*** May Babies ***

i think i am going to leave at the end of april. haven't really decided properly though. and that's using up some holiday. so i think my mat leave will start mid-may some time :)

abz

ok, I'm probably being really thick but whats a doula?

Abz a doula is someone that assists with the birth like a birthing partner but is not medically trained like a midwife. My doula has 5 kids and has experienced about 20 births with other ladies. She will come at the first twinge and stay and support you throughout the birth. I think I especially need the extra support as DH is extremely squeamish and not sure how much support he is actually going to be when the time comes!!

Katie_xx the Please look after me range is very cute!! Good choice!

Had a good weekend but really am not sleeping well now - it is such an effort to haul myself over at night it just wakes me up and then can't get back to sleep for ages!! I feel like a beached whale and I would not even consider myself having that big a bump at the mo.

Went to the drs this am as have had some bleeding from my bum when I wipe (presuming it is the pleasant start of piles due to the iron supplements) and had to endure the humiliation of the practice nurse sticking her finger up my bum hole at 8:30 this morning. How dignified. I am clenching thinking about it! :blush: She said she could not see or feel anything which I suppose is good news and just given me some cream if it bleeds again.

I too am in the limbo of 26-27 weeks now and thinking it is time to move over to 3rd but it is too scary at the moment. I think I will hover between the two for another few weeks. I can remember feeling like this from 1st to 2nd though and have LOVED it here!!

hi everyone! :wave:

well i've had the laziest weekend ever :sleep: - stayed in bed until lunchtime yesterday and then just got up and moved to the couch :haha: it was lovely!! What i can't believe is that i easily got to sleep last night and slept pretty much right through! must've needed it!! although i'm the same as you cactusgirl, if i need to roll over it takes so much effort i have to wake up!

i dont think i could cope with shifts now, i struggle to make it through a whole day 9-5 :haha: so well done abz!!

I've been having a read of the May babies 3rd tri thread too, mainly because i don't want to have to spend a week catching up when i eventually move over! There doesn't seem to be an awful lot happening in there tho? so i'm happy to stay here with at least a couple of you guys for the next wee while!! Oh and at last i reached viability day!!!!:happydance:

well here's to another week closer to maternity leave :winkwink:
:hugs:

Moongirl - yay to lazy days like that - love it!! And congrats on V day!!

oh cactusgirl i'm sorry you had to go through that. good that there's nothing wrong though. and would it have been any better if it had been mid-afternoon? :)

happy v-day moongirl :D

i did count the weeks until i was due to leave but have forgotten (doh!) so i'll have to do a recount :D

abz xx

cactusgirl - poor you!! :blush: at least you'll be well prepped for the undignifiedness of later on :D I'm with you on the sleeping problem too. I cant get comfy and turning is like a massive trauma :D

moongirl congrats on V day :happydance::flower: xx

Moongirl... congrats on V day!! :happydance:

Cactusgirl... I was clenching just reading your post!! I am anticipating having to take iron supplements because of my veggie diet.. is this something that I will face too then!? :blush:

Abz.. looks like we are both working until nearer our due dates then :(

I am struggling with work today!!

oh cactusgirl i'm sorry you had to go through that. good that there's nothing wrong though. and would it have been any better if it had been mid-afternoon? :)

abz xx

good point!! Suppose it was just the first thing Monday morning which stung more!! :haha:

PG and abz - I'm working until 39+4. so I still have 13 weeks odd left. :cry: I can annoy everyone here shuffling and huffing and puffing about :)

oh honey. right to the very end!! maybe bubs will show up a wee bit early? :D

well i am doing what looks like a strange waddle type motion as i walk. i'm trying to walk without using my hips and pelvis as much as possible, so i'm doing the 'just moving the bottom of your legs' walk, and i look so silly.

abz xx

oh honey. right to the very end!! maybe bubs will show up a wee bit early? :D

well i am doing what looks like a strange waddle type motion as i walk. i'm trying to walk without using my hips and pelvis as much as possible, so i'm doing the 'just moving the bottom of your legs' walk, and i look so silly.

abz xx

hehe :haha: I'm sure you look very cute waddling :)

Yeah, I want to work till the end so I get more time off afterwards. My first two were late so I expect he will be. Plus if I was at home I'd only eat tons and need hoisting out of the house on D-Day :D x

yes, well. i think i may require that myself :S

i am just sick of being at work to be honest. i don't feel like i can really get stuck into anything because i'm leaving in a couple of months so long-term projects are out (even if one came up) and i just want out. i want more time off afterwards too, but seeing as i can't be sure my job will even be here when i'm due to come back i'm trying not to worry about it too much.

abz xx

i'm with you on being sick of being at work. I've lost all enthusiasm. My dept is going through a lot of changes so I dont know how my job will have changed when I come back :( fingers crossed your job is still there for you after.

i want a cup of tea but cant be bothered to move :coffee: :sleep:

aww thanks girls!!

it's so hard knowing what to do about maternity leave isn't it? especially for me being a first timer!! I'm thinking of starting mat leave at about 36 weeks (start of May) but i have quite a lot of holidays which i might use the week before, or i might start taking a day a week off maybe from about mid march? i dunno!! it's not that i feel i can't be at work i'm just fed up, tired and can't really focus properly, so not that much use :haha: guess i'll just wait and see how i feel later on...

:hugs:

moongirl - I think thats very sensible! I had a different job before and I was part time - full time now so I dont know how hard it will be near the end! plus I am older now :'( hehe

Cactusgirl... I was clenching just reading your post!! I am anticipating having to take iron supplements because of my veggie diet.. is this something that I will face too then!? :blush:

Drink plenty of water, eat lots of fruit and veg, if you can avoid constipation then that is the best bet!! I am not constipated but things are definitely becoming 'harder' to push out :blush: which I presume is what is causing the bleeding!

I really cannot keep my mind on work which is a nightmare running my own business!! I cannot wait to finish for mat leave. I have a few projects I just want to see through but once they are signed sealed and delivered (fingers crossed!) that will be me. Planning on finishing full time mid April a month before DD but aiming to go part time asap - maybe as soon as beginning of March.

sorry your bum is so poorly cg :( are you glugging plenty? i'm drinking water like there's no tomorrow in the hope of keeping away these spasms they think may be due to a uti. keep on ringing the delivery suite at the hospital for my test results from thursday night but they aren't answering the phone. heaven help me if i was having a baby!! :S

abz xx

Sorry to hear everyone's bottom ends are not behaving themselves :rofl:

My lower back is being a big pain in the ass. I am looking forward to Insomnitoddler's naptime like you would not believe...

cactusgirl - wow, you run your own business! impressive lady :thumbup:

I love the way this thread rambles on.. especially whilst we are all at work!!

I spent much of last week laughing about water births and floating poos and now we are discussing bottom problems!! :rofl:

I wonder how our discussions will progress when we all move over to third tri...!?

So are we all watching One Born Every Minute tomorrow night? That is bound to raise some interesting debates on this thread!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->