*** May Babies ***

Well ladies... looks like i'm not a may mummy anymore, they moved my due date to June 11th, because of the ultrasound!

I didnt know they could change dates that much from the 20 week U/S! but yeah, PG is right. We could be dropping our babes into june :p xx

good morning everyone. i think you should stay with us anyway babeeangel. i'm expecting to go into june really as i'm due on the 24th :)

well i feel a bit of a numpty this morning after all the fuss last night. but i would have been a wreck if i hadn't gone so i suppose numpty is the better option :) and it was my midwife that thought i should go, so...

am about to pop into the bath. have a couple of hours before midwife appointment. am hoping the rain goes away before i have to walk to the docs :S

abz xx

hey everyone!!

Abz - so pleased everything is ok and hope you get all your questions answered today!!
hope&faith - glad everythink ok with bubs, hope you feel better soon!
babeeangel - i've been hanging out in both May and June threads since i'm due on the 30th may! Come over and say hi to hedge your bets ;) You never know, maybe you'll be a bit early and just squeeze into May!!!

i feel much better today (so far!), much less tired. Wonder if it's that Friday feeling ;)

oh and have a lovely weekend away Joulou - sounds great!!!
:hugs:

Morning ladies,

how is everyone today? Im still feeling rather poorly and stressed out but im hoping for a nice weekend with oh. We are going to Twycross zoo tomorrow and then to a friends - they are having a party for there 6 month old (more of an excuse to have a social occasion I think!) I think my bump is measuring small by midwifes measurements on my growth chart and considering I was overweight to start with I was expecting her to be measuring bigger. hmmm well I wont be seeing them again for two weeks so i guess I will just see what they say then!

Anyway enough from me! x x x

i must remember to ask her about my hips and about my bump's kidneys having too much fluid and not being scanned again. everyone else seems to get another scan. my baby gets scanned up to six weeks after it's born to make sure it's ok, which seems a bit backwards somehow... so will ask about that.

If I remember rightly, wasn't your measurement about 7mm? When I was at the FMU, the lady told me they (whoever 'they' are) are changing the upper limit from 5mm to 7mm, to save unnecessary worry. I think (at LWH anyway) the treatment depends on the degree of dilation xx

Helllooooooooo!!!! Feels like I have been away for ages - have driven over 1000 miles this week so glad to be finally back in the office and have time to catch up with my favourite thread!!

Shawnie - I cannot believe a May baby is here already hun. I really hope everything is ok for you all and your LO is doing well.

Maybebaby - at least a decision was made sooner rather than later to stay (ie before offers made on flat etc) and sounds like you will be better off staying in Gibralter for the time being. Hope you are happy with the decision

PussyGalore and all the talk of reduced movement - really glad you were taken seriously and great to hear they treated you so well. I too have days when I have very little movement but I just remind myself that there are days when I am running around like a blue arsed fly and others when I am slobbing out on the couch hardly moving so there is no reason the LO should not be doing the same!!

MartaMi - wow your wedding photos are BEAUTIFUL!! Your LO will be stunning if the 2 of you are anything to go by!

Abs - really glad you got checked over and your mind was put at rest. And regarding the talk of water births and floaters - some of the birthing pools I have checked out come with a small fishing net so the mw can fish any mishaps straight out!!! :haha: how delightful!!

Congrats to everyone reaching V or double digits!! Very exciting!

Well I am doing ok this week despite the travelling. I had my 25 week apt on Monday - I was annoyed as apparently on the top of my notes it said that I had already had one pregnancy (in code) so when the mw said 'so this is your second pregnancy' I was like 'er no think I would have remembered that' so she adjusted my notes. The measurements were more or less spot on for fundal height I think it is called. I don't really understand how they measure it as I still feel quite small for 25 weeks so how can they measure a much bigger bump and say it is on track??

Anyway have another apt in 3 weeks (well 2.5 weeks now) to retake bloods for my anaemia and blood sugar, then another apt 3 weeks after that. That will take me to 31 weeks - that seems to be getting very close then?!? When does it go to 2 weekly??

Anyway think that is it for my news for the time being!

x

What IS fundal height? What are they measuring- is it your uterus? Mine is really high I think, not sure where it's supposed to be though :shrug: Suppose I'll find out at my MW appointment- my first with the community mw since I was 7 weeks :wacko:

What IS fundal height? What are they measuring- is it your uterus? Mine is really high I think, not sure where it's supposed to be though :shrug: Suppose I'll find out at my MW appointment- my first with the community mw since I was 7 weeks :wacko:

I asked the mw and she said it was measuring the size of the uterus - she measured from the top of my bump to the pubic bone and said I was measuring 25.5wks which was perfect. But like I said I don't understand how someone else the same stage with a much bigger bump (and looking at some of the bump photos there are lots bigger) can measure the same?!? :dohh:

Hope the office does not do your head in too much this afternoon - just start counting the days till you can leave!!

Morning ladies just a quickie this morning from me as im due to leave in an hour and need to have something to eat.. Marks orders lol.

I think fundal height is from the bottom of your uterus to the top, it should measure in CMs the exact same or just a little over/under how many weeks you are. Mine was 27cms and i was 26 weeks. please correct me if im wrong :)

glad all went well abz!

yay logansmama on the dry night! :D lets hope its the same tonight huh.

babeenagel stick with us anyway :) u might go early ya never know! i think il end up having Harrison in april if they decide to go exactly a week early with my section but im stickin in here :) this is home to me now lol.

cactus girl it will start to get to every 2 weeks i think around 32 weeks im not sure tho, each area is different i think! i next see my MW on 22nd where i think im 30 weeks.

katie i have a sneaky suspicion (sp?) that you dont like fridays much :) i remember you said u were in a foul mood last friday too hehe

hope&faith hope you feel a bit better after the weekend, you might just need to destress/relax a little, your doing an assignment arent you or something like that?

mmm i think i might have to get a mcdonalds when im on my way to chester, im starving and fancy some meat!!

well have a nice weekend everyone! and no doubt il have about 10 pages to catch up on :)

i hope your day brightens up a bit katie xx

hey everyone. well i just got back from the midwife. a new midwife it turns out as the old one left. although i spoke with her yesterday before going to the hospital, so she's going to be confused as i told her i had an appointment with her today :S

anways, all is fine. she started off by telling me that because i had 'extra padding' i would probably measure big with my fundal height, only for it to be bang on. which surely would mean that my baby was small really? so i don't get it. she was nice enough. but rather dismissive. i'm being referred to a group physio for hip pain. but she didn't even check it out. just wrote it down. and 'taught' me how to get up from lying down without using my tummy muscles. presumably that's why i'm tender under my bump? i don't know she didn't say.

did get my matb1 and my hip form though. which i need to send off next friday. so something came of it all. of course got to listen to heartbeat again :)

and she didn't really seem to have a clue about my baby's kidneys. she said i wouldn't be scanned again. they might want to take regular urine samples from my baby to check for urine infections if when she was scanned after birth the extra fluid in her kidneys hadn't sorted itself.

i'm blathering again. right. am off to read james herriot :D

abz xx

Ahh thanks for the fundal height explanations! About how can different sizes measure the same- I wondered that too! Maybe it's because a lot ladies with bigger bumps (except possibly me because I feel huge!) started out on the bigger side iykwim?
You're right Jo, I hate Fridays- until 5pm :happydance: I actually just hate every day I spend in here :dohh: It sounds awful but I just don't like doing an office junior job.. I got the same job as most of the other people in here, I'm paid the same and I'm just as capable. GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO DAMMIT!
Okay I'm done :lol:
I'm going to Manchester tomorrow, shopping and to dinner and then staying at the Deansgate Premier Inn :cloud9: Early V Day celebrations because Vinny has to work next weekend! xx

Welcome back Cactusgirl after your mad week!! I can genuinely say that I have not been over to 3rd tri in your absence!! :blush:

I was looking at fundal height measurements yesterday (only cos I have my 25 wk appt with the midwife next week and I was curious) and found this

https://www.gynob.com/fh.htm

What interested me the most was how high your uterus is by 38 weeks :wacko:

So glad it is Friday and I have 20 mins left in the office!! :happydance:

Welcome back Cactusgirl after your mad week!! I can genuinely say that I have not been over to 3rd tri in your absence!! :blush:

I was looking at fundal height measurements yesterday (only cos I have my 25 wk appt with the midwife next week and I was curious) and found this

https://www.gynob.com/fh.htm

What interested me the most was how high your uterus is by 38 weeks :wacko:

So glad it is Friday and I have 20 mins left in the office!! :happydance:

thanks Pussy Galore!

Hmmmmm that picture in the link you posted with the hand right up the flue was a sight to behold!! Thank goodness I was not measured like that?!?!? :haha:

''In summary, the fundal height is an antiquated and sometimes obsolete method of judging the appropriate growth of the baby during a pregnancy'' this was an interesting quote though!!

:happydance:26 weeks!!!:happydance:

Ok a little confused am I 26 weeks or 27? I have heard that you are a week ahead of your ticker, I have no idea:shrug:

Today is good day for me, it is Friday, I have a 3 day weekend and I went up another week!!!

You are twenty six weeks, which means you are beginning your twenty seventh week ;) though in fact your fetus is twenty four weeks and beginning its twenty fifth week, because the first two weeks don't count :rofl:

Confused yet?

i have managed to sleep aaaall day. except for the hour i was at the docs with a few mins either side... have read my book a bit. oh and i had a bath too. but talk about a lazy day :S must have needed it though. i am still tired but thought i should really get up!!

have a fabulous valentines celebration katie :D

abz xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"