*** May Babies ***

sorry to hear about your dog hope&faith :( hope she's ok and the vet can get it sorted.

good news that you are finding your dissertation more managable now though :)

i got the three for a tenner sleepsuits katie. green stripey, jungly and, um, (hang on) ah, a green one with safari and a few animals on it :)

as for midwife appointments. i only ever kind of know when my next one is. have realised i have to have a mw appointment, my anti-d stuff and now a physio appointment. quite probably all around the same time. i think my supervisor is getting a little stressed with organising cover. not that they are replacing me so they'll have to cope anyways, ha.

really want a donut. i seem to have a thing for them, but i never eat just one. it's always at least two :S

oh. and what foods are good for iron? i know red meat, spinach/brocolli and vit c to absorb it better. are there any good fruits for iron? i thought bananas were but now i'm not so sure...

ha. hi marta :) i bet it looks truly beautiful :)

abz xx

The ones I got were pink abz! Well, two were black and white with pink on and one was pink with a bumblebee on :cloud: I saw flowery ones I want too.. I'm currently trying to avoid buying everything Rocha.littleRocha!

ha. well i'm trying to avoid pink. i'm not a massive fan of pink and i'm sure everyone will inundate her with pink things. the dresses i bought today are the first girly things this baby has had, just in case they were wrong with the gender, ha. but i couldn't resist them :D am so used to the idea of having a little girl now i'm going to be most confused if that isn't the case!!

Ah I've got loads of pink for her :blush: I'm worrying though because I don't want her in proper people clothes until she's at least in 3-6 but loads of people will buy us them :shrug:

abz - I didnt like pink when I had my first daughter. In fact I dressed her in a lot of blue and everyone assumed she was a boy. I caved in after a few months though :)

katie_xx - I'm the same, i like little babies in babygrows not clothes! I thought I was wierd :D

yes. i bought one dress today in 3-6 and one in 6-9 (that one was in the sale so bought it. don't think i have anything else that old) but everything else is 0-3. the only things i have in newborn were things that were given. might get a pack or two of newborn stuff from asda but my friend's baby didn't fit in newborn from birth so i don't want to get loads in case it doesn't fit. of course i also don't want my baby to only have really really baggy clothes, ha. you can't win!!

I haven't bought much pink either... and have stuck with fairly neutral stuff and even some blue items!!

My maternity leave is confirmed! I finish on 28 April which is the last possible date I can leave because I have 17 days annual leave to take first!! :happydance:

That said my maternity leave has come at the worst possible time for me but it can't be helped!!

Anyone know where I can find a good maternity leave countdown ticker!!?

i have just sent off my form. mat leave starts 10th may but am using some holiday first so am leaving on 24th april, one month before my due date :D :D can't wait, ha. i will have holiday left over but they will pay me for that in december, probably when i could really do with the extra dosh!!

abz xx

Frufru - congrats on v day yesterday! and i think your idea of a permanent may group is brilliant, it will be so nice to catch up once our little ones are here. I've spent so much time on BnB during my pregnancy (ok admittedly i should've been working ;)) i'd really miss having a specific place to catch up!

Abz - i'm sure apricots are really good for iron.You can buy the ones in a plastic bag that are kind of dried and they're actually ok - 3 of the little suckers are one of your 5 a day too!! i have them most days, sometimes in my cereal :thumbup:

I haven't bought much at all for the baby, but today i found an 'I love daddy' baby grow in Next (thank for whoever suggested that!!) that i'm going to give to my hubby tomorrow as an extra birthday pressie! :thumbup:

And all this talk of mini eggs and double deckers is just not helpful! i don't have either in :( will need to go rummage the cupboards and see what else will fulfill my chocolate cravings..... oh actually, hubby bought me toblerone last week and it has survived until now....not for much longer me thinks :haha:

:hugs:

ha. you had chocolate in the house that long and it survived?

Cravings for me at the moment are chunky kitkats and pink grapefruit juice!

Can't remember who mentioned the birth programme on tv tonight, Katie think it might have been you....anyhow it's filmed in my local hospital in Southampton. Should be interesting!

So where is everyone hiding? Have all the other ladies defected to 3rd Tri? I may take a sneeky peak over there and see if recognise anyone.

Abz - do you have SPD? Is that why your hips are painful? I saw a physio yesterday who advised me to buy a support belt. So painful, especially turning over in bed at night.....my joints 'clunck'. Yuk!

ha. you had chocolate in the house that long and it survived?

yeah a miracle!! well don't worry i've now fixed that situation :thumbup: maybe shouldn't have eaten it all in one go though :haha:

hi mojo. i suspect that i do have spd. given how much pain i was in last night. however the doc tells me to see the mw. the midwife said oh ok, didn't examine me, ignored the box for spd and ticked 'hip pain' and then just moved on. so i go to group physio, although probably not all that urgently. of course if i end up in pain like last night again without having overdone it i'll be back at the docs like a shot.

Insomnitoddler has a doc's apt tomorrow, other than that we're pretty uneventful round here. Am spending the day doing housework & looking for contract work till Insomnibaby arrives. What's everyone else up to?

Oh that doesn't sound very good. Well my physio said I could use heat pads or hot water bottles and to buy a support belt that holds your pelvis in place and sits just under your bump. I'm going to try it so let me know if you want the website. Of course you need to limit lifting things, hoovering etc. I know how painful it is so if you're not happy definitely get referred. My only worry is if if gets worse as time goes on, I'm only going to get bigger so more pressure and weight. :shrug:

12 minutes, and I WANT MCDONALDS. After the cravings thread, I feel like I might cry if I don't get it :blush:

And we're back on food.... lol!!

Moongirl.. I can't believe choccy survived a week in your house.. I am lucky if it lasts for more than a day in mine!!

And thanks for the dried apricots tip.. I may have to buy some on the way home and give them a try!

Mojo.. some have gone over to third tri... but we are still here and some of the regulars are popping back anyway!!

So the big "birth" program tonight... and I am sure that Abz would appreciate a full update as the program progresses!! :haha:

Katie... I hope you get your McDonalds!!! :)

i used the wrong acronym in an email about the bloody IP telephone system and my boss picked up on it. i jokingly wrote back that i would just write 'phone' in the future to avoid confusion and got this back:

I’d advise some further investigation by yourself. From a support perspective, I’d really expect you to know specifics about how phones work because it’s the root of all our business.

so then i had to say that i had been kidding. i mean. i'm not actually going to say that, that i do know quite a bit about it actually and that i had used the wrong acronym and of course i would look into it more.

couldn't he have just called me a stupid bloody cow and have done with it? i don't want to be here any more. and anyways. it isn't my job. that's why we have a f*cking telecomms team!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->