*** May Babies ***

Thanks Amy! Fingers crossed it is a growth spurt!! It is just frustrating when I was feeling so much more relaxed about the pregnancy because she was moving so much.. to worry again because of a quiet day! It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one, thanks :)

I know what you mean! I scared myself silly last night too, I just thought I'd check the heart rate with my angel sounds as I havent for a while and I couldnt find it for about half an hour! I was nearly sick with worry and got myself in such a tizz my heart was pounding and then when i did hear it I wasnt sure if it was mine or his. In the end I found him, he was playing hide and seek. :dohh: I always appreciate coming on here and finding I'm not the only one xxx

My little one keeps having quiet days ... she is having one today! My midwife said last week just to keep an eye on it but before you know it they are moving around again!

sounds like a quiet day pussy galore, mine was the same at 24 weeks, he was really quiet for about 3 days, still had slight movements but not the kind i was now used to, then all of a sudden i was getting real big kicks and people could see him moving through my top so i put it down to a growth spurt. i told my MW and she agreed and just said if i ever do get worried give her a call.

amy mine keeps playing hide and seek when i goto the MW! he is a little bugger. i darent get a doppler, i think id go insane with it lol

sounds like a quiet day pussy galore, mine was the same at 24 weeks, he was really quiet for about 3 days, still had slight movements but not the kind i was now used to, then all of a sudden i was getting real big kicks and people could see him moving through my top so i put it down to a growth spurt. i told my MW and she agreed and just said if i ever do get worried give her a call.

amy mine keeps playing hide and seek when i goto the MW! he is a little bugger. i darent get a doppler, i think id go insane with it lol

Thanks... I am feeling much more relieved.. and to be fair the little bean had quite a stressful night last night with four episodes of 24! She must be worn out! Joking aside, it is a relief to know that others have gone through the same. This thread really is a godsend :)

Hiya!

My little bean has been so active lately and even though it is early days I am seeing a pattern in her movement.. until today.

I just wondered if anyone else finds that their little bean has quiet days or if you have noticed reduced movement?

This happened to me on Friday too, and i was starting to get quite anxious about it. Is there anything that usually gets your bean kicking? i find that if i have something sweet to eat s/he usually kicks quite quickly, or if i lie down for a while (on my back, bad i know!!) i can feel the movements easier. That's what i did on Friday and got a couple of little kicks to reassure me - then bean was back to full assault mode on Saturday! :haha:

:hugs:

Pussy Galore - it's defo a quiet day, try not to worry :hugs:
I ate so much that I feel like I'm exploding. Guess I'll have to go running, can't fell asleep if stomach is so full.

I just wondered if I could ask for some reasurrance and advice from you May ladies... especially those of you further on than me!!

I don't want to start another "reduced movement" thread on here.. actually I don't think I have ever started a thread on here... but I am a bit worried today :(

My little bean has been so active lately and even though it is early days I am seeing a pattern in her movement.. until today.

I have read that babies do have quiet days and lazy days so I am trying not to worry. I also appreciate that fetal movement isn't really monitored until 28 weeks..

I just wondered if anyone else finds that their little bean has quiet days or if you have noticed reduced movement?

I am sure I am worrying about nothing :dohh:

Thanks ladies :)

have had the same thing 2day. had a cold drink with ice in it and baby has moved a bit so hope is just a quiet spell.

oh is cooking dinner, lamb stir-fry - smells yum!

my son has said he doesnt like the name cole 4 the baby and has suggested leo. dh likes it but am not 2 sure. any opinions gladly appreciated!!!

we r staying in gib 4 the time being. we may reassess later in the year but feel it's better the kids.

I remembered that when thanking you for your congrats I promised to show you some pictures. Well, tomorrow is month from our wedding so perfect time to show you some. Don't mind watermarks on pictures, can't put photos up to internet without these. Show you 5 as BnB don't let upload more than 5 :winkwink: Pregnant for 20w2d.

Attachments

• aaa1.jpg
    aaa1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 14
  • aaa2.jpg
    aaa2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 14
  • aaa4.jpg
    aaa4.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 17
  • aaa5.jpg
    aaa5.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 18
  • aaa6.jpg
    aaa6.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 11
The pictures are fab, and you look gorgeous :)
Is Estonia in Eastern Europe? You look really Eastern European if you don't mind me saying! Also my Geography is awful :blush:

The pictures are fab, and you look gorgeous :)
Is Estonia in Eastern Europe? You look really Eastern European if you don't mind me saying! Also my Geography is awful :blush:
Yes you can say it's in Eastern Europe but it isn't recommended to say that to someone from ex USSR countries. We take it as offence because we really want to be Estonians not Russians what Eastern Europe means for us, but none taken so everything is alright :thumbup:
Estonia is the little purple one with red flag next to Russia.
viru.tlu.ee/estra/kaart.html

Oh, I apologise! But EE means Poland, Lithuania etc to people here really (or at least to me!) :)

Oh, I apologise! But EE means Poland, Lithuania etc to people here really (or at least to me!) :)
I know it means that's why no offence taken but believe me, people from Poland or Lithuania wouldn't like to hear it also :haha: We just define ourlselves as Europeans :winkwink:

Hi Ladies :wave:

Pussy Galore - my little one has quiet days and busy days. About a week and a half ago she was quiet for about 4-5 days (about 7-8 movements a day, normal is 20+ OH jokes she likes to dance) and then when she did go back to normal the kicks and thumps were so much more powerful so I think she definately had a growth spurt. It is difficult not to worry but I just tell myself I have to trust my body but sometimes its easier said than done :rolleyes:

Speaking of movements LO was the most active she has ever been yesterday and made OH a very happy Daddy by bouncing around for him to feel for a good 20mins :cloud9: Usually she stops when he puts his hand on my belly :dohh: He has started rubbing and talking to my belly a lot recently and I think she is starting to recognise him.

Marta your pictures are absolutely stunning and you both look very happy and contented - thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Ooooh I got an Sma muslin square through the post today - I can't remember signing up with Sma as I plan to breastfeed :shrug: I guess I must have been signed up when I joined another club, maybe Bounty or Emma's diary........ who knows and to be honest I don't really care I am just grateful for the freebie :mrgreen:

My baby is having a very active day in contrast and I'd be feeling the same as you if I didn't feel much during the day as this is how my baby is all the time. But this is normal apparently.

My friend had her baby on Sunday last week and she said that when she was 30 weeks her baby did not move for 24 hours, she was so worried (obviously) went to hospital and as soon as the midwife got the doppler out the cheeky monkey started moving :haha: Your little one is just having a quiet day so please don't worry but just keep an eye on it xxx I'm sure when you are tired and about to go to bed then the kicker will appear again :hugs:

My little one moves when I have a cold drink/juice or food xxx

I got that too Frufru and thought the exact same thing- definitely never signed up with them! x

Oh Shawnie - just saw your news about your baby Kaylee. Hope all is well. I'm sure everything is really busy at the moment but when you get a moment... if that is possible... then let us know all is ok :hugs:

PussyG - message above was for you. Happy 24 weeks too, missed that. I can't get on here during the day at work and sometimes have to read through a mountain of posts to find out what is going on.

I need to sign up to those things now Frufur and Katie as I want a free gift :haha: I was too scared to do it before from Bounty pack in case all didn't go as planned. I'm gagging for anything baby like now.

I went looking for prams on Saturday in John Lewis. Really liked the icandy apple... but wow! The price!? I did say to my husband though that we are having to give up our lovely car for a 'sensible' one so surely we can get a nice pram :haha: Anyone tried the Concord Neo? I've been trying to find it in London or SE and can't seem to find it anywhere :(

I'm 24 weeks tomo woo hoo!

I don't think there will be many of us left soon as everyone seems to be going off to 3rd trimester... exciting but daunting too eh? :) Good luck over there girls xxx

Thanks for all of your support and advice ladies, you have been a great help!

My little bean is still much quieter than normal so I am just hoping it is a quiet day!

Hubby suggested going to see Avatar again cos she moved constantly during that film :)

Thanks Widger and congrats for tomorrow!!!

We bought the icandy apple.. :blush: but are hoping to get at least two uses out of it!! :haha:

And Marta.. your pics are stunning! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"