March rainbows 2018

Could you get a private scan karoolia? I'm not sure how it works over there but even if your not under a fertility clinic you can go to a scan clinic and get one. Our local one does scans from around £30. We have used them for reassurance between scans at the clinic and hospital because scans in the fertility clinic are pretty expensive. We also have an early pregnancy unit at our local hospital, I think the majority of hospitals in the uk do. I just won't use our local one as it's dreadful. The NHS take over my care once I book in with the midwife at 10 weeks.

No, it doesn't really work like that here. Everything is private. Most OBs won't see you at all if you aren't using insurance and paying out of pocket would be horrendous anyway. My miscarriage cost us $1400 after insurance coverage. My husband's clinic (he's a family doctor) will do scans at 8 weeks. I'm a patient there so I could go in, but I'm not sure how I feel about all of our friends being part of this/knowing before I'm ready to tell. We are in the US for his residency (final training years) so all of our friends are his colleagues.

That's a shame. Must be so hard to wait. But I understand why you would want to avoiding people knowing too early. I would be the same. Hope the time to your first appointment passes quickly for you.

Hello ladies, have just read all of your updates. Strictly speaking mine would be a February rainbow if I make it that far, but popping in to say hello here.

I have been having MS but not as bad as it was with my DD, so I am worried. I was also told that I have a medium sized subchorionic hematoma (not sure if spelt right). I had that with my DD too as they told me at the 12 week scan with her.

I feel quite positive at times and quite negative at other times. Because my OH is taking so much medication for a medical condition and his sperm fragmentation is bad I am high risk (some research says his level of fragmentation of 51% more than doubles the risk of miscarriage). And having already had 3 and a chemical it's hard to stay positive :(

I don't know what I would do if I have another loss - either IVF with ICSI with PGD or consider donor IUI. I am going for another scan tomorrow to see what is going on.

Welcome sweetkat. Don't worry my raunbow will likely arrive at the end of February too, depends when they schedule my section for. I'm sorry your having such a worrying time, good luck for your scan though! Hope it goes well.

Thanks maryanne. The wait is actually going by quicker than last time (maybe because I feel more positive?). I still may go to the clinic to get a slightly earlier one. Only one person does the scans and he is an attending, not a resident, so I might be able to avoid the rest of them.

Goodluck at your scan sweetkat! If my pregnancy goes well I could easily end up in February too. My due date is so early in March it could really be either month. You are more than welcome here :)

Can I join you lot please? My rainbow is due end of Feb but my scan last week put me at 6 weeks instead of 7 so that would be 1st march but I'm hoping this bean grows more by next scan coz it's not matching my dates at all just now. I have 3 kiddies and I had a miscarriage back in January. I'm still so nervous but my scan showed baby and a strong heartbeat. I had a scan due loosing big blood clots and I'm still spotting on and off but I have had bleeding in all my pregnancys so unfortunately it's kind of normal for me!

My EDD is 21 Feb, but I think I might be doing IVF soon if this is another loss.

My dr said several times that I might bleed because of the hematoma, but not to worry. I actually haven't bled but I am still worried because of the MMCs and the high chance of another one.

I am having slight stretching pains and MS at the same time. Kind of medium intensity nausea, not so bad as to want to throw up, but ever present :(

Hi kirsty! You are more than welcome :) It sounds like your baby is doing great. Are you positive on your dates? I am almost positive my OB will tell me I'm a few days behind, but I also know I ovulated a few days late so I won't be concerned.

sweetkat, I understand the fear of a MMC. I have only had one, but that's really all you need to know that everything can seem normal even when it isn't. I have had a lot of nausea too, no throwing up, but the feeling is often there.

Wecome Kirsty, congrats on your bfp. I really hope this is your rainbow. I think at my dating scan my EDD will be moved. My babies usually measure big and are always about a week ahead even though I'm sure on dates as I temp. Looks like you have big babies too. My last was 9lbs2 two weeks early.

Sweetkat I'm crossing everything for you that this one is a sticky.

Stretching pains here too. Still very crampy, makes me nervous but trying not to dwell on it.

I was expecting 2-3 days behind the most but not over a week. They are not worried at all though as baby had a good heartbeat. I'm also not worried too much because this happend with one of my other babies and by 12week can they caught up with dates.

Hey ladies and welcome Kirsty 😊
I have heard hay it's common for dates to be out by up to a week very early on. My niece was measuring way behind and she is now 2.5 years and healthy 😊
No nausea today but will see what this eve brings as last two days I've had it bad in the evenings. Maybe evening sickness is the way to go? Get through work at least that way
Trying to think positive thoughts as its out of my hands

I've had late afternoon/evening sickness this whole pregnancy until yesterday I've been hit with full blown morning sickness! I've never had morning sickness like this I have always just had night time nausea! I feel rotten.

Mines much worse in the morning and at night. Last night I woke up needing to be sick. Was horrible. I also have horrible heartburn this afternoon but to be honest I'm glad as synptoms make me less nervous.

Very true! They make me feel better as well!

No sickness for me this eve 😕
Not reassuring as this always happens around this time and baby always dies before 7 weeks. I seem to be following the same old patten again. MS starts then off it goes as quickly as it came.
Praying it's the prednisolone masking things. Holding onto hope 🌈

Try to stay positive trying4first. I know it's hard. Your sickness may come back tomorrow, or it may be gone for good but that doesn't mean the worst. I hope your ok?

Trying, keeping everything crossed for you. I went to bed feeling fine and now it's 4am and am awake cos of nausea.

With my DD mine was much much worse - I couldn't get up for 4 days because it was awful and couldn't hold a thing down, so I am worried too. I don't trust any signs because had a good scan at 8 weeks last time and zero bleeding and MS and the baby had Downs and I had an MMC :(

When is your scan? I have mine this morning (in a few hours). Fingers crossed this is your rainbow Trying :)

Maryanne, Kirsty - thank you :). It's in about an hour. I will update here once I have had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"