March Monkeys 2016: 21 boys and 15 girls born

Welcome.
I'm due 19th march with my second boy.
Boys are fab, but then I am biased and I don't have girls to compare it too. Xxxx

Quickly posting to follow - I am no a big talker, but it does put me at ease seeing how we are all going through the same ordeals :)

I am due March 25th with my 1st, apparently a boy :)

I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Hope the growth scan and repeat GTT goes ok. My fundal height at 33 weeks was measuring 37 weeks. Got my growth scan next Tuesday.

What are your feelings on a potential c-section? I'm assuming they are thinking this because baby looks big? Will they not induce you earlier instead. Xxx

Fundal height measuring big for dates . Have to Go for growth scan and repeat the glucose tolerance test next week . She didn't say how much ahead and I didn't ask ( doh ) ....
In other news if baby doesn't arrive by due date I'm scheduled in for c section on the 15th of march . That's the plan for now anyhow : )

My fundal height has always been measuring about 2 weeks ahead....So maybe that is why he isn't worried about me? Even on scan he is measuring 2 weeks ahead. :shrug:

Dawn That is a big difference...are you worried?

Left Wow that is great you know what baby will be here. Though I hope that everything goes well on your scan. :thumbup:

:haha: just a little worried. scan correlates to measuring big, since last scan babys leg was ever so slightly above the top line for measurement. will see how it looks on tuesday. I really want to avoid a c-section, yet at the back of my mind is the fact that Isaac was so very nearly a c-section, and i would have hated that, especially for it to end up in an emergency situation..... there is going to have to be some very careful considerations into what is best..... planned c-section (which i believe can be a positive experience), or induction two weeks ahead with the hope that this one comes out as less than 10lb 7. This one is currently back to back, which isaac was in labour and that didnt help causes with the whole giving birth.
In all honestly the birth was okay, it was my reciovery afterwards that sucked..... still in pain 6 months after having him.
I then tend to try and remind myself that what will be will be, kind of thing, but it doesnt help lol.

Dawn That is a big difference...are you worried?

Have my appointment with the Cardiologist this afternoon...although I doubt they will find anything. Still I guess its a good idea to get checked out just in case.

Rib pain on the right side - YES! I notice it more in the afternoon/evening than in the morning, but definitely. I feel like I'm constantly trying to push my own fingers under my ribs to move him a bit! (No, it doesn't help, but I keep trying!)

Dawn, I understand... the funny thing is, I'm so anxious about going through labor again, but when I had DD, labor went so quick and it was the recovery that was awful & lengthy!

AMP, I hope your appointment goes well! Keep us posted.

leftwondering, good luck at your growth scan. Hope all is well for bubs in there :flow:

AMP, how is DD doing with her ear infection? GL at your appointment!

keepinitreal, welcome to the group :hi: Congrats on your little boy

Sarah I have been getting either a bum or feet or both in my ribs for quite some time now. Some times it can be quite entertaining but most times it just hurts. The pain is also sometimes from the uterus expanding up and out to make room for baby :shrug:

Dawn, that is quite a bit to measure ahead! GL at your growth scan as well! Hopefully baby will even out in measurements. Surely you will get some answers and the know how to proceed with labor. I hope you are able to have the birth you imagine, but the always the best way for baby to come out is the safest way :hugs:

not much going on here in my neck of the woods, just being Zodi's little punching bag for the minute and not feeling very motivated to do anything with CTS kicking in :nope:

She is doing much better. Thanks for asking!

leftwondering, good luck at your growth scan. Hope all is well for bubs in there :flow:

AMP, how is DD doing with her ear infection? GL at your appointment!

keepinitreal, welcome to the group :hi: Congrats on your little boy

Sarah I have been getting either a bum or feet or both in my ribs for quite some time now. Some times it can be quite entertaining but most times it just hurts. The pain is also sometimes from the uterus expanding up and out to make room for baby :shrug:

Dawn, that is quite a bit to measure ahead! GL at your growth scan as well! Hopefully baby will even out in measurements. Surely you will get some answers and the know how to proceed with labor. I hope you are able to have the birth you imagine, but the always the best way for baby to come out is the safest way :hugs:

not much going on here in my neck of the woods, just being Zodi's little punching bag for the minute and not feeling very motivated to do anything with CTS kicking in :nope:

So EKG was normal. Dr. is thinking it is the Vasaovagle thing and they are having me where a heart monitor for a week to see if it picks up on anything. Oh joy.

Glad the EKG was normal. Hopefully the heart monitor may help pin down a diagnosis for you x

So EKG was normal. Dr. is thinking it is the Vasaovagle thing and they are having me where a heart monitor for a week to see if it picks up on anything. Oh joy.

update, losing bits of my plug! No bloody show or contractions but better than no signs at all :flower:

I have heard loads of women losing plug before hand....though it doesn't mean much just yet, but it does mean things are moving along!! :thumbup: Kind of exciting really!!!!

Yes I guess it's the rite of passage at this point in pregnancy :haha: Still feels good to hit those milestones though

Hi and welcome keepinitreal1, nice to have you on the thread and congrats on team blue :)
Left, I had to repeat the gtt aswell so I totally sympathise! Hope all is well with baby, are you having a growth scan aswell?
Dawn, sounds like you're in the same boat as me measuring quite far ahead... I'm hoping if I'm not admitted for baby's position earlier that I can be induced on my due date. Just hoping the consultant agrees. What sort of plan are you hoping for? I agree a planned cs does seem attractive sometimes but a lady in toddler group was telling me she had internal bleeding after hers!! Sounds like an uncommon thing to happen thankfully.
Amp, hope the heart monitor gives some answers/a diagnosis.
Bombshell, this is my baby list for the hospital:
Car seat
Blankets x2
Swaddling wrap (just a shaped blanket really)
Sleep suits x4
Cotton hats x2
Vests x4 (onesies)
cardigan
Jacket
Winter hat
Muslins (burp cloths)
Nappies x20 (diapers)
Cotton wool
Water wipes
Teddy
Nappy bags
I know you ladies in the US get a lot more provided by the hospital for yourselves and baby, we pretty much have to bring everything over here unless it's an emergency.
Allforthegirl, glad I'm not the only one with a stubborn baby lol! Would you opt for the ecv or a c section if it came to it?

Oh also I think we have our girls names down to 2! Juliet or Robyn. I'm more drawn to Juliet but Robyn goes nicer with our dds' names. Guess if it's a girl we'll just see which one 'fits' her best :)

3 am...up again....sleep where are you?:sleep: we used to be such good friends

I was awake through the night too AMP, but in fairness, I also have a heavy cold as well, so both the cold and the pregnancy are ruining any chance of sleep. I am so uncomfortable and tired, I can't function and have had to call in to work sick, again, gutted.

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet, but we have started getting the nursery ready, so that's something!

Really love the name Robyn :)

Oh also I think we have our girls names down to 2! Juliet or Robyn. I'm more drawn to Juliet but Robyn goes nicer with our dds' names. Guess if it's a girl we'll just see which one 'fits' her best :)

I am kind of hoping that I will get induced at 38 weeks, Isaac was an induction at 40 plus 5 and born at 40 plus 6. However I am only open to an induction if they think baby would be smaller than Isaac if induced at 38 weeks.
If baby is looking to be bigger than Isaac then sadly I think a planned c-section would be better, I think the fact I am very anxious about it all may help with swaying them towards an induction. I know they prefer not, but equally sometimes it's needed.
I found labour really empowering with Isaac, if course hard work but id kind if hate to not go through the labour again. I wish I had a crystal ball and could predict how it may all work out. Xxx

Dawn, sounds like you're in the same boat as me measuring quite far ahead... I'm hoping if I'm not admitted for baby's position earlier that I can be induced on my due date. Just hoping the consultant agrees. What sort of plan are you hoping for? I agree a planned cs does seem attractive sometimes but a lady in toddler group was telling me she had internal bleeding after hers!! Sounds like an uncommon thing to happen thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->