*** May Babies ***

hehe, I have to have tea (decaf) before bed. Glad you had a nice meal hope&faith and your OH sounds fab! I dont think anyone has run me a bath since my mum did when I was little!

abz - poor you, sounds like you really need to take a break and rest up!

I have double decker cravings, its everything about them. The crunch, the goo and the chocolate mmmm I want one now!!

Abz - good news that your UTI has cleared up but big bad BOO about your hip pain :hugs: Do not feel bad about what you can and can't do at work - your employer is obliged to carry out a health and safety assessment of your job role and adjust your responsibilities accordingly:
FROM THE GOV.UK WEBSITE:
Risk assessment
When you tell your employer that you are pregnant your employer should review their risk assessment for your specific work and identify any changes that are necessary to protect you and your unborn baby's health. Your employer should involve you in the process and continue to review the assessment as your pregnancy progresses to see if any adjustments are necessary.
These risks might be caused by:
- lifting or carrying heavy loads
- standing or sitting for long periods
- exposure to toxic substances
- long working hours
Your employer must then either remove the risk or remove you from being exposed to it (for example, by offering you suitable alternative work). If neither of these is possible, your employer should suspend you from work on full pay.

CG & Moongirl - I am totally with you both on the whole having to wake yourself up to turn over in bed :wacko: The trouble is once I am awake and have moved it takes about half an hour to fall asleep and I need to turn over every couple of hours - as a result it takes me 10 hours in bed to have a decent 8 hour kip :rolleyes: I see this as practice for when LO needs feeding every couple of hours once she is here :winkwink:

Congratulations on V-day for yesterday Moongirl - it is my V-day today :mrgreen: :happydance: :dance: :yipee: :headspin: :coolio: :wohoo:

CG - you poor thing :hugs: what a way to start the day. Hopefully things have improved for you since then! I am just waiting for an information pack from my prospective Doula, I have um’d and ah’d about having one but am dead-set on it now - like you I have a very squeamish OH and regardless whether I get the home birth I want or end up in hospital I need to know I have someone on hand that is not going to pull a whitey on me! I bought OH the Blokes Guide to Pregnancy for Christmas and it has not been off the shelf apart from when I had a read through it :rolleyes: - I know he is worried about how he will handle the whole birth thing but I would have thought preparing himself would help :shrug: Oh well - thats why I am having a doula :winkwink:

After an active weekend I have been waddling a little today - I am having a little sciatic pain in my right bum cheek and then the groin pain is back in the left hip :rolleyes: My yoga stretches are helping but my bump and LO seem to be growing so fast I think these aches and pains are just a result of the fact my body is struggling to keep up with the growth spurt :wacko:

I hope your back is feeling better Insomnimama - how did Insomnipapa's exam go?

Oh Amy - surely you must be able to get someone to make you cups of tea at work :winkwink:

Thank you to everyone for the reminder about One Born Every Minute - I have set it to record for tomorrow in case I forget :thumbup:

I have really enjoyed this thread in 2nd tri - I look forward to checking in every day and seeing how you are all doing :blush: I have been popping onto the third tri thread now and then but it seems quite quiet - well we will all be over there soon enough and there will be no more peace and quiet :haha: I have wondered if we should even think about a more permanent home with a thread in the groups section which can just continue running once our LO's are all here?

Well - after my MASSIVE post, it is time for me to retire for the evening. Enjoy your ovaltines ladies, I shall stick with my options belgian choc :winkwink:

Sleep tight :hugs:

Insomnipapa's exam went a lot better than last time, but we won't find out the result till a week today (Monday). So have fingers tightly crossed till then. :)

I have been really bad with food, I have had Subway 3 days in a row! I am just really digging it!

I am really excited for Valentines weekend hubby and I our going to the coast! I am so excited, we haven't went off together in while (last July). A little bummed that we can't have drinks, but loving the idea of having hot chocolate on the pier and going out to dinner and enjoying clam chowder! I am also feeling really really bad because my son wants to go so bad he has said Please! Please! I am about to give in and take him but this might be mine and hubby's last romantic night out before baby gets here. I feel so horrible leaving him but I really just want it to be hubby and I.

hi all i'm finding it really difficult 2 keep up in here! have a free period at school now so thought i'd check in and see how u r all doing and there have been PAGES for me 2 look at!!! lol!

bought a pram yesterday - mothercare my4 lime green colour (i think it's called hide and seek) the chassis is not here yet so they are holding the pram bit til it gets here in a few weeks time. i double checked with the sales guy that it would be here b4 baby arrived!!! he said it will be a couple of weeks. my son chose the colour of the pram as he is obsessed with the colour green and said that the baby would like it 2. it is a nice summery colour 2. i hope it won't be difficult 2 keep clean!!! the pram bit converts to a seat which is good as that means no wastage and it comes with all the extras that u usually have 2 buy separately and end up costing a fortune!!!

Happy V Day Frufru!
I'm not sure what's got into me this morning.. it's 9.50 and I'm worrying about movement. She's usually really active in the mornings before I go to work/when I first get in, and I've felt one faint kick about 10 minutes ago and that's it :(

frufru congrats on V day :cake::dance::yipee:

babyhope - dont feel guilty, enjoy a night out with hubby, like you say you might not have another chance for a while :)

maybebaby3 - great news on the pram, i want to get mine ordered!!! DH wont let me until we have HIP through :(

katie_xx - its good you have felt a kick, maybe she's just changed routine, mine did. I'm sure she's fine and its just one of those quiet days we all seem to get every now and again. But if you are really worried then maybe call your MW if she's still quiet by midday? xxx:hugs2:

Thanks :) I've calmed down a bit now and remembered I haven't actually eaten yet which may well be contributing! :dohh:
Just considering the fact that I have boring sandwiches and water and an apple, and thinking maybe I should go and get something more interesting.. I'm so rubbish at being healthy! I can't afford to go out to get something anyway, keeping my OH in cigarettes is an expensive business :dohh:

katie_xx- eat something :) you need your breakfast missy! :p

so you have to pay for your OH's ciggies! thats not fair - make him go cold turkey xx

Morning all,

Frufru - congrats on V day!! :happydance: and I think it is a lovely idea about setting up a permanent thread on the group section for us guys when our LO's are here!! :)

Babyhope - your Valentines weekend sounds lovely! I am so jealous!! We are going out for a meal but I think I need to be having words with hubby, especially since it our first Valentines as hubby and wife!!

maybebaby - congrats on buying your pram! I found pram buying so much fun even if we spent more than we had budgeted! :blush:

katie - sorry to hear you are concerned about movement. I think a lot of us have had similar worries of late which could be down to growth spurts, but I absolutely agree if you continue to be worried phone your mw.

I had my 25 wk midwife appt this am and might have a UTI :( but I hear that this is relatively normal? Anyone else experienced this? I have to take another sample in tomorrow for proper testing. The midwife did say that everyone she has tested today has had the same result so it could be the sticks!! :dohh:

On the plus side, I got my MATB1 so I will sort out my maternity leave now and I got my HIP grant form! :happydance:

And I got the forms for my 28 week bloods which I have done at the hospital and was advised that they take another four viles of blood!! :wacko:

Right better go... this is quite a long post for me!! :)

Yeah- and I quit before I even got my BFP because I was sick of paying for cigarettes!
He gets paid cash fortnightly (he's a hotel manager but the hotel is a bit dodgy imo!) and for some reason only makes it last a week.. I think because he knows I'll bail him out :dohh: This morning pissed me off though, I was talking about how I only have £90 til the end of the month, which includes paying for my phone bill which is around £40.
He asked me to get him cigarettes, so we went to a cash machine and for some reason I ended up giving him £20 when I'm trying not to spend anything this week :(
Okay, moan over!

Eek- what are the 28 weeks bloods for PG? It's nothing to do with anti D is it? I can't face getting blood taken and an injection in the same day :lol:

On the movement front- she's woken up now. Someone came in with chocolate and after eating some, it appears she just needs a sugar kick to wake up- like her mum! :lol:

Katie_xx what a naughty man, I hope he spoils you the same way when you have LO! :) I hate trying to make money last, something always comes up!

thats brill she's moving - definate reason to have chocolate for breakfast every day now :haha::happydance:

28 week bloods are to check your iron levels I think...

Hey ladies! aww well my LO seems to be having another couple of quiet days so hoping all is well but she just seems quiet alot of the time and midwife isnt concerened.

I have to have bloods taken and the antiD on the same day, not looking forward to the 28 week appointment!

Hope everyone is ok today x x x

hey everyone. thanks for your lovely posts :)

it isn't sciatica. i have that in my right leg from an existing back problem with my four lower vertebrae, but that is managable now. and i have it in my left butt cheek which is far more irritating, ha. this was really nasty hip pain. it seems to have eased quite a bit today. have sauntered carefully around a shopping centre this morning and am now at the start of my 10 hour shift at work :( but i plan on moving very little and it's much better. i mananged to walk, rather than crawl, down the stairs this morning :)

i have just spent £50 on clothes for bump this morning in a month when we have no money as OH isn't getting paid more than statutory sick pay with his back. doh!! ah well. i have three babygroes and two dresses with tops/cardis for when she's a little bit older (blue cross sale for one of those and the other i just couldn't resist for 3-6 months, ha) and then a matching set of dungarees and hat :D so i got quite a bit for the money, but even so :S :S oops. still. i'm feeling rather chipper today. it's freezing outside but the sun is shining :)

i have to go to the hospital for my anti-d and think i have a seperate midwife appointment at 28 weeks so am not sure what's going to happen there :)

katie, glad your little one got shuffling this morning :) mini eggs do the trick for me but i think i'm coming down with a bit of a habit :S :S

how is everyone doing this aft?

abz xx

Well im very tired and still on a mission to get this uni work finished before the baby arrives. An evil tutor came in yesterday and announced it was 35 working days until our dissertations are due well is actually about 9 weeks including easter so i spent time yesterday writing a plan and now im finding the methodology bit a little easier to do!

My doggie os also poorly. She is 13 and we are having to take her to the vets this afternoon as you can feel her ribs on one side but not on the other as there is a mass there, hopefully the vet will be able to help but it could be expensive. x

Retail therapy is a cure for all ills IMO :D Sounds like you got quite a lot abz! £50 never seems to go far for me either.. although I'm quite into the 3 for £10 sleepsuits in Debenhams!
I have anti D at 28 weeks at hospital too, and I have a 26 week midwife appointment.. will I have a 28 week one too? :wacko: I'm awful at keeping up with where I should be and when!

Eek- what are the 28 weeks bloods for PG? It's nothing to do with anti D is it? I can't face getting blood taken and an injection in the same day :lol:

On the movement front- she's woken up now. Someone came in with chocolate and after eating some, it appears she just needs a sugar kick to wake up- like her mum! :lol:

Glad your LO has woken up!

I can't fully remember what the midwfe said about the 28 week bloods but my forms suggest that they do a full blood count to check iron levels, they check the rhesus factor again and blood group and I assume check whether you need the anti-D injection?

And there was me only thinking they checked iron levels!!

Well im very tired and still on a mission to get this uni work finished before the baby arrives. An evil tutor came in yesterday and announced it was 35 working days until our dissertations are due well is actually about 9 weeks including easter so i spent time yesterday writing a plan and now im finding the methodology bit a little easier to do!

My doggie os also poorly. She is 13 and we are having to take her to the vets this afternoon as you can feel her ribs on one side but not on the other as there is a mass there, hopefully the vet will be able to help but it could be expensive. x

Sorry to hear about your doggie :(

I have two cats and have had them since they were 6 weeks old and they are now 12.. and they have been my little babies up until now! I had to take one of them to the vet last week because she has been losing hair on her bum and tummy and it was so stressful. I have no idea how I will ever cope if my LO is ill :(

Keep us posted x

That's not the way to play :nope: When I'm here you guys won't write anything and when I can't be in internet you write for pages. 11 pages with couple of days. Huhh.
Anyway, although I really-really love the snow and this weather, going out today morning made me sigh. For real, it had snowed again and I had to clean my car which was covered with snow.
Don't hav time to read all those pages but hugs for everybody who need them and congrats for everybody who deserve them :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->