March Mummy's - waste time with me

I was much younger with my first pregnancy and feel like my body was in much better shape to handle all the extra pressure.....each pregnancy got a little harder on me physically....and now, almost 11 years after my first, my body feels much older! Lol....I blame most of my symptoms on age and physical shape. I've promised myself to actually start taking better care of my body once this final baby of mine is earth side :)

6.5 years between mine and I am in way worse shape this time with aches and pains!

I told hubby that it's suppose to be more difficult the older you get. This is my third pregnancy at 27 and i told hubby if it's suppose to get harder the older you are i seriously have no idea how women in their 30's or 40's do it.

My mum was pregnant in her early 40s and she seriously made it look so easy.

Speaking of being in shape versus out of shape. It is SO much harder to get in an exercise routine with a toddler than without! I was in great shape when I had Violet! I made a point of walking every day and because of living at the top of a hill, I had to walk hills no matter what way I left my house! I did a 2 mile loop every day, half of which was basically up-hill. Now, I hardly get out. by the time I'm done with work, I don't want to rush out and exercise. I want to spend quality time with my toddler! Then there's tiredness on top of it. Then there's the fact that my husband doesn't drive, so he walks a decent bit during the day already (stay at home dad... gets out to places like the post office, grocery store, and library during the week) and doesn't necessarily want to go for another walk with me. Before Violet was born, he was a great exercise support buddy. Most of the way through my second trimester, I decided that if I can't get OUT and walk, I'll stay IN and walk. I walk in circles one direction for 15 minutes and walk in circles the other direction for 15 minutes. It's not great, but it's also not nothing. Recently I had winter break (teacher) and got to get moving other ways, but now that I'm back to work, I need to work on getting back in my routine of walking in circles inside... bleh.

I started packing the diaper bag the other day after putting some other things in her nursery. Basically just have a couple onsies, a paci, socks, bows, receiving blankt, and nursing cover. After the shower i'll get more serious in packing that and the hospital bag.

I also have my glucose test this Friday morning!! I hope I pass it. I'm terrified of a C-section- mostly because I've never been in the hospital as a patient. Worked in some and been in one while others have been in there, but being the patient terrifies me!

I hope you pass it too. I had my diabetes education counselling session today and I have to check my sugars six times a day starting in the AM :-(

oh no! that's terrible. I can't even remember my vitamins once a day! how would I remember to check suguars 6 times!

6 times a day?! I have my GD class a week from Friday and I hope they don't tell me that I need to take it that much. Geez Louise, it's enough for me to remember to eat small meals 4 times a day!

I haven't started packing my bag yet. Mostly because the things I would pack are the things I am living in when at home. I might pick up a few oversize button shirts and nightshirts for the hospital. I plan to make some padsicles in the next week or 2. I was told to get a nursing bra for the hospital but I would have no idea what size to get and don't have the money to blow on a nursing bra that doesn't fit.

In terms of nursing bras, I would recommend just not wearing a bra for a few days at least. You'll be more comfortable, you don't have to guess at sizes, and it's easier access for nursing.

My nursing bras are so shabby, I really need to get some new ones. Last time I got fitted a couple of weeks before my due date and they fitted no problem. This time I am considering a couple of these:

https://www.xpandabra.com/

as I think it might work well longer term. At first I found I was really big, but once I started weaning and wasn't exclusively breastfeeding I still needed a nursing bra but I wasn't half as full so I think this might work .

I'm waiting til my milk comes in for real nursing bras, but I have a few of these softy sleep nursing bras for the hospital and lounging around at home. I figure the sizing is flexible enough that they don't need to be exact, and I don't need stellar support at the hospital, just enough to ease any discomfort from letting them flap in the wind ;) I had one in the first trimester because I had a lot of boob ache, and it really helped. https://www.amazon.com/Lamaze-Mater...TF8&qid=1420697026&sr=8-4&keywords=lamaze+bra

I made the error of buying nursing bras whilst still pregnant... Then my milk came in & I was a 34K!!! I just didn't wear a bra for a few days as they were so sore! After a few weeks once they had settled I ordered a underwired nursing bra online as I needed the extra support. I know your not meant to wear them but it never caused any problems with my milk supply x

I'm due March 27th with my first and also suffering from backache. Waddling already lol. Cant wait to finish work on 27th Feb! Still got so much to sort out like nursery (we have most of the things we need but still need to get nursery sorted out) and hospital bag x

I fortunately/unfortunately do not expand much in the booby department. I go from barely filling a B cup to filling a B cup and that's about it. Somehow I always end up with an over flowing milk supply....not sure where it's all stored! Lol

I'm due 3/22 & nesting BIG TIME. Yesterday I went through my son's clothes & packed up the ones that don't fit him anymore. Today we are cleaning out his playroom. I'm getting my hospital bags packed, working on the nursery. This is the most active I've been during my entire pregnancy!

Anyone else feel the same?!

Nesting seems to kick in sporadically for me.

Had an ultrasound yesterday and baby is measuring 3lbs 3oz at 28 weeks!

I'm due 3/22 & nesting BIG TIME. Yesterday I went through my son's clothes & packed up the ones that don't fit him anymore. Today we are cleaning out his playroom. I'm getting my hospital bags packed, working on the nursery. This is the most active I've been during my entire pregnancy!

I wish I could start nesting :brat: I want to clean and sort things out, but instead I just nearly collapsed just doing the dishes.

Who is anaemic? Any iron loaded snacks you can recommend? I got told cashew nuts and dried apricots. I'm pretty annoyed that tesco sell dried apricots for £4 for a smallish bag! Having broccoli and spinach pasta for tea. But need decent snack ideas!

Rhio92, have you been given iron tablets? If not, your midwife should prescribe them for you x

Hi girls can I join?

I'm due 30th March... Too far away if you ask me. I'm absolutely shattered, had my bloods done today and I'm fairly sure I'll come back anaemic. In addition to that I feel huge and my feet are already swelling.

At least we are all note final stretch nw. :)

Xxx

I'm due March 27th with my first and also suffering from backache. Waddling already lol. Cant wait to finish work on 27th Feb! Still got so much to sort out like nursery (we have most of the things we need but still need to get nursery sorted out) and hospital bag x

We're due date buddies :) I'm not finishing work until March 13th though :(

m due 3/22 & nesting BIG TIME. Yesterday I went through my son's clothes & packed up the ones that don't fit him anymore. Today we are cleaning out his playroom. I'm getting my hospital bags packed, working on the nursery. This is the most active I've been during my entire pregnancy!

Yep, I am NEVER one to tidy or sort out but I've spent the past two weeks taking stuff out of the loft, putting more stuff in bags to put in the loft, washing, sorting and shopping for the few things we need. I still am nowhere near finished!

I made the error of buying nursing bras whilst still pregnant... Then my milk came in & I was a 34K!!! I just didn't wear a bra for a few days as they were so sore! After a few weeks once they had settled I ordered a underwired nursing bra online as I needed the extra support. I know your not meant to wear them but it never caused any problems with my milk supply x

It's not so much an issue with supply, as an ill fitting bra can cause blocked ducts. I think in general, an ill fitting bra also prevents other things from flowing properly in your body. Something to do with lymph nodes.

I fortunately/unfortunately do not expand much in the booby department. I go from barely filling a B cup to filling a B cup and that's about it. Somehow I always end up with an over flowing milk supply....not sure where it's all stored! Lol

I went from not even an A to more than a B last time... not sure if I was truly a C or not. Not sure where I am now. Things fluctuate so much between nursing and pregnancy and all that fun stuff! Anyway, the milk "supply" thing is a bit of a myth. A B cup is plenty to hold enough milk and then there's the milk that your body produces WHILE the baby is nursing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->