Maternity Allowance

Kirstin

Reaction score
I'm planning on applying as soon as it allows - week 26 to be paid from week 29 so was just wondering whether they tend to have a backlog or some reason for delaying payments I would need to be aware of? Is it reasonable to expect the payment from week 29 or will I have to wait a few weeks?

Also this question on the form -

What date did you start your maternity leave?
Tell us the date of the first day of your maternity
leave, not the last day you worked.

Technically I didn't leave to have my baby or leave to start maternity leave, I was told I was no longer employed because I was pregnant so is this the day after the last day I worked?

give them a call hun cos I'm having problems with mine too due to me being signed off sick since the end of Feb with hyperemesis, today is officially my last day of work even though I haven't worked in months and I can't send my form in with my dates until after this week. But your situation is different so they may pay you sooner but def give them a call and ask their advice :hugs:

Mine was sorted very quickly. applied for it the minute i was allowed to (26 weeks) got a letter two weeks later saying im entitled and they need to know if i have finished work yet and when i need it paying from (29 weeks) sent the letter back confirming i've finished work and today recd a letter saying they will be paying me from my 29th week and i will recieve it in 5-10 days and then i will be getting it every 2 weeks from then on - on a tuesday.

the first day of your maternity leave will be on your 29th week - which will be the 27th of sept for you. and as long as your not working on this day then you can get it starting from this date. - any more questions let me know.

also i didnt leave to have my baby - my contract was just up and they didnt want to renew it - but i put i was leaving to have my baby - make sure you are working on your 15th week before your due date (for you, i think its the week before the 30th aug) otherwise your unable to claim for it.

make sure you are working on your 15th week before your due date (for you, i think its the week before the 30th aug) otherwise your unable to claim for it.

i wasnt working during the 15th week and was under the impression that aslong as you had been employed for 26wks during your test period that you were entitled to maternity allowance. citizens advice have said the same.

i applied for mine when i was 27wks and phoned them last week to see if they had recieved it etc and they hadnt even looked at it yet.

Let you all know, if you are claiming this benefit, there is currently backlog of claims that sent to MA. As just spoken to someone on the phone while they tried to phone me, they said that there is a huge of backlogs and will take up few weeks to complete the claims. xx

I was made redundant at the start of feb a few weeks before i was due to start maternity leave and i didnt recieve any payments until july!! I rang them every week and it still took forever! I just put the date that i started mat leave as the day i was made redundant, thats what they told me to do over the phone. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->