*** May Babies ***

i agree with you frufru reading to kiddies from an early age is so important, we have a story every night and have done since soph was about 18 months old, i dont know if its helped with her picking up reading but they have just started in school and bring home a book for the week, its only 4 pages long so takes 5 minutes for even her to read, ive actually started getting her to read some of her own books with me and she seems to be picking up words so easily. she does pick up things very easily tho, i may be biased but im not the only one who noticed lol.

mmmm nutella milkshake sounds lovely! ohh i want it on toast now!

moongirl and katie hope your icky day goes better if u finish early :)

happy hunting frufru :D hope you get some bargains :)

well i've been stupidly reading some 3rd tri threads. i didn't realised you bled THAT MUCH after giving birth. i mean, my best mate has told me 'believe me, you'll need lots of pads' but i don't think it's really sunk in. i think i'm looking forward to that less than anything else now... except perhaps pooing whilst giving birth. the thought of it horrified me!! :D

abz xx

its not just pads you'll need - its industrial sized ones!

not everyone poops! try to have a clear out on your due date :blush: xx

ah, but what happens if you run late. or go early. i'm sure i'm going to poo *sigh*.

oh. does anyone know what happens with paternity leave if the baby is late? my OH's work docs say if the baby is early you go on paternity leave straight away, but nothing about if the baby is late? obviously if you end up going two weeks over then his paternity leave would be over before the baby got here :S

abz xx

I remember sitting on the loo trying to go when I was heavily contracting with my daughter becasue I was so scared of it - to be honest i couldnt tell you if I did or didnt in the end. dont worry there is so much going on by then I'm sure you wont notice either way :)

i think that with paternity leave if you go overdue it just starts on the day :) x

yes, well i'm hoping that the fug that surrounds me will make me forget about it. it's also possible i'm hanging onto it as something to dread so i forget about labour :D :D

thanks everyone! i've had a wee lie down for an hour (the benefits of working from home :winkwink:) and feel a little better. think bean must be zapping my energy for some reason... growth spurt on the way maybe :shrug:

ah, but what happens if you run late. or go early. i'm sure i'm going to poo *sigh*.

oh yeah, me too... yuk! that's one thing that i dread too ...horrible thought :nope:

:hugs:

Lucky you Moongirl! just what I need xx

oh i would love a sleep. five hours of work to go. then someone is coming to our house to pick up the exercise bike they bought off us. which is great. dosh. but i just want to go home and sleep. not wait around for people :(

i've got 4 (long) hours to go too. I'm not being productive at all though! :sleep: I'm sure every week gets harder!

Frufru Robert Munsch is a Canadian :happydance: author who wrote "Love you forever" (a relatively serious book for him) and a whole lot of very funny books with lots of repetition (which kids love) and lots of humour in it for the adults too.

Some of my favourites are:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-You-Forever-Robert-Munsch/dp/0920668372
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paper-Bag-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265117581&sr=1-2
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mortimer-M...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265117581&sr=1-6
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mud-Puddle...r_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265117581&sr=1-11

Oh hell... I love them all. :rofl:
You can find an exhaustive list here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obido...&index=books-uk&field-author=Robert N. Munsch

And Robert Munsch's website is here:
https://www.robertmunsch.com/

Enjoy!

happy hunting frufru :D hope you get some bargains :)

well i've been stupidly reading some 3rd tri threads. i didn't realised you bled THAT MUCH after giving birth. i mean, my best mate has told me 'believe me, you'll need lots of pads' but i don't think it's really sunk in. i think i'm looking forward to that less than anything else now... except perhaps pooing whilst giving birth. the thought of it horrified me!! :D

abz xx

Abz.. your labour posts do make me smile! I have previously confessed to enjoying reading the birth stories on 3rd tri and Cactusgirl thought I was mad!! But on the whole I find them reassuring.. although I do think that the whole pooing issue is disturbing!! :haha:

I got me some mini eggs whilst on my lunch break! :happydance:

Abz - congratulations on V-day!

We had a little snowstorm here yesterday so I had to dig out my car today morning. It is so beautiful outside :winkwink:

woohoo PG. bring on the mini eggs. i am indulging in a diet coke at the mo. hoping that a) the fizz will settle my stomach a wee bit, and b) the caffeine will wake me up. the stupour has hit!!

some of the labour stories are lovely but some seem awful!! i mean, not awful because there's a baby at the end obviously. but so traumatic. and they don't all say so in the thread title so i've stopped reading them for now, ha. still. the water birth idea is becoming more and more appealing. i love to float. but then not only may i poo, but i can't exactly ignore it and pretend it didn't happen if it bobs around in front of me can i??!? :S

sorry for being so crude but i guess poo is something we're all going to have to get used to in a few months :)

:rofl:
woohoo PG. bring on the mini eggs. i am indulging in a diet coke at the mo. hoping that a) the fizz will settle my stomach a wee bit, and b) the caffeine will wake me up. the stupour has hit!!

some of the labour stories are lovely but some seem awful!! i mean, not awful because there's a baby at the end obviously. but so traumatic. and they don't all say so in the thread title so i've stopped reading them for now, ha. still. the water birth idea is becoming more and more appealing. i love to float. but then not only may i poo, but i can't exactly ignore it and pretend it didn't happen if it bobs around in front of me can i??!? :S

sorry for being so crude but i guess poo is something we're all going to have to get used to in a few months :)

:rofl: I have just laughed out loud at this one (and I'm at work!!!). I am sure the midwife would discreetly remove any "floaters"!!!

:rofl:

:rofl: I have just laughed out loud at this one (and I'm at work!!!). I am sure the midwife would discreetly remove any "floaters"!!!

i almost spat my tea all over my keyboard - hilarious :D :haha:we have to laugh or we'd cry!!! the things us poor women are put through! :lol::lol:

yes, well. i always thought evolution fell a bit short there. make sex wonderful so men will want to do it and women won't mind too much :)D) and then once you're pregnant, 'oh, sorry, you feel like crap? well it's too late now love. get on with it'... doesn't seem like a fair exchange in some respects does it :D still. wouldn't change it for the world :)

I'm thoroughly confused- what's been going on in here this afternoon?! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->