and crying saying her ear hurts. Took her to Dr. when I got home from work last night and sure enough she has her first ear infection.

Quickly posting to follow - I am no a big talker, but it does put me at ease seeing how we are all going through the same ordeals :)

I am due March 25th with my 1st, apparently a boy :)

I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!

:wave: Welcome, Keepinitreal! Congratulations! Our little guys will be here before we know it! :flower:

Fundal height measuring big for dates . Have to Go for growth scan and repeat the glucose tolerance test next week . She didn't say how much ahead and I didn't ask ( doh ) ....
In other news if baby doesn't arrive by due date I'm scheduled in for c section on the 15th of march . That's the plan for now anyhow : )

Quickly posting to follow - I am no a big talker, but it does put me at ease seeing how we are all going through the same ordeals :)

I am due March 25th with my 1st, apparently a boy :)

I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congrats and welcome! :flower: :wave:

Boys make wonderful first babies, I love my little guy to pieces. :cloud9: <3

Hi ladies :hi: poping in to see how we all are??

So lately our little man likes lying and sleeping in my right rib cage which is extremely uncomfortable and painful, anyone else been experiencing this?

Thanks everyone :flower:

I didn't care about gender, but DH is (not so secretly) thrilled that he is getting a son :)

So lately our little man likes lying and sleeping in my right rib cage which is extremely uncomfortable and painful, anyone else been experiencing this?

YES omg!! Im in the same boat. Little miss likes to hang out in my right rib as well. Never experienced this with DD. She was pleasant lmao this little one moves and it is sort of painful...

YES omg!! Im in the same boat. Little miss likes to hang out in my right rib as well. Never experienced this with DD. She was pleasant lmao this little one moves and it is sort of painful...

I've got feet in the right side of my ribs too! It really is painful, I'm pretty well over it. :p

Ah bless her, I hope she gets better soon x x

Poor dd has an ear infection:nope: At least I am grateful that it happened now rather than while I am in labor/having baby or right after I get home with baby so I can still "baby" her while she is sick. She just had her 3yr well visit on Friday and was fine! Then past 2 days she came down with a fever and crying saying her ear hurts. Took her to Dr. when I got home from work last night and sure enough she has her first ear infection.

Glad I am not the only one having unpleasant thoughts.

Packed babies bag. Have 10 nappies. 4 babygros and vests (1 newborn, rest 0-3 months), 3 muslin squares, couple of bibs, pack of wipes, lanolin cream and breastpads
(For me), outfit to come home in (kept right at bottom of bag in a carrier bag so hubby knows not to use before home time), blanket for car seat when we come home. Couple of scratch mits in there too.
I'm not sure how long we will be in for. Isaac was not a sick baby and we seriously over packed for him. I live 5 minutes from the hospital so it's easy enough for hubby to come and grab more if needed.

I'm going to pack mine over the weekend. It's harder to do mine as I don't have a ton of maternity clothes and as such still. Need to keep them in circulation. I can pack nightwear.r underwear etc and then may need a list of last minute things to pop in the bag.

I too have been having those unpleasant thoughts about dying during childbirth. I have horrible anxiety to begin with and just the thought of bleeding to death or for some reason my organs falling out after I push baby out just freaks me out. I know that isn't realistic though :haha:
I am also uncomfy and getting pains and irregular "contraction" like feelings as well as cramping.

Anyone care to share what they're putting in theirs/baby's hospital bags? I've got some ideas but I was not as ready with my first and ended up not even bringing my hospital bags. This time I want it to be different! I've got a list going in my head as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->