*** May Babies ***

Morning - abz I tried mothercare for trousers and I thought they were expensive :( i'm going to check out dorothy perkins later. fed up with wearing the same clothes!

Hope&Faith - I'm trying to get some work done too. havent written a word yet today though :( xx

i keep forgetting about DP. i don't go near one usually. got my maternity tights from there but i want over the bump troos and i think theirs were under-bump?

mmm I had bananas and ice cream ok so not very healthy but I was craving it! Just over an hour until my friend is arriving so Im hoping to have written 200 words before she arrives ha ha ha.

abz - they do both styles - you could have a look at their website?

hope&faith - thats a good target, I've now written 24 words haha. whoop whoop. off to get some lunch. I've got the urge for banana and ice cream now! xxxx :D

oh my god. am workbound until this problem gets sorted so OH has gone to get subway for us and we'll eat here. can go out later if we get the all clear. but i wanted a footlong veggi delight... and then decided that wouldn't be enough. and have asked him to get me TWO!! oh my god. i'll never manage to eat those. i think eyes bigger than belly might be at work here!! one might end up being for tea :D

abz xx

Two foot long subs?!? Please can you send one my way! Ahh I couldnt eat that much but even after my ice cream Im still realy hungry! I was hoping to get half this essay done today but it doesnt look promising as i keep getting distracted!

i am so unbelievably hungry and didn't want the crisps or donuts or whatever else you can get... so ordered two. can't believe it!! ha. ah well. i may surprise myself (and OH) and scoff the lot :D :D

and sorry to distract you from your essay with thoughts of huge sandwiches :D

maybebaby3 - it's my first pregnancy so I really don't know anything about it, just hoping for easy labour.

I've been eating raw cauliwlofer for whole day and cant stop. Guess OH has to go to store soon and get some more :haha:

40 days til mat.leave :happydance:

oooh. that would give me indigestion :D

Insomnimama “Frankenvulva” :rofl:

Mojo – how exciting you have your date – you will be having your baby just as I am finishing work :mrgreen:

Congratulations on your V-day Katie :hugs:

I am trying to keep abreast of the May thread in 3rd tri as well as ours so I am up to speed when I do move over – at the moment it is still pretty quiet in there.

Abz – my OH is really tall and babies on his side of the family are long and slender. At our 20w scan our little lady looked as though she has inherited the long limbs etc so hopefully she will be a skinny minny and slip right out with minimal fuss! As for the pregnancy chair – is this other guy pregnant :nope: therefore I doubt he needs the chair :mrgreen: just tell your boss it helps with the hip pain and you need it from a health and safety perspective and if they don’t want to take it off the other bloke they can get you another. After all they are required to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you are comfortable at work pregnant or not ;)

Babyhope – great news on the viewing front. I hope they go well and you get the offer you are looking for.

My hip pain seems to be easing now – the pain is right in the joint between my inner thigh and groin and I was worried it might be SPD-like so have been avoiding stretching it. However, when I mentioned it to my yoga teacher this week and she said it sounds like a muscular groin issue and recommended some gentle stretches to try and it has helped LOADS. In class she was talking to us about the fact that if you are suffering with hip pain/sciatica/rib pain etc that you can ask your MW about seeing the obstetric physio (UK only sorry!). Apparently this is free of charge while pregnant and for 3 months after your baby is born :thumbup: so don’t suffer in silence!

We got about an inch and half of snow last night which has settled and mostly turned to ice – it is sunny outside today so hopefully it will melt pretty quickly.

Abz and Amy – My work trousers are from DP and are over the bump. The sizes seem to be reasonable too as I am in their 12 and still on the tightest elastic. I think they were about £20.00 but when I popped in the other day they did have some stuff on sale so you might be able to bag a bargain.

I made the mistake of trying on maternity trousers in H&M the other day :doh: I could not even get the size 20’s over my thighs and hips :cry: I was so grumpy and upset afterwards until I remembered that even non-pregnant and size 12-14 I needed an H&M 18 or 20 to accommodate my womanly hips and thighs - so in retrospect I did not really stand a chance with my ample Mum-to-be rear :rofl:

yeah. i remember being in H and M. was about a size 14-16. a size 22 didn't even go past my knees and i almost burst into tears as i had been losing weight...

Hey frufru ... glad the hip pain is easing, I keep getting pain but my midwife tells me its normal! Its normal to be in agony walking upstairs?!?

Abz ... Im enjoying the distraction I come on and write something here then go back to my essay and write a few words. Really need to go find some socks my feet are cold!

Thanks frufru, DP sounds good. the ones in mothercare were £35 (gulp). will check it out this afternoon xx

A3my - I got my maternity clothes from pumpkin patch - really good value I love them.

well i managed 18 inches of sandwich, so one and a half of those subs, ha. the rest is waiting for later tonight :)

abz xx

my god you lot have been chatty this morning! and surprise surprise food is on topic lol

babyhope, hope you had a nice meal out, its nice to get dressed up now and then, especially when you feel bigger than normal thanks to a bump!

heidi, congrats on third tri, ive been poking my nose in there for over a week now lol

maybebaby, how sucky is that about your coat? at least your getting some new clothes tho :) sounds very promising about the person wanting to view again!

abz you deserve that chair! surely it wouldnt harm them to get the other one for you if you feel better with it. funny enough i have been feeling light headed the last few days, i wondered if it was because i hadnt been having much sweet things of late. I actually laughed out loud at the tennis comment ;)

marta i really wouldnt worry that you dont fit into maternity clothes, id give anything to be able to wear my normal clothes at the mo! ive been in maternity jeans since 9 weeks, im tired of them now lol. I too have a friend who had a dream delivery, lucky thing..

hope&faith hope ya had a nice bath :)

as for maternity trousers have you tried new look? i dont look at the work trousers there but im sure ive seen them. i agree with the h&m sizing, wayyyytoo depressing. oo i also goto debenhams, the red herring range, i dont think all red herring depts have the maternity range in but they do it online, i got my dress from there for over christmas a size 14 maternity and its still loose on me.

for lunch i just had some hot x buns, ive not been very hungry today and we are going to OH parents house for tea tonight so dont wanne be full :) tho last week i had the most hungry day ever i couldnt stop eating! cant believe your talking subways...i lurrrvvveee subways, steak and cheese with gherkins and what ever sauce happens to take my fancy at the time.

ive been out to the little tiny mothercare thats in rhyl (bout 10 min in the car compared to half hour to chesters huge one lol) and i got a support pillow! i got the one thats kinda v shaped cos harrison can use it when able to sit up etc omg im already in love with it, im tried it out laying on the sofa and now have it behind me supporting my back. We were making a mental list in there of all the little gadgety type things we want for him once born, like a musical box thing that goes on the cot, it plays music and shines pictures onto the ceiling, i had one for sophie and used for such a long time. also want a bouncer chair and a playmat for the floor with one of those bridge things over. oo we did notice they had those sleep bag on sale in there some were half price, they are so handy if baby is a kicker and kicks off covers, the ones on sale could be used from birth.

i think thats all for the minute, sorry if i missed anything!

oo ps katie hope your in a better mood :)

good news about the mothercare sleeping bags being on sale. i never got there in the end :( maybe tomorrow :)

glad you got your pillow. they are great!! of course now that's all i cuddle in bed and OH doesn't get a look in :D

abz xx

QUOTE=insomnimama;4255840]
including the nurse digging around her anus for poo whilst she was trying to push, and the doctor eventually cutting her vagina open with a GIANT PAIR OF SCISSORS

QUOTE]

:nope: 'digging around her anus for poo' OMG!!!! Interesting I am finding that more disturbing that the cutting her open issue?! :wacko:[

Heidi - see you over in 3rd tri in a few weeks, congratulations

Maybebaby - your DH will be back with you when LO comes for a while though won't he?? Great news on the second viewing and so many others booked

FruFru -glad the hip pain is reducing. Is it a specific pregnancy yoga you are doing? I really want to find one round here - how did you find yours?

I have had a lovely day catching up with friends. One of which is my friend due 3 days before me - it was lovely talking with her - it was like being on here but the live version!! She has some new born baby grows for 8-10lbs - holy crap there is NO WAY something that will fit into something that big will be coming out of me?!?!

She has some new born baby grows for 8-10lbs - holy crap there is NO WAY something that will fit into something that big will be coming out of me?!?!

:rofl:

It is a specific pregnancy yoga class I go to - I actually met the lady that runs it as she used to attend the same regular yoga class as me before I fell pregnant. I know my teacher advertises on birthlight.com so maybe check it out to see if there are any classes near you? Also your MW might be able to put you in touch with someone.

Hope&faith - thanks for the heads up on pumpkin patch. We have a shop in the city and I never thought to look in there :dohh: I will bear it in mind for when I have recovered enough from the H&M humiliation to attempt another shopping trip.

Righto - I am off out to a friends for dinner. Have a lovely evening everyone :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->