March rainbows 2018

Great news Myshel! We're thinking of doing our public announcement over thanksgiving weekend. Just seems fitting (even though we're in the US right now and all our friends here will tell us we're a month early haha).

I think that is also a great time to tell people, even if you are in the states!

We had announcement pictures taken on Saturday and told the last close family members on Sunday. Our siblings, aunts and uncles, and absolute closest friends now know. Just have to make the public announcement and everyone will know (plus parents of course). I'm excited to be able to be open about it, but I'm going to miss this being my own private thing. I wouldn't announce at all, but I want the excitement of making a big announcement, at least once.

How is everyone doing? It's officially October now! Anyone making Halloween plans?

Yay announcements!

Getting ready for thanksgiving, looks like the i laws are going to be coming OMG
They normally avoid doing any social thing and now they are coming to my parents for a large multi family thanksgiving. Holy heck.

Ah! I felt the baby move this morning! First time I have ever felt this, so crazy

So exciting to feel baby move myshel! I have been possibly feeling baby, but I'm not sure. I feel little pops and vibration-like feelings, but they are quick and I can't tell if it's baby or something else.

Does your whole family get together for Thanksgiving? Maybe I'm in the minority, but there is nothing I love more than big family gatherings.

We're going to be heading to Vegas on Thanksgiving day for a week-long conference my husband is attending for work. I'm a little less excited after the news this morning though.

So exciting to feel baby move myshel! I have been possibly feeling baby, but I'm not sure. I feel little pops and vibration-like feelings, but they are quick and I can't tell if it's baby or something else.

Does your whole family get together for Thanksgiving? Maybe I'm in the minority, but there is nothing I love more than big family gatherings.

We're going to be heading to Vegas on Thanksgiving day for a week-long conference my husband is attending for work. I'm a little less excited after the news this morning though.

I know I saw the news this morning and was so upset about it. I can't believe something like that happened. But I am sure it will be safe for you guys, it looks like it was just one person (which is no less horrible but at least it isn't a group targeting a specific location )

My whole immediate family gets together every year and if we can all the aunts and cousins come every couple years on the actual dates. This year it will be immediate and two aunts and some cousins along with the inlaws. So not crazy busy, but busy enough

How is everyone? I am 20 weeks today, so exactly half way through.

Have been feeling regular kicks (especially when lying down) for the last two weeks (and especially in the last week) so have avoided the temptation to run off for a scan.
I have a scheduled scan in a week anyway (at 21 weeks).

We haven't told anyone apart from my parents, and I feel guilty about hiding it from a couple of good friends, but I haven't told them about my losses either and so they wouldn't understand why I won't announce.

I think I might say something to them after the 21 week scan, although maybe they have guessed. One in particular regularly asks me if we are planning a second one...

That's so wonderful that you are feeling kicks Sweetkat!

I keep feeling something, but I'm never sure if it is baby or not.

I wouldn't worry about your friends. I'm sure they will be surprised you didn't tell them sooner, but once the surprise wears off I think they'll understand that it's a personal thing and everyone decides to announce at different times.

I think at 18 weeks it could well be the baby for you. With my first I thought I felt kicks at 19 weeks and I still don't know if they were kicks or air, but now when I lie down and put my hands on my stomach I can definitely feel kicks. I think in a week or so you will do too and will know hey are kicks for sure :) - but could be that they are kicks you are feeling already :)

Yay for 20 weeks sweetkat. I'll be there on friday! Can't believe we are half way!!!! Got my scan at 21 weeks next Saturday. Hope everything will be ok with me. I've never had anymore bleeding so I hope it's a good thing and placenta is starting to move up!

Wahoo 20 weeks Sweetkat, only a week scan.

Kristy so glad you had no more bleeding. Sounds like everyone is getting a scan next week!

Karoolia - I know what you mean I had one or two moments where I was like this 'tis a baby but since then only firefly feeling... pretty sure that is gas hahaha

Still discussing if we tell parents this weekend. I am torn, hubs is not. Argh!
We are doing an early scan next week at 18 weeks... hoping all is ok. I keep listening to the heartbeat so at least I kmow this little one is still with us.

Kirsty - So glad there hasn't been anymore bleeding!

Myshel - I'm glad it isn't just me. I'm beginning to believe the things I'm feeling are baby. They are happening more regularly now, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are gas or other rumblings.

I have an appointment this afternoon. Just another heartbeat check. I check at home, but I like hearing it on the OBs doppler, much loader and clearer and gives a more accurate bpm.

Karoolia how did your appointment go?
Kirsty, good luck for the scan tomorrow. Does the NHS see you on a Saturday or is it private?
Myshel, I had a scan at 17 weeks too as they can almost see everything that can be seen at 20-21 weeks.
Maryanne- hope your sch has shrunk some more.

Afm, glad to be half way but starting to really miss wine/ prosecco and have cravings for pate, smoked salmon and sushi (and I don't even really eat sushi lol).

Appointment went well! Very quick in and out visit this time. He just checked my blood pressure and baby's heartbeat (152bpm) and sent me on my way. My big anatomy scan is Oct. 25th (apparently he won't do them until 21 weeks). He has me booked to be there for 1.5 hours.

Kirsty - good luck with your scan tomorrow!

Sweetkat - yay for being half way there! For some reason I am very excited to reach the half way mark

Hi guys

Sorry I haven't been around much just was dodging bnb incase I miscarry again 😭 I have the fear.

I'll try and be a bit more regular now ☺️

Sorry it's not till next Saturday lol I wish it was today!!! Yeah it's through NHS. I had no idea the done scans at weekends! X

Kirsty - I bet you do wish it was today! Waiting for a scan is like waiting for Christmas (which I still get pretty excited for haha).

I'm so eager for mine on the 25th. This week won't be too bad because we're going to be in Vegas for a conference for my husband, but the following week I know will drag forever.

Wanting - We all understand the fear. No need to be around anymore than you feel comfortable with. I hope you are feeling more confident now though. I am slowly getting there, but still have moments of worry.

I have booked myself in for a private anomaly scan today. It's a bit mad because my NHS one is on wednesday but the private place does it in more detail/ more carefully and I get pics and videos at the end too. Was just a spur of the moment thing. I actually wanted to go right now but they don't have appointments until the afternoon.

Good luck sweetkat! Saturday needs to hurry up for me! The kids are off school this week so it's going to drag! X

How was the scan sweetkat?
Karoolia - when do you leave for vegas?
Kristy, one more week and then scan wahoo!
Maryanne- how are you doing?

Finally told the parents yesterday at thanksgiving dinner. It went pretty well, we feel really glad we did. We aren't sure if hubs father heard us as his hearing has gone down hill lately and he honestly had no reaction lol. But parents and siblings know now.
I am still terrified something will happen even though we are 17 weeks. I think once we get through 22 weeks things will get easier I hope. I just pray we can get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->