March Mummy's - waste time with me

I'm only 7 months in, and I've gone from a D to almost outgrowing an F, including going up two band sizes (which also increases cup size). I'm terrified of what they'll do when my milk comes in. I'm just glad we won't need to go out much at first...

I'm due March 27th with my first and also suffering from backache. Waddling already lol. Cant wait to finish work on 27th Feb! Still got so much to sort out like nursery (we have most of the things we need but still need to get nursery sorted out) and hospital bag x

We're due date buddies :) I'm not finishing work until March 13th though :(

m due 3/22 & nesting BIG TIME. Yesterday I went through my son's clothes & packed up the ones that don't fit him anymore. Today we are cleaning out his playroom. I'm getting my hospital bags packed, working on the nursery. This is the most active I've been during my entire pregnancy!

Anyone else feel the same?!

Yep, I am NEVER one to tidy or sort out but I've spent the past two weeks taking stuff out of the loft, putting more stuff in bags to put in the loft, washing, sorting and shopping for the few things we need. I still am nowhere near finished!

Some serious cleaning needs to be done around my place right now, but the "nesting" cleaning will be done later as this place is going to fall apart again between now and then. I bought some disposable casserole and pie pans to freeze meals. I also looked at newborn diapers at the grocery store. Damn those are expensive! I think it's particularly bad here though, because I don't remember them being as expensive as what I saw yesterday. Definitely relying on cloth!

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose house falls apart frequently ;) I really have the urge to get things ready for baby, but I don't have the supplies right now. My shower is in 10 days, so we'll take stock of what we still need after that and get things ready.

I'm doing my first shop and freezer cooking session tomorrow and Saturday. I don't have the energy to dedicate all day to it, so I'll just focus on a few recipes with overlapping ingredients and do a few at a time.

I'm looking forward to building up a cloth diaper stash. It seems overwhelmingly expensive all at once, but I know it's a huge savings over time, especially if we have more than one kid (which is the plan as of now). I've got a little head start, luckily, thanks to some hand me downs from a couple people.

my boobs have went from a B to a D! I hope they don't get bigger! I hate them! I'll get a nursing bra probably after I have her.

How about this crotch pain/pressure I have? OMg I swear its separating in two down there! I'm going to ask my dr. to check her size tomorrow. hopefully he will!

I just bought 24 Kawaii diapers for 129 bucks brand new. I'm excited for them to show up. Such cute diapers.

The crotch pain is probably SPD. That is what I have and it sounds similar to what you are describing.

Ladies i just had a growth scan and it looks like I'm giving birth to Augustus Gloop. The baby is measuring HUGE! Currently 6lbs at 32weeks. My previous babies were 6lb 12oz and 4lb 3oz. God knows how I'm going to deliver this monster of a child.

Ladies i just had a growth scan and it looks like I'm giving birth to Augustus Gloop. The baby is measuring HUGE! Currently 6lbs at 32weeks. My previous babies were 6lb 12oz and 4lb 3oz. God knows how I'm going to deliver this monster of a child.

How big are they predicting at birth? Was the measurement done with an ultrasound? They can be very inaccurate. Actually feeling the baby can be more accurate than using ultrasounds.

How big are they predicting at birth? Was the measurement done with an ultrasound? They can be very inaccurate. Actually feeling the baby can be more accurate than using ultrasounds.

Baby is measuring above or around 99th percentile at 32 weeks which is 6lb, if you look above or around 99th percentile at term then you're looking at around 10lbs. I haven't seen my doctor yet though so haven't gone through the results thoroughly.

I had a check up at the hospital the day before and the midwife said "did you say you were only 32 weeks? This baby does NOT feel like a 32 weeker, i never would of guessed you were only 32 weeks by feeling this baby" i informed her i had a growth scan the very next day so i guess we'll see.

I believe 6lb was about the size of a 36 weeker. When i looked at the results all the measurements (tummy, femur, etc) every single one (i thinj about 5/6 measurements) said 36+something. Except for 1 reading which wasn't as far ahead as 36 weeks i think it was the head circumference but i can't be sure. Gotta wait to get a proper copy of the results on Thursday.

I am reading more and more and more on the inaccuracy of scans though. On one hand I'm trying to research big babies and birthing them and on the other hand I'm tryinf not to get too fixated because the scan could be wrong after all.

Are growth scans routine? I would like to know how big this one is, especially since my first was a whoppin 9lbs 10oz. They haven't mentioned it at my appts yet. They have just been measuring me.. So far I am measuring spot on.

Hi everyone! I'm due 3rd March with baby number 3!
Growth scans definitely aren't accurate. I've had them routinely with each pregnancy - with ds1 as I was measuring small. They said he would weigh around 5lbs at full term, he was 6lb 4oz. I had a scan on Monday at 31+6 and baby is apparently on the 43rd percentile, weighing 4lb 2oz. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt though to be honest.

The scan before that she was on the 63rd percentile! I'm due to have one more growth scan at 36 weeks, so I'm just hoping that she's got steady growth and doesn't majorly drop percentiles again.

I've started washing baby clothes and will be packing my hospital bag this week - I just need to go out and buy some bits that I need to add to the bag, like some button down nighties for breastfeeding, breast pads etc

Are growth scans routine? I would like to know how big this one is, especially since my first was a whoppin 9lbs 10oz. They haven't mentioned it at my appts yet. They have just been measuring me.. So far I am measuring spot on.

Growth scans are not routine in Australia. I had one because i have a history or preeclampsia, they wanted ti ensure baby wasn't small or suffering from IUGR even though I've shown no signs of PE yet. They also wanted a baseline growth scan done so if i develop PE and they do a new growth scan they can see if growth of the baby has been restricted right away becauae of PE by comparing it to this 32 week scan. Otherwise they'd have to wait an additional 2 weeks to do another scan to compare it to.

How did your fundal height measure in your first pregnancy? If you measured spot on then and delivered a big baby then you could have another biggen. But if you measured ahead in that pregnancy then maybe you will have a smaller one.

My first 2 pregnancies i measured spot on and both babies were right on 50th percentile. This baby has measured from .5 of a week ahead to 1.5weeks ahead. But the scan shows I'm 4 weeks ahead. So i guess we'll see.

Those scans are so useful but can also cause undue stress! A person in town here has her baby in June and was scanned and told baby was on the bigger side. 8 and half pounds was the guestimation....baby came out 5lbs 13oz! They can be very accurate, but can also be off by quite a bit.

I'm a little worried about weight with this one as my last was an even 9lbs....I just don't want any bigger this time around :)

Baby is measuring above or around 99th percentile at 32 weeks which is 6lb, if you look above or around 99th percentile at term then you're looking at around 10lbs. I haven't seen my doctor yet though so haven't gone through the results thoroughly.

I had a check up at the hospital the day before and the midwife said "did you say you were only 32 weeks? This baby does NOT feel like a 32 weeker, i never would of guessed you were only 32 weeks by feeling this baby" i informed her i had a growth scan the very next day so i guess we'll see.

I believe 6lb was about the size of a 36 weeker. When i looked at the results all the measurements (tummy, femur, etc) every single one (i thinj about 5/6 measurements) said 36+something. Except for 1 reading which wasn't as far ahead as 36 weeks i think it was the head circumference but i can't be sure. Gotta wait to get a proper copy of the results on Thursday.

I am reading more and more and more on the inaccuracy of scans though. On one hand I'm trying to research big babies and birthing them and on the other hand I'm tryinf not to get too fixated because the scan could be wrong after all.

Well the scan could be wrong, but I'd trust the midwife. You're likely going to have a big baby!

A Dr felt my DD when I was a week off my due date and said that she felt like a 5lb baby. They sent me for a growth scan and said that they thought she would be over 6lbs. When she was born a week after the due date she was fractionally short of 9lbs! My son was fractionally under the 10lb mark. With both I always measured two weeks under on my fundal height so you just never know. I'm hoping this one won't be bigger than my DS though. For some reason I feel that as it's another girl she will be smaller than DS but that's based on absolutely no evidence at all...

Some people are better at estimating baby weight than others. Seems midwives are better than doctors. But of course it's a skill to be developed and so if you're not as good at it, you're not going to be as accurate!

Well half of me is preparing and googling "how to birth big babies" and the other half of me is shaking my head thinking that the scans can be wrong. Lol. I guess there's only 1 way to find out :p

I've birthed 3 babies over 8lbs and all we very easy, uncomplicated deliveries. I was told by my doctor that larger babies (obviously not overly large) can be easier to birth then smaller babies. Something about the weight helping guide them out more easily.....if course moms birth canal plays a huge role as well! I'm 5'5, 120lbs (pre pregnancy) with no hips and I had no issues :) Still hoping this one is smaller than 9lbs though!

I'm due March 27th with my first and also suffering from backache. Waddling already lol. Cant wait to finish work on 27th Feb! Still got so much to sort out like nursery (we have most of the things we need but still need to get nursery sorted out) and hospital bag x

Some people are better at estimating baby weight than others. Seems midwives are better than doctors. But of course it's a skill to be developed and so if you're not as good at it, you're not going to be as accurate!

Yep, interestingly this was a consultant who was visiting the midwife unit. When the consultant had gone my midwife said that she didn't believe her and would put money on the fact that I wasn't having a small baby. The midwife was right, the consultant was wrong!

Well half of me is preparing and googling "how to birth big babies" and the other half of me is shaking my head thinking that the scans can be wrong. Lol. I guess there's only 1 way to find out :p

Better to be over prepared than under prepared.

Better to be over prepared than under prepared.

Definitely!!!!!

Although it does feel like there is too much "just in case" to prepare for with this pregnancy.

- Just in case the baby is big
- Just in case baby has down syndrome (our screening was high) 1:78 but we declined further testing
- Just in case i get preeclampsia again

Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"