March Mummy's - waste time with me

If it makes you feel any better- my 7lb baby took 7 minutes of pushing while my 'just a hair short of' 9lb baby took just 4 minutes. And I had a very superficial tear (as opposed to many stitches with my 7lber). :)

BTW- can I join? I'm 30yrs old and expecting my third (and last!) little one at the end of March.

I had pre eclampsia last time and both of my doctors told me the chances of getting it again are slim to none.

My GD must be worse than I thought because I just cannot get my sugars in order. I'm eating what I'm supposed to be eating carb wise and my numbers are still elevated. I'm incredibly frustrated.

I had pre eclampsia last time and both of my doctors told me the chances of getting it again are slim to none.

My GD must be worse than I thought because I just cannot get my sugars in order. I'm eating what I'm supposed to be eating carb wise and my numbers are still elevated. I'm incredibly frustrated.

OH i wish my doctors told me that so i could stress less!!

Did you get it very late in pregnancy? Are you being treated any differently this pregnancy? As soon as my hospital had my booking stuff they refused to allow me to have regular care and put me straight into the high risk unit. However my care is much the same, appts are a lil more frequent and i get full PE bloods done a few times throughout the pregnancy as well as the growth scan, but it's not too over the top.

I was medicated for PE from 29 weeks and thrown into twice weekly fetal monitoring appts, 3 times weekly BP checks and fortnightly growth scans. Then officially diagnosed with severe PE at 32 weeks and delivered at 33. I've read a peer reviewed study that the earlier you get it and the more severe you get it (mild PE, severe PE, HELLP) The higher your chances of getting it again. However it doesn't influence WHEN you get it, which is good news i guess, i could get it at 28 weeks or at 39 weeks. Also the doctors are pretty sure i also had it in my first pregnancy but at 39 weeks. My blood pressure the day before giving birth was incredibly high but before any action was taken, my waters broke and i gave birth, the BP did stay elevated throughour labour though and they were discussing something to bring it down but then i had the baby quickly. I've gone through another peer reviewed study which says your chances are even higher if you've had it in 2 pregnancies.

Wow I started this post - didn't think I'd get a reply. Hope back on a few days later and there's so much catching up to do lol

I might update original post with everyone's dates and gender :) what do you think?

OH i wish my doctors told me that so i could stress less!!

Did you get it very late in pregnancy? Are you being treated any differently this pregnancy? As soon as my hospital had my booking stuff they refused to allow me to have regular care and put me straight into the high risk unit. However my care is much the same, appts are a lil more frequent and i get full PE bloods done a few times throughout the pregnancy as well as the growth scan, but it's not too over the top.

I was medicated for PE from 29 weeks and thrown into twice weekly fetal monitoring appts, 3 times weekly BP checks and fortnightly growth scans. Then officially diagnosed with severe PE at 32 weeks and delivered at 33. I've read a peer reviewed study that the earlier you get it and the more severe you get it (mild PE, severe PE, HELLP) The higher your chances of getting it again. However it doesn't influence WHEN you get it, which is good news i guess, i could get it at 28 weeks or at 39 weeks. Also the doctors are pretty sure i also had it in my first pregnancy but at 39 weeks. My blood pressure the day before giving birth was incredibly high but before any action was taken, my waters broke and i gave birth, the BP did stay elevated throughour labour though and they were discussing something to bring it down but then i had the baby quickly. I've gone through another peer reviewed study which says your chances are even higher if you've had it in 2 pregnancies.

I got it at 40 weeks and had a csection. Went to a regular OB appt and he told me to go straight to the hospital because I had to have a csection due to pre-e. Not being treated any differently at all!

Wow I started this post - didn't think I'd get a reply. Hope back on a few days later and there's so much catching up to do lol

I might update original post with everyone's dates and gender :) what do you think?

That's a good idea :)

That's a good idea :)

There's already a March group with all the dates and gendere here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...arch-mallows-due-march-2015-come-join-us.html

I stay off the big due date threads though, they move too quick for me and i find them hard to follow.

Our thread has been moved off 3rd Tri as well and into pregnancy groups and discussions. I like our lil group here though and look forward to to waiting out these final weeks with you gals :)

Yeah, this thread felt a bit like a duplicate because there is already a March thread, but I stopped following that one a while ago. If this one stays like this, I'll stay here :)

I'm in a March Tsinbow thread that goes at a nice pace, and I'll stay active in here with you ladies. I do find it stressful when a thread becomes too busy to keep up with! I tend to avoid those ones....prefer the personal relationships you get in smaller threads like this one :)

If you do update page June with our info - My due date is March 23rd and we are team yellow.

Severe back pain today.....actually took a Tylenol and am now alternating heat and cold. I have an appointment tomorrow and will mention the pain as it's going on 3 weeks now and getting worse instead of better!

I've actually been posting in the April thread because until 18 weeks my due date was April 1! Got bumped ahead! I felt it was too late to jump in on the March thread at that point so I'm glad this one started.

Just came in from the cold outside and ended up with a nosebleed . Not impressed .

If it makes you feel any better- my 7lb baby took 7 minutes of pushing while my 'just a hair short of' 9lb baby took just 4 minutes. And I had a very superficial tear (as opposed to many stitches with my 7lber). :)

BTW- can I join? I'm 30yrs old and expecting my third (and last!) little one at the end of March.

That makes me feel heaps better thank you! My 6lber took 20 mins of pushing my 4lber maybe 1min? I was surprised at how much it still hurt though! Ring of fire and swollen girly bits afterwards, jusy like my first birth

Is anyone else having a hard time staying asleep and/or staying comfortable? If I lay on my back, I can't breathe well. If I lay on my left side, eventually my left leg starts to hurts, and vice versa if I lay on my right side. I'm tossing and turning all night!

Is anyone else having a hard time staying asleep and/or staying comfortable? If I lay on my back, I can't breathe well. If I lay on my left side, eventually my left leg starts to hurts, and vice versa if I lay on my right side. I'm tossing and turning all night!

Me! Right now, it's 2.30am and I can't sleep :( when I do get comfy, it's not long until I start getting acid too, so have to move! :dohh:

Playing with how you use pillows to support yourself might help.

I'm getting terrible sleep. I've always tossed and turned all night, and now I have to add in the flipped over turtle gymnastics :D I have a Snoogle pillow and it helps a lot, but it's still not a magic cure :(

I've spent all weekend casseroling. I have seven big casseroles in the freezer now, plus a lasagna that we already ate, and an enchilada casserole that I'm having for dinner tonight and sending with DH tomorrow for the last couple days of the overnight job he's doing. I can't work on the nursery yet, so I have to channel this nesting energy somewhere!

Not gettinguch sleep here either....I have a lingering cold kicking my butt and my back has been crap for about a week. Starting stretching and light yoga yesterday in hopes of relief.

Had an appointment yesterday. All looks good....and she's pretty sure baby is already head down :)

I'm getting terrible sleep. I've always tossed and turned all night, and now I have to add in the flipped over turtle gymnastics :D I have a Snoogle pillow and it helps a lot, but it's still not a magic cure :(

I've spent all weekend casseroling. I have seven big casseroles in the freezer now, plus a lasagna that we already ate, and an enchilada casserole that I'm having for dinner tonight and sending with DH tomorrow for the last couple days of the overnight job he's doing. I can't work on the nursery yet, so I have to channel this nesting energy somewhere!

What casseroles did you make besides those two? I'm getting ready to start this and every time I look online for ideas nothing appeals to me.

It's not really a casserole, but I did a couple pasta bakes. Just penne cooked al dente, with a lot of meat sauce (almost double what you'd use just to eat it), topped with cheese. Super easy. I usually slice in some Italian sausage and add some little glops of ricotta, but I used all the ricotta in the lasagna.

I would have slept fine last night except my 2 year old wasn't sleeping well. I think she had a bad dream. She mentioned "the silly people no take me away." She also ended up chattering away about other things too. Every time I thought she was settled, I'd shift positions and she'd be clinging to me again. She also wanted to nurse, but my tender nipples can't take night time nursing, so I let her nurse a while when settling and then don't let her nurse again until about an hour before wake-up time. If I didn't let her nurse at that point, it would mean getting up an hour early...

As for casseroles, I need to make and freeze some casseroles for the first week after the baby was born. One of the most helpful things I did to prepare for the baby last time around was to have pre-made meals in the freezer. I should make soup and bread as well. When you have a newborn, it's so nice to be able to just pull something out of the freezer, pop it in the oven, and have something to eat. We even bought disposable casserole and pie dishes for this purpose. I'll have to get stuff for pot pie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->