*** May Babies ***

congrats on 3rd tri jolou :)

well today isn't going so well. this morning the alarm went off, OH rolled over to turn it off and screamed, well, manly screamed. he can't move his back. looks like a muscle spasm so am waiting for the doc to get here as just getting him to the loo and back took us over 20 minutes... and i can't really support his weight. pretty sure they are going to give him painkillers and tell him to move around a lot. but he doesn't get paid sick pay. and after his work being shut for a fortnight and him not getting paid then either, we could really really do without this right now!! someone out there just doesn't like us!!

hopefully the doc will show soon and we can spend the rest of the day getting him moving. they come between 11.30 and 2pm some time... so i'm hoping it will be sooner rather than later. and the house is a tip. i feel like an old person but feel the need to apologise to the doctor for all the junk we are getting rid of being piled up in the living room, ha. and the boxes in the bedroom waiting to go in the attic :S

abz xx

abz - really sorry to hear about your OH, thats awful he doesnt get sick pay! hope the doc has been/arrives soon and is helpful x

Hope the doctor is useful and doesn't just say 'hmm, get plenty of rest'.
And I hope he feels better soon :) I'm the same when the house is a bit messy, I'm like an old woman!

aww hope he feels better soon, theres nothing worse than your back going, i dont think i would cope with marks back going, he was bad enough when he pulled something in his shoulder! lol and dont u worry about the bloomin house i think the doc would understand!

katie - hope u feel better soon!

abz - hope your oh gets better soon!

jolou - congrats on 3rd tri status :dance: i will join u on friday! :dance: oh and my dh also has no desire 2 look at baby clothes let alone pick out an outfit 4 the baby!

i have bought nothing so far apart from a 2 pack of trousers and a 3 pack of tops and am starting 2 panic. i threw a lot of stuff away after erin as we didnt think we were going 2 have another at that stage. need a baby bath, newborn clothes, nappies, muslin cloths......omg the list is endless plus have no money at the moment. dh took car 4 a service 2day and it cost almost £200! :dohh:

It's my littlest dude's first birthday today! :happydance:

Hope everyone's having a good day. I can certainly identify with the money woes, maybebaby. :hugs:

insomnimama - happy birthday to your baby! so baby will have a bother/sister close in age :) my daughters were 15 months apart and are really close, thats lovely xx

awww happy 1st birthday to your LO :D

i keep feeling dizzy and light headed today, happened a few days ago too and last night :( wish i knew what was causing it! doin my head in now

mmm fave tea (Well currently) tonight, salmon, roasted veg and wedges :D

It's my littlest dude's first birthday today! :happydance:

Hope everyone's having a good day. I can certainly identify with the money woes, maybebaby. :hugs:

Happy Birthday to your little one!

Abz.. sorry to hear about your OH. My hubby has had back problems (all hockey related) since I have known him so I feel your pain...

Well after a third day of reduced movement, I finally phoned the midwfe and they sent me straight to the fetal assessment unit at my local hospital. And they were fab!

They offered me an immediate scan and although the little bean was fine :)happydance:) she was as far south as humanly possible and clearly has been there since Sunday pm which is why I can't feel her.

She even wriggled about during the scan and I couldn't feel it! The midwife was not overly concerned but did say that if she continued to be quiet I would have to go back again in a few days and that under no circumstances should I feel like I was making a fuss (which of course I did think I was!)

I was really surprised at everything to be honest since I didn't think they were too worried about fetal movement until 28 weeks..

At least all is well for now :)

that's great they brought you in and checked everything, PG - and even better that bean is ok! :thumbup:

but it has got me thinking..... did they say how long you should wait before phoning them? i've had a day here or there with less movement, just wondered if there was a timeframe (e.g. 24/48 hrs) when they think you should contact them?? i didn't think they bothered much about fetal movements until at least 28 weeks either! it's all so confusing :S

glad everything is good tho, and that you got to see your bean again!!

:hugs:

Moongirl.. it is all so confusing and the midwife said as much!

She basically said it is common for babies to have quiet days and there is nothing to worry about. However if there is a prolonged period of reduced movement (2/3 days) it is worth speaking to the midwife.

The fact that I was only 24 weeks didn't really worry her at all.... and she absolutely encouraged me to go back if the little bean doesn't move up and start kicking again! I even have the direct dial number for the fetal assessment unit!!

I am really glad I called in the end.. so I guess the advice has to be to call if you are worried! :)

wow thats brilliant you got seen PG. When I phone my midwife they show little or no interest and its like im just taking up far too much of their time. Havent felt LO move much today so if its the same tomorrow I will be phoning up for advice.

Hope everything is ok with everyone.x x x

My bump went really quiet for three days last week, but now she's as active as ever... if anything, too active! Especially at night. Sometimes she kicks me so hard it makes me jump, and the pressure on my bladder when she stamps on it is phenominal! I think they must slow down a little bit for a few days and then turn extra adventurous!

This is good to know because I feel like my baby is having some quiet days, I will feel some light kicking but not too much, plus now that I am further along I am expecting harder kicks.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I barely realized I am at the 100 day mark!!! Tomorrow is double digits!!!! Wow I can't believe this:haha: I really hope I check tomorrow I don't want to miss it:haha:

Aww, I felt double fiqures was a big mile stone, now I think 30 weeks and then 50 days but time is going by so quickly!

wow thats brilliant you got seen PG. When I phone my midwife they show little or no interest and its like im just taking up far too much of their time. Havent felt LO move much today so if its the same tomorrow I will be phoning up for advice.

Hope everything is ok with everyone.x x x

If I am honest, I was worried about phoning for that very reason... I thought I would be wasting their time.. but as I said they couldn't have been nicer. I guess I am lucky though because I do appreciate that not everyone has had the same experience.

I haven't had to phone the midwife before but I wouldn't hesitate again if I was worried :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I barely realized I am at the 100 day mark!!! Tomorrow is double digits!!!! Wow I can't believe this:haha: I really hope I check tomorrow I don't want to miss it:haha:

Congrats babyhope!!! :thumbup: i've still got V day to go then double digits!

Hmmmmmmm pancakes....... maybe I'll start them early just to check I've still got the knack of making them :haha:

Congrats on getting to 3rd trimester Jolou! and Babyhope being so close to double DIGITS :happydance:

PGalore - So glad you phoned up about yourl ittle one. You deserve to know if all is well and I'm so glad you got a great response from your midwife. It is your right to check all is well. What a little monkey being so low down... luckily your little one is not kicking down there... then you'd know about it :haha: Glad all is well xx

Hope&F - Get on that phone too if worried xxx

Moongirl - I didn't actually buy the icandy apple... still debating it really. Did really like the cherry would have just liked a bit more choice with the colours that is all. What have you gone for? The man in John Lewis said that he had the cherry and thought it was brilliant.

Frufru - HOpe you get some bargains on Sat

Logansmama - Hope not feeling too teary xx

Katie - 5 weeks till you are off work?? You lucky lucky girl. I can't wait for mine. I'm gagging for 1st April!

As for me - I'm viable too :yipee: Such a great feeling isn't it!!! Had midwife appointment today and baby measuring 25 weeks by fundal which matches up to my scan. By the way - is it normal to put on 1lb a day? YIKES!!! That has happened the last 3 days!!!!

hi widger!

i'm almost decided on the icandy cherry - but yeah i would have liked more choices in the colour. I really liked the purple one but my hubby didn't at all! :haha: so i'll probably go for fudge (the cream and brown one) although would have liked something brighter!! will wait and see. I'm the type of person that takes aaagggees to decide on anything so i probably won't buy for a while!

and congrats on being viable hun, i can't wait until sunday!! :happydance:

have a good night all! i'm off to cook some dinner and then pick my hubby up from the airport. he's been away since sunday night and i've really missed him (i'm a sap, i know! :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->