*** May Babies ***

i don't have tv at home... i ended up watching it too damn much. what's it about??

and in the third tri we'll be talking about worse bottom problems and more mucus i would imagine :D isn't pregnancy gross? :D ha.

have just posted on a third tri thread. but after reading a birth story that didn't have a trauma warning in the title the other day birth is now terrifying :( i was staying in denial... then i didn't :(

abz xx

sorry your bum is so poorly cg :( are you glugging plenty? i'm drinking water like there's no tomorrow in the hope of keeping away these spasms they think may be due to a uti. keep on ringing the delivery suite at the hospital for my test results from thursday night but they aren't answering the phone. heaven help me if i was having a baby!! :S

abz xx

Yeah I try and drink loads of water but then need to stop early evening or else will have another excuse not to get any sleep!
Hope you get your results soon - apparently cranberry juice is good for UTIs but find it is not as nice without the vodka anymore!! :haha:

cactusgirl - wow, you run your own business! impressive lady :thumbup:

Thanks! I run it with my DH we sell software to colleges and training providers for them to deliver vocational courses on the internet. I love it but it has been a hard slog to get it to the stage where we have been able to consider having a family as up till now it has been me doing all the sales so if I had wanted mat leave we would not get any new business coming in!!

But have now built up a sales team which means I can finally take more of a back seat!! Cannot see me relaxing fully about it though as sure DH will be home every night telling me what has been happening!! The business has been our baby up until now!!

have just posted on a third tri thread. but after reading a birth story that didn't have a trauma warning in the title the other day birth is now terrifying :( i was staying in denial... then i didn't :(

abz xx

I agree that all the birth stories should have a star rating 1-5 depending how traumatic they are and then I can read all the lovely, magical 1* experiences and try and ignore the 3* and above ones!!!

brill business cg :D

finally got through. have been ringing all morning and the midwife tried to put me through to maternity assessment... which isn't open in normal hours :S but she finally found my results. all came back normal. which is fab. so my urine infection has gone. but i'm still getting kidney pains... so what could that be all about? :S

abz xx

I love the way this thread rambles on.. especially whilst we are all at work!!

So are we all watching One Born Every Minute tomorrow night? That is bound to raise some interesting debates on this thread!!! :haha:

I cant wait for this program! i actually burst into tears the first time I saw the advert - partly due to being a hormonal fool and partly because i freaked out big time!!! Its on after extreme parenting which I am also looking forward to thanks to my older children that have run me ragged and exhausted me over the weekend :haha:

there seems to be a lot of smelly discharge chats in 3rd trimester - we can look forward to that :blush:

insomnimama sorry about your back, mine plays me up too. hope you get some rest x

i don't have tv at home... i ended up watching it too damn much. what's it about??

and in the third tri we'll be talking about worse bottom problems and more mucus i would imagine :D isn't pregnancy gross? :D ha.

abz xx

It is about the realities of giving birth and I would imagine features some live births! Trying to get hubby to watch it too but he is having none of it!! :haha:

aargh. having none of that!! denial will stay partly in place!!

I love the way this thread rambles on.. especially whilst we are all at work!!

I spent much of last week laughing about water births and floating poos and now we are discussing bottom problems!! :rofl:

I wonder how our discussions will progress when we all move over to third tri...!?

So are we all watching One Born Every Minute tomorrow night? That is bound to raise some interesting debates on this thread!!! :haha:

:haha: I know we don't half get onto some topics!! I refuse to add 'TMI' to my posts as this is the one place I know you guys will understand!! I told my DH about having the nurses finger up my bum this morning and he went just went pale and refused to discuss it any further!! :shrug:

I will watch One Born Every Minute even though I know I probably shouldn't after the state I got myself in after that bloody Amanda Holden programme but it is like car crash telly and I cannot help myself :dohh:

cactus girl re: I told my DH about having the nurses finger up my bum this morning and he went just went pale and refused to discuss it

haha - he went pale :laugh2::rofl: they cant handle it can they!

my OH doesn't care about the gross stuff but doesn't want to listen when i'm worried about something bad happening as he says he couldn't handle it if anything happened to me. so i'll just keep on moaning on here i guess.

Yep.. my OH is the same so I am glad we can all have a moan on here!

Really looking forward to our chats on Wednesday then!!! :haha:

finally got through. have been ringing all morning and the midwife tried to put me through to maternity assessment... which isn't open in normal hours :S but she finally found my results. all came back normal. which is fab. so my urine infection has gone. but i'm still getting kidney pains... so what could that be all about? :S

abz xx

Ooh, me me me! I had this a month or two ago after a UTI, my MW explained it like...
When you have a bad spot and it eventually goes down, there's still a mark there for a while. Apparently it's the same sort of thing with a UTI, your kidneys are a bit achy for a few days xx

The graphic discussions about live births for those of us watching One Born Every Minute on Tuesday night!! :)

abz xx

Ooh, me me me! I had this a month or two ago after a UTI, my MW explained it like...
When you have a bad spot and it eventually goes down, there's still a mark there for a while. Apparently it's the same sort of thing with a UTI, your kidneys are a bit achy for a few days xx

Abz.. glad your results were normal :)

Ooh I've got that song in my head that goes
FOURTHREETWOONE.. GO BABY GO BABY GO!

I'm excited to watch that tomorrow, what time's it on? Is it 9? I'm going to make Vinny watch it, he's way more scared for the birth than I am!

katie_xx - thats interesting! so its poor sore kidneys! Thanks I have that sone stuck in my head now too :thumbup::haha:

abz - brilliant news the UTI has gone. it must be very relaxing not to have a TV. My OH would have a nervous breakdown if I suggested getting rid of ours! :haha: x

oh good grief. you are going to terrify me!! ha. i will survive no doubt :D

thanks for that explanation katie. it helps :) my midwife just didn't seem to want to tell me anything, or the reasons for anything. would just say 'oh, is that sore' and then wander off, and i'm left thinking, well i said yes, are you going to tell me what's the matter? ha.

the midwife at the maternity assessment place at the hospital was absolutely lovely. i want her :D plus, she's already had to swab me when i hadn't shaved my legs and had only had a hasty 'trim' so i've already lost plenty of dignity. pooing in front of her would just be the next step :D

abz xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"